p23rklo

Jul 17, 2018
I want to ask, is there other games like this(even without sexual content) , because this game left me craving for more interesting stories and i will be damn if this story is nothing but amazing( even though there is a little TOO much bonding events between characters)
Kamidori Alchemy Meister is a game this reminds me of, engaging story with decent enough gameplay (kamidori has good gameplay a lot better than this game but is also a bit grindy). The sad part though is not all Kamidori games are translated and all that is translated is either MTL or fan translation (the developer don't care about people outside japan). The one I'm describing is the game with a protagonist named wilfred (or something similar, it has been a long time since I played it 2010 or 2013 something) and the main heroines are samurai girl, elf with big tits, and loli character.

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
Kamidori Alchemy Meister is a game this reminds me of, engaging story with decent enough gameplay (kamidori has good gameplay a lot better than this game but is also a bit grindy). The sad part though is not all Kamidori games are translated and all that is translated is either MTL or fan translation (the developer don't care about people outside japan). The one I'm describing is the game with a protagonist named wilfred (or something similar, it has been a long time since I played it 2010 or 2013 something) and the main heroines are samurai girl, elf with big tits, and loli character.
Damn, i should have mentioned that i played all kamidori games long time ago(and agarest series also), is there any other games with good story?

Reactions: BiriBiriisTheBes

Panther H

Jan 1, 2019
Damn, i should have mentioned that i played all kamidori games long time ago(and agarest series also), is there any other games with good story?
Maybe something like Evenicle? Though I have a hunch that you already played that as well.
Well, for H-game recommendations (which probably isn't the genre you're asking for, but I think is worth noting), I always point towards Black Souls (and Black Souls 2), The Three Charms series, The Dungeon of Lulu Farea, and whatever stuff is made by Takamakuran.
For non H-games, perhaps 13 Sentinels?

Last edited:

RMelton

Jan 29, 2019
I want to ask, is there other games like this(even without sexual content) , because this game left me craving for more interesting stories and i will be damn if this story is nothing but amazing( even though there is a little TOO much bonding events between characters)
I think it might be a bit hard to gauge what different people's views are on what they would say make a good story. But I would say that for H games, Ideology in Friction is another game that people here had praised the story.

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
Agreed, the game is primarily VN (70-80% of time spent playing the game) with gameplay that is kind of okay if a person likes management games. But gameplay alone this game is not worth it, the story is where it shines, it's deeply engaging and once a person connect the dots between the background plot and character's relationships with each other it feels satisfying as the game is really well written. If a person thinks this game is not worth it then just look at the CGs if that's what they are after since the gameplay is a grindy mess and there are other games more worth playing if a person is looking at gameplay alone. The anime of this game does not do it justice. The characters there are 1 dimensional H heroine tropes (anime) while in the game their motivations are explored more deeply. It serves it's purpose though as an advertisement for this game (even though the animation is shit lol). The game manages to balance comedy slice of life rom com, into a serious adventure game with mix of tragedy (not like generic h games where heroines always loses) and mystery/intrigue.
Its only as grindy as you let it be play on normal in story missions and you will never have difficulty there's no real point doing them on higher difficulty levels anyway. I don't think they were all 1 dimensional but I did hate Luluka and Grey since their dumb decisions are the main reason it gets so depressing. Also what animation? There is none.

kingwizar

Jan 31, 2019
So what exactly tf is Banner ?

All I got was that they were a group of adventurers (?) that wanted to plant a flag on the moon (?) and apparently Banner’s leader reincarnated into the Apprentice.

No idea what exactly was Cordelia and the Organization was trying to do either, I guess they wanted to kill God for some reason ? Really feel like I’m missing a big info dump somewhere but the characters flat out saying “their motive and reasoning doesn’t matter” after beating the True Boss seem to contradict that.

Yushia’s ending kinda sucks NGL, all the other endings have you be happily married to the chosen girl while Yushia’s ending doesn’t even acknowledge the MC’s existence. I guess it’s because she’s part of the sequel and end up fucking the MC of that game.

Edit: The more endings I viewed the weirder Yushia’s ending gets, even Goro, Grey and Lios (whose ending hints at an unreleased game) acknowledge the Apprentice, but not Yushia’s.

Last edited:

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
So what exactly tf is Banner ?

All I got was that they were a group of adventurers (?) that wanted to plant a flag on the moon (?) and apparently Banner’s leader reincarnated into the Apprentice.

No idea what exactly was Cordelia and the Organization was trying to do either, I guess they wanted to kill God for some reason ? Really feel like I’m missing a big info dump somewhere but the characters flat out saying “their motive and reasoning doesn’t matter” after beating the True Boss seem to contradict that.

Yushia’s ending kinda sucks NGL, all the other endings have you be happily married to the chosen girl while Yushia’s ending doesn’t even acknowledge the MC’s existence. I guess it’s because she’s part of the sequel and end up fucking the MC of that game.
After completing the good(?) end at the main menu there's a category called "The Birth of Malice" to fill in gaps and piss you off at how the game ends.

Diorus

Nov 10, 2017
Maybe something like Evenicle? Though I have a hunch that you already played that as well.
Well, for H-game recommendations (which probably isn't the genre you're asking for, but I think is worth noting), I always point towards Black Souls (and Black Souls 2), The Three Charms series, The Dungeon of Lulu Farea, and whatever stuff is made by Takamakuran.
For non H-games, perhaps 13 Sentinels?
The Three Charms series have a simple story, Takamakuran games are a little bit fucked up(except Mercenary Adventure which i played) and don't even start on Black Souls which i played through and through(remembering poseidon hotel still makes me sad).
"Sigh" Guess my futile search will continue but thank you for help.

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
You have the mongirl dreams banner so i assume you already played Monster Girl Quest.

Ppl have reccomended Evenicle for ya, but i'd stay faaaaaaaar away from these if you want a decent story, Evenicle's world setting is interesting, but you play as a generic mc genericson guy and all the waifus are as generic and stupid as they can be, i didnt go far into Evenicle but ppl say that everything besides the mc and the heroines are good regarding to the story.

But i'd recommend you Bunny Black 1&2, i only finished the 1st game and the story is really good.

Orc Wizard

Mar 14, 2017
It's mostly vn skipping it defeats the purpose. If you can't cope with the length don't play it because "gameplay" isn't worth it
Even tho im not a fan of VN's, i do enjoy when they actually try to bring some gameplay into them, and i'm (trying) to read most of it, by most, i mean i'm skipping some side-stories like Ariadne trying to stuff cookies into Estelle's mouth, but bonding stories and main stories im reading everything, and most of the stuff is rly good, i specially like Goro's character for some reason, he's just a cool and funny dude that i'd like to have a beer with some day while discussing random bullshit, his bonding events reminds me of the talks i have with my discord bros.

By the way, am i the only one who found funny how Casca randomly falls in love with you despite having no prior bonding events like the other waifus? Lol
I mean, i get, its the self-insert fantasy and stuff, but come on devs, make an effort into making it at least believable, like we say here in brazil: "me engana que eu gosto" (tool me that i like it)

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
By the way, am i the only one who found funny how Casca randomly falls in love with you despite having no prior bonding events like the other waifus? Lol
I mean, i get, its the self-insert fantasy and stuff, but come on devs, make an effort into making it at least believable, like we say here in brazil: "me engana que eu gosto" (tool me that i like it)
Its because they made the dumb decision of putting your bonds and character lore under the same category instead of putting stuff about their past and such under main scenario or a separate category.

• Haha
Reactions: Orc Wizard

Zastinx

Feb 18, 2018
I just noticed I'm missing one ending in the gallery under special ending 2. Any idea anyone who's completed this?

boboverlord

Sep 16, 2020
From what I have tried so far, the weapon with the highest dps is a bow and arrows. Like, no contest at all.

A sword with 126 power will deal 250 dmg per hit.
A magic tome with 393 power will deal 400 dmg per hit.
A bow with 150 power and a quiver of arrows with 100 power will deal 2,000 dmg per hit.

That's entirely an order of magnitude of the differences.

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
From what I have tried so far, the weapon with the highest dps is a bow and arrows. Like, no contest at all.

A sword with 126 power will deal 250 dmg per hit.
A magic tome with 393 power will deal 400 dmg per hit.
A bow with 150 power and a quiver of arrows with 100 power will deal 2,000 dmg per hit.

That's entirely an order of magnitude of the differences.
Don't forget about character's and weapon's skill too. My casco can deal 1.6k damage and 13k-ish crit damage with 115 power tome.

p23rklo

Jul 17, 2018
Its only as grindy as you let it be play on normal in story missions and you will never have difficulty there's no real point doing them on higher difficulty levels anyway. I don't think they were all 1 dimensional but I did hate Luluka and Grey since their dumb decisions are the main reason it gets so depressing. Also what animation? There is none.
What I meant by 1 dimensional is the characters in the anime/h anime of this game. For example in that anime (only 3 characters shown Yushia, Luluka, and Ariadne) their primary motive is reviving the kingdom by focusing on sex industries (almost same theme as start of game) but that's all there is to it. After that it's all h animations till the end no nuance or deep dialogue. It has a total of 2 episodes and the animations are not good to say the least... But it does it job (hopefully) of advertising this game. It's not viewable in game or something, it's a separate thing that can be viewed in the internet. I like how each character is written in game (I know it's subjective and all) and comparing how they were written in game to the anime just shows how bland their anime counterpart is.

3.40 star(s) 25 Votes