Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
It's already been done, but it wasn't effective through asset editing.
Here you go if you want the game uncensored.

Not my work.
What method is used for this game's case though? Might be good to add additional ways to uncensor stuff into the guide.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
What method is used for this game's case though? Might be good to add additional ways to uncensor stuff into the guide.
Assembly CSharp editing.
That is a rabbit hole all on it's own, probably needs to have a separate thread.

That being said, I tried to learn how to modify C#, and it was just a headache after another headache.
If you would like to create your own guide on modifying C#, be my guest.

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
Assembly CSharp editing.
That is a rabbit hole all on it's own, probably needs to have a separate thread.

That being said, I tried to learn how to modify C#, and it was just a headache after another headache.
If you would like to create your own guide on modifying C#, be my guest.
Haha i have 0 experience in coding language so thats outta my league rip

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
On the other hand, anyone tried to uncensor a 2d game on unity called Back Alley Tales?

1 of the effect filter (or more like no filter) in the game has a special mosaic blocking the view of the genitals for whatever reason. Game also has 7 parts of assets lmao. Here's the link to the files I tried to do it on my own but it's a headache trying to track all 7 parts of assets lol. Wonder if there's a shortcut doing it. Might need some help here. Thanks a lot!

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
On the other hand, anyone tried to uncensor a 2d game on unity called Back Alley Tales?
We had some discussion about 2D style games. It is certainly doable, however you have to bank on the censor not being baked directly into the textures. Back Alley Tales is a pixel based game, which means the censor is most likely a part of the artwork. You would need to redo the sprite assets if you wanted anything closer to uncensored.

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
We had some discussion about 2D style games. It is certainly doable, however you have to bank on the censor not being baked directly into the textures. Back Alley Tales is a pixel based game, which means the censor is most likely a part of the artwork. You would need to redo the sprite assets if you wanted anything closer to uncensored.
Ah that's sad to hear, still, is there any shortcut when it comes to games with many parts of assets?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Ah that's sad to hear, still, is there any shortcut when it comes to games with many parts of assets?
If you're looking for the material / shader asset, just scan each asset for mosaic as the title.
Can be a bitch if you have 50 assets, but you should find it.
Once you find the material, you should be able to use the shader method to remove the censorship.
Haven't seen the shader method not work yet.

If you're looking for textures, use Unity Asset Studio to find them.
Then export / import them through UABE.

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
If you're looking for the material / shader asset, just scan each asset for mosaic as the title.
Can be a bitch if you have 50 assets, but you should find it.
Once you find the material, you should be able to use the shader method to remove the censorship.
Haven't seen the shader method not work yet.

If you're looking for textures, use Unity Asset Studio to find them.
Then export / import them through UABE.
Ahh so we have no choice but to go through 1 by 1 then? Thanks for the tips fam, really need some patience lol

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018

1 of the effect filter (or more like no filter) in the game has a special mosaic blocking the view of the genitals for whatever reason. Game also has 7 parts of assets lmao. Here's the link to the files I tried to do it on my own but it's a headache trying to track all 7 parts of assets lol. Wonder if there's a shortcut doing it. Might need some help here. Thanks a lot!
So i also posted 1 page ahead or 2 how i solved it, had to modify the color map at the end of the mosaic field

just compare the 2 of them so you can see what was modified

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018
After you do the block size
CENSORED
=====
0 pair data
1 string first = "_Color"
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 1
0 float g = 1
0 float b = 1
0 float a = 1
[1]
0 pair data
1 string first = "_EmissionColor"
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 0
0 float g = 0
0 float b = 0
0 float a = 1
=======

UNCENSORED
=======
0 pair data
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 1
0 float g = 1
0 float b = 1
0 float a = 0
[1]
0 pair data
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 1
0 float g = 1
0 float b = 1
0 float a = 0
========

the "0 float a" represents the transparency level, 1=opaque, 0=transparent

After modifying some of the values there, I got on the square that was censoring, a mirror effect, it was mirroring some other part of the game, like if the square was on the pussy, i would see on in maybe some part of her face, so if the face moved during an animation, so did the contents that was shown in the little square.
So i just started so modify more values on the _emissioncolor and _color.Took me a few hours to find out, I also checked all the sprites and I saw them uncensored in assests, so I kinda knew that I gotta modify just 1 thing to make it work
Honestly I'm not really sure what happened there but it worked,

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
After you do the block size
CENSORED
=====
0 pair data
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 1
0 float g = 1
0 float b = 1
0 float a = 1
[1]
0 pair data
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 0
0 float g = 0
0 float b = 0
0 float a = 1
=======

UNCENSORED
=======
0 pair data
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 1
0 float g = 1
0 float b = 1
0 float a = 0
[1]
0 pair data
0 ColorRGBA second
0 float r = 1
0 float g = 1
0 float b = 1
0 float a = 0
========

the "0 float a" represents the transparency level, 1=opaque, 0=transparent

After modifying some of the values there, I got on the square that was censoring, a mirror effect, it was mirroring some other part of the game, like if the square was on the pussy, i would see on in maybe some part of her face, so if the face moved during an animation, so did the contents that was shown in the little square.
So i just started so modify more values on the _emissioncolor and _color.Took me a few hours to find out, I also checked all the sprites and I saw them uncensored in assests, so I kinda knew that I gotta modify just 1 thing to make it work
Honestly I'm not really sure what happened there but it worked,
Thanks fam, it's a lot more complicated than I thought lol

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
Mind getting the hole game? I'll upload it. I might've done more and dont remember

It works for me View attachment 364216
Oh that's a different filter. The top left has a "F" icon which you can change the filter of the "camera" and it's the stuff I was talking all along haha. It has grain, "bar", grain+bar and no-filter. Only the "no-filter" filter has that mirror mosaic thing. I guess it's blended into the art eh?

AlexDuKaNa

Jan 9, 2018
Oh that's a different filter. The top left has a "F" icon which you can change the filter of the "camera" and it's the stuff I was talking all along haha. It has grain, "bar", grain+bar and no-filter. Only the "no-filter" filter has that mirror mosaic thing. I guess it's blended into the art eh?
Weird that the other 3 have filters are uncensored and that one isn't, well I don't think the mosaic is blended into the art cause i used Assets Studio to view the art, and the art had no censor over it

g00km00t

Jan 11, 2019
Weird that the other 3 have filters are uncensored and that one isn't, well I don't think the mosaic is blended into the art cause i used Assets Studio to view the art, and the art had no censor over it
Probably used some weird shader thing, it's my first time seeing a mirror mosaic too. Thanks for the help anyway!

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Prick Are you familiar with bundle identifiers? I'm currently trying to figure out how to port unity games built originally on windows to android and I'm not sure how to change these yet so I don't get a build mismatch resulting in the game not working.

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Prick Are you familiar with bundle identifiers? I'm currently trying to figure out how to port unity games built originally on windows to android and I'm not sure how to change these yet so I don't get a build mismatch resulting in the game not working.
Nah I have zero involvement with android.
IMO, if the developer doesn't create an APK version, you're going to need some talent to reverse engineer and port.
Not saying it's impossible, but good luck to you lol.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Nah I have zero involvement with android.
IMO, if the developer doesn't create an APK version, you're going to need some talent to reverse engineer and port.
Not saying it's impossible, but good luck to you lol.
I figured I would ask considering you wrote a tutorial on uncensoring unity games. I think if I solve this bundle identifier issue then porting unity games might actually be really easy since they all use mono as a backend.