TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
I've noticed your updates are taking a little longer then they used to, do you think you're maybe suffering a little with scope creep or something similar? Quality has definitely gone up since you started, but you may be obsessing over the small stuff too much. What do you think?
Compared to when I started, my updates have taken twice as long. But I think that's okay, because over time I've started to put more effort into basically everything. Solvalley, for example, used only standard Honey Select animations, had text that was so bad it was hard to understand, had images that were poorly done, etc.

Now I'm thinking better before I write, I've started to make most of the animations from scratch, I'm making images that are a bit more polished, etc. So this additional delay is justified.

In the case of the latest HS Tutor update, the delay is 100% my fault, so much so that I even canceled my Patreon fee for this month. One of the biggest problems is that fixing the scripts, while necessary, is not very stimulating. So I really struggled to concentrate on the task and wasted much more time than I needed to. A big script only takes 2 days of work (15 hours of uninterrupted work), but when you're not focused, you start to notice that the hours fly by without any real progress...

Another problem I notice is that both Solvalley and HS Tutor are already at a point where the protagonist has practically won over all the girls, and this makes a lot of the appeal disappear, at least for me. This makes it harder to keep up the momentum of working all day, including Saturdays and Sundays.

Xantoser

Apr 28, 2020
Another problem I notice is that both Solvalley and HS Tutor are already at a point where the protagonist has practically won over all the girls, and this makes a lot of the appeal disappear, at least for me. This makes it harder to keep up the momentum of working all day, including Saturdays and Sundays.
Have you thought about introducing new characters (the principal's family) and merging their history into a harem ending instead of making another pre-harem history? This way you should have energy to finish HSTutor. Maybe the principal's daughters should be some kind of end game bosses who are hard to win over? Maybe, to show that, they could appear in some earlier game scenes where they are first suspicious of MC's actions and then they are disgusted? Of course, in the end, they will end up in a harem.

TK8000

Game Developer
Jul 9, 2017
Have you thought about introducing new characters (the principal's family) and merging their history into a harem ending instead of making another pre-harem history? This way you should have energy to finish HSTutor. Maybe the principal's daughters should be some kind of end game bosses who are hard to win over? Maybe, to show that, they could appear in some earlier game scenes where they are first suspicious of MC's actions and then they are disgusted? Of course, in the end, they will end up in a harem.
The original plan was for the principal to have one, two, or even three daughters, but recently I've been thinking about doing her childless, or just with one girl.

My idea at the moment is that the Main Character will have to do various tasks related to the school and the students, and as the MC solves the various problems (even in his own inept way), he will gain the principal's trust and become closer to her. So the principal would be the "final boss", rather than her daughter. But I think one of the points of my games is that every character has their own "fuckable" family, so I think I'll add at least one daughter for the Principal to keep that tradition going.

As for not having the energy to finish HS Tutor, that won't be a problem. Since I started with these games I've never been without work, even in somewhat unproductive moments. When I was revising so many scripts and feeling a bit tired and unmotivated, I still manage to produce 500 images + 30 animations for HS Tutor alone.

WindIsHowling

Aug 5, 2017
Compared to when I started, my updates have taken twice as long. But I think that's okay, because over time I've started to put more effort into basically everything. Solvalley, for example, used only standard Honey Select animations, had text that was so bad it was hard to understand, had images that were poorly done, etc.

Now I'm thinking better before I write, I've started to make most of the animations from scratch, I'm making images that are a bit more polished, etc. So this additional delay is justified.

In the case of the latest HS Tutor update, the delay is 100% my fault, so much so that I even canceled my Patreon fee for this month. One of the biggest problems is that fixing the scripts, while necessary, is not very stimulating. So I really struggled to concentrate on the task and wasted much more time than I needed to. A big script only takes 2 days of work (15 hours of uninterrupted work), but when you're not focused, you start to notice that the hours fly by without any real progress...

I don't think it's sustainable for anyone to work 7 days a week, but if you want to make the most of all the time you're working it may be good to switch projects / concepts more often when you're feeling uninspired on a project, like you probably did with the Daz thing. It could be a good candidate for a burnout blocker, where you work on another project when you're feeling uninspired with HSTutor.

I think it's wise to finish off Solvalley and HSTutor soon as you're planning, I look forward to see what your new games look like!

Kronox001

Oct 19, 2017
Anyone know of any other games where you bang milfs/single moms? (pref 3D /Animated / Anime style) (already played Milfy Day)

Nyarstot

Jan 11, 2020
Did anyone faced the Garnet event errors? I get this from update to update in any event linked with Garnet (Including appearance on the map).

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/map.rpy", line 536, in script
if event_garnet_07 and dayweek != 7 and dayweek != 1 and daytime == 1 and sleep_bed and not event_garnet_08:
File "game/map.rpy", line 536, in <module>
if event_garnet_07 and dayweek != 7 and dayweek != 1 and daytime == 1 and sleep_bed and not event_garnet_08:
NameError: name 'event_garnet_07' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "A:\F95Zone\HStutor\HSTutor-0.14.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "A:\F95Zone\HStutor\HSTutor-0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "A:\F95Zone\HStutor\HSTutor-0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
HSTutor 0.14.0
Wed Sep 13 00:15:16 2023
```

sasxmjcn

Dec 8, 2020
Did anyone faced the Garnet event errors? I get this from update to update in any event linked with Garnet (Including appearance on the map).

```
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "A:\F95Zone\HStutor\HSTutor-0.14.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2115, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "A:\F95Zone\HStutor\HSTutor-0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1092, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "A:\F95Zone\HStutor\HSTutor-0.14.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1085, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
HSTutor 0.14.0
Wed Sep 13 00:15:16 2023
```
/jk

stop running the game off a floppy disk may help

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Hello!
I skipped last Friday's report because I had to travel to the middle of nowhere for 4 days and I had nothing but a laptop that I used to work on the texts for the next HS Tutor update. But now I'm back.
Well, I'm already in the final stages of the update. All the scenes I've made are basically finished, except for a few details of their repeatable variations.
Right now, I'm doing the last two sex scenes that will go into this update: Ursula + Garnet (school), and Ursula + Garnet + Charlotte (school). Here's a list of what I did:
1. Ursula 1 (pool / Ursula + Charlotte)
2. Ursula 2 (pool again / Ursula + Charlotte + Garnet)
3. Ursula 3 (MC's House / Ursula + Zoe)
4. Ursula 4 (swimming test at school)
5. Ursula 5 (first date)
6. Ursula 6 (second date)
7. Ursula 7 (sex / repeatable scene)
8. Ursula + Garnet (school / repeatable scene)
9. Ursula + Garnet + Charlotte (school / repeatable scene)
10. Zoe + Dorothy + Mila (repeatable scene)

All the scenes except 8 and 9 are finished. However, I'm probably going to add things to the repeatable variations.
You may have noticed that Jasmine's (Ursula's Mom) scenes aren't on the list yet, that's because I decided to put them in the next update, since this one is taking forever. So once I've finished the two scenes in the school, added one or two extra positions in the replayable versions, all that's left is to replay the whole game and look for bugs and that's it.
As for the next steps, most patrons have decided that they want another HS tutor update, although a good number have also decided that I should do whatever is most productive. So I've decided that I'll do another HS Tutor update, but a shorter one, and I'll set aside 20% of each day to add the last few things for Solvalley's latest update.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some thoughts about other things
As I mentioned above, I'll be working on another update for HS Tutor after this one. The next update will be faster, but I still have the 18k+ lines of Garnet and Mom's script to review, so there's still a bit of boring, unproductive work ahead of me.
I'm also going to take some time to work on the final details of Solvalley, according to the list of things I have to do in the game. I'm going to fulfill the wishes of my patrons, who long ago asked for a new "solo" scene with Valentina (Anastacia's busty mother), an extra scene in the Verdi ending (sharing with Kirk), etc. The only thing that still worries me about Solvalley is that the harem mode is very incomplete. But as one of my patrons said, maybe it's not impossible to go back and add or revise things in the future.
Still on the subject of Solvalley, one thing that has always puzzled me is why almost all of the requests I've received lately have been for "sharing mode", when I estimate that 80% of players more or less prefer the "solo mode". I think the answer is simple: Solvalley has basically exhausted solo interactions. Alex is one of the most sexually active fictional characters in the history of entertainment products. Every girl and her mother, and sister, and maid, has had sex with him several times.
At this point, the only way to make Alex have new experiences is to introduce aliens or beings from other dimensions. By the way... I almost did just that, remember the scene where Kirk gives Alex an alien artifact? Well, I never expanded on that, and I don't think I'm going to, because even for the Solvalley School universe, having sex with an intra-dimensional being is going too far.
But back to the point...with the solo scenes already explored to the point of exhaustion, it was natural to expect that most of the requests would be for something that isn't explored as much, the sharing scenes. There's a problem with that, though. Since Solvalley is a huge game, the possibilities for "sharing" scenes are just as big as the "solo" scenes, and if I keep fulfilling all the fan requests, apart from never finishing the game, I'm going to devote a lot of time to something that isn't what the vast majority of people are interested in (patrons included).
Take my Patreon numbers for example:
Since October 2021, i.e. two years ago, the number of patrons has been in decline. I'm not too worried about this because my goal has never been to become a millionaire who can spend 3 months in the Bahamas and then post about how I haven't been able to work for the last few months because I contracted Ebola or something. But I can't ignore that trend. Although there are still a lot of people asking me to "sharing scenes" for the game, I'll only do those that were asked by patrons and before today. This way I can finally finish a game that I think has already given everything it could give, and a lot more, and move on to new projects.
As for new projects, I have Honeymoon Island, which I don't want to explore too much here on this Patreon page because I think it's too different from what you guys like and expect. But it's a project that I own 100% of the rights to and can monetize elsewhere, so from a business standpoint, I think it makes sense to continue with the game. Also, for some reason, games with those DAZ models tend to do quite well, so maybe I should at least try to give it more attention in the future to see if I can get more support.
A new Solvalley-style game with improvements all around, which I've been planning for a couple of years now, will probably be enough to improve my numbers and give me a bit more security for the future. But I don't want to touch it until Solvalley is 100% finished.
Well, I think that's all. I don't know if anyone is interested in all that I've written, so I'll stop and get back to what really matters: the scene where the MC fucks Ursula, Garnet and Charlotte at the same time.

arcader000

Nov 13, 2019
Shame it's been going down steady like that, when the best stuffs been in the last couple updates. Crazy big updates with alotta heart in them.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Hello!
This report will be short. I've decided that the update is ready (content-wise) and I'm at the last step, which is the programming part. There's only one more thing I'm going to do later, which is to add a few extra things to the repeatable scenes, which I decided to leave for last this time.
All I have to do now is pass the characters lines to Ren'py's language, which is pretty simple most of the time. The part that could be considered "complex" (it's not really, it's all quite simple) is the part that requires some logic, but even with that I estimate that I only need another 10 hours of work to get this part done.
Here's an example of what I'm doing (the top half is the Ren'py scripting language, the bottom half is the raw text:

After these next 10 hours of work, I'll create at least one new pose for each repeatable scene, which should take another day or two of work. And that's basically it.
Then comes the testing part to see if all the events work, if nothing is broken, etc., and finally I'll make the update available here.
After the update is done, I'll work on the scenes with Ursula's mother and the school principal (I've finally decided, she'll only have one daughter, about MC's age). I'm also going to set aside 20% of each day to do Solvalley's last scenes.
See you guys soon!

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Download Links:

In the OP

Changelog:
New scenes:
1. Ursula 1 (pool)
2. Ursula 2 (pool again)
3. Ursula 3 (playing games with Zoe)
4. Ursula 4 (school swimming test)
5. Ursula 5 (first date)
6. Ursula 6 (second date)
7. Ursula 7 (third date)
8. Ursula and Garnet (school)
9. Zoe, Mila and Dorothy
Scripts fixed:
- Charlotte
- Megan
- Kelly
- Scarlett
- Claire
- Helena

Other changes:
- 3 types of text box to choose from: normal, lighter, transparent (do not work on android version)
- removal of 95% of occasions where the MC stuttered when speaking
- the role of Mila and Zoe have the first letter capitalized when appropriate (useful for pervs who write "mom", "mother", etc)
- minor bugs fixed

How to install the patch:
Unzip wherever you like and move the files to your HS Tutor 0.14.0 folder, correctly overwriting all the old files.

About possible bugs:
In my tests I ran 100% of the game and tested it for over 8 hours and didn't find any bugs. But I didn't test all the possibilities (for example, all the possible different options during conversations). If you find any bugs, let me know so I can fix them as soon as possible.

How to unlock the new scenes:
Ursula is the penultimate girl in the game, so her scenes depend on a few others. To unlock the first pool scene, you need to do all of Garnet and Charlotte's scenes, including the sex scene with the two of them together.
To unlock the scene with Zoe and the continuity of Ursula's events, you need to do all the Zoe and Claire scenes, including the Zoe+Claire scene at school in the morning, as well as the Zoe+Garnet scene (talk to Garnet in the afternoon in front of her house and invite her to yours).
To unlock the orgy scene (Zoe+Mila+Dorothy), you need to have done the celebration scene on the beach with Zoe and Mila, as well as having had sex with Dorothy at least once. Then talk to Dorothy at her house in the afternoon.
Remember that there is a smartphone inside the game with help, as well as tips for unlocking the scenes in the "relationships" section.

Next steps
I'm going to work on the scenes of Ursula's mother and the school principal (+ daughter) for an update that I plan to do quickly.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
" (useful for pervs who write "mom", "mother", etc) "

When the guy that writes an incest scene into every girls arc calls you a perv.
Anyways, i'll be waiting for the incest patch tyvm
He writes that like that cause of Patreon, he is making fun of them like this in for ever lol

There is no need for an incest patch (its even in the sentence you quoted). You define roles. Well if you want you can wait for eternity, I guess.

4.20 star(s) 82 Votes