VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yep, I'm bringing it back. The reason I had canceled it was it because I thought it was too 'dark' but that's totally fine because I have two other games that are slice of Life and people can play those if they want a happy story or just dating simulator.

Though, I have to warn you that when I do bring HfC back, it'll be a kinetic harem novel, so that means I will remove all the choices and you will automatically get all the girls at the end.

The reason is because I want to tell the story without choices changing it because it is so complicated and the mystery is so deep, and adding choices was really starting to mess up the story as I thought about the story further.

How do you guys feel about that?
I'm really happy tbh. I really wanted to see where it was going. :)

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Yeah, I really enjoyed Hunger for Chaos because Torrey was just so fucking likeable. Loved that girl.
As for VN vs KN, I always am going to want choices because I am always going to want a sense of control in a game but you do you SW.

Last edited:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Yeah, I really enjoyed Hunger for Chaos because Toni was just so fucking likeable. Loved that girl.
As for VN vs KN, I always am going to want choices because I am always going to want a sense of control in a game but you do you SW.
I agree in the fact that i always have preference to make choices but this situation is the exception.
When a dev has a unwavering direction for a story then try to add in variety with choices it kind of seems phoned in imo.

It seems to go against the devs love and drive for the vn and can hurt it with choices just for choices sake.

Not speaking of this dev in particular but just in general when there is a truly apparent direction for a vn and the dev tries to please others at the vns expense.

Just my two cents. Regardless in what form I'm am happy the story will be revived:)

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Yeah, I really enjoyed Hunger for Chaos because Toni was just so fucking likeable. Loved that girl.
I agree in the fact that i always have preference to make choices but this situation is the exception.
When a dev has a unwavering direction for a story then try to add in variety with choices it kind of seems phoned in imo.

It seems to go against the devs love and drive for the vn and can hurt it with choices just for choices sake.

Not speaking of this dev in particular but just in general when there is a truly apparent direction for a vn and the dev tries to please others at the vns expense.

Just my two cents. Regardless in what form I'm am happy the story will be revived:)
I completely understand, which is why I want you guys to think of this as a movie or TV show. There's going to be suspense, drama, twists, and everything else.

As to my other slice of Life games it's about the sex and relationships, as you already know a lot is happening in this story with the story, but of course I'm going to make you bond with the girls and make you love everyone.

But I promise you I will give you a fucking good story to make up for those choices

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I completely understand, which is why I want you guys to think of this as a movie or TV show. There's going to be suspense, drama, twists, and everything else.

As to my other slice of Life games it's about the sex and relationships, as you already know a lot is happening in this story with the story, but of course I'm going to make you bond with the girls and make you love everyone.

But I promise you I will give you a fucking good story to make up for those choices
That's all my freeloading ass can hope for :cool: seriously best of luck with all 3 projects I'm routing for you :)

Caeir

Jul 26, 2020
JAB has been interesting with the sense of concern around Camilla. HFC sounds like it has a little darker material. I'll look forward to it's appearance (I'm guessing after PP). Everything you've produced to date has been excellent, you definitely don't disappoint (IMO).

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
In my opinion this is the BEST game from SuperWriter, but the thread has not been updated since august, and this is very sad ((( I Hope it will not be abandoned
I'm fairly sure it's like a first draft of what's to come while he finishes his other game (Picture Perfect), so he can see if people will like his new idea. When this is your main (or at least a considerable) source of your income you want to be prepared in case people don't like it and will jump ship once you wrap up your other project.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
View attachment 956297

So, my new harem kinetic game next week will be the game known as 'Just Another Bubble.' I'm releasing an upgraded version of the first update for those who did not play when it was first released months ago.

NOZ needs some retooling because a lot of the superpowers need to be changed to fit Daz, like one of the heroes using lightning. It's not in any way dead, but definitely delayed for now.

So! I will have this game for you all to play next week and I know you're going to really enjoy it because it's a lot different from my usual games and there's a very good mystery to sink your teeth into.

PLOT: You, Bianca (18) and Alejandra (23) have been closer than a normal unit since the passing of your caretakers. And as the oldest two, sharing the same birthday, you and Alejandra have tried to raise Bianca for the last handful of years, taking over your caretakers' cafe.

But it has been a great struggle as your money troubles and other urgent issues start to mount. That's when Torry, your ex-girlfriend from high school informs you of a dark website post, recruiting individuals for a simple case study in exchange for the money that will ease the girls that mean the most to you.

And you ARE able to get the money. But having it might cause you more problems than you ever thought possible, and may thrust you into a world where certain events defy all logic.
It seems that the original look of the girls will suffer changes in this game too? In Picture Perfect, these changes were not well received, and to be honest, the original looks of the girls there was much better, this change in skin tone will not please everyone. I know you have your own reasons for doing this, but i don't think this changes will be successful here either, but i HOPE im wrong and that everyone will like this models just like the original ones. But why change their names??The original names were quite good too

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
My mistake on the earlier post, the new game is called 'Hunger for Chaos' that I released months ago and I'm now reviving.

mac ==

pc ==

Here are the first two updates for everyone, and the third in a couple of weeks will go to the respective tiers, but I wanted you all to try this one out which is a really good game.

Have fun!

HUNGER FOR CHAOS (science fiction): You're no stranger to tragedy. After your mother dies in the same car accident that scars you emotionally and physically, your father is later diagnosed with cancer that requires expensive surgery. Desperate to save your only parent, you drop out of high school and works numerous jobs to afford the lifesaving procedure. You scrape up a third of the money after four years, but by the time you gets the rest, your father will be long gone and buried. Crazy Torry Sanchez, an old high school girlfriend informs you of a dark website post, recruiting individuals who have suffered trauma for a case study in exchange for $20,000. You both venture out to the study’s meeting place, however, you are imprisoned by a maniac only referring to himself as ‘Noel’ and subjected to sick, death trials that defy the laws of physics.

But what are the trials even for? It's up to you to find out. If you can even survive.

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
Does that mean that Just Another Bubble is a ABANDONED project? Well, I'm sorry.

On the other hand, I played a little 'Hunger for Chaos' and I didn't like it at all.

Good luck with your work, SuperWriter. (y)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Does that mean that Just Another Bubble is a ABANDONED project? Well, I'm sorry.

On the other hand, I played a little 'Hunger for Chaos' and I didn't like it at all.

Good luck with your work, SuperWriter. (y)
JAB won't be abandoned. I'll change the way they get the money so it's like story change but the characters and everything else will remain intact when I restart at a later date.

No prob if you don't enjoy this game. Hopefully you like my two others

Reactions: antsz and iOtero

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
JAB won't be abandoned. I'll change the way they get the money so it's like story change but the characters and everything else will remain intact when I restart at a later date.

No prob if you don't enjoy this game. Hopefully you like my two others
You say that JaB won't be abandoned, but just now when I tried to load the page, it redirected to hfc. I'm a little confused.

Mar 28, 2018
Can someone port this game? I've already played Super's Picture Perfect and Secret Summer and I absolutely loved his games and hopefully will love thi one too

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Please stick with your early ideas and plans about Hunger for Chaos, at least: I liked the first 0.1 and 0.2 updates a lot.

Reactions: Eishier

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Please stick with your early ideas and plans about Hunger for Chaos, at least: I liked the first 0.1 and 0.2 updates a lot.
I do like HfC, and it WILL return, but I'm not sure whether I want the original or to tweak it. The story is directly from a book I wrote and not AVN format. The core story will be there, getting kidnapped and put through these trials, etc.

I just have to figure out the harem part. It was fun writing it as a book, but not so much recreating it now that I'm a developer. I have more fun with harems and stuff.

But like I said, the same sci-fi thriller will remain so no worries

Akoolomonch

Dec 4, 2018
What’s up with NFSW sites and the comments almost always being better than the content?

I’m asking this here because this is one of the few where the content is better than the comments.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
What is with people who've never done weed thinking it's like dropping acid? It's not a hallucinogenic, you don't see pretty colours or things that aren't there. If you're going to write a scene about smoking weed and have no idea how it affects people, you should talk to someone who smokes weed, cause it ain't that hard to find a pothead. And scenes like this are fucking ridiculous to anyone who knows, cause weed don't work that way. That's a trip on shrooms or a weak trip on acid. Weed does not work that way.

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes