• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunger for Chaos [v0.2] [SuperWriter]

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Superwriter, I haven't played this game before, I saw the original version and thought it was WAY too dark to really get into. The world is unpleasant enough these days without more depressing gloomy shit taking my time. However, I want to try this new reboot. That said, what the hell is up with the name? That may be harsher than I intended, but man... I hope we find out what it means because out of context, it might... I'm editing my thoughts as it was too mean, but anyway, I don't currently like the name. But seeing now that I've criticized your game title, it's only fair I try your game. Downloading now I suppose.

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
Superwriter, I haven't played this game before, I saw the original version and thought it was WAY too dark to really get into. The world is unpleasant enough these days without more depressing gloomy shit taking my time. However, I want to try this new reboot. That said, what the hell is up with the name? That may be harsher than I intended, but man... I hope we find out what it means because out of context, it might... I'm editing my thoughts as it was too mean, but anyway, I don't currently like the name. But seeing now that I've criticized your game title, it's only fair I try your game. Downloading now I suppose.
Ever heard the saying "Don't judge a book by its cover"? Lol. the title makes complete sense to me because I am the writer, obviously. Soyour job is to play it and find out about the name instead of just criticizing it off the bat =]

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
I'm translating this game into Spanish, but I get this error, and I don't know why it happens to me.
I am also translating MySister MyRommate into Spanish and, doing the same, it has not given me any similar error.
Could someone tell me why this happens?
The CH1.rpy files are the same, one in English and the other in Spanish, therefore it is logical that they have the same labels. I do not get it...

The translation is into Spanish from Spain, not a South American translation, hehehe. ;)

By the way, but the references to "scrubba dub dub" and "Please excuse my dear Aunt Sally." Don't make any sense in Spanish popular culture, so I've had to write other lines, sorry.
Writing different dialogues when translating is normal, the use of "Okay" and "Well...", so common in the English language, are used very little in conversations between Spanish. :)

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label start is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 1 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 1.

The label CH1SLEEP is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 448 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 446.

The label CH1SIDE is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 593 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 591.

The label CH1RE is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 997 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 997.

The label CH1KISS is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 1182 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 1182.

The label CH2 is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 2218 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 2217.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Fri Sep 11 10:23:57 2020

Last edited:

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
Lol Trust me, I will get 100 requests by the time this game is finished. Pregnancy probably being a number one, followed by The harem route
I think the fans of these games like to play ALWAYS THE SAME GAME, with different characters, but always the same: HAREM, PREGNANCY, INCEST. Pregnancies in these types of games would be the only thing that I would not put, and the harem route is very boring, always the same with different girls... I would like a more original approach, something that was not always MORE OF THE SAME, but well... The author of the game is free to do whatever he wants, of course. And everyone is very free to always play the same thing, or not. It is a matter of taste. As a writer of romance novels (sorry, my novels are non-visual, hehe), I value the originality of games more...
When I play I usually choose a character and follow his route. When I finish, I choose another one and so on ... Having sex with all the characters that I meet seems very boring.

Last edited:

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I'm translating this game into Spanish, but I get this error, and I don't know why it happens to me.
I am also translating MySister MyRommate into Spanish and, doing the same, it has not given me any similar error.
Could someone tell me why this happens?
The CH1.rpy files are the same, one in English and the other in Spanish, therefore it is logical that they have the same labels. I do not get it...

The translation is into Spanish from Spain, not a South American translation, hehehe. ;)

By the way, but the references to "scrubba dub dub" and "Please excuse my dear Aunt Sally." Don't make any sense in Spanish popular culture, so I've had to write other lines, sorry.
Writing different dialogues when translating is normal, the use of "Okay" and "Well...", so common in the English language, are used very little in conversations between Spanish. :)

Code:
I'm sorry, but errors were detected in your script. Please correct the
errors listed below, and try again.

The label start is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 1 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 1.

The label CH1SLEEP is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 448 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 446.

The label CH1SIDE is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 593 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 591.

The label CH1RE is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 997 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 997.

The label CH1KISS is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 1182 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 1182.

The label CH2 is defined twice, at
  File "game/CH1.rpy", line 2218 and
  File "game/tl/Spanish/CH1.rpy", line 2217.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Fri Sep 11 10:23:57 2020
You have the same variable(s) defined in two different files.

Reactions: iOtero

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
You have the same variable(s) defined in two different files.
I have not defined any variables, they are the game labels, and in all translations they are repeated in both the English and Spanish files, if not, the game would not work.

GrammerCop

Donor
Mar 15, 2020
I have not defined any variables, they are the game labels, and in all translations they are repeated in both the English and Spanish files, if not, the game would not work.
OK - then you have duplicate labels in more than one file. If your Spanish version is going to replace the original game files, you need to remove the files you are replacing from the game folder.

Edit...or if you are not replacing the original files, you need to rename the Spanish labels.

Reactions: iOtero

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
OK - then you have duplicate labels in more than one file. If your Spanish version is going to replace the original game files, you need to remove the files you are replacing from the game folder.
Thanks, I hadn't thought about it. I change the name of the labels, but can "label start:" be renamed? It's that all games start with that label.

If I change the name, the game won't start.

Anyway, why do I have such labels problems in this game and not in "my sister, my roommate"?
That's what I do not understand.

Last edited:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Thanks, I hadn't thought about it. I change the name of the labels, but can "label start:" be renamed? It's that all games start with that label.

If I change the name, the game won't start.

Anyway, why do I have such labels problems in this game and not in "my sister, my roommate"?
That's what I do not understand.
How did you generate your translation files in the first place? I don't think they should contain any of the labels at all and Ren'Py SDK normally won't include labels while generating new translation files. It's really weird that you have them there.
I'm wondering how did you get them being included in there?

It seems as if you haven't created any translation files at all and have just copied original script files into the game/tl/Spanish/ subfolder and are translating original script files.
The game won't work this way. It isn't supposed to.

You need Ren'Py SDK to generate actual translation files that look like this example I pulled from the Become a Rock Star game for you to look at.
And you need to add translations for the lines in English in there added as comments. Originally all of them are empty ""

Originally they look like this:
Python:
# game/day05.rpy:4
translate Spanish day05_start_ca4fb4fa:

# "Next morning."
    ""

# game/day05.rpy:7
translate Spanish day05_start_dfa7931b:

# "As planned last night, first thing in the morning you went to your father's company."
    ""
And none of them have any labels in them.

This is from the same file translated to Spanish /game/tl/Spanish/day05.rpy

Python:
# game/day05.rpy:4
translate Spanish day05_start_ca4fb4fa:

# "Next morning."
    "A la mañana siguiente..."

# game/day05.rpy:7
translate Spanish day05_start_dfa7931b:

# "As planned last night, first thing in the morning you went to your father's company."
    "Tal y como habías planeado anoche, lo primero que haces por la mañana es ir a la empresa de tu padre."

Last edited:

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
I did not know that system, I limited myself to translating all the rpy files. I'll try it... Thank you.

EDIT: I've already tried it. It's easier, thanks again.

Last edited:

iOtero

Aug 4, 2020
Well... I have already finished the manual Spanish translation and, thanks to you, without any more problems ...

As I say in the translation post, I would like SuperWriter, the original author of this visual novel, not to take offense at my work. If you want me to make it go away, I'll do it without any problem.

I hope more chapters of this novel appear because I really liked the first one. Also, I will try to translate them as they come out. Not to show off, but I think I've done a good job with the first chapter. ;)

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2019
When you enter his patreon page there's 3 other games but nothing about this one, did the dev abandon this game? or this is some secondary project? If it is it won't receive regular updates like the main ones?

Reactions: FemdomN7

Deleted member 1412183

Game Developer
May 15, 2019
When you enter his patreon page there's 3 other games but nothing about this one, did the dev abandon this game? or this is some secondary project? If it is it won't receive regular updates like the main ones?
This one is going to be put on hold for now. I've had a bit of creative trouble figuring out exactly what direction I want to go with the game. So I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before creating it.

I'll update the OP soon

4.80 star(s) 9 Votes