VN Unity Completed HuniePop 2 Double Date [v1.1.0 Deluxe Edition] [Huniepot]

2.40 star(s) 71 Votes

bosinho

Dec 15, 2017
The game just won't recognize any input other than the scroll button, well, guess I can't play.

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Finally played about 2 hours of the game, I think it's good so far. I do get why people are saying it's difficult. Even on the easiest mode I struggled for a while. I am decent now but it's not something you can just breeze through and I can imagine how hard it is on regular or expert mode.

I do find it is starting to get repetitive and dealing with two girls at a time seems to make the character depth and interaction a bit shallow. The CG art looks polished as it should but the game does leave something to be desired with the sexual rewards, no penetration or more hardcore art thus far and I don't expect to see it

thefeeder

Feb 16, 2021
Finally played about 2 hours of the game, I think it's good so far. I do get why people are saying it's difficult. Even on the easiest mode I struggled for a while. I am decent now but it's not something you can just breeze through and I can imagine how hard it is on regular or expert mode.

I do find it is starting to get repetitive and dealing with two girls at a time seems to make the character depth and interaction a bit shallow. The CG art looks polished as it should but the game does leave something to be desired with the sexual rewards, no penetration or more hardcore art thus far and I don't expect to see it

Just finished it yesterday, and you're right- you won't see anything hardcore. Personally, didn't expect to find any, considering the game's roots, but all the art in HP2 are pretty much the same.
The only good things about HP2 are the puzzle, which was challenging AF, and Kyu (and some of the soundtrack. The Strip Club music is just awesome!)
Otherwise, it was pretty medicore. While HP1 wasn't a masterpiece, characters still had depth, and you had incentives to get to know them. In HP2, all the characters are shallow and one dimensional (some of them extremely annoying) and because of the new progressions system, you don't really have any incentive to get to know them (and even if you do, there isn't much to learn, and you mostly get their "Baggage"). Also, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but a lot of the VA was cringy, annoying and completely horrible (Sarah, for example, and Brooke).
As for Baggage and Stamina, it should've been a lot more balanced. Feeding the girls shouldn't take more stamina, nor giving them presents. Stamina should've been applied only to the board itself. As for the baggage- it was definitely an interesting idea and made the game more challenging, but ultimately- the way it was implemented and similar to the stamina- it just punishes you every time you make a move (seriously, is it logical to punished for making 4-5 matches?!)

On the whole, it's not a bad sequel, but it doesn't hold a candle to the first one. Most of the fun and soul the first game had seemed to be taken out of this one. It's a good time waster, but nothing more.

MoogleChan26

Jun 21, 2019
Throwaway point but the first game deals with our "protagonist" wanting to romance so many different women. In the sequel however it feels like they went full degenerate and the protag just wants to have threesomes. I suppose our stand-in protagonist is getting addicted to whatever he's been on.
Just a jest comment

Reionseo

Jun 29, 2020
By the way there's a full ost soundtrack that's been released on the official huniepop website, I'm going to wait for it to be released on steam though.

mrpopo69

Aug 10, 2019
Just finished it yesterday, and you're right- you won't see anything hardcore. Personally, didn't expect to find any, considering the game's roots, but all the art in HP2 are pretty much the same.
The only good things about HP2 are the puzzle, which was challenging AF, and Kyu (and some of the soundtrack. The Strip Club music is just awesome!)
Otherwise, it was pretty medicore. While HP1 wasn't a masterpiece, characters still had depth, and you had incentives to get to know them. In HP2, all the characters are shallow and one dimensional (some of them extremely annoying) and because of the new progressions system, you don't really have any incentive to get to know them (and even if you do, there isn't much to learn, and you mostly get their "Baggage"). Also, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but a lot of the VA was cringy, annoying and completely horrible (Sarah, for example, and Brooke).
As for Baggage and Stamina, it should've been a lot more balanced. Feeding the girls shouldn't take more stamina, nor giving them presents. Stamina should've been applied only to the board itself. As for the baggage- it was definitely an interesting idea and made the game more challenging, but ultimately- the way it was implemented and similar to the stamina- it just punishes you every time you make a move (seriously, is it logical to punished for making 4-5 matches?!)

On the whole, it's not a bad sequel, but it doesn't hold a candle to the first one. Most of the fun and soul the first game had seemed to be taken out of this one. It's a good time waster, but nothing more.
I played a bit more and I like the puzzles, but yeah the characters are awfully shallow. I wish we got a more linear storyline instead it's just pick and choose whose puzzle you want to try to beat. I also knew there would be no hardcore art but I think there's something about the nsfw art that is a little stiff and static. I guess I would have liked if you could at least strip them in the bonus round as the meter is filled up or something

Reactions: thefeeder

thefeeder

Feb 16, 2021
I played a bit more and I like the puzzles, but yeah the characters are awfully shallow. I wish we got a more linear storyline instead it's just pick and choose whose puzzle you want to try to beat. I also knew there would be no hardcore art but I think there's something about the nsfw art that is a little stiff and static. I guess I would have liked if you could at least strip them in the bonus round as the meter is filled up or something
I'm with you on that. I don't know why they took this feature off in HP2, seeing as in HP1 in the bonus round the girls did strip as the meter filled up. So why not keep it in HP2? Even with the Uncensored patch they don't strip, and the art is quite stale.
Not to mention, this game felt more like you're a third wheel in the dates as the girls barely interacted with you and mainly interacted with each other, and the art only helped to reinforce that notion.

Reactions: potatoman398

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
Also, I don't know if it was intentional or not, but a lot of the VA was cringy, annoying and completely horrible (Sarah, for example, and Brooke).
Yeah Sarah was like that on purpose, though Brooke was just bad.
As for the baggage- it was definitely an interesting idea and made the game more challenging, but ultimately- the way it was implemented and similar to the stamina- it just punishes you every time you make a move (seriously, is it logical to punished for making 4-5 matches?!)
I personally never thought the game was punishing my for making 4/+ match but instead just challenge the player by giving them another thing to look out for. Though I mostly ease through the game and didn't let my stamina drop while still making big moves. To me any problem with the game goes along with what the creator has said being that he don't ever just wanted to create the same game but with different girls. And so he did all that he could to make this as Hunie Pop as he could while also making it feel like a different game. Though that in itself might be why so many people actually have a problem with this game, like perhaps it's not Hunie Pop enough. But that's just my opinion anyway.

Reactions: thefeeder
2.40 star(s) 71 Votes