3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
I think you are misunderstanding the dad's part of the story. His mission was to go to earth and spend twenty years there raising his son and preparing him for the war. Time is different on his home world and so only two years would go by there while they were on earth. The dad was captured by enemies, and that messed up the plan, but them staying on Earth for 20 years was the plan.

So, the MC is supposed to know about his powers and with the crystal and things his dad left him that he is just now getting, I think he will learn on his own for a while and the dad will either escape or be rescued soon and be able to teach the son like he was supposed to. But we will have to see.

I agree starting weak is hardly ever fun, but it could work if it doesn't last too long. And of course, it is compounded here because of how the dad is shown, even having sex while he should be trying to escape and focusing on his mission. It puts him in a very negative light, but it should be seen in context. As you point out, it does give the vibe that the father is more interested in fucking hot aliens instead of escaping to protect and train his son, but I think it was not intentional.
Feel like the story could have benefited from a Conan style intro where you see the actual MC in all their glory while the narrator or even the MC themselves is like "let me tell you my story". At least that way you have some inkling of the MC not always being a static haired edgy depressed kid with ED.

Then of course that would allow the removal of scenes with the dad doing all the fucking at the start. Don't really think the MC would be telling a story with vivid details of their dad screwing aliens.

Tenchip3d0

Dec 25, 2020
This isn't the Mc, it's his dad:
View attachment 3803622
I was excited about Mr.Mister putting out his new game, but then I got to the sex scene with the dad, closed it right then. It was already a little odd to see the dad's sisters (MC's aunts) indicating how much they wanted to have sex with him but when he left that planet, and then after not having any scenes between the dad and the earth girls he knocked up, I assumed that was a clear indicator that there wouldn't be any scenes with him, Let alone that he would get one before the Main Character. What a shame and a waste. The game needs the multiple protagonist tag at least. But this was a crap thing to stumble across in a game I never expected to have scenes of another guy fucking someone.

EDIT:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

EDIT 2, electric boogaloo: I started it back up and finished the current content. You can see my review.
c09dd519d5b9022eb92cdc9414e4263f.jpg

Tenchip3d0

Dec 25, 2020
I think a patch to avoid the scene is a good quick fix, but I personally think a better solution is to cut any sexual content with him from the game and in the future. I myself gave an idea of one way to solve the problem of him still being in the game while never having the temptation to sexualize him in my review, but that is just one way. I actually think his side story can be interesting and add depth to the lore and world and I can see the possibilities that having him adds for the futures in regard to teaching the Mc about his powers at some point and them fighting together in the future against the enemies that threaten them and their home world.

Just for me personally one of the big draws to the game was the monster girls. Alien girls and monster girls are one of my favorite genres, so I will be honest that seeing that the cute monster girl had nothing to do with the Mc added to my disappointment and may have left me feeling even worse about it. I personally think a great idea is using the father's story as a tease of things to come, have him meet girls that the Mc will get to see later, like the aunts (from what you have said elsewhere). The dad can save those girls (or capture them) and then we get to see them and think about how great it will be when the Mc meets them later on. Building excitement and anticipation for the building story.

EDIT:

I don't think you need to force early sex scenes, especially if those scenes are of other people. The one with the mother in the tub and the dream sequence with the neighbor would actually be more than enough for a first release. And you can build off that, depending on what the crystal does. Vaginal and anal are off the table while the Mc has his issue but hand jobs, thigh jobs, boob jobs, and modified blow jobs could all be possible. The Mc getting seen and a girl telling him that maybe he just needs to relieve some pressure and offering to help with a hand job is just one idea, and maybe it doesn't help, and he feels more embarrassed, but she tries to tell him it'll be okay. Again, that's just a quick idea off the top of my head.

I know that you would never intentionally add any of the three-letter content or go out of your way to make something that causes such negative reactions. And I certainly don't want to make you feel bad or anything, I think the basic ideas for the story are good, I can see lots of potential, but I can also see that keeping the dad's scene at all and especially adding more scenes with him will just add more and more trouble. At least that's how it looks to me. I always wish you the best and I trust that you will continue to work hard. Thanks for being communicative and being willing to hear out the criticisms, whatever choice you make at the end of the day being willing to talk to the fans at all is a big deal, so thanks again.
337e111ff1b6f783b40b6a4843dc39cb.gif

TKdropemoff

Oct 4, 2023
I think a patch to avoid the scene is a good quick fix, but I personally think a better solution is to cut any sexual content with him from the game and in the future. I myself gave an idea of one way to solve the problem of him still being in the game while never having the temptation to sexualize him in my review, but that is just one way. I actually think his side story can be interesting and add depth to the lore and world and I can see the possibilities that having him adds for the futures in regard to teaching the Mc about his powers at some point and them fighting together in the future against the enemies that threaten them and their home world.

Just for me personally one of the big draws to the game was the monster girls. Alien girls and monster girls are one of my favorite genres, so I will be honest that seeing that the cute monster girl had nothing to do with the Mc added to my disappointment and may have left me feeling even worse about it. I personally think a great idea is using the father's story as a tease of things to come, have him meet girls that the Mc will get to see later, like the aunts (from what you have said elsewhere). The dad can save those girls (or capture them) and then we get to see them and think about how great it will be when the Mc meets them later on. Building excitement and anticipation for the building story.

EDIT:

I don't think you need to force early sex scenes, especially if those scenes are of other people. The one with the mother in the tub and the dream sequence with the neighbor would actually be more than enough for a first release. And you can build off that, depending on what the crystal does. Vaginal and anal are off the table while the Mc has his issue but hand jobs, thigh jobs, boob jobs, and modified blow jobs could all be possible. The Mc getting seen and a girl telling him that maybe he just needs to relieve some pressure and offering to help with a hand job is just one idea, and maybe it doesn't help, and he feels more embarrassed, but she tries to tell him it'll be okay. Again, that's just a quick idea off the top of my head.

I know that you would never intentionally add any of the three-letter content or go out of your way to make something that causes such negative reactions. And I certainly don't want to make you feel bad or anything, I think the basic ideas for the story are good, I can see lots of potential, but I can also see that keeping the dad's scene at all and especially adding more scenes with him will just add more and more trouble. At least that's how it looks to me. I always wish you the best and I trust that you will continue to work hard. Thanks for being communicative and being willing to hear out the criticisms, whatever choice you make at the end of the day being willing to talk to the fans at all is a big deal, so thanks again.
holy hell this is a great retcon idea tbh.

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
Judging by the reaction of users, it seems the game did not start as planned... :oops: I feel for you, Mr.Mister

Hi everyone,

I want to address some concerns that have been raised about a scene in my new visual novel. I had no idea that the content of this scene, specifically involving the father character, would be so important and sensitive to many of you. I included this small scene with the father to add some sex to the game, not realizing the significant impact it could have.

I want to clarify that this is not a direction I planned for the game. Moving forward, the father will have small appearances primarily focused on his attempts to escape with his alien friends. The main character, due to his physical issues, has not been able to engage in sexual activities yet, but his relationships will be developed as the story progresses.

I apologize for any discomfort or frustration this has caused. Thank you for your understanding and for bringing this to my attention. I am committed to learning more about these matters and ensuring the content aligns better with the expectations and comfort levels of my audience.

Thank you for your support and feedback.

Best regards,

Mr. Mister
Realizing the mistake right away is the best part of the job, and not like all some developers who, because of unnecessary scenes and complaints from fans, they hide and remain silent and look for an excuse. Partially, I understand that you wanted to show us the story from Mc’s father’s side, where they show us what he went through and how he will then help his son become the best.

The main thing is that you realized some mistakes right away, the fact is that sometimes unnecessary sex scenes from things not related to Mc are a bad idea, it’s not even about the father, but the fact that we seem to be playing for the main character, but gets other scenes people show this to us...

sometimes it conveys a double feeling and taste, then we suddenly decide to meet this girl who we call “my father fucked” and now suddenly in the future she will seduce me? doesn't look very sexy, well, you understand what we mean :HideThePain:
Nothing terrible happened, many people made worse mistakes, believe me. the main thing is that you have a solution, for example as said JoeTheMC84 we need to change some things, or leave them as they are and not continue to raise such a plot for the father and promote something like where he helps his son without these showing sexual scenes. Judging by the game<Motherless> and how you finished them, we always believe in you Mr.Mister

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Because he is .. how else can you explain his thoughts?
People expect to be given a harsh but good social education in the army,
precisely today with the many unisex mentality of mixed serving recruits.
why does the MC look like a recovering crack addict?
Unfortunately, MC is relegated to .. this:

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Because he is .. how else can you explain his thoughts?
People expect to be given a harsh but good social education in the army,
precisely today with the many unisex mentality of mixed serving recruits.

Unfortunately, MC is relegated to .. this:
I love this warped perception/belief that people who have served in the military are somehow incapable of feeling sad or having a moment of weakness.... it's just so bizarrely removed from anything resembling reality.

As a person whose entire identity was based around being Air Crew I literally sobbed the last time I set foot on my plane after being permanently grounded due to medical issues I had no control over. My entire life I'd wanted to fly and had intended to do it for my entire adult life, I had plans to commission and eventually transition to piloting either through the military or getting my private license. All of that was stripped away in a matter of days as the diagnoses rolled in once I got back from my first/only deployment. My entire plan for my life, how I identified and viewed myself all of it literally up on smoke.

My fucking brain broke, brain chemistry permanently altered I will never not struggle with depression. It's taken me over a decade to get to a point where I'm functioning half as well as I was before that all went down.

And I fortunately don't have any sort of combat trauma piled on top. Soldiers aren't stoic emotionless robots they're usually a pretty representative spread of the population from which they're pulled, with all the quirks and foibles that any average civilian is likely to have plus a whole heap of physical/mental/emotional trauma/damage heaped on top as thanks for doing what they did for their government/nation.

I'd actually expect a veteran to have a more fragile psyche.

Last edited:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I love this warped perception/belief that people who have served in the military are somehow incapable of feeling sad or having a moment of weakness.... it's just so bizarrely removed from anything resembling reality.

As a person whose entire identity was based around being Air Crew I literally sobbed the last time I set foot on my plane after being permanently grounded due to medical issues I has no control over. My entire life I'd wanted to fly and had intended to do it for my entire adult life, I had plans to commission and eventually transition to piloting either through the military or getting my private license. All of that was stripped away in a matter of days as the diagnoses rolled in once I got back from my first/only deployment. My entire plan for my life, how I identified and viewed myself all of it literally up on smoke.

My fucking brain broke, brain chemistry permanently altered I will never not struggle with depression. It's taken me over a decade to get to a point where I'm functioning half as well as I was before that all went down.

And I fortunately don't have any sort if combat trauma piled on top. Soldiers aren't stoic emotionless robots they're usually a pretty representative spread of the population from which they're pulled, with all the quirks and foibles that any average civilian us likely to have plus a whole heap of physical/mental/emotional trauma/damage heaped on top as thanks for doing what they did for their government/nation.

I'd actually expect a veteran to have a more fragile psyche.
People can break in different ways. Some can become emotionless. Probably. When I was young, there was a Vietnam vet living next door. He wasn't emotionless, he was angry constantly. We'd be awoken on random nights with him yelling angrily at nothing or maybe himself or the sky, I don't know. If you'd say hello to him in passing, he'd look at you like you killed his dog. But as a kid, I would still say hi to him. One day he finally waved back and smiled. I almost shit myself. I kid you not. That smile was more terrifying than his angry look.

I'm not making light of PTSD. I have it also. It's something more people need to be aware of.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
People can break in different ways. Some can become emotionless. Probably. When I was young, there was a Vietnam vet living next door. He wasn't emotionless, he was angry constantly. We'd be awoken on random nights with him yelling angrily at nothing or maybe himself or the sky, I don't know. If you'd say hello to him in passing, he'd look at you like you killed his dog. But as a kid, I would still say hi to him. One day he finally waved back and smiled. I almost shit myself. I kid you not. That smile was more terrifying than his angry look.

I'm not making light of PTSD. I have it also. It's something more people need to be aware of.
Oh definitely. And military members are trained to shove shit aside when the going is tough, so generally (imo) if you meet a veteran who doesn't express feelings or emotions they're probably in a real bad way because just the act of living is putting them in that emergency mindspace where they can't do anything other than "the mission" which sadly for a lot of us is just getting through the day. Getting from that to the point where you can actually cry because you're upset, is often more visually upsetting to outsiders, but probably better for the vet overall.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Side plot stuff is fine as long as it's written well and to the point. This early into the game we're not very endeared towards the actual MC. Which I feel you'd wanna do to keep player retention lol. But the big thing was always the sex scenes with a character who wasn't the MC.

Right now a scene could play out like this when the dad returns and we'd cheer for him instead of the MC haha.

omni-man-punch.gif

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes