Shurtugal

Sep 22, 2016
Having a bug where once Christina offers to pay me I can't do sessions any more and she never actual pays me. Any console command to set her back to "free" for the time being?

Sgrudair

Oct 2, 2018
I have been using the mini-map to get around. That still works fine, but it is minor inconvenience.
It may be related but I am not sure, but some characters are missing. The neighbor is never home and some people when I call them and ask where they are, they are at [undefined].

Weyrd

Feb 23, 2021
I have been playing version 0453 and there are a few errors.
One: the mall is constantly closed (and I played a new game)
Two: The time wasn't updated properly when I was searching in the attic. (It seemed to stand still until I left the attic).
Three: when I wanted to enchant the mother in the bathroom it went straight to the kitchen, but the mother entity remained in the bathroom.

I liked that there were more interactions between the various NPC's, but it is unplayable when you cant go to the mall. Just takes forever to get anywhere and no money...

It is odd, because you (the developers) have had these issues before and fixed them, so why have they crept back in? It is a fun game but the latest version isn't working properly.

edited at 19:05 20/10/2021 (Denmark):

Thanks for the prompt reply and I really am happy that the game is moving forward. And thanks to Traeus/SuspiciousLurker for replying to my bugreport.

Have a good evening (it is evening here :))

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2020
I have been playing version 0453 and there are a few errors.
One: the mall is constantly closed (and I played a new game)
Two: The time wasn't updated properly when I was searching in the attic. (It seemed to stand still until I left the attic).
Three: when I wanted to enchant the mother in the bathroom it went straight to the kitchen, but the mother entity remained in the bathroom.

I liked that there were more interactions between the various NPC's, but it is unplayable when you cant go to the mall. Just takes forever to get anywhere and no money...

It is odd, because you (the developers) have had these issues before and fixed them, so why have they crept back in? It is a fun game but the latest version isn't working properly.
Hi, I'm Traeus, the newly added bugfixer and Editor for Hunter's Harem. This was the first version I worked on, and was invited to work on it because Hunter drastically changed how location tracking worked. Doing this simplified the code a lot, and made the game lag way less over time like it used to.

There's an updated html on the discord which fixes at least the mall bug (I'll try to attach it here, but I don't know if that will work). Hunter is likely at work right now, so I'm sure he'll upload an update to the relevant sites when he gets time. I'm still kicking myself because I don't know how in the world we missed that. Sorry! >.<

I might insist on making a full run through of the game on any release candidate before we publish to avoid this kind of thing. I might also insist that we don't implement new code without maybe 3-5 days of testing. But the change that caused this bug was so subtle I didn't think it was anything significant.

Thanks for the report about the attic bug. Time does pass, but the UI isn't refreshed as it should be. I'll note that in a bug report so it is sure to get fixed. (edit= Already fixed it, gave Hunter at least two options to implement in the base code. Thanks again for the report, this will be fixed in the next build).

I've not encountered this bug with the mother personally, but I'll try and recreate it to see what's happening. My guess is that the pre-enchantment switch (when you cast the spell and implant the suggestion) did something to make the location not update correctly, but that's only a guess.

We squashed so many other bugs in this update, it's hard to keep track. lol This is my first time developing anything, so I'm trying to pick up skills as I go. Sorry I'm a newb at this!

I have been using the mini-map to get around. That still works fine, but it is minor inconvenience.
It may be related but I am not sure, but some characters are missing. The neighbor is never home and some people when I call them and ask where they are, they are at [undefined].
Ah, thanks for reminding me about that undefined location bug. I'll put that in a report as well.

One thing I've been thinking about is maybe making a more solid schedule for characters. So finding them to enchant isn't a guessing game. Or at least have a predictable way of finding them in an enchantable location or for events, like make sure Mom eats lunch at home on certain days for example.

Last edited:

LokiSalmon

Jul 7, 2017
(I'll try to attach it here, but I don't know if that will work).
The attachment worked just fine, as does the mall now. Thanks for the fix!

I have one bug report/request if you're able; when you "wait" in a location, the location doesn't seem to update when the waiting action completes. I was waiting at Andrea's apartment for her to come home, but had to leave her apartment and come back in before it registered that she was there.

Reactions: Weyrd
Dec 3, 2020
The attachment worked just fine, as does the mall now. Thanks for the fix!

I have one bug report/request if you're able; when you "wait" in a location, the location doesn't seem to update when the waiting action completes. I was waiting at Andrea's apartment for her to come home, but had to leave her apartment and come back in before it registered that she was there.
Noted. I think there are several instances where the engine doesn't refresh the location like one would expect. I know if you are at Christina's studio, and schedule a session, then you have to leave and come back for her to let you start. This sounds like a similar case.

x0run

Mar 27, 2019
Hi, I'm Traeus, the newly added bugfixer and Editor for Hunter's Harem. This was the first version I worked on, and was invited to work on it because Hunter drastically changed how location tracking worked. Doing this simplified the code a lot, and made the game lag way less over time like it used to.

There's an updated html on the discord which fixes at least the mall bug (I'll try to attach it here, but I don't know if that will work). Hunter is likely at work right now, so I'm sure he'll upload an update to the relevant sites when he gets time. I'm still kicking myself because I don't know how in the world we missed that. Sorry! >.<

I might insist on making a full run through of the game on any release candidate before we publish to avoid this kind of thing. I might also insist that we don't implement new code without maybe 3-5 days of testing. But the change that caused this bug was so subtle I didn't think it was anything significant.

Thanks for the report about the attic bug. Time does pass, but the UI isn't refreshed as it should be. I'll note that in a bug report so it is sure to get fixed. (edit= Already fixed it, gave Hunter at least two options to implement in the base code. Thanks again for the report, this will be fixed in the next build).

I've not encountered this bug with the mother personally, but I'll try and recreate it to see what's happening. My guess is that the pre-enchantment switch (when you cast the spell and implant the suggestion) did something to make the location not update correctly, but that's only a guess.

We squashed so many other bugs in this update, it's hard to keep track. lol This is my first time developing anything, so I'm trying to pick up skills as I go. Sorry I'm a newb at this!

Ah, thanks for reminding me about that undefined location bug. I'll put that in a report as well.

One thing I've been thinking about is maybe making a more solid schedule for characters. So finding them to enchant isn't a guessing game. Or at least have a predictable way of finding them in an enchantable location or for events, like make sure Mom eats lunch at home on certain days for example.
Glad you're on the team as well. Thank you and Hunter for sharing it!

Jan 30, 2020
i've got 2 more bugs.

first brenda is at 2/4 even though i've never interacted with her, that means i cant progress her at all. if i talk to her she just says "i have nothing to say to you"

the second is the notebook says i'm at 1/3 with kim even though i've completed her content.

the second bug is only visual but the fact that i'm completely locked off from brendas content is really annoying.

Dec 3, 2020
Can you send me your save file? I can take a look.

Also, you can use the cheat menu to reset her to whatever state you want.

Last edited:

Jaaru

Aug 21, 2017
I played with the 0.4.5.3a fix and when i open the journal and click Joe i get this error.

Error: <<journalgen>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<gallery>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')); Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length'))

Dec 3, 2020
i've got 2 more bugs.

first brenda is at 2/4 even though i've never interacted with her, that means i cant progress her at all. if i talk to her she just says "i have nothing to say to you"

the second is the notebook says i'm at 1/3 with kim even though i've completed her content.

the second bug is only visual but the fact that i'm completely locked off from brendas content is really annoying.
Ok, I manage to recreate the Brenda bug. It seems to happen when you fast travel to the bookstore after Jasmin tells you to talk to her boss. If you go there via the move links on the right, it works, but using the map travel option it doesn't. Hunter and I are doing a deep dive into the map code to figure out why this is. It's probably some weird order of operations error in a set command somewhere.

To correct this in the short term, reset Brenda using the cheat menu and when you need to go talk to her, travel to the mall then go to the bookstore.

And as I was typing this, Hunter and I found it, and fixed it. It'll work in either case in the next version.

I played with the 0.4.5.3a fix and when i open the journal and click Joe i get this error.

Error: <<journalgen>>: errors within widget contents (Error: <<gallery>>: error within widget contents (Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length')); Error: <<for>>: bad conditional expression: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'length'))
Thanks for the bug report. This will be fixed in the next upload, as well as the other bizarre Joe errors from some missing stuff in the update widget.

thewingfan

Dec 22, 2018

Need some help,

I've played past versions so I know more or less how to progress. I got the bag out of hte attic but when I go to the apartment and ring Andreas she te;;s me to fuck off and I can't trigger the event where I give it to her. I tried at the gym too-nada.

Does mom have to be further along? SHe's at 1/3.

Dec 3, 2020
Need some help,

I've played past versions so I know more or less how to progress. I got the bag out of hte attic but when I go to the apartment and ring Andreas she te;;s me to fuck off and I can't trigger the event where I give it to her. I tried at the gym too-nada.

Does mom have to be further along? SHe's at 1/3.
You have to be at her door, not the door to the complex. Get in "any way you can". lol

3.40 star(s) 17 Votes