VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
I'm really not a grammar nazi nor do I usually worry about non English speaking peeps with an imperfect turn of phrase, but there are multiple instances of one usage in this game which irritates me. "I could of" just doesn't mean anything, should be "I could have", the subject of the sentence is different in other examples, but I understand how someone could mistake this if they never saw it written, just heard it.

Anyway, enjoying the game, think it is really good overall. Like the quest idea, though not new, dev has a gòod balance in leading you to the right places without grinding.

<edited twice because of my own grammar/spelling>
I think it's funny it already happened a few times in this thread people criticize the use of english in the game.
This the dev being from Australia wich in the best of my knowledge is a english speaking country.
Is it a matter of dialect ?

p.s.
For me I don't care being a non-english speaker.

Reactions: Rico Caramba

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
I think it's funny it already happened a few times in this thread people criticize the use of english in the game.
This the dev being from Australia wich in the best of my knowledge is a english speaking country.
Is it a matter of dialect ?

p.s.
For me I don't care being a non-english speaker.
Australians don't speak English, well we do, but it's our version of it. If I wrote the game the way we speak entirely you would have to have the urban dictionary open in just about every scene. Every time I write "there was this fellow" would be, "there was this bloke", the cider you got would be bottles of grog, instead of seeing Jade and Amy when you first got to town you would of seen a couple good looking shelias, you would crack a fat instead of getting a hard on, Jade would be annoying you til the cows came home, and that is just normal without taking it to crikey and stone the flamin' crows level. The could of could have thing, we dont say could have, or could've, we literally say could of because of is shorter than have. We don't even have MacDonald's here, we go for a feed at Macca's and come home via the bottlo and get a carton of piss. Trust me, I decipher to normal speak on the fly.

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
Next thing would be the MC having sex with one of the girls in a canoe, and then him craving for an Australian bottle of piss.

• Haha
Reactions: Canto Forte

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
Had an austalian cousin over once he was impressed with the beer i did feed him .
It was indeed nothing like the beer at home . I was 11,6 % (kanon)

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
Did you just ruined a building joke in the game Rico Caramba ?
Thinking of the lady camping near the water who wanted cider

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Grog makes the hairs strong ... lengthens the beard ... puts black and grey tattoos on the fore arms most specifically ... that the kind of golden overflow the old man gobbles up!

• Haha
Reactions: Mormont

WaltS

Si vis pacem para bellum
Donor
Apr 4, 2018
mickydoo Mate why not provide two languages - one original and one translated for all of 'em foreigners ;-)

Cheers!

Reactions: mickydoo
3.80 star(s) 46 Votes