VN Ren'Py Completed Hustle Town [Complete] [Mickydoo]

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I must have been playing games too much. I am eating out now and there is this waitress who is the spitting image of D from DMD. Small, long blond hair and a humongous rack. She looks a tad brighter though.

• Haha
Reactions: Mormont
Aug 7, 2018
I must have been playing games too much. I am eating out now and there is this waitress who is the spitting image of D from DMD. Small, long blond hair and a humongous rack. She looks a tad brighter though.
Take some pics. Bonus points if you casually ask her whether she's close to her dad ;)

Reactions: Wookie

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
If you don’t hear from me for a while, I am at the police station now.....

No, only joking. She was a nice girl actually. But, you know, only speaking in straight sentences. She didn’t give me a hard egg.

Reactions: mickydoo

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
tiny tits..the preferred tit of the discerning tittist is shunned by the too vocal big tittist movement and we tiny tittist activists are left without justice..i call for the tiny tittist uprising to gain a "tag" to begin here and now!!!
ALSO :D :D :D
So sick of the endless knee warmers in training. Give me perky that will last for decades every time.

Reactions: perheiro and Wookie

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
If Mikayla tells you Jade is looking for you, you should go back to the map and click on Jade's icon. If Jade is not on the map, I am afraid there's something wrong. Perhaps you could go back to an earlier save and try again from there. The game is pretty linear with only a few different routes. Most of the time it will tell you what to do next.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
I'm really not a grammar nazi nor do I usually worry about non English speaking peeps with an imperfect turn of phrase, but there are multiple instances of one usage in this game which irritates me. "I could of" just doesn't mean anything, should be "I could have", the subject of the sentence is different in other examples, but I understand how someone could mistake this if they never saw it written, just heard it.

Anyway, enjoying the game, think it is really good overall. Like the quest idea, though not new, dev has a gòod balance in leading you to the right places without grinding.

<edited twice because of my own grammar/spelling>
Why do some people think language can be defined by some arbitrary rules like Mathematics, chemistry and Physics? Language has always and will continue to evolve. A century ago to be discriminate was to have refined taste now it means your a bigot. Even within defined English rules change from country to country. People need to get heads around fact language will never be constrained by rules and the more you try to do so the less you will be able to communicate with other people as their (oh look an e before an i with no c in sight) usage evolves further and further away than a set of nonsense rules from a bygone era. Is it people that evolving with langage or those that trying to force it into stagnancy that truly ignorant? Is communication not about getting information across concisely in an understandable manner? Did you misunderstand what was been said?

alfeatcat

Sep 20, 2018
Nice game! Finally a game where the breasts don't hit the knees. Keep it up!
I have always wondered what has become of Max's sisters from "Big Brother". And lo and behold, Alice and Lisa also went to Hustle Town to earn their living.

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Australians don't speak English, well we do, but it's our version of it. If I wrote the game the way we speak entirely you would have to have the urban dictionary open in just about every scene. Every time I write "there was this fellow" would be, "there was this bloke", the cider you got would be bottles of grog, instead of seeing Jade and Amy when you first got to town you would of seen a couple good looking shelias, you would crack a fat instead of getting a hard on, Jade would be annoying you til the cows came home, and that is just normal without taking it to crikey and stone the flamin' crows level. The could of could have thing, we dont say could have, or could've, we literally say could of because of is shorter than have. We don't even have MacDonald's here, we go for a feed at Macca's and come home via the bottlo and get a carton of piss. Trust me, I decipher to normal speak on the fly.
Still enough slang and Aussie references to bring a smile to the dial. Not to mention dropping Lake Lyell and Coffs Harbour into mix. Now if I could just walk from Lake Lyell to Eastern Europe I would be a happy man, Amy reminds me so much of this Romanian chick that I got to know when over there (sadly not in biblical sense) who keeps pestering me to get my lazy ass back over there.

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
I dont know but this game gives me a pedo creepy vibe not only are the girls ugly but they look as young as 15 or 16 and MC is not helping out either with putting of that narrative a fat desperate nobody that can't get any real women and prays on young girls with no life experience and low self esteem

prrt

Feb 24, 2019
It is a pitty you think so .
I for me do like the more live like bodies in this game compared to the bouncing ball tits in many other games and
the laid back going in the game .
And that low self esteem I can't see . Most of the time they tease the MC , alone or together , not something someone with low selfesteem will do .

Rico Caramba

Game Developer
Dec 6, 2018
I dont know but this game gives me a pedo creepy vibe not only are the girls ugly but they look as young as 15 or 16 and MC is not helping out either with putting of that narrative a fat desperate nobody that can't get any real women and prays on young girls with no life experience and low self esteem
I can’t blame you if you think the girls are ugly. That is a matter of taste. All the other things, I am sorry to say, are utter rubbish.
Non of the girls are under age. They live on their own. They have jobs. They have sexual experience. And most of all, they behave maturely.
The MC is not taking advantage of any of them. On the contrary, the girls are mostly taking advantage of him. In a friendly and amusing way, though.
This game is the opposite of most other games around, where girls are made to look mature by giving them big tits and asses, so they can act like kids, having no sexual experience at all. Maybe you like those games better.

alfeatcat

Sep 20, 2018
I agree. When I play a game, I want to see pretty young girls!
I see enough fat ugly women in daily life, or I watch a reportage about America.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
If Mikayla tells you Jade is looking for you, you should go back to the map and click on Jade's icon. If Jade is not on the map, I am afraid there's something wrong. Perhaps you could go back to an earlier save and try again from there. The game is pretty linear with only a few different routes. Most of the time it will tell you what to do next.
yea.... I think it's a bug

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
yea.... I think it's a bug
I have no idea why that is doing that to you and no one else, if you press shift o and open the developer console and type in
$ Need_Jade = True
see if that brings her up as that is the code I used for it.

hagare

Mar 27, 2019
I have no idea why that is doing that to you and no one else, if you press shift o and open the developer console and type in
$ Need_Jade = True
see if that brings her up as that is the code I used for it.
oh right.

Shoulda specified I played on android lols

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
oh right.

Shoulda specified I played on android lols
I just played it through on my phone to that bit and Jade shows up on the map for me, click on the phone and see what day/time it is so we can make sure we are on the same bit.

Visago

Jul 5, 2017
The whole time I was playing this game, I couldn't figure out who the MC reminded me off. Then it hit me, Will Sasso from Mad TV. Good game as well, girls are cute, clean dialogue (no engrish) and no goofy mechanics. Excellent start for a new dev.

Le Pew

Game Developer
Dec 22, 2018
Almost same as above. Nice game, funny story, nice models. Maybe a little too many veins visible on the girls bodies to my taste. Only a few grammar mistakes, which is fine (I should have noted it when I read it).

One thing about backgrounds though. When MC is entering I-don't-know-which town early in the game, the town sign and the road markings are French (single white line), and when he goes out with the nurse, it's all American (double yellow line).

Apart from that nice work!

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes