Ren'Py Abandoned Hypno Family Trainer [v0.1.2] [HF Trainer]

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Oh yeah, didn't realize we are spamming here, sorry. :D

/OT EOD

locomotor79

Oct 2, 2016
not bad but when i try hypno commands i get constantly the same phrase.
am srry. ----------- i'm not sure this is a good idea
this is getting annoying

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
not bad but when i try hypno commands i get constantly the same phrase.
am srry. ----------- i'm not sure this is a good idea
this is getting annoying
Who are you trying to hypnotize and when? Have you triggered their passwords?

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
to get their phrase you have to go to their rooms before bed and listen to them talk about their issues. The mom is something about her dressing conservative and the daughter is about confidence.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Cool...curious where he goes next with this. I like the daughters Asian inspired outfit.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
I a little curious if we'll get the next update from the Dev himself. He is the one to add it to this site and it'd be nice.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Beginners error. Never set concrete release dates you cannot 100% hit. Creates nervous backers.

Estimating the time something takes to do is the most difficult task in game development and the one that requires the most experience. A good rule of thumb is have a real honest think about how long you can realistically spend every day on the game, then half that time.

Set a release date based on the number of days this will take. Then double it. Then add 25%.

That isn't a joke.

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Beginners error. Never set concrete release dates you cannot 100% hit. Creates nervous backers.

Estimating the time something takes to do is the most difficult task in game development and the one that requires the most experience. A good rule of thumb is have a real honest think about how long you can realistically spend every day on the game, then half that time.

Set a release date based on the number of days this will take. Then double it. Then add 25%.

That isn't a joke.
This is nothing but truth here...

Cirro84

Resident Evil-doer, part-time Candyman
Dec 24, 2016
Beginners error. Never set concrete release dates you cannot 100% hit. Creates nervous backers. ...
Well, public release for v0.2 should be February the 14th. We will find out, if the dev is coming online. :( The project would have had a lot of content planned:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A great amount of time is needed to implement this all (8 requests with 4 variations alone will take some time). The game is still sort of a demo, with the basic functionality implemented. And I'm affraid it is only getting more interest when players can start visit places and some events happen. I wish the dev the will to keep working on it to finish that project, I think it has immense potential. And it will be something to show off then. :)

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Well, public release for v0.2 should be February the 14th. We will find out, if the dev is coming online. :( The project would have had a lot of content planned:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
A great amount of time is needed to implement this all (8 requests with 4 variations alone will take some time). The game is still sort of a demo, with the basic functionality implemented. And I'm affraid it is only getting more interest when players can start visit places and some events happen. I wish the dev the will to keep working on it to finish that project, I think it has immense potential. And it will be something to show off then. :)

Good to know mate least we have a idea to his dedication.

Thatguy

I exist.
Uploader
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Dev kinda just vanished. They are also the poster of this site. odd thing is they stated that the newest version was scheduled for release on February 5th. I think it's possible their computer crapped out on them and perhaps they don't have a phone or something to update people. If the dev does see this, just say something.

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
Dev kinda just vanished. They are also the poster of this site. odd thing is they stated that the newest version was scheduled for release on February 5th. I think it's possible their computer crapped out on them and perhaps they don't have a phone or something to update people. If the dev does see this, just say something.
Seems like a constant event with Devs of a lot of games, where something happens to the computer and the resources are lost. Forcing a restart, or lots of time lost. You'd think with this being such a common occurrence, and with cheap storage, that backups would be done. It's like the first thing you learn when developing software, backup externally and often.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Starting a 2 week countdown. If until then we don't have any news from the dev then it will go into abandoned.

Reactions: Burt

Infamy

Engaged Member
Sep 25, 2016
Seems like a constant event with Devs of a lot of games, where something happens to the computer and the resources are lost. Forcing a restart, or lots of time lost. You'd think with this being such a common occurrence, and with cheap storage, that backups would be done. It's like the first thing you learn when developing software, backup externally and often.
Lets face it these are games made by people who are pretty much amateurs and know enough to get by and do basic shit.

achtone

Aug 18, 2016
More than likely he just isn't making as much as he thought he would and is just ghosting everyone. Most of the devs who say "oh my 'delete' key on my keyboard is stuck and I lost everything, oops" are just making up shit so they can just quit and save face when really they just aren't as successful as they'd hoped or they're just tired of it.