Ren'Py Abandoned Hypno Family Trainer [v0.1.2] [HF Trainer]

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
Hello friends,

I hope you all are fine in these strange times.
I am sorry for the necro - but recent situations have given me some free time, and I thought I'd stop complaining about the lack of Hypno VNs and be your (our) champion. This dying 2 years ago has been pretty disappointing for me, and all I've really doing is waiting for the next Define/Staffing game to scratch that itch.

So I'll be picking up this abandoned project. I'll have something more concrete by next month (update schedule, Game design document, and roadmap).

Before I get too ahead of myself, I need your help to answer a few questions:
* How many people are still interested in HFT? What's the best way to reach out and revive support
* What's the policy for resurrecting dead projects in F95? Should I just keep posting in this thread?
* I'll be recreating everything from scratch with nothing to go on but v0.1.2 as a reference. What's your preferred style? Left or Right?
sampl.jpg

The right is of course the famous HS Studio, the left is HS NEO. I much prefer NEO, NEO has a lot of QoL improvements. But try as I might, I can't get the 2 to look similar.

GustafPL

Jun 18, 2017
Hello friends,

I hope you all are fine in these strange times.
I am sorry for the necro - but recent situations have given me some free time, and I thought I'd stop complaining about the lack of Hypno VNs and be your (our) champion. This dying 2 years ago has been pretty disappointing for me, and all I've really doing is waiting for the next Define/Staffing game to scratch that itch.

So I'll be picking up this abandoned project. I'll have something more concrete by next month (update schedule, Game design document, and roadmap).

Before I get too ahead of myself, I need your help to answer a few questions:
* How many people are still interested in HFT? What's the best way to reach out and revive support
* What's the policy for resurrecting dead projects in F95? Should I just keep posting in this thread?
* I'll be recreating everything from scratch with nothing to go on but v0.1.2 as a reference. What's your preferred style? Left or Right?
View attachment 806385

The right is of course the famous HS Studio, the left is HS NEO. I much prefer NEO, NEO has a lot of QoL improvements. But try as I might, I can't get the 2 to look similar.
Hey. At least I'm interested. But I guess it's better to create a new page, can't tell you about rules on f95 for dead projects. But I'm really like this type of games, so I'm looking forward for more news from you)

The Grifter

May 28, 2017
Hey. At least I'm interested. But I guess it's better to create a new page, can't tell you about rules on f95 for dead projects. But I'm really like this type of games, so I'm looking forward for more news from you)
Seconded!

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
October update:

Not much happening, just initial setup. It's always the fun part in starting a project.
* gonna use a blog to keep track (I've used it to great effect in the past), I'm not big on Patreon - especially when I haven't even caught up with the orginal
* HS and Git LFS doesn't play nice together, need to use symlinks or something....
* How do you light....
* Please Review the recreated models and make suggestions. I'll think of a better way to crop these.
* I respect the wisdom of the crowd, since out of 1 replies, 1 chose Neo, we will go forward with Neo.

Goals for next month:
* Recreate the rooms
* Start recreating the base game

dmmt

May 8, 2020
I am not an artist and I do not know what the RX refers to in those images, but the ones W/O the RX, seem to me to show better shadowing and more natural appearance.

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
I am not an artist and I do not know what the RX refers to in those images, but the ones W/O the RX, seem to me to show better shadowing and more natural appearance.
RX is just what I'm calling my hard fork: HFT_RX , incase HFT ever gets resurrected.
The Left side is the original assets from HFT, which cannot be used in the RX project so I have to faithfully recreate as much as I can from scratch

I still need to read up on lighting

Reactions: dmmt

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
November Update:

Progress is slow, an old project I was working on that I thought was finished when I forked HFT got new features announced so I had to go back to that.

Current Project HFT_RX progress
* 2 more rooms created this month
* 3 rooms remain

Momentum should pick up once I have the rooms and characters finished.

Since I have adopted this project - I feel a bit responsible for having something for the Holidays, please feel free to pitch some ideas (But do keep it realistic)

Reactions: cupofteat

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
Updated and added new download links.

Cheers

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
December Update:

Sadly no sharable update this month, holidays and craziness of 2020 and all. Most of my work on this dealt with outlining the story and stuff. My first objective is to remove that "Input text so the girls will allow you to hypnotize them". It's too error prone. I'm gonna replace it with a multiple choice. The correct answer won't appear until you overhear/spy on the same event.

Lighting continues to be a pain - but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

My goal is to get the first build out by Jan 9. I should be caught up where the original author left off by then.