Ren'Py Abandoned Hypno Family Trainer [v0.1.2] [HF Trainer]

dmmt

May 8, 2020
No issues JD. 2020 has been a nightmare for many. That you are doing this at all, is much appreciated. And I agree wholeheartedly with the transition to mult choice vs hard textual input.

aCaine

Aug 14, 2018
this is a project i had a lot of hope for in the past. I'd love to see it continued. good luck

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
Hello friends,

I promised a Christmas present but then I forgot to upload it. So here's a belated celebration post.

As I said before; I deep dived forums and the Patreon for any signs and whereabouts of the game. I will keep the design notes to myself for Lvl3 and Lvl4 ideas to keep the surprises. Please look forward to them when we get there.

What I do have to share though are the last 2 Preview images from the author before he ghosted all of us. As far as I'm aware these haven't been leaked outside of the defunked Patreon page. I present to you all, the last images of the original Hypno Family Trainer!

Thank you for your interest and support in this resurrection endeavor

I hope you all have a belated Merry Christmas and New Year.

Reactions: dspeed

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
January Update:

Just going to get to the point. Alpha will be next month instead of this month.
I'd like more time to clean some stuff up first

Sorry for any inconvenience.

As far as progress:
* I've figured out a clean way to export character images
* Figured out how lighting works (finally)
* All rooms have been faithfully recreated in 1080p
* Jennifer Dance Lv1/Lv2, Show Breast Lv1 are done
* Different clothes will be implemented later. The way they were set up it was a hot swap in scenes with virtually 0 effect on dialogue or scenes. They'll be added back once we've had enough progress that it makes sense to have them

nefernefer

Feb 9, 2021
Hi! I recently discovered you are recreating this game. It makes me happy! But, I have to ask: will we see alpha this weekend or next month? No pressure! Just want to know if this thing is on or not. Thank you! :)

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
- the still technically February update -

I've continued working on the game, most of my spare time went somewhere else for a bit. Alpha build will be published for feedback first week of March. Ran into more issues with lighting, I have to nail this pipeline down to a science or risk having to redo the scenes already done so I am paying close attention to them.

Hi! I recently discovered you are recreating this game. It makes me happy! But, I have to ask: will we see alpha this weekend or next month? No pressure! Just want to know if this thing is on or not. Thank you! :)
The short answer is: Yes
The long answer is: Yes, sorry for not being able to reply on February when you asked.
Thank you for your interest in the project

Edit:

For February, I'm going to be attaching the Last comparison sneak peak.
Going forward, previews will be of new scenes or changed ones.
Yes, we're finally caught up! Man that took longer than expected....
The base game just had so much content before it was lost.
+

Last edited:

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
- The still technically weekend update -

I need to stop promising dates - but a promise is a promise, I've compiled what I have so far into an Alpha build for feedback.

To be frank, I am still not happy with how it's turning out and will probably redesign the images. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Current unlockables are:
* Joanna Dance 1
* Jennifer Dance 1
* Jennifer Dance 2

Timeline:
* Add back Joanna Dance 2
* Add back show breast
* Improve inductions even more
* Re-asses and rebalance gameplay

As always thank you for your time and interest in this resurrection project.

PC:

OSX:

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
can you revive these three games, which have been abandoned
RPGM] [Abandoned] Vis Major: Awakening [2018-11-19] [Doki Ninja]
RPGM] [Abandoned] Sarah's life [v0.8 Fix] [Impure]
[RPGM] [Abandoned] EverWhore [v20181013] [Gippowho]
I appreciate the vote of confidence, but I am already the main dev of 1 indie project and this is my personal hobby project. All of that on top of a day job.

Are you seriously asking him to develop four games at a time?

Seriously?
Lol! Thanks for the defense. Appreciate it.

nefernefer

Feb 9, 2021
OK, first of all: this is GOOD for a first release alpha! Here are some things to iron out for the next release. Wish you all the best!

Please add: Stats in the description after watching TV with one of the girls (TV with both works fine), and an option to view all stats in my room, and info how many points do you need to perform an action.

Bugs: When choosing to talk with either girl, 3 dialog options for the first hypno appear instead of normal answer, and it looks like Jo and Jen are mixed. What I mean by that is you have Jo’s picture, but dialog turns to Jen’s and you can increase her stats instead of Jo’s. It’s a problem because I can’t get anything done with Jo. When I turn the game off and on again girls' stats revert to 0 only money and hypno is saved, and now I can do things with Jo, and I can't reproduce the bug, but girls stats still revert to zero after reloading.

Please add: Empty the trash in the kitchen to increase affinity, and maybe we could think of more ideas to speed up affinity build up. How about doing laundry? I don’t know if you want to add another room. But maybe I could bribe you :cool: Look up The Gift Reloaded by Mr.ZZ or Snow Daze by OutbreakGames and tell me you don’t want shower scenes :p

Inconsistency: Girls lock their rooms. You even have an option to make them leave doors open. But you open Jen’s door to take a peak when she is being insecure about her body. Maybe add a line of monologue that this time she forgot to close her door.

Steven_3000

Nov 17, 2018
I'm glad someone is working on it again, but don't you think you should make a new thread and maybe change the name?

That way people will know about the project without the abandoned tag in the title, plus you would be able to edit the OP and even make a Patreon to get a few bucks out of your hobby

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
- The April Update -

Slight change in the roadmap.
After sleeping on it and playing the game myself, man that alpha was a poor showing, and I apologize. The placeholder dialogue missed the mark in it's entirety. So I've focused on fixing the scenes and gameplay first as oppose to adding more. The goal is to be as close to HFT as possible, so more inner monologues, more scene descriptions, and in that vein: move the sprites to the on the bottom right.

Attaching 2 images:

1. The new UI experience, which will feel more like the old experience
Feedback is well appreciated. The original design moved them here because the background would change depending on characters and clothes. If we do this, the permutations will explode - I'm thinking of a better way to have a costume implementation

2. First scene I'd like to add to HFT - hypno induction level 2
Please let me know your thoughts and thank you for your interest.

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
OK, first of all: this is GOOD for a first release alpha! Here are some things to iron out for the next release. Wish you all the best!

Please add: Stats in the description after watching TV with one of the girls (TV with both works fine), and an option to view all stats in my room, and info how many points do you need to perform an action.

Bugs: When choosing to talk with either girl, 3 dialog options for the first hypno appear instead of normal answer, and it looks like Jo and Jen are mixed. What I mean by that is you have Jo’s picture, but dialog turns to Jen’s and you can increase her stats instead of Jo’s. It’s a problem because I can’t get anything done with Jo. When I turn the game off and on again girls' stats revert to 0 only money and hypno is saved, and now I can do things with Jo, and I can't reproduce the bug, but girls stats still revert to zero after reloading.

Please add: Empty the trash in the kitchen to increase affinity, and maybe we could think of more ideas to speed up affinity build up. How about doing laundry? I don’t know if you want to add another room. But maybe I could bribe you :cool: Look up The Gift Reloaded by Mr.ZZ or Snow Daze by OutbreakGames and tell me you don’t want shower scenes :p

Inconsistency: Girls lock their rooms. You even have an option to make them leave doors open. But you open Jen’s door to take a peak when she is being insecure about her body. Maybe add a line of monologue that this time she forgot to close her door.

Thank you so much for testing it out! I really do appreciate it.

Response as follows
Actually, the stats are something I will be refactoring out. I want to add a notebook mechanism that will have the stats and a ballpark estimate (range of numbers) when to get the next level. The original author's notes are very clear one of the goals is the "will they/won't they" feeling of trainer games. I also see why the author ghosted us given the other promises.... so I'm up to discuss

Bugs: When choosing to talk with either girl, 3 dialog options for the first hypno appear instead of normal answer, and it looks like Jo and Jen are mixed.
Thanks for the bug report, fixed it (y)

Please add: Empty the trash in the kitchen to increase affinity, and maybe we could think of more ideas to speed up affinity build up. How about doing laundry? I don’t know if you want to add another room. But maybe I could bribe you :cool: Look up The Gift Reloaded by Mr.ZZ or Snow Daze by OutbreakGames and tell me you don’t want shower scenes
Yes bathroom play is in the pipeline.

I am also a big fan of the games you mentioned. Though I think TGR has drifted away from the whole MC control aspect. Still amazing renders though. Snow Daze I feel is living proof the community is no longer married to the japanese studios for M.C. VNs, game on!

Yes, I'm also not happy with the dialogue currently. Consider these placeholders as I get my footing. For us to hit the mark with the Renpy engine, the data structures and dialogues have to be clean from the start. (at least in my opinion, but maybe I'm just too used to other game engines)

----

I'm glad someone is working on it again, but don't you think you should make a new thread and maybe change the name?

That way people will know about the project without the abandoned tag in the title, plus you would be able to edit the OP and even make a Patreon to get a few bucks out of your hobby
The reason is focus groups - chances are if you found the updates, something about the game made you want to check out a 3 year old dead thread for HFT. Which is the same reason I'm trying to recreate it :)

While we are in the early stages of development, your guys opinions carry heavy impact on the design. Once I feel like we have a direction, then I'll announce the fork in a new thread and I guess try to recover my old hypnopics password - since that's where I found this game originally....

I also haven't gotten any flags for the necro, so I'm assuming it's okay....

In regards to making money:

As far as copyright goes - "Abandoned projects doesn't mean the copyright transfers away from the author" - so unless I get a written permission of transfer of the rights, or a license to develop this game. I absolutely cannot take any money for this hobby.

I grew up in a time when people just published mods and games online for free with no monetary incentive, so it's kay...

Steven_3000

Nov 17, 2018
The reason is focus groups - chances are if you found the updates, something about the game made you want to check out a 3 year old dead thread for HFT. Which is the same reason I'm trying to recreate it :)

While we are in the early stages of development, your guys opinions carry heavy impact on the design. Once I feel like we have a direction, then I'll announce the fork in a new thread and I guess try to recover my old hypnopics password - since that's where I found this game originally....

I also haven't gotten any flags for the necro, so I'm assuming it's okay....

In regards to making money:

As far as copyright goes - "Abandoned projects doesn't mean the copyright transfers away from the author" - so unless I get a written permission of transfer of the rights, or a license to develop this game. I absolutely cannot take any money for this hobby.

I grew up in a time when people just published mods and games online for free with no monetary incentive, so it's kay...
The thing is, it will be easier for people to find it if you leave a post in this thread saying "this project has been revived and I'll keep updating in [link]

As for copyright, unless the original author registered a trade mark of his project, there is no copyright at all, they are assets created with a third party program (HS) so if any only illusion could complain at someone making profit from this.

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
The thing is, it will be easier for people to find it if you leave a post in this thread saying "this project has been revived and I'll keep updating in [link]

As for copyright, unless the original author registered a trade mark of his project, there is no copyright at all, they are assets created with a third party program (HS) so if any only illusion could complain at someone making profit from this.

Thank you for the suggestions.
I do plan to open a new thread once my fork has caught up and fully restored the game, as well as some limited outreach. However, I don't feel we are there yet. For now I'd like to keep it to a focus group if at all possible.

As far as copyright goes. This isn't my first time forking a project. - Copyrights are held so long as you can prove the inception and initial presentation is yours. At least in the west ( ).

Of course there is HS (Fakku and Illusion) forbidding any and all claims to using their studio for renders, But I believe they are not interested in enforcing it currently. https://f95zone.to/threads/fakku-love-hate-still-pending-resolution.35129/

So it is okay to get a Patreon or a donation box going.

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
- May Update -
Time sure flies - but to the point; I'm sorry to inform that I have nothing visible for this month. I mostly focused on cleaning up the code base.
That said, all is not bad news - next month will be the first official release. I've ironed out the bugs and the game is looking a lot like the original HFT. I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again "we've caught up" (maybe save that for next month if I can deliver...)

I am suffering a bit of a dilemma that I am hoping some of you guys can help me with:
As I browse through the original HFT code, I notice it had 3 stats you tackle:
* Shyness
* Affinity
* Resistance

You farm affinity by spending time and doing favors around the house.

You lower resistance and shyness through hypnotic sessions

I'm wondering what's the point of shyness... I have Affinity and Resistance (renamed as Obedience) implemented. However currently, shyness seems like padding out Resistance, since it's the same method to get them up/down. We might as well just make Resistance checks higher.

The original game had costumes, which I don't plan to add til much later and be tracked differently, so I don't think there's a point to it right now.

I'm thinking of just removing it or maybe re-tool it as a stat to keep repeating sexy requests.

Happy to hear thoughts/ideas/opinions.

nefernefer

Feb 9, 2021
Here is my idea:
Have "Obedience" renamed "Submissiveness", and have "Shyness" functionality be replaced by it and "Affinity".

Reasoning:
While "Shyness" in the original made sense it was a bit redundant for such a mechanically simple game. If a girl likes you and/or has a submissive nature, she won't turn your gift down. As for the renaming, "Obedience" seems a bit too powerful as the game deals with more subtle aspects of the fetish.

Unless, you want to create a game that delves deeply into psychological aspects of the fetish. Then "Shyness" is a must, and you will probably want to add even more stats!

What do you think? Do I make any sense? Or am I rumbling as always? Sorry if it sounds like I'm lecturing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jeckdex

jeckdex

Aug 27, 2017
Here is my idea:
Have "Obedience" renamed "Submissiveness", and have "Shyness" functionality be replaced by it and "Affinity".

Reasoning:
While "Shyness" in the original made sense it was a bit redundant for such a mechanically simple game. If a girl likes you and/or has a submissive nature, she won't turn your gift down. As for the renaming, "Obedience" seem a bit too powerful as the game deals with more subtle aspects of the fetish.

Unless, you want to create a game that delves deeply into psychological aspects of the fetish. Then "Shyness" is a must, and you will probably want to add even more stats!

What do you think? Do I make any sense? Or am I rumbling as always? Sorry if it sounds like I'm lecturing.
In hindsight I agree, obedience is too powerful of a term and submissiveness fits better.

I can consider delving deeper into the psychological aspects at a later date. The game's goal is the covert training and slow progression of control, so there's no need to go into that great of a detail yet.

You're not coming off as lecturing at all, I appreciate the time and interest you put in the project.

Reactions: nefernefer
May 15, 2021
hello, I'm demo :) hi I just downloaded your game but I'm stuck the codes are not working pls I need your help don't get me a hint I know what the codes are but there not working please fixes it. And ye one thing why don't you make a youtube channel