Unity HypnoLab VR [v1.4.1] [OutbreakGames]

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes

Linkolek

Oct 19, 2017
When people say "elf" do they mean Branda the cowgirl from Overwhored? or is there one more scene I'm missing?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
still cant use keyboard ingame, i can grab some shit but cant interact
I had the same issue, and finally figured it out. The first post is mislabeled, kinda. The version that says "VR only" actually has keyboard support, and the "Keyboard and mouse version" is an extremely old, broken version of the game. The thing is, to make the keyboard/mouse option work in the "VR only" version, you need to use the shortcut labeled "mouse mode". Since the shortcut is pointed at someone else's computer, you need to change the target folder to the one that currently holds your version of Hypnolab.

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
I had the same issue, and finally figured it out. The first post is mislabeled, kinda. The version that says "VR only" actually has keyboard support, and the "Keyboard and mouse version" is an extremely old, broken version of the game. The thing is, to make the keyboard/mouse option work in the "VR only" version, you need to use the shortcut labeled "mouse mode". Since the shortcut is pointed at someone else's computer, you need to change the target folder to the one that currently holds your version of Hypnolab.
In a simpler manner of speaking:
  • Delete the old "Mouse Mode" shortcut.
  • Right-click the "Hypnolab VR" application in whatever directory it's in, and create a new shortcut to that file.
  • Open the shortcut properties and, where it allows you to type in a target for the shortcut, add "--Mode.KBM" to the end.
If done incorrectly, the game will boot up to a black screen for ten seconds followed by an immovable camera position.
If you managed to do it right, you should be able to start the game and click on blue dots to travel the map. Despite the mode being listed as "KBM", only the mouse operates anything in-game (though Q / E turn your POV 45 degrees either left or right; I can't find any other controls at the moment).

Last edited:

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
That just seems so backwards, wtf? The "VR only" version having the ability to have exclusive mouse controls while the dedicated KBM build being outdated.

Wut?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
That just seems so backwards, wtf? The "VR only" version having the ability to have exclusive mouse controls while the dedicated KBM build being outdated.

Wut?
The "VR Only" one is mislabeled on here. The two control types were separate a while ago, then they updated the game to work with both, and when the update got posted here it was just listed as an update to the "VR Only" one, while the "KBM" one was left as the old version.

Hypnofan

Apr 24, 2021
View attachment 741486

Overview:
Join the Dr. Kady Psyche as a new intern at the Ivory Peaks Corporation in her experimental hypnolab! Test out strange devices, alter minds, and push the boundaries of science!​

Thread Updated: 2021-06-30
Release Date: 2021-06-28
Developer/Publisher: Outbreak Games - -
Censorship: No
Version: 1.3
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Requirements:

Installation:

Changelog:
DOWNLOAD
VR Only: - MEGA - - WORKUPLOAD
Keyboard and Mouse(Alpha): - - MEGA -

Speedy1717 Thanks for the links

View attachment 172146 View attachment 172147 View attachment 172148 View attachment 172149
Hey Unless these are very old files, those images are way way out of date, the game has looked somewhat better than that for a year or so.

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
Hey Unless these are very old files, those images are way way out of date, the game has looked somewhat better than that for a year or so.
Game threads will almost never have their images updated. Not because it's hard work, but more often than not, it's not warranted unless there's a complete and total overhaul; also, developers don't always put out a plethora of new screenshots to accompany their updates, and leakers taking their time to go in-game and take up-to-date screenshots just delays the time between making the game presentable and making it playable to the masses.

The only exception I've seen to this rule are games like "News Desk".

Frydzielson

Sep 1, 2017
Ok so I downloaded version 1.3 and can't get past main menu in VR mode. Can't activate any button. Neither start the game, settings nor even exit the game. It did work before on my Rift S. Other games work

HollyBat

Oct 28, 2021
Took some tinkering but got it to work without a vr headset. Doesn't run great on this crappy computer, but it does run (although, maybe saying it walks would be more accurate). I hope the game gets updated to have her stay in her mind-controlled animations after stripping or doing an action, but I do really like this one. There aren't many mind control games just literally about mind-controlling someone, and especially not when someone clearly wants it.

Reactions: Axis3123

cVcxvsDvsXz

Sep 11, 2021
Took some tinkering but got it to work without a vr headset. Doesn't run great on this crappy computer, but it does run (although, maybe saying it walks would be more accurate). I hope the game gets updated to have her stay in her mind-controlled animations after stripping or doing an action, but I do really like this one. There aren't many mind control games just literally about mind-controlling someone, and especially not when someone clearly wants it.
Could you upload the version you have so everyone here without a VR headset can pay the full game?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Could you upload the version you have so everyone here without a VR headset can pay the full game?
You can do it with the version uploaded here. The one labeled "VR Only" is actually mislabeled, and there's a secondary non-VR launcher included (although you may need to change the part that says where on your computer the game is located).

Neuff

Jul 23, 2017
For anyone that was lost like me in the beginning and was stuck on some things for quite some time.
Here is the full guide someone did on steam:

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
So... are the devs planning to keep working on this game? Maybe patching out the glitches and clipping problems? They've been weirdly silent as to what to do with this game, and there isn't anything else I've seen from their SusbcribeStar about it, other than more Snow Daze stuff and the next Overwhored game still in development (again, not much mentioned there).

If not, what a shame really. Most things like the camera viewpoints and free-range movement would be much easier issues to fix, or at least fix the VR compatibility problem that almost everyone has lol.

Reactions: zugnom
3.30 star(s) 13 Votes