Unity HypnoLab VR [v1.4.1] [OutbreakGames]

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes

HollyBat

Oct 28, 2021
The game received its final content update today on steam. Added a new major and minor quest, a special helmet, and claimed to have fixed the desktop version.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Axis3123
Aug 25, 2021
ok so the version that is currently available on here is outdated? i also wish for the updated version soon, playing the alpha keyboard build sucked, and there doesnt seem much you can do

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
ok so the version that is currently available on here is outdated? i also wish for the updated version soon, playing the alpha keyboard build sucked, and there doesnt seem much you can do
The "alpha keyboard build" should be removed from the first post and the other one should have the "VR only" label removed. You *can* play the other version in non-VR mode in its current version, which is why they stopped releasing updates to the dedicated M&K version. It takes a little finagling with the files that I mentioned earlier in this thread but forget how to do, which should *also* be in the first post. Seriously, is there literally any game on this website where the "installation instructions" say anything other than "download the game and run the file"? Even when the actual requirements are obviously more detailed than that?

biggerlebowski

Sep 9, 2018
The game received its final content update today on steam. Added a new major and minor quest, a special helmet, and claimed to have fixed the desktop version.
I forgot I paid for this until itch.io reminded me there was an update. Can confirm the desktop version works just fine.

If the updated version doesn't show for a long enough while, I wouldn't be averse to sharing my copy here.

Aug 25, 2021
The "alpha keyboard build" should be removed from the first post and the other one should have the "VR only" label removed. You *can* play the other version in non-VR mode in its current version, which is why they stopped releasing updates to the dedicated M&K version. It takes a little finagling with the files that I mentioned earlier in this thread but forget how to do, which should *also* be in the first post. Seriously, is there literally any game on this website where the "installation instructions" say anything other than "download the game and run the file"? Even when the actual requirements are obviously more detailed than that?
ok so redownload the "vr only" mess with the files a little and i can play on keyboard? cause i did the vr only first, but when i opened it, i was just stuck in vr with no opiton to get keyboard. thats why i downloaded the alphaKB, but its seemingly outdated casue there was nothing to suggest a quest and exploration like the descripions say

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
ok so redownload the "vr only" mess with the files a little and i can play on keyboard? cause i did the vr only first, but when i opened it, i was just stuck in vr with no opiton to get keyboard. thats why i downloaded the alphaKB, but its seemingly outdated casue there was nothing to suggest a quest and exploration like the descripions say
Yeah, let me see if I can dig through the old posts to find out how to do it. There should be a shortcut somewhere in the game's folder that says it opens the game in keyboard mode, but it's a broken link (becuase it links to the folder on the computer of the person who made it) and you'd need to fix it to redirect to your own folder. But the other way to do it is... Ah, here we go.

• Right-click the "Hypnolab VR" application in whatever directory it's in, and create a new shortcut to that file.
  • Open the shortcut properties and, where it allows you to type in a target for the shortcut, add "--Mode.KBM" to the end.
If done incorrectly, the game will boot up to a black screen for ten seconds followed by an immovable camera position.
If you managed to do it right, you should be able to start the game and click on blue dots to travel the map. Despite the mode being listed as "KBM", only the mouse operates anything in-game (though Q / E turn your POV 45 degrees either left or right; I can't find any other controls at the moment).

HollyBat

Oct 28, 2021
Needs a character customation
I wouldn't mind that per se, but I'd rather have different ladies as selectable subjects. Imagine an intern who is all shy about it, a different scientist who refuses to believe any of it works (literally every time you wake her up, she makes up a story to explain what must have just happened), a teacher from the local college trying to examine the ethics of the experiments, etc. Sadly, it seems they're done updating the game. Maybe a sequel.

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020
I wouldn't mind that per se, but I'd rather have different ladies as selectable subjects. Imagine an intern who is all shy about it, a different scientist who refuses to believe any of it works (literally every time you wake her up, she makes up a story to explain what must have just happened), a teacher from the local college trying to examine the ethics of the experiments, etc. Sadly, it seems they're done updating the game. Maybe a sequel.
The thing coming closest to that is just a palette swap of Kady as a character from Overwhored, another game made by the studio.

To unlock it, you have to find the 10 hidden cats scattered in the different environments, and doing so allows you to teleport to another location to grab a helmet, which grants the palette swap upon use. Apparently, it's also new in the latest build, though I expected a new hypno gadget like it said in the changelog at itch.io. Oh well.

As for a sequel, I mean, what else is there to add on top of the game? In itself, it is pretty bland in content (and trust me, I'm a fan of mind control/hypnosis stuff). Maybe it could be that I don't have a VR set and I'm not getting the full picture or the full experience, but I doubt that they can top whatever they did in this game. Who knows, maybe an entire overhaul would be interesting for a sequel.

HollyBat

Oct 28, 2021
[...] As for a sequel, I mean, what else is there to add on top of the game? In itself, it is pretty bland in content (and trust me, I'm a fan of mind control/hypnosis stuff). Maybe it could be that I don't have a VR set and I'm not getting the full picture or the full experience, but I doubt that they can top whatever they did in this game. Who knows, maybe an entire overhaul would be interesting for a sequel.
A sequel giving the player more to do would be nice, as the game is really just a hypnotize-a-waifu simulator that uses VR tech, so it runs poorly on older hardware (If I had it my way, VR wouldn't be a focus). You're certainly on point with the game being bland in terms of content, but that's mostly because there's nothing beyond walking. There are no actual puzzles or problem solving, just interacting in a basic manner that the Wii Remote achieved 15 years ago.

So, here's what I think could be done for HypnoLab 2: Going Under.
  • Performance. I've played far better-looking games that run far more smoothly than this does. Also, feel free to cut back on the bloom effects. I have to imagine this is not visually pleasant for those with VR Headsets.
  • Actual Puzzles. Pressing buttons in the matrix or walking around an empty field is not a puzzle. It's busywork. They don't need to be gameplay puzzles, they can literally just be a series of brain teasers where we need to find a password/code for a safe by exploring the environment (for example, a four-digit code and each digit is how much of this one thing was in this room).
  • New Toys. Probably the least important: there are already plenty of toys (hypnotic or otherwise) that can be found. So this is just being creative.
    • Bowler Hat: Funny Reference. Brainwashes whoever wears it, simple as that.
    • Red Necklace: A necklace with the ghost of a horny woman in it. The wearer becomes their host until it's removed.
    • Small Potted Plant: A pink plant. When placed on Kady's head, it blooms into a pink flower, with the pollen hypnotizing her.
    • Medium Potted Plant: A blue plant. It sprouts into a blue-looking starfish, before jumping onto Kady's face. Any resemblance between this and a comic book supervillain is purely happenstance.
    • Large Potted Plant: A green potted plant. It cannot hypnotize, but instead is a large plant that can effectively "eat out" someone hypnotized.
    • Meteorite: A sizable chunk of space rock. When given to Kady, it'll be covered in slime and will use a tentacle to brainwash her.
    • Different Settings For Helmet and Music: Just chances to play different songs or have different screens for different effects, like sleepwalking (sleep obeying?), horny, obedient, etc.
  • Other girls. Probably falls into the "easier said than done" camp, but making it so other subjects can be tested on from within the company would be pretty on point. Just to give some examples:
    • Erika. She's the girl on the vending machine if ya didn't know. Another internet, but one who is way more easily hypnotized than most. Unlocked by finding and using everything on Kady at least once, since she'll only let Erika be tested on when she knows everything is safe. Erika is more curious and clueless as to how gadgets work.
    • Cindy: An investor in Ivory Peaks. She broke into Kady's office to find any secrets that might be hiding in there but is hypnotized by Kady's spiral backscreen. While the player can let her go, she'll always return in another break-in in hopes of finding something only to be met with the same fate until convinced to test the devices firsthand. She'll comment on the marketability of the products.
    • Naomi: Another member of research and development. She wears sunglasses and headphones to avoid getting hypnotized and isn't one to let you sneak up on her. Once successfully hypnotized, she'll agree to further testing. Naomi is skeptical of anything working and often dismisses devices at face value.
  • Explore Ivory Peaks more. Kinda goes with the last one puzzle, but just having a few more rooms in the actual building would be nice instead of random rooms that felt like a first attempt to use every visual feature the engine comes with all at once. Just the ideas that come to mind:
    • Cafeteria: More of a room for some visual gags. Any "unlocked" girls not in the testing room would stay here.
    • Naomi's Office: A less hypnotic-themed room.
    • Break Room: Just a room that can be used for puzzles or to hide stuff
I could go on, but I think the point remains: there's room to add stuff to the experience. Rather or not they will as 3D design doesn't seem to be the studio's strong suit remains to be seen. Honestly though, just making the game run well on less powerful machines might make it worth the 10 bucks for what it is (I've spent more money on less interesting media).

matriks

Engaged Member
Oct 4, 2017
A sequel giving the player more to do would be nice, as the game is really just a hypnotize-a-waifu simulator that uses VR tech, so it runs poorly on older hardware (If I had it my way, VR wouldn't be a focus). You're certainly on point with the game being bland in terms of content, but that's mostly because there's nothing beyond walking. There are no actual puzzles or problem solving, just interacting in a basic manner that the Wii Remote achieved 15 years ago.

• Performance. I've played far better-looking games that run far more smoothly than this does. Also, feel free to cut back on the bloom effects. I have to imagine this is not visually pleasant for those with VR Headsets.
  • Actual Puzzles. Pressing buttons in the matrix or walking around an empty field is not a puzzle. It's busywork. They don't need to be gameplay puzzles, they can literally just be a series of brain teasers where we need to find a password/code for a safe by exploring the environment (for example, a four-digit code and each digit is how much of this one thing was in this room).
  • New Toys. Probably the least important: there are already plenty of toys (hypnotic or otherwise) that can be found. So this is just being creative.
    • Red Necklace: A necklace with the ghost of a horny woman in it. The wearer becomes their host until it's removed.
    • Small Potted Plant: A pink plant. When placed on Kady's head, it blooms into a pink flower, with the pollen hypnotizing her.
    • Medium Potted Plant: A blue plant. It sprouts into a blue-looking starfish, before jumping onto Kady's face. Any resemblance between this and a comic book supervillain is purely happenstance.
    • Large Potted Plant: A green potted plant. It cannot hypnotize, but instead is a large plant that can effectively "eat out" someone hypnotized.
    • Meteorite: A sizable chunk of space rock. When given to Kady, it'll be covered in slime and will use a tentacle to brainwash her.
    • Different Settings For Helmet and Music: Just chances to play different songs or have different screens for different effects, like sleepwalking (sleep obeying?), horny, obedient, etc.
  • Other girls. Probably falls into the "easier said than done" camp, but making it so other subjects can be tested on from within the company would be pretty on point. Just to give some examples:
    • Erika. She's the girl on the vending machine if ya didn't know. Another internet, but one who is way more easily hypnotized than most. Unlocked by finding and using everything on Kady at least once, since she'll only let Erika be tested on when she knows everything is safe. Erika is more curious and clueless as to how gadgets work.
    • Cindy: An investor in Ivory Peaks. She broke into Kady's office to find any secrets that might be hiding in there but is hypnotized by Kady's spiral backscreen. While the player can let her go, she'll always return in another break-in in hopes of finding something only to be met with the same fate until convinced to test the devices firsthand. She'll comment on the marketability of the products.
    • Naomi: Another member of research and development. She wears sunglasses and headphones to avoid getting hypnotized and isn't one to let you sneak up on her. Once successfully hypnotized, she'll agree to further testing. Naomi is skeptical of anything working and often dismisses devices at face value.
  • Explore Ivory Peaks more. Kinda goes with the last one puzzle, but just having a few more rooms in the actual building would be nice instead of random rooms that felt like a first attempt to use every visual feature the engine comes with all at once. Just the ideas that come to mind:
    • Cafeteria: More of a room for some visual gags. Any "unlocked" girls not in the testing room would stay here.
I could go on, but I think the point remains: there's room to add stuff to the experience. Rather or not they will as 3D design doesn't seem to be the studio's strong suit remains to be seen. Honestly though, just making the game run well on less powerful machines might make it worth the 10 bucks for what it is (I've spent more money on less interesting media).
Can you share it with us please?

Axis3123

Apr 1, 2020

Damn, now you got me riled up for all the additional stuff that they could have done in this game. These are all fantastic, so all I have left is my imagination until the studio churns out in the far future a sequel for the game XD

wolvesaber

Jun 20, 2020
ok. game looks good. hitting the gear wheel brings up hints but the only problem i see with it is there in small boxes.. an some of the hints over lap the box in a way you can't read the rest of the hint its talkin about.
heres one
Mental Reprogramming: im no scientist, i can't make heads or tails of this place, maybe that guy in the painting could.. he
he?? he what?? it gets cut off for some reason can't read the rest of the message
Mysterious Machinery: this place seems to go on forever, it'd be so easy to just curl up here.. but i feel like theres.....? missing text

3.30 star(s) 13 Votes