Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
at least one piece gets consistent updates unlike this itll just take a while for it to finish
fair point but i'll be honest i wanna share a very recent anecdote:

Recently i've been craving this game, and i caught up with the other VNs i like, so i had the free time to do it and i went for it and i started playing until this afternoon(italian timezone fyi) and i was like "Why am i playing this?" because i know the plot, i know that i must stop a bit before the broken watch ending because i don't like nor i really care and in the end i understood that while the game is still above the average, is just...incomplete. I mean, DUH of course it is, but in a way that the normal story is too short and then...we have endings already, like maybe the Broken Watch Ending and the Cruise Ending should have happened much later, like the dev should have focused a bit more on either the main story of a few extra side-events before the great crossroad of endings. And so, i dropped the game because what's the point to play it now...i mean it's decent but the wait is exhausting and while i can understand that the dev may have been busy with irl-stuff, is also 2 years working on a single ending...why? He got money from it? Someone is blackmailing him? Nobody in this community wanted that ending, and we still got it...maybe he wants to drop the worst endings first, so that we'll be blasted with joy when we'll get the good ones...but still it's an insane effort to focus so much on these MEH-ish endings, like i would question the dev's sanity at this point...

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
is also 2 years working on a single ending...why? He got money from it? Someone is blackmailing him? Nobody in this community wanted that ending, and we still got it...maybe he wants to drop the worst endings first, so that we'll be blasted with joy when we'll get the good ones...but still it's an insane effort to focus so much on these MEH-ish endings, like i would question the dev's sanity at this point...
Not sure about the cruise ending, but I belive the Broken Watch ending was voted on by his patrons as the place they wanted him to focus. And if the people handing you fistfulls of money want you to focus on that, and you need those fistfulls of money to pay the bills, you're probably going to focus on that.

And I'm not going to lie -- I liked the ending at first, and I'm not turned off by the breasts growing out of control. It just dragged on and on and was so limiting compared to what the main game offered.

It doesn't help that my favorite girls are all side girls, and the Broken Watch ending either cuts them off (like Rachel, who's literally begging for a chance to sleep with him at this point), or cut out of the game entirely (Grace's friend from the pool party). So lots of characters have been flat-out ignored for two years, which is pretty lame.

Reactions: The the Guy

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Not sure about the cruise ending, but I belive the Broken Watch ending was voted on by his patrons as the place they wanted him to focus. And if the people handing you fistfulls of money want you to focus on that, and you need those fistfulls of money to pay the bills, you're probably going to focus on that.

And I'm not going to lie -- I liked the ending at first, and I'm not turned off by the breasts growing out of control. It just dragged on and on and was so limiting compared to what the main game offered.

It doesn't help that my favorite girls are all side girls, and the Broken Watch ending either cuts them off (like Rachel, who's literally begging for a chance to sleep with him at this point), or cut out of the game entirely (Grace's friend from the pool party). So lots of characters have been flat-out ignored for two years, which is pretty lame.
Has it at least a good satisfying end after 2 years ?
Because the last large ending, the cruise or however it was called, was rather bad iirc.

Reactions: Demoness_Kiss

barglenarglezous

Engaged Member
Sep 5, 2020
Has it at least a good satisfying end after 2 years ?
Because the last large ending, the cruise or however it was called, was rather bad iirc.
It's far longer than it needs to be for an optional ending.

It was released in three chunks. At the end of the first chunk, it felt like it had reached a logical conclusion, and he said there would be some epilogue stills showing what the girls looked like down the line. If he'd delivered that, it would have been a good ending. IIRC, there were some complaints that the ending didn't deliver on its potential, because after the first chunk was over, none of the girls had gone off-the-rails huge, but I'd assumed those would be what the epilogue stills would show. 8 months later, instead of epilogue stills, we got a second chunk, now with branching pathways. I played through that, and that's the last time I updated. So I don't know what this last chunk looks like. Much like the cruise ending, he can't just wrap things up, he's got to go on and on and on.

The "Nope, I'm out" ending of Endowed has the same problem, but to a lesser extent. He doesn't seem to understand how to write a clean ending.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
It's far longer than it needs to be for an optional ending.

It was released in three chunks. At the end of the first chunk, it felt like it had reached a logical conclusion, and he said there would be some epilogue stills showing what the girls looked like down the line. If he'd delivered that, it would have been a good ending. IIRC, there were some complaints that the ending didn't deliver on its potential, because after the first chunk was over, none of the girls had gone off-the-rails huge, but I'd assumed those would be what the epilogue stills would show. 8 months later, instead of epilogue stills, we got a second chunk, now with branching pathways. I played through that, and that's the last time I updated. So I don't know what this last chunk looks like. Much like the cruise ending, he can't just wrap things up, he's got to go on and on and on.

The "Nope, I'm out" ending of Endowed has the same problem, but to a lesser extent. He doesn't seem to understand how to write a clean ending.
basically it's what i did last time...

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
Wow. Sounds like there are huge problems later on. That broken watching ending sounds like a real buzzkill. But I never reached an ending so I don't know yet.

So there's a chance that I do give this game another shot. I just have to ask: how to I avoid Jenn making out with a dude before I show up at her party? Even a dialogue mod would do since it's just mentioned in passing. If there's any choices I made that might have caused this, I'd like to remedy that. I was using the walkthrough, and although I don't NORMALLY go the dick route (or, what the walkthrough called the badass route,) the walkthrough said it was more fun so I took it at it's word--except in places where I just really didn't want to go with the red choice. I held off on screwing Leah to avoid problems with the girls (although I wasn't happy with how long it took to get to her, or how it happened when it did.) I think I also decided to be Grace's boyfriend rather than fuckbuddy.

I'm not going to sit here and argue the definition of "NTR" since that's a very specific thing, but I have the same FEELING from Jenn making out with Alex at the party. I don't like it. I know I'm being a hypocrite because the MC in my playthrough is banging everybody he can get his hands on without a second thought--but that's just how I indulge my fantasy in a fictional VN. I'm king, everyone is in love with my cockledoodledoo, I'm banging everyone left and right, and no one is doing anything with any other guys except for me. Too bad, Cody. So yeah, I can't overlook it. I'm definitely not even remotely as forgiving as the MC is in that situation.

Any advice? Am I doing something wrong?

Reactions: sergesan

Fatue

Jan 26, 2018
Short answer: You haven't done anything wrong.

As far as I can tell, the kiss will happen regardless of choice. And in my opinion, you never see it, those characters are a one time thing and its never mentioned again, so you can pretend it never happened. Personally I find Ashley wanting to hook up with your girls more akin to cheating than the kiss.

Reactions: hentai charley

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
Short answer: You haven't done anything wrong.

As far as I can tell, the kiss will happen regardless of choice. And in my opinion, you never see it, those characters are a one time thing and its never mentioned again, so you can pretend it never happened. Personally I find Ashley wanting to hook up with your girls more akin to cheating than the kiss.
Thanks for response, and to each their own I guess. I don't care if LIs hook up with each other. In fact I'd rather they did. I didn't know that Ashley wants to hook up with anyone other than Leah. I'd just think it's hot. I don't feel like I'm in competition with people with a completely different set of equipment that I'm also banging.

But when it's another guy that's involved, pretty much everything is a step too far, and it doesn't matter if it happens off screen and I never see it. If there ever comes out a dialogue mod, or I somehow figure out how to make a dialogue mod (not likely. I don't have the slightest idea how to do something like that,) to just change that little tidbit of text to something completely different, I'd be more than happy to revisit the game.

Reactions: hentai charley

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Thanks for response, and to each their own I guess. I don't care if LIs hook up with each other. In fact I'd rather they did. I didn't know that Ashley wants to hook up with anyone other than Leah. I'd just think it's hot. I don't feel like I'm in competition with people with a completely different set of equipment that I'm also banging.

But when it's another guy that's involved, pretty much everything is a step too far, and it doesn't matter if it happens off screen and I never see it. If there ever comes out a dialogue mod, or I somehow figure out how to make a dialogue mod (not likely. I don't have the slightest idea how to do something like that,) to just change that little tidbit of text to something completely different, I'd be more than happy to revisit the game.
Man, you are way too butthurt.

In theory, every game you play where a LI is not a virgin anymore, she had another man before you - offscreen.

It really does not matter if Jenn makes out with another guy, especially if it is at the begin of the story. No guy will come near any of the girls after they fall for you.

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
Man, you are way too butthurt.

In theory, every game you play where a LI is not a virgin anymore, she had another man before you - offscreen.

It really does not matter if Jenn makes out with another guy, especially if it is at the begin of the story. No guy will come near any of the girls after they fall for you.
It's actually none of your business what I like or dislike in a VN, I don't see how it's any skin off your back, and I don't see any reason for your first sentence. You must be a really pleasant person to hang around.

Also by "In theory, every game you play where a LI is not a virgin anymore, she had another man before you - offscreen," you're assuming I give a flying fuck what they did before they got into a relationship with me or before they even met me. I don't care. With Jenn, to me she was already mine the moment she decided to pursue me, especially after I already started a sexual relationship with her. It's not even about cheating, it's the fact that she already had me and she kissed someone else. That matters a lot to me. I'm happy for you that it doesn't matter to you, but maybe don't be a dick about other people's preferences, k? Great.

Last edited:

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
It's actually none of your business what I like or dislike in a VN, I don't see how it's any skin off your back, and I don't see any reason for your first sentence. You must be a really pleasant person to hang around.

Also by "In theory, every game you play where a LI is not a virgin anymore, she had another man before you - offscreen," you're assuming I give a flying fuck what they did before they got into a relationship with me or before they even met me. I don't care. With Jenn, to me she was already mine the moment she decided to pursue me, especially after I already started a sexual relationship with her. It's not even about cheating, it's the fact that she already had me and she kissed someone else. That matters a lot to me. I'm happy for you that it doesn't matter to you, but maybe don't be a dick about other people's preferences, k? Great.
Man, you are totally not butthurt. Not in the slightest!

And while it is not my business how you feel about something this stupid (you know, the girls are also not getting fucked by you, they get fucked by an MC in a videogame. Your cock would not come close to them. :) ) and nor do I care, I have to say:

This is a Forum. So once you post your opinion, others are free to comment on that and they can also express that they disagree with you. Which I did.

If you dont want that, speak only to yourself, I guess you will get plenty of approval then. Or just block me.

Pidgeons

Jul 5, 2019
Man, you are totally not butthurt. Not in the slightest!

And while it is not my business how you feel about something this stupid (you know, the girls are also not getting fucked by you, they get fucked by an MC in a videogame. Your cock would not come close to them. :) ) and nor do I care, I have to say:

This is a Forum. So once you post your opinion, others are free to comment on that and they can also express that they disagree with you. Which I did.

If you dont want that, speak only to yourself, I guess you will get plenty of approval then. Or just block me.
I wasn't "butthurt" before you started talking to me. You are pissing me off and there's no reason for it. I also don't want or need anyone's approval. I need you to get off my back about my personal preferences. I didn't come here to debate them.

"you know, the girls are also not getting fucked by you, they get fucked by an MC in a videogame."

It's an immersion thing. You know what I meant, you're just being intentionally obtuse.

"This is a Forum. So once you post your opinion, others are free to comment on that and they can also express that they disagree with you. Which I did."

It's a site that VN developers use as free advertising for their Patreon pages. If I wanted to risk my blood-pressure on a debate I'd go to a political forum or Facebook. I come here to get away from that. And you can't really "debate" personal preferences. You have yours and another person has theirs. Just because a website is a forum doesn't mean it's there specifically for debate and it definitely doesn't mean you should be arguing with people about their subjective personal preferences.

To clarify, I have responded to other people voicing their preferences and fetishes by saying I wasn't into that, myself, or that I was into the exact opposite. You know what I didn't do? Insult them for their preference or try to lay out why they're wrong for being into what they're into. Because it's not a fucking debate. Though, I do think people--everyone, really--should voice what they're personally into and what they subjectively liked or disliked about a VN because I think VN authors really need that kind of feedback and just a few people doing it doesn't cut it because that doesn't accurately represent their audience as a whole. So yes I did comment on something I disliked. I mostly came here for help. I got that. And then I got you who wants to tell people they're stupid for liking cream cheese on a bagel or some shit.

Also, for someone who wants to "debate," you're completely glossing over the fact that you mistook my problem for love-interests in a VN not being virgins or doing things before they met the MC--and while I too feel put off by a preference like that, just as I'm put off by feet worship, it's really, really none of my business what another person is into and I certainly don't think I have any business getting on the person's case or insulting them over it. By the way, behaving that way wouldn't be debating, it's just being an ass. However, my problem was that Jenn kissed another guy while she was pursuing the MC. I do believe she was actually already officially his pet. It's an absolute deal-breaker for me. I'm happy for you that it's not a deal-breaker for you, but you don't get to insult me because I have a different personal preference than you.

And I have no idea how to block you. I'd prefer not to have to. I'm hoping you'll just get off my back about me not liking it when the LIs kiss other dudes when they've already started a sexual relationship with the MC.

sergesan

Aug 3, 2018
Considering he spent two years on Broken Watch, and the Cruise ending went on for far too long as well, we're looking at 8-20 months per ending added.

I will die of old age before he gets back to the main story, I guess.
maybe he cherishes the money income more than the ending for the vn....arent a lot folks payin per month till it ends....so why end aslong there comes cash....you have to pay things...rent...car...new pc....rent...car...food...girls....rent...life´s expensive:unsure::LOL:

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes