Gibberish666

Mar 17, 2019
Orannis Sorry, I don't have screenshots. It was in the dev's discord several weeks ago & there's a lot of activity in that thread so it'd be a bear to pull them out.

Gibberish Think whatever you like. But per my conversation, the dev had expressed the story getting away from him & having written himself into a corner, so no, he didn't have an exit planned for MC from the Laura storyline. Several patrons during the conversation provided both a sounding board for ideas as well as their own ideas/pitches for how things could proceed. So he has developed plans now, but that wasn't always the case.

I stand by my position that the Dev Note should be changed because there are currently genre elements/themes that are not accurately represented & that will only serve to continue pissing some users off when they get to the "twist".
Ya'll should be more mad the Dev was writing a story with no sense of direction than anything else.

Orannis

Nov 8, 2019
That says an ending where he avoids getting hypnotised. That sounds like the main continuation will still have it. It's at best ambiguous, and certainly isn't enough to convince me to become a patron again.
I myself don't mind the MC being hypnotized by the girls he likes as long as he gets to ask for things like some of the girls do. I just mind it being done in the way it is right now.

Reactions: Simulacrum29

Signomancer

Oct 26, 2017
That says an ending where he avoids getting hypnotised. That sounds like the main continuation will still have it. It's at best ambiguous, and certainly isn't enough to convince me to become a patron again.
He was talking about the end of the chapter, not a proper ending. Chapter 10 didn't include four proper endings, but there were four ways for the chapter to end. I wish he wouldn't use the same words for endings and chapter breaks, but in this context the new "ending" is clearly a new chapter break.

That said, I don't disagree with your decision to withhold your support until you see how this plays out.

Rule97

May 2, 2018
I thought the same way, but as the last chapter developed, it became painfully clear that Laura covered all the bases FAR better than the MC ever dreamed of doing. The way it's written, Larua is unbeatable. There is literally no hope the MC will get out of his situation...no doubt, he's programmed to help give Laura the watch back if it ever winds up back in his hands.
I was holding out hope that MC would overcome the Laura crapfest, but the way it's written, there is no believable way that can happen. That is the reason for the uproar IMHO.
The way i see it this could be easely be solved if the dev added at some prior point to Laura stealing the watch but after Leah and Ashley hypnosis on him (i gotta say that was a really good red flag... But to good for the characters not to realize it) a scene where somebody of the MC trust (Cory, Ashley, Leah or Jenn in my opinion) hypnotizes him at his request to be inmune to the watch hypnosis, or make the mc make a video and rewatching it to immunize himself (which i find kinda dumb but anyways).

Besides that the only way i see the MC breaking Laura's control on him is by conveniently (aka plot armor) being hit really hard on the head.

My only real problem with making Laura being the villain is (besides that aura of invencivility) is that it was too obvious that if somebody would end up being the bad guy (and probably the one raping the MC, my money is on Jenn or Leah's mom, just for the lulz) it would be her, Leah for example would have been in my opinion a better choice... But that was cheaply debunked with her asking the MC to not have jealousy.

I actually don't mind any of the girls having the chance to be the villain, just don't start with somebody as obvious as Laura.

What i think was really pointless to the plot was that background of those false rumors on the MC, specially that at the time of the reveal we had enough reasons to distrust Laura.

Last edited:

kingbloo123

Jul 29, 2017
i know this walkthrough give you the important choices, but i was wondering if there a detail one for all choice?

Funky-Munky

Aug 21, 2018
Stoip with "the game is not finished" crap.

This is the THIRD consecutive update (Episode 9.5, Epidose 10, and Cruise expansion) that goes in the THE SAME DIRECTION and focused on one single girls dominating you, even when the game has no female domination tag.

And again, THERE ISNT A SINGLE PATH to avoid Laura dominating you, there is no alternative, there is no choice, its shoved in our throats no matter what we decide.

So yeah, there are plenty of reasons to be upset.

Its not a problem of the people complaining, its logical that people complains, the Dev has been absent from the forum since April, the last public Patreon post where he speaks about Episode 11 says nothing about this issue, and the issue has been made worse with each update for 3 updates already.
Episodes 9.5 and 10.5 were bugfixes, filling in additional renders, and adding each of the Laura early ends. Chapter 10 has the cliffhanger where you're under control of Laura. That leaves the next chapter, due in the next week or two, which resolves the cliffhanger by escaping Laura's clutches and continuing the main story, and another alternate where you can avoid being hypnotised by her altogether. So 4 paths, 2 of which are early ends with Laura, and the others due next chapter. The dev has indicated there isn't going to be any continuation of Laura dominating the MC after this. This is literally one plot twist that you're resigning this game to be "ruined". Seriously? How can you not see that the story still is continuing?

Sure, it caused controversy, but claiming the game as ruined because of it is patently ridiculous. You want to call what i said "white-knighting" you go ahead. This isn't defending the dev, this is just calling your proclamation for what it is, ridiculously stupid.

The dev is keeping patrons updated all the time, why don't you throw down a couple of bucks and check out the posts? Here's some info as at 30/6:

1594454781838.png

So yes, the events of chapter 10 will be concluded and resolved.

If you're that desperate to get your opinion on it heard, go to the dev themselves. They've been more than happy to discuss the game at length on patreon and discord. But how about waiting for the next chapter before you tip the table over?

Jstforme

Dec 20, 2019
Episodes 9.5 and 10.5 were bugfixes, filling in additional renders, and adding each of the Laura early ends. Chapter 10 has the cliffhanger where you're under control of Laura. That leaves the next chapter, due in the next week or two, which resolves the cliffhanger by escaping Laura's clutches and continuing the main story, and another alternate where you can avoid being hypnotised by her altogether. So 4 paths, 2 of which are early ends with Laura, and the others due next chapter. The dev has indicated there isn't going to be any continuation of Laura dominating the MC after this. This is literally one plot twist that you're resigning this game to be "ruined". Seriously? How can you not see that the story still is continuing?

Sure, it caused controversy, but claiming the game as ruined because of it is patently ridiculous. You want to call what i said "white-knighting" you go ahead. This isn't defending the dev, this is just calling your proclamation for what it is, ridiculously stupid.
If you're that desperate to get your opinion on it heard, go to the dev themselves. They've been more than happy to discuss the game at length on patreon and discord. But how about waiting for the next chapter before you tip the table over?
Ok, try to look at it from an outsiders perspective. I myself was thinking of giving some money as I was enjoying the game...then the last few releases involves one of the least interesting characters taking control, and writing it in a way that she does everything about anyone with that kind of power would have done in the first place. Don't take the criticism so personal, it's the point of these forums to get input on what the general public think of your game.
People not already patreons thinking of giving money, get a OP Laura shoved down their throats...you cant in your right mind say that wouldn't make people second guess giving money (especially to future projects down the road) to a story that goes that much of a shit direction. Laura is written in a way that she's literally unbeatable...IMO, the Dev had every intention of ending the game that way, the only reason it's different is because of the backlash.
If the Dev only communicates with Patreons, then they are missing out on the chance of earning more subscribers...it's a business, he should act accordingly. At least have some communication with people other than subscribers to bring in more income, and explain why he went with a shit ending first, rather than last.
I wont comment on this anymore till next release, it's just disappointing that the game took such a sour turn is all.

Last edited:

Funky-Munky

Aug 21, 2018
Ok, try to look at it from an outsiders perspective. I myself was thinking of giving some money as I was enjoying the game...then the last few releases involves one of the least interesting characters taking control, and writing it in a way that she does everything about anyone with that kind of power would have done in the first place. Don't take the criticism so personal, it's the point of these forums to get input on what the general public think of your game.
People not already patreons thinking of giving money, get a OP Laura shoved down their throats...you cant in your right mind say that wouldn't make people second guess giving money (especially to future projects down the road) to a story that goes that much of a shit direction. Laura is written in a way that she's literally unbeatable...IMO, the Dev had every intention of ending the game that way, the only reason it's different is because of the backlash.
If the Dev only communicates with Patreons, then they are missing out on the chance of earning more subscribers...it's a business, he should act accordingly. At least have some communication with people other than subscribers to bring in more income, and explain why he went with a shit ending first, rather than last.
I wont comment on this anymore till next release, it's just disappointing that the game took such a sour turn is all.

I don't take the criticism of the game personally; I simply object to wildly inaccurate assertions of the state of the game in it's current form by some of the posters here - it's been border-line hysterical at times. There's clearly a path forward, and the dev has previously stated (albeit on discord, so only likely visible to patrons) that he expressed surprise that people would even consider forgoing the harem route in favour of pursuing one or two girls. As far as development goes, the harem / get with all the girls path should be considered the devs anticipated default route. Laura is therefore certainly not unbeatable, and I think there will definitely be a more satisfying conclusion to this part of the plot in the next update. I certainly hope that you will find it so, and will continue to want to play and participate in discussing this game.

I appreciate your points on public discourse. I agree that perhaps a few updates / replies here or in public patreon posts could have remedied some of the concerns expressed by you and others. I also think that as a developer, their main priority, aside from creating the product they'd like to put forward, would and should be to those actively paying them for that content - as you said, it's a business, and their main concern should be to their paying customers first. Needless to say, they have taken note of both public and customers feedback, so there's bound to be some interesting developments coming up.

The dev has created a MC that seems childishly naive at times, so this may be a point of personal growth for the character. It's certainly shaped their thoughts on how to use their power (the darker hypnotise both Laura and Grace option at the pool party). Growth only comes from suffering, so this might be the event that gets the MC to grow up a little, or at least start taking their power with a little more seriousness. So I guess we'll see soon enough what will occur.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017

The dev is keeping patrons updated all the time, why don't you throw down a couple of bucks and check out the posts? Here's some info as at 30/6:

View attachment 726133

So yes, the events of chapter 10 will be concluded and resolved.

First, i never said the game was ruined. I said Chapter 10 was stupid, and a 180° from the rest of the game, which was bad for the game.

Of course the game can be salvaged, you will have a stupid Chapter that doesnt make any sense and have very stupid things like video-hypnosis but if from Chapter 11 and onwards the Dev goes back to making sense i always said i liked the game in the first 9 episode. Everyone makes mistakes, but when a Dev makes a mistake, and keeps pushing it for 3 updates, its a bad sign.

About throwing bucks at this Dev, i have many Devs which i like more than this one. Devs that doesnt make stupid Chapters, so no, i wont throw my limited money at a Dev that made a really big mistake, and then makes 2 updates that make the mistake even bigger.

Finally, the post you put there is public, so i dont need to be a Patreon to see it, but it says nothing except that Chapter 10 will be resolved (duh, of course eventually was going to be resolved, we always knew Chapter 10 wasnt the last one).

There is not a single public post where the Dev admits the mistake or talks about fixing it. And now one has provided any post/conversation about it either.

And yes, someone that defend other people's mistakes even when that other people supposedly admits they were mistakes, is a White Knight.

I wont go to Patreon or Discord, i post here, and i make myself being heard here, if the Dev reads it or not i dont care.

Funky-Munky

Aug 21, 2018
First, i never said the game was ruined. I said Chapter 10 was stupid, and a 180° from the rest of the game, which was bad for the game.

Of course the game can be salvaged, you will have a stupid Chapter that doesnt make any sense and have very stupid things like video-hypnosis but if from Chapter 11 and onwards the Dev goes back to making sense i always said i liked the game in the first 9 episode. Everyone makes mistakes, but when a Dev makes a mistake, and keeps pushing it for 3 updates, its a bad sign.

About throwing bucks at this Dev, i have many Devs which i like more than this one. Devs that doesnt make stupid Chapters, so no, i wont throw my limited money at a Dev that made a really big mistake, and then makes 2 updates that make the mistake even bigger.

Finally, the post you put there is public, so i dont need to be a Patreon to see it, but it says nothing except that Chapter 10 will be resolved (duh, of course eventually was going to be resolved, we always knew Chapter 10 wasnt the last one).

There is not a single public post where the Dev admits the mistake or talks about fixing it. And now one has provided any post/conversation about it either.

And yes, someone that defend other people's mistakes even when that other people supposedly admits they were mistakes, is a White Knight.

I wont go to Patreon or Discord, i post here, and i make myself being heard here, if the Dev reads it or not i dont care.

You quite literally said the game is screwed up. Are you saying that, with all your vitriolic responses about the "stupid plot devices" and "pushing mistakes for 3 updates", that you don't consider the game ruined?:

Its amazing how the Dev being biased on one character can screw up a game so much.
YOU assumed that what the dev has done is a mistake. It was a plot twist and a cliffhanger. They use it in tv series, books and games all the time. So no, you won't find a post, public or otherwise where they claim to have made a mistake. They admit to painting themselves in a corner during a conversation, and had to spend time working on resolutions for the plot. They have also said that it will be resolved next update, and there will be a greater focus on the other girls. You know, and admit, there will be more story and that you already knew it would be resolved, so why all the damn wailing and gnashing? Don't go holding your breath for a public apology, especially when you're not even contributing financially.

You make ridiculous claims about bias, claims their story decisions are mistakes that have screwed up the game, yet won't go on patreon, discord, or even contact them directly here to have a discussion for clarity or to express concerns. This is why it's not White Knighting FFS. It's not about the creator, it's that your position is just plain stupid.

You seem to be doing a lot of posts for someone who claims:
if the Dev reads it or not i dont care
Think whatever you like, I'm done with pointless bickering - as Jstforme has done, I'll not bother commenting till after next release - so feel free to say whatever you want. I'll follow the advice of my grandpa: "Never argue with an idiot. They just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience".

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You quite literally said the game is screwed up. Are you saying that, with all your vitriolic responses about the "stupid plot devices" and "pushing mistakes for 3 updates", that you don't consider the game ruined?:
I specifically, several times, said the last 3 updates (9.5, 10 and cruise) were screwed up (i actually dont think i used screwed up, i used stupid), but the previous 9 chapters were great. Again, several times i said that.

YOU assumed that what the dev has done is a mistake. It was a plot twist and a cliffhanger.
No, not only me, many people have repeatedly called keepo pushing with Laura a mistake. It was an awfull twitr plot and cliffhanger, a 180° change that feels out of character considering the rest of the game. Chapter 10 is like a Chapter taken from another game and put on this. It makes no sense at all, and its full with nonse like the video hypnosis

They use it in tv series, books and games all the time.
Yeah, but often in those places they use it correctly.

They admit to painting themselves in a corner during a conversation, and had to spend time working on resolutions for the plot.
Yeah, when your "plot twist" puts yourself in a corner and forces you to change your initial plot, its called a mistake.

The reason why the Dev was put himself in a corner is because it was a 180° change, and once you do that, your get cornered into it.

They have also said that it will be resolved next update, and there will be a greater focus on the other girls. You know, and admit, there will be more story and that you already knew it would be resolved, so why all the damn wailing and gnashing?
Why the rambling? Are you serious? We had 3 fucking updates of stupid plot trashing the rest of the game and all we have from the Dev is "the chapter will be resolved" (and only that, which was obvious that the chapter was going to be resolved) and you still dont understand why?

Then you need to think about it a little more, because its pretty much expected that your players would give you a big backlash if you give them crap for 3 updates and all you say as a comment is that.

lance43230

Feb 2, 2020
Everyone's facepalming this guy, but he's not entirely wrong, at least for the first couple of chapters. Ask anyone in a hypnofetish community, and they'll tell you that the hypnosis in the first few chapters is basically the equivalent to doing this:

In a game called "Sex", one might find that doesn't really deliver on the premise. They do a bit more with it in later chapters, but for the most part, the hypnosis is generally just a plot device that doesn't get a lot of time dedicated to it when it actually happens. It's a lot different than something like, for example, EveBloom.

Ironically, the fact that the game is called "Hypnosis" kind of gives that away. You wouldn't expect someone making a shooter game to call it "Shooter", and if I ever saw a game on here called "Role-Playing Game", I'd assume it isn't actually an RPG. There's actually not a single story on mcstories.com titled "Hypnosis" or "Mind Control". Contrary to what one might think, the title almost always refers to something that's slightly "off-center" from the actual focus of the story.

Still, I think even the dev recognizes that they rushed through it too fast in the earlier chapters, and they keep mentioning in the walkthrough that they plan to do more with it in later updates.

3.90 star(s) 66 Votes