Ren'Py I Won't Back Down [v0.1.1] [HoneyBeeStudio]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ohwonders

Apr 7, 2022
Decent game, seems promising. I made some notes, but there's no real point in sharing feedback since it's just a demo. Definitely a game worth keeping an eye out for (y)

Edit: will the first version be released any time soon or is it still far away?

Reactions: HoneyBeeSt

HoneyBeeSt

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2021
No dudes at all in this release.

I don't speak for the dev, but my gut instinct tells me there won't be any sex content with males in the game. I could be wrong tho, it's just the vibe I got from the demo
In fact, nothing like that is planned.
Maybe I'll do something like that later on, but it would be something aimed at tomgirl or crossdressing...

HoneyBeeSt

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2021
Decent game, seems promising. I made some notes, but there's no real point in sharing feedback since it's just a demo. Definitely a game worth keeping an eye out for (y)

unfortunately not as soon as I wanted.... well, it depends on what I would consider early, I plan to try to release new versions between 3 to 4 months due to my computer's processing capacity... Images take a while to render

Ken Moreno

May 16, 2017
Great game excited that the game is focusing more on females and futanaris because between failed to launch and star periphery I got my fill of futadom games for a while.

I like the MC she looks like a total badass!

HoneyBeeSt

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2021
Basically it's the same story as every other incest game on the site but with a futa this time.
Ah yes, the story is going to be pretty cliche. As I'm learning to use all the programs from scratch, I decided not to invent too much in the story for now, so I ended up getting a base story type that works in 95% of similar genre games.
I know it ends up getting a little cloying, but it makes it a little easier for me.

HoneyBeeSt

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2021
looks decent for a demo, the models are great, the renders are alright, only gripe I have is that the flow of the dialogues feels clunky but i'll brush it off, this release is a draft after all.

looking forward to more content
if you have more feedback on the dialogs let me know. I don't say that sarcastically.

I know they're not the best and I'll have to improve them for the next version.

If you have something you want to mention, you can send me a DM or in the discord group.

I will be grateful :D

HoneyBeeSt

Game Developer
Aug 22, 2021

if you have more feedback on the dialogs let me know. I don't say that sarcastically.

I know they're not the best and I'll have to improve them for the next version.

If you have something you want to mention, you can send me a DM or in the discord group.

I will be grateful :D

UaineMazoku

Mar 11, 2021
Not bad for a first release. Renders and animation are fairly nice.
Sure the plot setup is rather cliche, but if it can deliver enjoyable content who cares.

The relationship customization could use a little polishing. At least setting Mel and Catherine's relation to each-other and Mary independent of the MC.

My only real complaints stem from the choice of engine and all of the quality of life features it is missing as a result. Unless you're planning some very special gameplay, or having fun with developing the engine is your main goal for the project, you really are leaving a lot on the table by not taking advantage of everything Ren'Py would give for free.

Reactions: Bingoogus

wantpizza

Jun 12, 2018
2 quality of life improvements please... and yes they are solved for free in Ren'Py but I'll mention them anyway. An option to lower the volume of the music and windowed mode.
Oh and maybe a quit button?
Otherwise very nice renders.

Darkmessiah30

Jul 12, 2020
sold but for the love of everything futa please dont be like most of the other futa games and abandon half way through so many futa games have been thrown into the void never to be seen again.

Reactions: MrRiouso

TMaximum

Feb 15, 2018
This game definitely has loads of potential and I look forward to seeing where it goes. Others have mentioned the slightly clunky/incorrect dialogue but that's definitely excusable in a demo and doesn't need to be repeated ad infinitum, especially with your positive response to feedback. The models look great as well.

My only slight note would be the lack of accessible save or load menu, or options to return to the main menu or exit beyond pressing the X button to close the program window. However again I assume that's a consequence of this being a demo and is therefore not a massive gripe and the lack is understandable.

Overall, definitely looking forward to seeing where this game goes and what you produce Bee! Keep up the good work, don't let any trolls get you down :)

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes