Kumiko_Fuji

Oct 21, 2019
They were until the military update.
Huh, since I waited until the repack got to the R2 version, I completely missed that.

Maybe they are planning to do something with futa NPCs in the future after all? The game does still feel like an early access one instead of a full release, so maybe that's one feature they ran out of time, but didn't think was essential. I don't want to hope, but I'm pretty sure they will make expansions to this, so one never knows.

alanzopa

Nov 14, 2019
Hey guys is there a way to export or convert AI-Shoujo Character cards into PlayHome? The Ai-Shoujo character creation is way better than PlayHome but I'd like to export the ones I create to Playhome so tell me if there's a way to do so.

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
Hey guys is there a way to export or convert AI-Shoujo Character cards into PlayHome? The Ai-Shoujo character creation is way better than PlayHome but I'd like to export the ones I create to Playhome so tell me if there's a way to do so.
Not presently, likely will not be... The creator is better because it is built on the 2019.2.x Unity HDRP framework, the models are much larger, 250,000 quads/ngons (PH/HS/PPD/SBZ) to 1.4-3 million tris (AI), the HDRP framework utilizes Materialize [BBS] shader maps with a surface albedo, normal, height, metallic, detail, diffuse, smothness, and edge layers on the tile shaders, so if you were to port those back you would need to retexture everything by hand since SDRP render only uses Diffuse, Normal, and Smoothness layers, you would end up with this shiny chromatic mixture of greens and pinks. There is software to upgrade one way (Materialize) but to downgrade you would need to remove dependent layers that would make the end result look different and dull. You also have a lot more bone mods available and easily unlocked on the new HDRP, ergo you cannot move those back at all because all the morphs and likely animations would break. At the very least the shapes wouldn't be the same. If you could actually rip the modded character actively from a graphics card memory dump, then load the file into 3DS Max, you could in theory export the file with the morphs hard coded in a format that the older game could recognize, but that is a lot of work for a single model and expensive if you don't already own 3DS Max, which is the only modelling software that can use those raw dump files at present. Also, there is the issue that you can only degrade the volume of the polygons so much before it starts looking terrible and misshapen, so you would end up with models 3 or 4 times larger (that are standalone with no common shared files with any other actors in the scene and cannot be edited in game) which would likely make the game run terribly.

It would be easier to port all of PlayHome, HoneySelect, Premium Play Darkness, SB Zero, etc., forward to this game than to go backward that far unfortunately. Basically, this technology didn't exist so you have to degrade everything to older technological standards which will be harder than it's worth to most. Unless you get someone that is bored and good at downgrading things in Unity as I know many people created assets in the older 4.5 for PH/HS/PPD/SBZ. It's not impossible to downgrade the HDRP stuff to older Unity formats and export them in a manner that is useful to the old Illusion engines, it's just a lot of work and I don't know if anyone would ever want to commit to something that so few would likely use. It would be a huge lone wolf project.

Believe it or not, this is the cutting edge right now... Ironically Illusion is on that cutting edge. This engine is in more-or-less an alpha phase... Give them another game or two and they will likely wow you, but presently this is what we get. The awesome thing is that the modding community on this is very active right now, so we will likely see more from modders than Illusion at this time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dashsolo

27X

Oct 30, 2019
Not even kinda, the topology of AI is quintuple what PH is.

Reactions: EroShane

EroShane

Sep 7, 2019
As you can see, that mod only changes walking animations.

And yes, that is exactly what I asked. There really is no point to futa NPCs if they can't ever use their equipement, even in a completely no homo situation (as is the case with a female PC). Illusion half-assed this to the extreme. Female PCs are almost useless too, since lesbian animations are few compared to ones with a penis involved.

The only solution I can see is to have the game somehow think the futa NPC is now the PC during H scenes only, but I really don't know how one can do that, plus, doing it that way would make the futa mute during sex.

Maybe Illusion will do it themselves in an expansion by allowing you to just switch who is dominant in sex, though if the game really is hard coded for the NPCs to take the "girl" role during sex, maybe even they can't do it.
Oh no, they can definitely do it, and once someone can get a hold of a leaked or solid running dumped source code, anyone with some Unity experience can, it is simple as flagging the animation positions to include both sexes and variations to take role on both sides. Provided the bones are the same number and in roughly the same locations without too much deformation, it should literally be just that. A small animator update, which would just be a small update to the assembly compile and Unity Engine. If we modders had access to that we could literally do anything to the game in a short amount of time... Like add menu options for Hero survival counters, add an HP bar, ammo counters, guns, vehicles, and animated zombies... Extra islands, whatever... The imagination would be the limit. They CAN do whatever they want and with a virtually complete game to start from, it is not hard AT ALL to add in a few new play system modules. It's almost as easy as drag and drop once you cook up the assets.

I only know this because I am developing an adult survival horror game presently and I am using the newer release of the HDRP Unity 2019.2.7f to do it. Once you learn the CSharp basics, making the game is pretty easy...

Reactions: HannaXXX

royden25

Nov 23, 2019
I crash everytime I try to enter the female character creation or if I start a game I crash a little bit after the text tutorial starts. Anyone know what to do? I'm using the repack, and I've been running it through the InitSettings thing.

Sep 17, 2019
I crash everytime I try to enter the female character creation or if I start a game I crash a little bit after the text tutorial starts. Anyone know what to do? I'm using the repack, and I've been running it through the InitSettings thing.
Hello, look inside this for some help.
Install-Settings Tipps
If nothing helps there might be a output.log from Unity,
and in your Game Folder is a link to your: [BR] Log file directory.

Reactions: saintpeters

Granyala

Nov 2, 2019
Tonemapping and 10bit color is why you use DHH at all, it's the only thing truly unique to the mod, ala LRE for Honey Select.
What do you mean by 10bit?
I do not have a Quadro or Firepro in my system, so 10bit color in windowed mode is prohibited by the driver.
Do I have to run the game in exclusive fullscreen to get DHH to work correctly?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I meant if you could turn of the whole scenario during H like Playhome allows you to.
There is no such option.

They probably won't do that. The best you'll see is probably porting forward from one game to the one that came after. Playhome to Ai Shoujo would be the more likely scenario. That said, I also don't see porting from a game like Playhome, with more realistic models, to a game like Koikatsu, with anime based models. I know it can be a real pain, but I'd suggest just creating them again using the maker for Ai Shoujo.

Granyala

Nov 2, 2019
After a bit of a break and fresh eyes, I do see now that there was definitely some weirdness in the DHH mod when I first used it due to the ingame options being activated also.

It looks a lot nicer now. Still unsure about the tone mapping but I will give my eyes a few days to get accustomed to it, since the contrast to vanilla is rather stark.

Dumb question: you said to disable everything except self shadow... does that include rain and atmosphere?

As for the unrestricted H positions script: tried it but it's not all that helpful. If you choose an "incompatible" animation, the main char disappears (e.g. a lesbian animation with the player being futa) and the H menu becomes completely unresponsive.

I do like the "entrust" option that gives her control. Is that a part of the game itself I haven't unlocked yet or done by the script? Also, is there a way to tell her not to change animations every 20 seconds? Ifalna is a wee bit too fast for me. :D

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
After a bit of a break and fresh eyes, I do see now that there was definitely some weirdness in the DHH mod when I first used it due to the ingame options being activated also.

It looks a lot nicer now. Still unsure about the tone mapping but I will give my eyes a few days to get accustomed to it, since the contrast to vanilla is rather stark.

Dumb question: you said to disable everything except self shadow... does that include rain and atmosphere?

As for the unrestricted H positions script: tried it but it's not all that helpful. If you choose an "incompatible" animation, the main char disappears (e.g. a lesbian animation with the player being futa) and the H menu becomes completely unresponsive.

I do like the "entrust" option that gives her control. Is that a part of the game itself I haven't unlocked yet or done by the script? Also, is there a way to tell her not to change animations every 20 seconds? Ifalna is a wee bit too fast for me. :D
The entrust option is in the game itself, I've had it since my first playthrough and that was before any mods were applied.

27X

Oct 30, 2019
What do you mean by 10bit?
I do not have a Quadro or Firepro in my system, so 10bit color in windowed mode is prohibited by the driver.
Do I have to run the game in exclusive fullscreen to get DHH to work correctly?
10bit color works with any nvidia product from the 10XX or 20XX line or any Titan ever made, provided you have a 10 bit or 12bit or 14bit or 8+2bit monitor. P sure 10 bit also works with the current gen AMD products, even APUs.

Fullscreen will def help with Tonemapping quality.

As for DHH image quality, it's really best to set it yourself, as no monitor is going to put out the same black and white levels, nevermind your personal preferences. I would hang for like three days at the ruined town square and just get the settings where you want them per weather.

Entrust is an illusion staple and comes up after "culmination states" are reached by girls in every game. in HS it was personality goals being maxed, in KK it was getting all stars in _______, in the play series it's revealing the "secret real evil sex beast personality" of each girl etc etc etc. It's basically "girl is now sex beast" and mostly consists of someone's fetish positions at illusion because it's literally the same ones every game regardless of context in addition to ignoring the girls' supposed sexual preferences as shown in the UI or gameplay goals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Granyala

Granyala

Nov 2, 2019
10bit color works with any nvidia product from the 10XX or 20XX line or any Titan ever made, provided you have a 10 bit or 12bit or 14bit or 8+2bit monitor. P sure 10 bit also works with the current gen AMD products, even APUs.

Entrust is an illusion staple and comes up after "culmination states" are reached by girls in every game. [...] It's basically "girl is now sex beast" and mostly consists of someone's fetish positions at illusion because it's literally the same ones every game regardless of context in addition to ignoring the girls' supposed sexual preferences as shown in the UI or gameplay goals.
1) is partially correct, as far as I am aware you can have 10 bit color but only in DirectX exclusive fullscreen mode. Destiny 2 is an example of that, my monitor (55" Sony XF90) recognizes that immediately and switches to the HDR profile. 10 bit color is not available outside the above (e.g.: Photoshop in Windows) on consumer cards because Nvidia still wants to sell the professional Quadro line (very expensive cards and not aimed at gaming). So unless we find a way to make AI-Girl run in exclusive fullscreen, we won't see HDR or 10bit color. My screen not changing profile confirms that (fullscreen behaves like borderless window, even when set in the enhanced GFX mod :/ ).

You are quite correct that you would need to do tone mapping on every screen unless said screens are professionally calibrated or close enough to that for the eye to not notice the difference. TN screens need not apply. *ducks and runs for cover*

2) Ah.. bummer. I quite enjoy the thought of her being in control of the lovemaking now and then. That definitely calls for a mod to include all possible positions and maybe a "duration" setting for the player. (if that's even possible) :<

Another question I have: Pretty disappointed to find out that the mirror is only a grey surface. :( A game in 2019 should be able to handle real time reflections or is that beyond the engine? Guess I am asking whether a mod would be possible here as well. I'd love a functioning mirror next to the bed for umm.. scientific purposes, obviously. :D

Dashsolo

Sep 1, 2019
Not presently, likely will not be... The creator is better because it is built on the 2019.2.x Unity HDRP framework, the models are much larger, 250,000 quads/ngons (PH/HS/PPD/SBZ) to 1.4-3 million tris (AI), the HDRP framework utilizes Materialize [BBS] shader maps with a surface albedo, normal, height, metallic, detail, diffuse, smothness, and edge layers on the tile shaders, so if you were to port those back you would need to retexture everything by hand since SDRP render only uses Diffuse, Normal, and Smoothness layers, you would end up with this shiny chromatic mixture of greens and pinks. There is software to upgrade one way (Materialize) but to downgrade you would need to remove dependent layers that would make the end result look different and dull. You also have a lot more bone mods available and easily unlocked on the new HDRP, ergo you cannot move those back at all because all the morphs and likely animations would break. At the very least the shapes wouldn't be the same. If you could actually rip the modded character actively from a graphics card memory dump, then load the file into 3DS Max, you could in theory export the file with the morphs hard coded in a format that the older game could recognize, but that is a lot of work for a single model and expensive if you don't already own 3DS Max, which is the only modelling software that can use those raw dump files at present. Also, there is the issue that you can only degrade the volume of the polygons so much before it starts looking terrible and misshapen, so you would end up with models 3 or 4 times larger (that are standalone with no common shared files with any other actors in the scene and cannot be edited in game) which would likely make the game run terribly.

It would be easier to port all of PlayHome, HoneySelect, Premium Play Darkness, SB Zero, etc., forward to this game than to go backward that far unfortunately. Basically, this technology didn't exist so you have to degrade everything to older technological standards which will be harder than it's worth to most. Unless you get someone that is bored and good at downgrading things in Unity as I know many people created assets in the older 4.5 for PH/HS/PPD/SBZ. It's not impossible to downgrade the HDRP stuff to older Unity formats and export them in a manner that is useful to the old Illusion engines, it's just a lot of work and I don't know if anyone would ever want to commit to something that so few would likely use. It would be a huge lone wolf project.

Believe it or not, this is the cutting edge right now... Ironically Illusion is on that cutting edge. This engine is in more-or-less an alpha phase... Give them another game or two and they will likely wow you, but presently this is what we get. The awesome thing is that the modding community on this is very active right now, so we will likely see more from modders than Illusion at this time...
So is there/will there be a way to pull assets from playhome/HS into this studio?

las1717

Nov 14, 2019
does anybody know how to download the free patches from the official website?

I used VPN and my IP was in Japanese, but still, I got this " You don't have permission " message

ScrewThisNoise

Modder
Jun 24, 2019

[BR] Better Repack R2.1.png

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

This is the readme for the pack, detailing the contents:​

Code:
Release 2.1 // 23.11.2019
<--------------------->

No donations // no ad-maze // no upfront payment
If you paid for this, you were scammed!
If you like the game, please buy it!
If you enjoy the mods, please consider donating to the modders on patreon where possible.

This pack is made with a up2date base game as of 08.11.2019, along with the components listed in credits, all up2date as of the release date of this pack. Some extras have been included, but are either easily removable or are sorted into folders marked [OPTIONAL]. Enjoy!

To add shortcuts to your desktop of the launcher and the most important folders for the game, feel free to run '[BR] Create Desktop Icons.bat'.

If you have trouble starting the game, start the game once through the launcher (InitSetting.exe), this will check for errors and fix them as well before starting the game.

[B]IF YOU'RE MOVING FROM ANOTHER REPACK:[/B]
I don't recommend just extracting this over another repack, due to potential conflicts. Please extract this to its own folder and move over your chara, cap, studio and save folders.

[B]WANT A VANILLA PACK?[/B]
If you wish to convert this pack into a vanilla pack, there is a included script named '[BR] Vanillify the game.bat' that gives you the following options:
 1. Remove only translation, leaving the rest of the mods intact
 2. Remove all BetterRapack Extras
 4. Remove all BetterRepack Extras, mods and translation
Feel free to use this script to customize your install, but keep in mind that using this may make the game incompatible with future repack updates, requiring you to download the next repack in full!

[B]WANT YOUR CARD OR SCENE INCLUDED IN THE NEXT REPACK?[/B]
Feel free to DM me on discord (ScrewThisNoise#3544) with the card(s) and/or scene(s), and I'll see what I can do for the next release. (See community links for server link)

[B]What is included in the base game?[/B]
- Base release game
- All preorder extras
- Newest official update as of 08.11

[B]Updated in release 2.1 (this release):[/B]
- Added 2155X's AI_ExtraGirls v1.0.0 as optional
- Added DeathWeasel's MerchantReplacer v1.5
- Added FairBear's CareBairPackage v1.1.2 as optional
- Added Joan6694's AIPE v1.10.1
- Updated AI_BepisPlugins to R12.4
- Updated BepInEx to v5
- Updated BepInEx.ConfigurationManager to v15.1
- Updated DragAndDrop to v1.1.1
- Updated IllusionFixes AIGirl to v1.6.1
- Updated XUnity.AutoTranslator to v4.6.4
- Updated 2155X's AI_UnlockPlayerHClothes to v1.3.0
- Updated 2155X's AI_UnlockPlayerHeight to v1.1.2
- Updated connector_jp's DHH to v1.1.5 and applied 2155X's compitability fix
- Updated DeathWeasel's MaterialEditor to v1.9.1
- Updated enimaroah's SB3Utility to v1.19.7
- Updated FairBear's POVx to v1.0.2
- Updated Hooh's Heelz to v1.1
- Updated Marco's AI_BetterAA to v1.5
- Updated Marco's AIAPI to v1.9.4
- Updated Mikke's PushUpPlugin for AI-Shoujo to v1.1.1
- Updated fantranslations
- Added fixed machine translations
- Removed connector_jp's DHH MadWorld v1.2

DISTRIBUTION LOCATIONS:
These are locations where either I distribute new packs and updates, or partner-sites and services do so.
------------------>
Anime-Sharing:
- [url]http://www.anime-sharing.com/forum/members/screwthisnoise-181111/[/url]

F95Zone:
- [url]https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-ai-girl-ai-discussion-thread.34853/[/url]

Nyaa:
- [url]https://sukebei.nyaa.si/user/screwthisnoise[/url]

Otomi-games.com:
- [url]https://otomi-games.com/koikatu/[/url]

COMMUNITY LINKS:
------------------>
Discord Fan-Server
- [url]https://discord.gg/F3bDEFE[/url]

Pastebin
- [url]https://pastebin.com/QRRKtC45[/url]

CREDITS:
------------------>
2155X's AI_LightSettings
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/2155X[/url]

connector_jp's DHH
connector_jp's DHH MadWorld
- No link, see discord

DeathWeasel's AI_InputHotkeyBlock
DeathWeasel's MaterialEditor
DeathWeasel's Subtitles
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/DeathWeasel[/url]

Enimaroah's SB3Utility
- [url]https://github.com/enimaroah/SB3Utility[/url]

Hooh's Heelz
- NO URL

Marco's AI_BetterAA
Marco's AI_Screencap
Marco's AIABMX
Marco's AIAPI
Marco's FPS Counter
Marco's MessageCenter
Marco's RuntimeUnityEditor
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/ManlyMarco[/url]

Mikke's PushUpPlugin for AI-Shoujo
- No link, see discord

STN's English Launcher
STN's Sideloader Modpack
- [url]https://www.patreon.com/BetterRepack[/url]

Misc (Collabs etc):
AIGirlFixes ([url]https://github.com/IllusionMods/IllusionFixes[/url])
BepisPlugins ([url]https://github.com/IllusionMods/BepisPlugins[/url])
There are two download options, Full for newcomers, Update for people that already have my previous packs (So they don't have to download all of it over again). If you experience ANY problem after using the update pack, please use the full pack before reporting any problems.

CRC32: 78236370
MD5: 046A714F85C55B6B618E57C958AE1CAC
SHA-1: 9F8E89AD39894F936FE935B370820FA5286AFF8E

Updater:

Share this pack as you want, re-host it or whatever.. I barely did anything, I just bundled other peoples work, so no need to credit me or anything. All credit goes to the modders actually making this possible
Feel free to tell me if you reupload the pack anywhere else! :)

I'd very much appreciate it if you would all think about supporting me on patreon, but keep in mind that I won't paywall my packs, this is just for supporting me making my packs better :)

GPOuRL.png
As some of you have noticed, downloading content from the in-game downloader is quite the unstable experience. In order to offer multiple venues to aquire cards, I've acquired all available scene and card content on the official uploader (normaly only available from Japanese IPs) so that you may grab some of that content if you desire ;)

3.30 star(s) 32 Votes