5.00 star(s) 6 Votes

Alkinwulf

Dec 25, 2021
Reactions: turbojoe

Amincyrus

Dec 31, 2019
Hi guys
anyone can do me a favor ?
to convert or remake ((ONLY FACE)) this character for HS2 ??

this card from HS1 sample characters ( full name is Honey sample character 16 )

i just recently install HS2 but seems this not support HS1 charcters
i searched for converter and even try to remake it in HS2 but i failed .

Honey sample character 16.png

Honey sample character 16.png

georia1120

Mar 10, 2022
I wanted to put forward an interesting tool someone introduced to me. It's an AI face reconstruction tool that can help creators wishing to put forward 'realistic' looking face.

If the reconstructed face is closed to your HS2 character face, it means the proportion you applied are pretty realistic overall. If you see big differences between your character and the reconstructed model, it means your character is probably all wacky in term of proportions.

For example, anime styled character with eyes the size of golf balls and gigantic lips are gonna come out completely different when the AI attempt to reconstruct the face.

You can generate a higher resolution version of the AI reconstructed face by applying "0 color weight" and "0 structure weight" on the generated image. And if you are adventurous enough, that image can be used as a template to generate interesting face overlays.

Example below:
View attachment 1877227
View attachment 1877228

In the case of the example below, the generated AI face can used as a guide for more realistic looking face: the first easy edits can be made for instance are the eyes and the lips. Further tweaking can be made later on on the jaw line.
View attachment 1877295
Such an interesting finding,thank you so much!!! I think the AI is bit confused,for I used the same chara with different hair style,it turned out different results.
download.png download (1).png
download (2).png download (3).png
download (4).png download (5).png
download (6).png download (7).png
download (8).png download (9).png
download (10).png download (11).png
download (16).png download (17).png
download (22).png download (23).png so,the AI doesn't know Emma Watson....
download (12).png download (13).png
download (14).png download (15).png
download (18).png download (19).png how comes that Diao Chan is a gypsy girl?
download (20).png download (21).png

pengpeng17

Jan 25, 2022
Guys i just updated to hs2 BR 9 and my accessories (specifically nipple piercings) are all loading in completely white in color instead of the original colors shown in their images. Do any of you know how to fix this? thank you

Kravnos

Feb 10, 2020
I think the AI gets confused when the eye balls are disproportionately big, and as a result the reconstructed face looks retarded or with lazy eyes.

It is still a very good tool to use as a guide to determine what is more realistic vs the anime stylized character that HS2 tries to project.

Kravnos

Feb 10, 2020
Here is a tip on lighting setup that may help new creators with making their cards and other people in general with more engaging screenshots.

Your computer monitor is a 2D surface which doesn't project depth (Z axis), just like a regular photograph. How do regular 2D photographs transmit that information of depth? With the interplay of light and shadows. Pick any professional photograph or movie, and you will usually see that interplay of shadows and light if they have been properly lit up. It works the same way with a monitor and HS2.

In order to perceive depth on your monitor, you have to position the light source in a way that will create shadows. A good rule of thumb is slightly above the subject and 3/4 off the subject. For that I highly encourage using one of the two post processing modes available in the game: DHH or GraphicsMod.

GraphicsMod usually offers more lighting options, more sources of light and subsurface scattering (SSS) which can be very handy if you want to place rim or hair lights. This mod offers the highest quality in general but at the price of complexity in its setup and major drawbacks on performance. You can use SSS with NGS but you wont be able to harness its benefits unless you know exactly what you are doing with it.

DHH is simpler to setup and understand its inner working, and best of all it doesnt compromise on performance. You can have up to 2 direct sources of light which is plenty 99% of the time, and I find the quality to be good enough for editing and quick dirty screenshots. This is personally my preferred setup.

Once you setup your light correctly, you find out that it becomes much easier to spot areas on the face or body that need attention. For creating 'realistic' looking characters, the parts that need the utter most attention are the nose and jawline. And it is very hard to spot bad areas if your lighting set up isn't on point.

My DHH settings for card editing.
GraphicSetting3.zip

If you change the camera to view your character from the side, you will have to adjust the camera Y rotation.
When facing your character directly, the settings will look like this:
dhs01.png

In the examples below, you can see the difference a proper lighting setup can make vs an unoptimized setup under SSS/NGS that produces a totally flat image.
dhs02.png

Very handful for editing bodies too as you can better observe what some sliders do.
whichody.png

Good luck everyone. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021
Hi guys, I haven't been able to find a help thread for either HS2 or AIS so I'm sorry to post this here, I really want to get into modding the game but I don't know what to do, for now I would like to know where do I find the DHH everyone is talking about and where to install it, thanks in advance, I really appreciate it

5.00 star(s) 6 Votes