[ILLUSION] Honey Select 2: Libido (ハニーセレクト2 リビドー) - Discussion Thread

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote
Status
Not open for further replies.

LogID

Aug 21, 2018
Does anyone know why the betterrepack_r3_hotfix.exe wouldn't do anything? I run it and nothing happens. I had the same issue with the 2.1 update exe too.

lifemare

Apr 16, 2020
Does anyone know why the betterrepack_r3_hotfix.exe wouldn't do anything? I run it and nothing happens. I had the same issue with the 2.1 update exe too.
No other issues with any other installers? This sort of problem is usually due to missing libraries/runtimes in Windows.

xathu0904

Jul 23, 2017
These models are great. And the clothing or overlay you are using is neat as well. You plan to make a game or video? Wouldn't mind getting some character cards like the screenshots you have been posting the last few days.
when i feel like to, yeah

leaf021231

Mar 8, 2020
I have a question on studio neo, and this has probably been asked 114514 times already, but anyway.

Does anyone know where can I buy/download dance animations for Studio neo 2? And if I have the animation, do I just drop them in the mods folder or should I place them in the Studio neo folder?

I am pretty sure there are dance anims out there as I have seen this video on iwara

But the uploader haven't left any useful information and google is as useless as always on weeb stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Molloke

Jan 23, 2020
I have a question on studio neo, and this has probably been asked 114514 times already, but anyway.

Does anyone know where can I buy/download dance animations for Studio neo 2? And if I have the animation, do I just drop them in the mods folder or should I place them in the Studio neo folder?

I am pretty sure there are dance anims out there as I have seen this video on iwara

But the uploader haven't left any useful information and google is as useless as always on weeb stuff.

Thanks in advance.
For the first Honey Select, and Studio Neo, the only way to "add" animations that I know of was to use a plugin for Studio Neo (not the actual game, it only worked in Studio Neo) to allow the user to load in animations that were originally made for the MikuMikuDance program, with the .VMD format. Those animations are commonly known also simply as "MMD Motions".

There's a bunch for example on DeviantArt (and on YouTube and so on).

There has never been an actual modded way to add animations to the base game per se, either. Nor in Studio Neo mind you. Modding started for the original Honey Select early on and it's been years. If it had been possible to actually add new animations we would have seen many such custom animations made for either the base game or added into the list of animations in Studio Neo itself. But that never happened.

The only other way to "add" an animation was to manually create an animation in Studio Neo itself (which is a headache and very inefficient) and save it as part of a Scene. The Scene would then be shared somewhere, say on Illusion Booru and the user would then download the Scene, place it in the proper folder structure and then open Studio Neo and load the Scene to see the animation within said Scene in action.

That's about it.

Now, as far as Honey Select 2 and Studio Neo 2 is concerned I'm fairly certain that the modding community will look into it and see if it's possible this time around, or not (or maybe partly, at least). From what I've seen so far it looks like modding and creating plugins for the base game and Studio Neo 2 is happening at a very fast pace right now. We're already at a point where a lot of the extra functions from plugins in the first Honey Select is almost achieved with Honey Select 2 (more so for the base game, but there's still some ways to go for Studio Neo 2; although progress is being made).

What I did notice in Studio Neo 2 this time, which did not exist in the first one, is that it looks like it is possible to at least load in custom poses, fixed poses that is (not animated, at least not in the current state of things). However, what is not clear is if whether or not those custom poses need to first be created in Studio Neo 2, and then shared around and would be exclusive to Studio Neo 2. I.E. "Made from, and for Studio Neo 2", which would mean that it wouldn't be possible to import poses made in another program as a new custom pose into Studio Neo 2 (and would only be possible if the creator first made the pose in Studio Neo 2 to start with).

To be honest, custom animations of all types (softcore, hardcore, dancing, posing, etc) was something that the modding community has been wishing for ever since the first mods started to pop for the original Honey Select. It never quite happened simply because it appears that there's too much hardcoding involved to 'unlock' the ability to import animations into the game (or Neo) and that developers went out of their way to ensure that such a thing would never be possible. There's very talented modders out there for this game (or the original) and certainly they would have found a way by now if it had been possible.

I would argue that if we don't see such a thing as importing animations in HS2 or Neo V2 in the coming month or two then I wouldn't hold my breath it would happen anytime soon. Since doing such a thing is one of the first things some modders out there are looking into from the start. As of now though, Studio Neo V2 does not have the .VMD MikuMikuDance plugin that the original Studio Neo had. So as far as custom animations go, just because of that plugin alone, the original Studio Neo is still superior if what you're looking for is using custom animations.

On a side note, not all .VMD animations actually work to start with. The female (or male) skeleton used to create those animations were different from the start than the ones in Honey Select. So when importing the animation and using any type of Honey Select character to perform the animation then various things can happen. You normally have around a 50% chance the animation will play flawlessly to the end. But you can have cases where some of the animation plays fine, but suddenly when the animation requires the character to bend, or sit or do a lot of legs bending or motions then you end up with extreme body deformation, or impossible bending angles. That's because the animation in question was never meant to be used by Honey Select's skeleton, but instead meant for custom characters for the MikuMikuDance program (that's not to mention differences in character height as well).

So even though that .VMD plugin for Studio Neo 1 does work per se, the animations themselves you'd download would have to be tested one by one, from start to finish to look for full or partial compatibility (or incompatibility) issues. It's a very time consuming process. I know because I've done it many times with at least 300+ MMD animations of all types I found all around the web. Many of which didn't work at all, some of which worked half-way, and only a fraction of which worked at 100% usually by pure chance.

A "better" solution than using .VMD animations for Honey Select 2 would indeed be the possibility to plain and simple import animations of many formats made from many different programs to be compatible with HS2. But that requires a lot of work, even though the result would be amazing. If we could do something like making animations in Blender (by importing the Honey Select female/male skeleton and using it as a base for the animation) and then importing them into HS2 and/or Studio Neo 2 then THAT would be 100x better than being stuck with using only MMD animations and crossing our fingers some of them work (because even for Honey Select 2 the main issues would remain, skeleton problems, character deformations, etc).

leaf021231

Mar 8, 2020
For the first Honey Select, and Studio Neo, the only way to "add" animations that I know of was to use a plugin for Studio Neo (not the actual game, it only worked in Studio Neo) to allow the user to load in animations that were originally made for the MikuMikuDance program, with the .VMD format. Those animations are commonly known also simply as "MMD Motions".

There's a bunch for example on DeviantArt (and on YouTube and so on).

There has never been an actual modded way to add animations to the base game per se, either. Nor in Studio Neo mind you. Modding started for the original Honey Select early on and it's been years. If it had been possible to actually add new animations we would have seen many such custom animations made for either the base game or added into the list of animations in Studio Neo itself. But that never happened.

The only other way to "add" an animation was to manually create an animation in Studio Neo itself (which is a headache and very inefficient) and save it as part of a Scene. The Scene would then be shared somewhere, say on Illusion Booru and the user would then download the Scene, place it in the proper folder structure and then open Studio Neo and load the Scene to see the animation within said Scene in action.

That's about it.

Now, as far as Honey Select 2 and Studio Neo 2 is concerned I'm fairly certain that the modding community will look into it and see if it's possible this time around, or not (or maybe partly, at least). From what I've seen so far it looks like modding and creating plugins for the base game and Studio Neo 2 is happening at a very fast pace right now. We're already at a point where a lot of the extra functions from plugins in the first Honey Select is almost achieved with Honey Select 2 (more so for the base game, but there's still some ways to go for Studio Neo 2; although progress is being made).

What I did notice in Studio Neo 2 this time, which did not exist in the first one, is that it looks like it is possible to at least load in custom poses, fixed poses that is (not animated, at least not in the current state of things). However, what is not clear is if whether or not those custom poses need to first be created in Studio Neo 2, and then shared around and would be exclusive to Studio Neo 2. I.E. "Made from, and for Studio Neo 2", which would mean that it wouldn't be possible to import poses made in another program as a new custom pose into Studio Neo 2 (and would only be possible if the creator first made the pose in Studio Neo 2 to start with).

To be honest, custom animations of all types (softcore, hardcore, dancing, posing, etc) was something that the modding community has been wishing for ever since the first mods started to pop for the original Honey Select. It never quite happened simply because it appears that there's too much hardcoding involved to 'unlock' the ability to import animations into the game (or Neo) and that developers went out of their way to ensure that such a thing would never be possible. There's very talented modders out there for this game (or the original) and certainly they would have found a way by now if it had been possible.

I would argue that if we don't see such a thing as importing animations in HS2 or Neo V2 in the coming month or two then I wouldn't hold my breath it would happen anytime soon. Since doing such a thing is one of the first things some modders out there are looking into from the start. As of now though, Studio Neo V2 does not have the .VMD MikuMikuDance plugin that the original Studio Neo had. So as far as custom animations go, just because of that plugin alone, the original Studio Neo is still superior if what you're looking for is using custom animations.

On a side note, not all .VMD animations actually work to start with. The female (or male) skeleton used to create those animations were different from the start than the ones in Honey Select. So when importing the animation and using any type of Honey Select character to perform the animation then various things can happen. You normally have around a 50% chance the animation will play flawlessly to the end. But you can have cases where some of the animation plays fine, but suddenly when the animation requires the character to bend, or sit or do a lot of legs bending or motions then you end up with extreme body deformation, or impossible bending angles. That's because the animation in question was never meant to be used by Honey Select's skeleton, but instead meant for custom characters for the MikuMikuDance program (that's not to mention differences in character height as well).

So even though that .VMD plugin for Studio Neo 1 does work per se, the animations themselves you'd download would have to be tested one by one, from start to finish to look for full or partial compatibility (or incompatibility) issues. It's a very time consuming process. I know because I've done it many times with at least 300+ MMD animations of all types I found all around the web. Many of which didn't work at all, some of which worked half-way, and only a fraction of which worked at 100% usually by pure chance.

A "better" solution than using .VMD animations for Honey Select 2 would indeed be the possibility to plain and simple import animations of many formats made from many different programs to be compatible with HS2. But that requires a lot of work, even though the result would be amazing. If we could do something like making animations in Blender (by importing the Honey Select female/male skeleton and using it as a base for the animation) and then importing them into HS2 and/or Studio Neo 2 then THAT would be 100x better than being stuck with using only MMD animations and crossing our fingers some of them work (because even for Honey Select 2 the main issues would remain, skeleton problems, character deformations, etc).
That was a very thorough response and cleared a lot of the things for me as a new studio neo user. Thank you for your time and effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote