Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
May I have some help with pose loader?...I attached a SS so everyone knows what I'm referring to.
I want to save a few states with a few poses.

The poses are not always proper, so I make edits to the IK / FK and then save that in SSS, but if I do that, I can no longer load any pose anymore. Whenever I load a pose in pose loader, the original pose defaults to some other stock BR11 pose.
I tried turning off IK and FK or both, turning them on one at a time, pressing "refer to animation" and resetting all the IK and FK stuff but nothing works.

Loading multiple poses one after another works perfectly if I don't edit the poses using IK or FK at all.

The one in the screenshot is NOT the pose I have selected. In that one, her hands were supposed to be on her thighs, for example.

Help? :-( This should've been simple, man...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Sepheyer

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
May I have some help with pose loader?...I attached a SS so everyone knows what I'm referring to.
I want to save a few states with a few poses.

The poses are not always proper, so I make edits to the IK / FK and then save that in SSS, but if I do that, I can no longer load any pose anymore. Whenever I load a pose in pose loader, the original pose defaults to some other stock BR11 pose.
I tried turning off IK and FK or both, turning them on one at a time, pressing "refer to animation" and resetting all the IK and FK stuff but nothing works.

Loading multiple poses one after another works perfectly if I don't edit the poses using IK or FK at all.

The one in the screenshot is NOT the pose I have selected. In that one, her hands were supposed to be on her thighs, for example.

Help? :-( This should've been simple, man...

I think I ran into similar behavior. I didn't relly troubleshoot it cause I use VGNE's pose loader (the book icon, just under the "Find" icon) as the primary pose library.

I think, this is a raw theory, but poses like Stride, Vogue, etc., they are rather stopframes or somesuch of the full animations. Not truly IK and not FK. You run into those when bringing poses over from HS1 and get puzzled by how they end up being all over the place. Probably some ancient-ass format that just can't even.

So, I do confirm the problem exists, I have no idea how to fix it, and I worked around it by using VGNE's poses which end up being - I image - force converted into either FK or IK standard.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
I think I ran into similar behavior. I didn't relly troubleshoot it cause I use VGNE's pose loader (the book icon, just under the "Find" icon) as the primary pose library.

I think, this is a raw theory, but poses like Stride, Vogue, etc., they are rather stopframes or somesuch of the full animations. Not truly IK and not FK. You run into those when bringing poses over from HS1 and get puzzled by how they end up being all over the place. Probably some ancient-ass format that just can't even.

So, I do confirm the problem exists, I have no idea how to fix it, and I worked around it by using VGNE's poses which end up being - I image - force converted into either FK or IK standard.
How can I use that as well? When I open it, there's nothing inside the UI no matter what I press. How can I find out how to use this thing? I can save and load a pose just fine but how can I use it to load the poses I got from elsewhere?

EDIT: never-fucking-mind I figured it out...I just have to select something else in the workspace then reselect the character I'm posing to get the pose loader to load poses after I mess with IK or FK...???????
Love ya for trying to help, Seph <3

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
How can I use that as well? EDIT: never-fucking-mind I figured it out...
So, a motivation why VNGE Pose Library beats the Pose Loader - you can do just faces or just hands in VNGEPL. This is a major quality of life if you just want to assign ~10 expressions, such as "happy, sad, confused, etc" and then just switch between them instead of adjusting individual facial expression sliders. This is a major time saver.

HS2_2023-04-15-15-31-28-176.png

And indeed, here is the cycle:

PS I think the "XXPE Faces&Shapes" is for capturing Blend Shapes settings, but there are a few gotchas - I saw someone mention it somewhere in this thread.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
So, a motivation why VNGE Pose Library beats the Pose Loader - you can do just faces or just hands in VNGEPL. This is a major quality of life if you just want to assign ~10 expressions, such as "happy, sad, confused, etc" and then just switch between them instead of adjusting individual facial expression sliders. This is a major time saver.

View attachment 2547298

And indeed, here is the cycle:

PS I think the "XXPE Faces&Shapes" is for capturing Blend Shapes settings, but there are a few gotchas - I saw someone mention it somewhere in this thread.
cool yea I figured it works like that. My only confusion came from thinking that it could be used to load existing poses that I got in the form of zipmonds.
Though I guess I could still do that by SAVING all the poses that I'm interested in, which may be useful.
Thanks!

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
ofc! no problem.....btw what are ministates?
Hi!

Ministates and Autostates are a tool in VNGE to add certain objects to an scene, I recomend you to see this playlist. It is a lot of time but belive me, it worth it to know.
Look in particular this video:

Also take a peep in this other:

Last edited:

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022

I think, this is a raw theory, but poses like Stride, Vogue, etc., they are rather stopframes or somesuch of the full animations. Not truly IK and not FK.
Hello!

I guess the same. Some poses are made from "initial pose", I mean, no matter where the speed slider is, there are no movement, by the other hand, if the pose is made from an animation that moves, for example, "appear" or "walk", "conversation", etc. The pose will remain still IF the slider is in zero, but if yoy move slight a value different from zero, the pose will move around, haunting and bouncing.
Maybe that cause the aforementioned conflict.

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Hello!

I guess the same. Some poses are made from "initial pose", I mean, no matter where the speed slider is, there are no movement, by the other hand, if the pose is made from an animation that moves, for example, "appear" or "walk", "conversation", etc. The pose will remain still IF the slider is in zero, but if yoy move slight a value different from zero, the pose will move around, haunting and bouncing.
Maybe that cause the aforementioned conflict.
Hdunno but as I said, my issue was that I had to reselect the character in the workspace after messing with IF or FK...for whatever reason. It now works perfectly and I just need to find a way to register HS2PE modifications xD

Reactions: Kaseijin

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
But what do we do with it afterwards? I mean something went to the export folder but it doesn't look usable.
The file is a regular chara card - you can open it in the maker, just as any other chara card. Do ignore how it looks, the card is legit.

Reactions: Velcrofly

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Anyone know why this happened?
It only happens in hooh's six tatami room.
The first pic is when I just added the map and unsaved.
The second pic is after I reloaded the scene.

• Thinking Face

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Anyone know why this happened?
It only happens in hooh's six tatami room.
The first pic is when I just added the map and unsaved.
The second pic is after I reloaded the scene.
Hi!
May be the light in the map, or some bug in the StudioNeo. Sometimes I load an scene, and appears too bright, even if I lower or turn off the lights, it keep all white, and hitting the "clear all" button, when the "are you sure to star over" warning appears, the scene resets, once sellecting "no", my scene is all dark now, so I have to turn on and raise those sliders i lower a moment ago.
I'm gonna make an scene with that map and i'll inform you. c ya later. ;)

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Is there any way to see the character card metadata? They're pngs so must store text data in it somehow, I'd like to see it but can't find any app that'll do it. (mostly to find character names from the card w/out having to load the character maker)

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi!
May be the light in the map, or some bug in the StudioNeo. Sometimes I load an scene, and appears too bright, even if I lower or turn off the lights, it keep all white, and hitting the "clear all" button, when the "are you sure to star over" warning appears, the scene resets, once sellecting "no", my scene is all dark now, so I have to turn on and raise those sliders i lower a moment ago.
I'm gonna make an scene with that map and i'll inform you. c ya later. ;)
Yea I think its the issue in the map itself.
Everything went normal in other maps and when I changed the map in that scene.
Someone suggested me to turn off the lighting probe using console, but its only working as long as Im working on the scene. I have to turn it off again whenever I restart the Studio.
Well, Im done remaking the whole map already. :LOL:
But still cant get the lighting as good as the using map one yet. :HideThePain:

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
HSPE -> Advanced -> Collider (I think. Sorry, I dont have the GUI handy to look up the exact steps.)
Any chance I can get you to expand on how to do this? Do you have to do something special to activate the collider? Attach it in some way specifically? I've tried to figure it out myself but no joy. Thanks. Also is there a diff between HSPE and HS2PE in this?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Any chance I can get you to expand on how to do this? Do you have to do something special to activate the collider? Attach it in some way specifically? I've tried to figure it out myself but no joy. Thanks. Also is there a diff between HSPE and HS2PE in this?
You need to use the girl that have BetterPenetration (BP) uncensor first, then search for joan's dynamic bone collider in the Studio.
You can adjust the size using HS2PE Adv window, in the Collider tab.
Then try it to interact with something that have dynamic bone e.g. BP vag, boobs, butts or some hairs.

As for the diff between HSPE and HS2PE, i dont really know, maybe HS2PE for HS1? Just like how its named.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote