Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks. Wasn't in the latest release apparently. Using the filename I was able to find a link though. Trying it now and seems to work just fine. Makes me super happy that it exists as when I first installed the game a while back I was looking for something like this but never found it.
If you ever have need of it again I think this is where to get teh latest version

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
If you ever have need of it again I think this is where to get teh latest version
Thanks, but be aware that the latest release is buggy and doesn't work. At least not for me. Second to last release (v1.1) works though.

Anonymous2019

Nov 22, 2019
Could you elaborate? I couldnt understand the question.
ok so what i mean is like..... do u know hooh's d mod? i want to turn it into an item that i can use in character maker.....or like theres a dildo or butt plug that i want to use in the chara maker....currently its unavailable in the chara maker list.....so how to do that....

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
ok so what i mean is like..... do u know hooh's d mod? i want to turn it into an item that i can use in character maker.....or like theres a dildo or butt plug that i want to use in the chara maker....currently its unavailable in the chara maker list.....so how to do that....
Ahh so you want to import items from studio into chara maker and use them as accessories.
I dont think its impossible, but Idk how to do that. And I think you're heading to mod making direction in this case.

FearMy3Inch

Dec 16, 2018
how do I turn off shadow casting? still pretty new with the studio and the shadows from characters can be annoying since no matter where I angle the camera its always going forward and casting over other characters, turning off shadows in the settings doesn't help since it removes all shadows entirely making my scenes seem too cartoonish and plain, if anyone can let me know how to fix this small problem please let me know and thank you.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
how do I turn off shadow casting? still pretty new with the studio and the shadows from characters can be annoying since no matter where I angle the camera its always going forward and casting over other characters, turning off shadows in the settings doesn't help since it removes all shadows entirely making my scenes seem too cartoonish and plain, if anyone can let me know how to fix this small problem please let me know and thank you.
May be what you are looking for is to turn off the camera's light? Once you do that, only the shadows from the light sources are cast. To do that: System -> Character Light -> Intensity = 0.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Hi everybody...

As you know, you can use your own designed graphic files to fill image boards and some other forms and therefore build posters, pictures, signs, etc... using the renderer editor (Ctrl + r). However, the graphic file is readed only from BepInEx\Plugins\RendererEditor\Textures and it isn't saved with your scene file, so you must include it with your scene (usually togheter in a folder) and those who want to see it must copy it first in the right place.

This looks to me a great limitation and I was searching for some time a way to include your own graphic files with your scene. I knew this could be done because I've saw before some scenes which bear it, but I never got an answer to my question. Well, now I happen to find a method that probably many of you know already, but I would like to share it anyway.

You can do it using Material Editor, instead of Renderer Editor:

1. Select the Image Board in the Workspace window
2. Open the Material Editor
3. In the line "Main Tex" select "Import Texture"
4. Choose any image file you want to use (.png or .jpg format) in any folder you have it
5. When you save your scene, your image data will be saved with it

You can delete the original image file after that if you want...

Hope this could be useful for somebody.

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
If someone could help me learn how to correct this, what appears to me as an error, would be much appreciated.
All i've seen "Next Gen" cards load like this. HS2_2023-04-25-02-46-56-971.png SSS is enabled but face is always different color than body and I cant get them to match up. Now is this is intended, ok. If a fix was already explained sorry for the post.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
If someone could help me learn how to correct this, what appears to me as an error, would be much appreciated.
All i've seen "Next Gen" cards load like this. View attachment 2572044 SSS is enabled but face is always different color than body and I cant get them to match up. Now is this is intended, ok. If a fix was already explained sorry for the post.
Can you share the card?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
View attachment 2573213 Not mine, but shows my problem

Next Gen Card
View attachment 2573218
I think the issue should be head type or the card itself.
I also got the same result as yours.
At first I thought its the head type fault since you arent quite supposed to use next gen skin shader on toon styled character and bcs of that, Hanmen made a toon shader. But the issue still persist even after I changed the shader to default and toon shader.
But usually when you're getting this kind of card, they're usually in a set of chara and coordinate. But from what Im getting this card, it only gives you the chara. So maybe the original card have a coordinate that hide the skin difference at the neck.

I found that you can change the value of AlbedoOpacity in head's ME window to something between 0.94 to 0.95 to minimize the difference.
I think you wouldnt notice the difference unless you zoom in really close or changed the Glossy or Wetness slider.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
anyone know of a bonemod adjuster in character maker with fk controls?
I recently re-installed HS2 and used the manlymarco distro (w/steam) originally then switched to the betterepack version. With the manlymarco one the bonemod option looked different and somehow highlighted the bones being modified in the character itself. It also allowed modifying the ankle/foot angle.
Anyone know what mod it was? It's not bonemodx (unless there's a setting I don't know about).

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
I think the issue should be head type or the card itself.
I also got the same result as yours.
At first I thought its the head type fault since you arent quite supposed to use next gen skin shader on toon styled character and bcs of that, Hanmen made a toon shader. But the issue still persist even after I changed the shader to default and toon shader.
But usually when you're getting this kind of card, they're usually in a set of chara and coordinate. But from what Im getting this card, it only gives you the chara. So maybe the original card have a coordinate that hide the skin difference at the neck.

I found that you can change the value of AlbedoOpacity in head's ME window to something between 0.94 to 0.95 to minimize the difference.
I think you wouldnt notice the difference unless you zoom in really close or changed the Glossy or Wetness slider.
Is this one of the cons against Head mods(I assume)?
I was messing with another character in studio making renders and this issue is Highly noticeable with head being a drastically different color than body, not just the line between neck and head. I think if the color would just match the "line" issue would solve itself. Also maybe a studio only issue because the difference isn't as noticeable in creator mode.
I will attach cap to show you (Girl is not my original creation(fuse of a few cards) and still work in progress)
HS2_2023-04-29-02-34-36-507.png HS2_2023-04-28-12-43-49-498.png
Thanks for any help
Any guidance on that issue (Making both body color and head color match).

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Tbh I also dont quite know the cause as I mostly spent my time at studio making animation and all of my characters are my original creation without using anyone card as the base.
Have you tried using the card you used as the base for fusing? Including the original coordinate.
Perhaps fusing is the cause, but I cant 100% sure about it too.

zir175

Aug 6, 2022
How do you connect(or parent or whatever its called) two objects (so they move with each other) in VNGE? For example a head moving with d*ck.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote