Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
I loaded this scene and I have all these weird icons and no way to turn them off that i know of. Please help. I just wanted a simple change out characters and export to video. HS2_2023-05-19-01-29-12-428.png HS2_2023-05-19-01-35-07-273.png
Not this is the first animated scene to pop up with these symbols I have come across

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
what is a gimmick?
Hi!

Gimmicks are the complements to make this elaborated scenes works. In studio, look to your left side column in the panel, there is a Gear-like icon, I bet it is green. click on it and disable it. nothing gonna change only it will hide the icons that point where the gimmicks are.

Reactions: akumakazama

Anonymous2019

Nov 22, 2019
Hi!

Gimmicks are the complements to make this elaborated scenes works. In studio, look to your left side column in the panel, there is a Gear-like icon, I bet it is green. click on it and disable it. nothing gonna change only it will hide the icons that point where the gimmicks are.
ok so the thing is....its already disabed for me, so i wanted to see it, so i enabled it.....but i cant see anything....
is there someting wrong with my software?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
what is a gimmick?
Gimmick is one of few ways to animate your scene.
The advantage of gimmick is you dont play with something like keyframe as in Timeline and VNGE's ClipMan.
You only need to spawn your choice of gimmick (piston, joint, rotator, shaker etc) and pair the moving nodes using NodeConstraint or just simple make it as parent of another object and set the animation speed and/or variation in Animation menu for the earlier released one. Or just spawn it then try opening Item+ window from your right sidebar (This menu is essential as most hooh's item use it).

Piston for straight movement.
Joint for curving movement.
Rotator for rotation.
Shaker for giving an item vibration properties.
But not all gimmick are as straightforward as 4 types I mentioned above.

I really like to use Drag Tracker and IK Anchor.
Drag Tracker used for something like delayer, dampener or just to give a physic properties. You pair the parent node to the moving part, then the child node will follow behind but at slower pace. Very nice to use in .
IK Anchor is convenient for animating bcs it gives you a direct access of most core bones for animating character e.g. Torso (Neck02), Hips (Hips), Waist (Kosi02), Hands and Legs. So you just need to use these items for animating instead using IK dataset.
Hijack Neck and Hijack Look for overriding the direction of neck and eyes.

There are alot of them, so you can try them one by one.
If you dont know how it supposed to works, try read the guide at .

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kaseijin

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
ok so the thing is....its already disabed for me, so i wanted to see it, so i enabled it.....but i cant see anything....
is there someting wrong with my software?
They this scene then. You should see alot View attachment 2634317
Just giving my thought here.
Gimmick Icon are visible in the scene image. So if it was toggled on when the author saving the scene, there are should be some white circle in the image. But it's not present.

EDIT : Just tried loading it. It's toggled off.

Last edited:

gl00wa

Oct 18, 2017
What scene are you trying to "take an item from?" I can try to draft up a picture guide to show you
It's a female chastity belt. In studio it shows up in items when i search, but i didnt find it in any category (be it clothing or accessories) in the base game. I found there are i think 3 different ones showing up in studio, but are absent in game.

Don't know if its even possible to have it in game without actualling modding, just wanted to ask if at all possible :)

richman1975

Aug 24, 2020
This may be a dumb question. Does anybody know how to translate the numbers for "breasts" into real bust sizes? Or do you just kinda guess?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
This may be a dumb question. Does anybody know how to translate the numbers for "breasts" into real bust sizes? Or do you just kinda guess?
I use the Body Measurements plug in. I don't know how lifelike it is but I like the results.

Any card for a real world person I download or create I then adjust to fit their actual height, measurements & bust size (most are available online).

richman1975

Aug 24, 2020
I use the Body Measurements plug in. I don't know how lifelike it is but I like the results.

Any card for a real world person I download or create I then adjust to fit their actual height, measurements & bust size (most are available online).
Sweet thank you so much. I didn't know about this plugin. Thanks.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
View attachment 2644643
What do these do? I can't really see a difference when selected so I guess it changes the breasts behavior maybe?
I've been meaning to ask as well. I've tried a few variations and thought maybe pose 18 jumping up and down might show different results with and without selection. I can't see a difference. The only thing I see different is when I select one of the prosthetic options there is a slight shimmering in the skin around the breasts. I don't seee a difference in their size of movement.
I do need to get my eyes checked so maybe there is something there that I'm just not seeing.

Reactions: genericNeet

richman1975

Aug 24, 2020
Another dumb question I saw a tutorial on youtube where the person had a picture of the person they were trying to recreate in the bottom corner of the Charater maker. How do I do this? I have tried windowed mode and put the picture there but as soon as I click on something the picture disappears. Any help would be appreciated thanks.
From this video. .

Last edited:

Frankyar

Feb 22, 2021
Nevermind. Somebody told me that they probably added the picture into the youtube video. Oh well off to try it the hard way.
What I usually use to leave a reference image on the Character Creation screen is "Power Toys" a combo of windows utilities, among them there is one that allows you to set a window in the foreground.

Spannung23

Feb 10, 2021
Hello, i have two questions and it really would be nice if someone could look over it.

1. The broken cloth function in the Studio seems to be faulty, since i can only select only completely broken if i put the slider just a pixel to the right. Also putting the number doesn't work either. Do other people have the problems as well?
2. Is there a possibility to save a set of overlays so they can be used for different characters? Right now i have five versions for every character i want to use, to prepare the overlays.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hi, i have a strange problem.
I downloaded a character from cunihinx and when i go into the creation editor to apply lipstick or makeup, it isn't in the right place.
Is this the geometry. I mean can i fix it?
It's just such a lovely character.

2023-05-24 18_22_45-HS2_2023-05-24-18-15-34-726.png  -  FastStone Image Viewer 7.7.jpg 2023-05-24 18_23_18-HS2_2023-05-24-18-16-26-833.png  -  FastStone Image Viewer 7.7.jpg

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote