Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hi, i have a strange problem.
I downloaded a character from cunihinx and when i go into the creation editor to apply lipstick or makeup, it isn't in the right place.
Is this the geometry. I mean can i fix it?
It's just such a lovely character.

View attachment 2647074 View attachment 2647076
This means the makeup you are applying is meant for a different head type. The character's head type is not compatible with the makeup you are applying.

This is a relatively frequent issue with custom heads.

If you want to keep using this particular head you have to make custom makeup, here is how-to:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-7848586

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

akpwow

Aug 31, 2018
Hi I have a question
My pose list from kinematics is gone (ss attached)
I've already restart the studio but the list still nowhere to found
Can someone help me?
thx

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Hi I have a question
My pose list from kinematics is gone (ss attached)
I've already restart the studio but the list still nowhere to found
Can someone help me?
thx
Check your pose folder: ...\HS2\UserData\Studio\pose to see if the files are still there.

zombietao

Apr 14, 2023
Hi all,
I have a problem that has been bugging me for a while.
While my main game runs just fine, studio neo v2 just refuses to launch suddenly after initial loading.
In the console there is the error message in red:

[Error : Unity Log] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: [0, ItemList_00_6969_22]
Stack trace:
System.Collections.Generic.TreeSet`1[T].AddIfNotPresent (T item) (at <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.SortedSet`1[T].Add (T item) (at <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0)
Studio.Info+<LoadItemLoadInfoCoroutine>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () (at <fc5e30ac19c548aaa1879eb2a5c1c7cc>:0)
IllusionFixes.StudioOptimizations.RunCoroutineImmediately (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator) (at <be25d2c50178408498c7fd6e460b60f3>:0)
IllusionFixes.StudioOptimizations.RunCoroutineImmediately (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator) (at <be25d2c50178408498c7fd6e460b60f3>:0)
IllusionFixes.StudioOptimizations+<FastLoadCoroutine>d__14.MoveNext () (at <be25d2c50178408498c7fd6e460b60f3>:0)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <0a7d89e4511e4bdeb215f76ca00fd04e>:0)

I have been trying to find any info relating to this for couple months but no luck.
Please, help.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This means the makeup you are applying is meant for a different head type. The character's head type is not compatible with the makeup you are applying.

If you want to keep using this particular head you have to make custom makeup, here is how-to:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion-hs2-studio-neo-chara-maker-help-guides-thread.66252/post-7848586
Aha. I noticed that there head mods. I think i like the character as i am not probably as talented to make a similar character.
I will check the link and do the makeup.

p.s. When i opened the character editor to create a character, there were suggestions on the left side for random characters or just take on thats there.
So i did that, i have no idea where they from. Weren't mine that i downloaded.
The character i picked, the eyes didn't fit. Now i know, that this character had probably also a custom head.
But i wonder, with AI and all, if you can create a character out of some images and imported in to the editor. I will try to make on on my own to see if i can get a character like the one in my example. I usually look for average character and not super models. This isn't really easy to find actually.
If i don't make it, i will stick to that character and work with Krita. Not as convinced of course but doable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepheyer

Spannung23

Feb 10, 2021
Okay i see now the point with the collision, but how can i use them? If i try to make the collision area bigger, nothing happens.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021

Just to confirm.
The author wrote it in his doc. It doesn't work with the standard so you have to use other means like the one you mentioned.
Funny thing is, that these custom ones are in my game for some reason. I didn't download them when going into the creator.
But, i am happy now.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Okay i see now the point with the collision, but how can i use them? If i try to make the collision area bigger, nothing happens.
You have to use Better Penetration Uncensor on the girl. Well you can just change it directly in the Studio, but it wont take immediate effect. So you have to save and reload the scene first.
That uncensor give the character some Dynamic Bones that interact with Collider.
The older BP4 has more variants but the collision effect isnt as good as BP5 (especially at the vag opening area, BP4 looks abit blocky). BP5 also affecting Butthole while BP4 doesnt. So you can just put collider in the Abdomen 3 in the Character Tree and boom the butthole will expand (but it has limit and since it sits directly behind vag, the vag might behaves weirdly).
It also applies with the vag, you might want to set the collider's diameter moderately bcs the vag opening will look weird if you set it too high.

After you spawned Dynamic Bone Collider, you can set the diameter and height in HS2PE Adv.
Also here is some advice from me regarding Dynamic Bone Collider.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I have two more question where i didn't find really an answer.
1) can you reset poses?
2) can you add mesh lights? Some rooms don't have emissive lights and look strange for nights.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I have two more question where i didn't find really an answer.
1) can you reset poses?
2) can you add mesh lights? Some rooms don't have emissive lights and look strange for nights.
1. If you meant resetting a pose to the base pose after some tinkering in FK and IK, yes.
For example, you're using T Pose as the base and you rotated the arm, now you want to reset the pose back to original T Pose.

2. You can use basic transparent shape. Change the Emissive Power (I dont remember the property name, but it should be something like that) and Emissive Color in the Material Editor. It only give the emissive look, so you still need to position a light there.
For example, you want to make tube lamp. Use transparent cylinder, change the properties in the ME. Then add a light (either Point Light or wide angled Spotlight. Parent the light to the cylinder and set the direction.
It's not a best solution (especially for something like tube lamp), but I find it as good enough if you have nice looking bloom graphic preset.

So if you're using a map, you might want to hide the original lamp and replace with the one you made.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi all,
I have a problem that has been bugging me for a while.
While my main game runs just fine, studio neo v2 just refuses to launch suddenly after initial loading.
In the console there is the error message in red:

[Error : Unity Log] ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. Key: [0, ItemList_00_6969_22]
Stack trace:
System.Collections.Generic.TreeSet`1[T].AddIfNotPresent (T item) (at <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.SortedSet`1[T].Add (T item) (at <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0)
System.Collections.Generic.SortedDictionary`2[TKey,TValue].Add (TKey key, TValue value) (at <ac210d81537245bc838518cc8e845861>:0)
Studio.Info+<LoadItemLoadInfoCoroutine>c__Iterator1.MoveNext () (at <fc5e30ac19c548aaa1879eb2a5c1c7cc>:0)
IllusionFixes.StudioOptimizations+<FastLoadCoroutine>d__14.MoveNext () (at <be25d2c50178408498c7fd6e460b60f3>:0)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <0a7d89e4511e4bdeb215f76ca00fd04e>:0)

I have been trying to find any info relating to this for couple months but no luck.
Please, help.
I think its better to ask this at Discord server since most modder and tech support are there.
Sometimes I saw someone sending logfile here and there at help channel.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
1. If you meant resetting a pose to the base pose after some tinkering in FK and IK, yes.
For example, you're using T Pose as the base and you rotated the arm, now you want to reset the pose back to original T Pose.

2. You can use basic transparent shape. Change the Emissive Power (I dont remember the property name, but it should be something like that) and Emissive Color in the Material Editor. It only give the emissive look, so you still need to position a light there.
For example, you want to make tube lamp. Use transparent cylinder, change the properties in the ME. Then add a light (either Point Light or wide angled Spotlight. Parent the light to the cylinder and set the direction.
It's not a best solution (especially for something like tube lamp), but I find it as good enough if you have nice looking bloom graphic preset.

So if you're using a map, you might want to hide the original lamp and replace with the one you made.
1) Well, i noticed if i am using an animation, character seems to get stuck in that animation. But in general, i was looking for a way to reset it. On the other hand, to delete and load the character with copying the transformation works fine too.

2) I did not know that. It sounds like DAZ. Though, i am still learning this engine, i haven't found a way to edit a map. For example, Jill Apartment. It's rather dull when you want to make a night scene. No lights that emit some light. Same for the Japanese Street.
Some maps have emissive lights build in.
Stupid question. Where do i find the primitives? Is that just an item i am adding? I just found out that in items, there are also some maps. It's getting confusing really quick.

I had to go back to LavaLamp22 to get me some cubelights. Another thing i learned. Overall, i find working with HS2 really fun and fast. Unlike DAZ. OK, not as detailed but still good enough.

Thanks for the reply. :)

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
1) You have two types of animations: loops and animations that end in a certain pose. To reset the latter, you can press the "reset" button in the window where you adjust the animation speed. If you want to keep a character in a certain still position, you can set the animation speed to zero with the slider.

2) You can disable lights and objects on maps with MapController.dll. That plugin adds a "map" button on the left of your interface. Doesn't work on a lot of maps though.
Got to look into that. Maps are a new thing for me. It's highly unexplored.
I still can get my head around that whatever is in a png file, can be loaded. Like magic.

For the reset. Yes, i think i notice it when i stopped an animation and then it kind of is stuck in that position no matter what i load after. But it can be also a newbie thing because everything is so new. :)

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I just found out that in items, there are also some maps. It's getting confusing really quick.
Yes you can find some there too.
AFAIK, map as item doesnt give you lighting and abit harder to work on. But you can move and rotate them as you please.
In normal map, some of them give you lighting and you can toggle items on/off in Map Controller plugin. But you cant move nor rotate the map, so you have to move your whole working area around.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Yes you can find some there too.
AFAIK, map as item doesnt give you lighting and abit harder to work on. But you can move and rotate them as you please.
In normal map, some of them give you lighting and you can toggle items on/off in Map Controller plugin. But you cant move nor rotate the map, so you have to move your whole working area around.
Just as you mentioned it.
I went to the discord from Illusion and thought, wow i can download some maps. Turns out, there are all already in the repack. So, it wasn't necessary. I am not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing but a lot are DAZ maps.
What i was looking for is something dirty, rundown. Jills Apartment comes close. Messy. Though i am not sure if there are actually people making maps specifically for HS2.
What i find cool is that you mix and match. For example you can make a great flood scene with items.
I will work on that light thing.
Another aspect which is a pro for me is, you can stuff lots of chara's in your scene. Unlike DAZ, it's relatively easy on the system.

This isn't really on topic but i wonder if you can use the engine to make your own game. Reason for me are the traits of the characters. Though i haven't found a manual on that yet.

Anyway, thank you so much. Keyword, Map Controll. :)

• Wow
Reactions: Kaseijin
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote