Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Though i am not sure if there are actually people making maps specifically for HS2.
I'm not sure whether this guy make a map or port it from DAZ, maybe is the one. Not all of his mods are free as you can find them at Discord server but most of them are gorgeous.
The other one is , he's porting not only map but some of his map are pretty good.
I think only those two who always post a free map in the Discord.

This isn't really on topic but i wonder if you can use the engine to make your own game. Reason for me are the traits of the characters. Though i haven't found a manual on that yet.
Maybe VNGE. AFAIK it capable running your own phyton code. It's a plugin that can be used to make animation and more convenient features. I'm more leaning toward the animation side and most people find it hard to use and using Timeline instead.
VNGE is included in the repack, but it's not pre-installed. You can find it in the folder with [Optional] in the root folder, not to be confused with Optional Studio Sideloader Modpack. But it's not the latest version, so you might want to it.
I think you will find it hard to learn as no one really using it or using it specially. Resulting its unlikely you will be answered if you asked in the Discord, but you can ask for in-depth question. He's a contributor in VNGE project.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I'm not sure whether this guy make a map or port it from DAZ, maybe is the one. Not all of his mods are free as you can find them at Discord server but most of them are gorgeous.
The other one is , he's porting not only map but some of his map are pretty good.
I think only those two who always post a free map in the Discord.

Maybe VNGE. AFAIK it capable running your own phyton code. It's a plugin that can be used to make animation and more convenient features. I'm more leaning toward the animation side and most people find it hard to use and using Timeline instead.
VNGE is included in the repack, but it's not pre-installed. You can find it in the folder with [Optional] in the root folder, not to be confused with Optional Studio Sideloader Modpack. But it's not the latest version, so you might want to it.
I think you will find it hard to learn as no one really using it or using it specially. Resulting its unlikely you will be answered if you asked in the Discord, but you can ask for in-depth question. He's a contributor in VNGE project.
A number of people use VNGE. Check out some of the scens created by Daggoth and Kaseljin among others for what can be done,
They aren't really games as such. More multiple scenes some of which include animation.

There is someone who posts on Yuki Portal who actually creates games using VNGE. Their name escapes me at the moment but I will try and find it then post it later.

This is who I was referrring to. Not all of their posts are games but they have done quite a few

These games are often turn-based and involve choices and chance. I haven't studied the mechanics of them.

I found this one and the one that looks like they are characters in a board game interesting (especially with my own characters)

Hope it helps

Last edited:
Reactions: Sepheyer

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
A number of people use VNGE. Check out some of the scens created by Daggoth and Kaseljin among others for what can be done,
They aren't really games as such. More multiple scenes some of which include animation.

There is someone who posts on Yuki Portal who actually creates games using VNGE. Their name escapes me at the moment but I will try and find it then post it later.

This is who I was referrring to. Not all of their posts are games but they have done quite a few

These games are often turn-based and involve choices and chance. I haven't studied the mechanics of them.

I found this one and the one that looks like they are characters in a board game interesting (especially with my own characters)

Hope it helps
Thanks alot Velcro, I shouldnt have write it as 'no one using it'. Should have 'not many people using it'. Bcs I rarely find people talk about it in the Discord help channel so I had to join the VNGE server and ask there. It's kinda dead server though but countd360 answered it once in few days.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks alot Velcro, I shouldnt have write it as 'no one using it'. Should have 'not many people using it'. Bcs I rarely find people talk about it in the Discord help channel so I had to join the VNGE server and ask there. It's kinda dead server though but countd360 answered it once in few days.
I didn't know they had separate servers.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I think my problem was always to find the fitting apartment. They mostly look super clean but what i want to show is more of a rundown/poor experience.
Of course i could maybe make them myself but i found it is really hard to do and very time consuming.
So far i haven't found a fitting apartment besides some rooms that are what i am looking for. Like Jill. But i am sure it's used a lot.
But then again, i haven't even really checked the item section where some maps are.

As for VNGE. Mm.. i think it looks like short clips of sort.
I think i like a story with choices. So i probably will use either RenPy or Unity (though i never actually looked into it).

I need to find some more male poses. For some reason, there are some empty folders for poses.
Otherwise i am actually happy. I have found some information of VNGE on discord. There is also a video so i will check that out and see if its for me.

Thank you

Reactions: Velcrofly

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Mm.. there is one thing i wanted to ask. When i am in the character editor, there are samples for the head and body, but most of them are just blank with the wording "do not use, load first" or something like that.
Where are they located actually? Does this connect maybe to a server?

Also, there are poses but when i go in them, there seems to be no pose available. I installed every optional in the mymods folder. All there is the folder but no poses. I think there are also not a lot of male poses. I assume it's like with DAZ where you have millions of female poses but only a handful of male poses. So i have to create them i suppose.

btw. how large should be the HDD? The download alone takes already 400GB. I feel my drive is too small.

Last edited:

Dr.WitcherGt

Dec 20, 2021
Hi
I have a little problem with mods.
Do any of you know where I can get them?
I found some but I can't find these mods:
  • K1T0-K1TN : K1TO-K1TN UHD Body 3 curvy Build
  • sjjpl : sjjpl_yztop50
  • XeyNiu : [XeyNiu] HS2Alc014 Nanami{DoAXVV}
  • milk217 : milk217b023
  • com.3dh9527.newbodystocking.X3
  • K007
  • debal.tifa.wallmarkt
  • com.sp.MidnightAcc
  • DALI_DVA
  • hs2_chunli
  • <not set>
  • Osland : Stella approved Mini Bags
  • Andy.PHlinn
  • Andy.Aqi
  • mdgq.nikki72
If anyone knows anything please help

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Kaseijin

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Hi
  • K007
  • debal.tifa.wallmarkt
  • com.sp.MidnightAcc
  • DALI_DVA
  • hs2_chunli
  • <not set>
  • Andy.PHlinn
  • Andy.Aqi
  • mdgq.nikki72
Strange mods, I just have one fo them, there ya have:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Mm.. there is one thing i wanted to ask. When i am in the character editor, there are samples for the head and body, but most of them are just blank with the wording "do not use, load first" or something like that.
Where are they located actually? Does this connect maybe to a server?
I think youre talking about the head type or hair with "do not use, use card" thumbnail.
This kind of items can only be used in specific card that other creator makes.
For example, 2B from Nier Automata card, Momiji from Ninja Gaiden etc.
Many people trying to port them into this game, thats why you will find many anime/game character's hair, head, clothing and accessories.
Usually clothing and accessories can be used as is, but head and hair are different story.

Also, there are poses but when i go in them, there seems to be no pose available. I installed every optional in the mymods folder. All there is the folder but no poses. I think there are also not a lot of male poses. I assume it's like with DAZ where you have millions of female poses but only a handful of male poses. So i have to create them i suppose.
Poses are stored in /Userdata/Studio/Pose.
Yes you're close, there are more female pose than male one and if you cant find the pose you like, you have to make them.

btw. how large should be the HDD? The download alone takes already 400GB. I feel my drive is too small.
My client takes up around 250GB.
You might want to move it to SSD tbh.
The biggest portion is Studio items.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I think youre talking about the head type or hair with "do not use, use card" thumbnail.
This kind of items can only be used in specific card that other creator makes.
For example, 2B from Nier Automata card, Momiji from Ninja Gaiden etc.
Many people trying to port them into this game, thats why you will find many anime/game character's hair, head, clothing and accessories.
Usually clothing and accessories can be used as is, but head and hair are different story.

Poses are stored in /Userdata/Studio/Pose.
Yes you're close, there are more female pose than male one and if you cant find the pose you like, you have to make them.

My client takes up around 250GB.
You might want to move it to SSD tbh.
The biggest portion is Studio items.
Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying.
I thought these cards missing something. :)

As for poses. Yes, i kind of hope for some cropping poses. It's not a problem it just takes always a long time to make poses. I know from DAZ but that's ok.
I tend to use animations at the moment. Freezing the poses, taking a shot. Though i noticed that female/male animations sometimes don't really align. Glad i am not making animations.

As for space, i am already here. SSD. Though when i check the installation on my 700 GB partition, the game already takes 450GB. That's just really the install with everything. It's a beast.
It's fun playing around with it. I really like it. I think i said it before but for sacrificing details like you can with DAZ, the renders are super fast. This takes a lot of delay out of the picture.
Now, for some reason my graphics mode doesn't work. It appeared double. I am not using DDH which looks nice actually.

I still have to learn a lot, like with every new toy you get.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Though i noticed that female/male animations sometimes don't really align.
Not aligned is usually an issue in height difference
Have you tried change the 3rd and/or 4th slider in animation menu?
The same window that set the animation speed and resetting it.
If the height difference isnt that much, usually changing that slider will solve it.

Now, for some reason my graphics mode doesn't work. It appeared double. I am not using DDH which looks nice actually.
You mean when taking rendered screenshoot (F11)?
Can you share the result? I'm not really an expert at that area, but I saw some people talked about it here before.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hi
  • K007
  • debal.tifa.wallmarkt
  • com.sp.MidnightAcc
  • DALI_DVA
  • hs2_chunli
  • <not set>
  • Andy.PHlinn
  • Andy.Aqi
  • mdgq.nikki72
You sure those are not paid mods?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I don't know. I can't find them so I can't tell
From the list of mods you're looking for, are you looking for a mods for certain character cards?
Like you downloaded a card from certain source but when you loaded it, you were told that you are missing the mods you listed.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I recently started getting messages in Character Maker that I was missing Mods that I defintely have. Does anyone have a view as to what would cause this and how I can resolve it?
It doesn't happen on all cards but it happened on a few. It was clear that the Mod wasn't being found as some of them were face / head mods. I tried reloading the cards in question and teh same problem continued.
Having opened the cards I manually pointed to the relevant face / makeup etc which seemed to work, proving the Mod was in the game, just not being associated with the card on opening.
With one exception they weren't new cards or Mods. I've had them for a while. Just not done anything with them. The only new one was a new card that should have used the same face Mod that wasn't being found by another card. Again, it failed to find it.
Any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous2019

Nov 22, 2019
1) i keep getting a meesage that im missing item...where can i find it?
i scoured the internet to no avail...:(
2) sqkk ggxl this also i cant find....

Last edited:

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Not aligned is usually an issue in height difference
Have you tried change the 3rd and/or 4th slider in animation menu?
The same window that set the animation speed and resetting it.
If the height difference isnt that much, usually changing that slider will solve it.

You mean when taking rendered screenshoot (F11)?
Can you share the result? I'm not really an expert at that area, but I saw some people talked about it here before.
For the animation, i have to try that. But of course i made the female a little shorter. She is about 1,63m height.
Anyway, i will try the suggested slider first.

Here is an image of the screen when you start the init.
2023-05-29 08_37_01-IllusionLaunchers.jpg

I have to add that i changed the location of the game. I used to have it on D but its now on E. Because its so large.
The strange thing is, i unzip it like before. But i did notice that the game saves some files on the C drive. So i deleted them.
But still....
Actually, it works now. Strange. When selecting just one of them (before both were selected) it works. I don't understand it really but both are shown in the menu.

2023-05-29 08_52_47-StudioNEOV2.jpg
HS2_2023-05-29-08-53-25-170.png
I got that scene from here.

Use it at your own risk.

2023-05-29 08_46_13-This PC.jpg 2023-05-29 08_46_26-misc (E_).jpg
Look at that size. Wow...
This is just this game. It's larger than my DAZ installation. lol

Anyway, i can't get into the graphics menu when pressing F5. Rendering with DDH works fine. The "p" key is working. Also F11 which renders fine. I just can't make any adjustments when going in graphicsmod.

Btw. I moved the optional mods to the "mymods" folder as suggested in the FAQ.
I ran also a dupe check with DupeGuru and it seems that the Vible poses are double.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Look at that size. Wow...
This is just this game. It's larger than my DAZ installation. lol
Yea that's the normal size imo.
Mine also around that size.

Anyway, i can't get into the graphics menu when pressing F5. Rendering with DDH works fine. The "p" key is working. Also F11 which renders fine. I just can't make any adjustments when going in graphicsmod.
You can only activate either DHH or Graphic Mod.
DHH usually for performance and Graphic for the quality.
Graphic also supports SSS that needed for Hanmen's Next Gen Skin Shader.

Btw. I moved the optional mods to the "mymods" folder as suggested in the FAQ.
The mods inside /Mods/MyMods should be the mods that you procured by yourself. Either its paid or something not included in the repack.
It doesnt really matter actually if you dont update the mode using updater program like KKManager or BDSM (like me :whistle:).
Updater here works by syncing your mod directory with this . So if you put the Sideloader mods in /MyMods, you will be asked to redownload it again because the updater can't find the mods in the folder where it should be.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote