Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ArthEim

May 10, 2021
Hi, can we have the advanced mod on scene H
because there are certain poses like (doggy) where the ass of the female character does not move

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
Depression on both sides of the hip.
I am using R13 studio, the hip area is fine after you load your nude character in default position.
But if you rotate your character 180 degrees forward and backward, you'll see depression(sunken) on both side of the hip…
I tried to use other default characters or other uncensors but they didn't work.
This bug can cause a hip flashing effect and give you a bad experience when you are using mmdd to make the character dance.
Anybody knows how to fix this?

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Depression on both sides of the hip.
I am using R13 studio, the hip area is fine after you load your nude character in default position.
But if you rotate your character 180 degrees forward and backward, you'll see depression(sunken) on both side of the hip…
I tried to use other default characters or other uncensors but they didn't work.
This bug can cause a hip flashing effect and give you a bad experience when you are using mmdd to make the character dance.
Anybody knows how to fix this?
AFAIK its something that has been around for a long time. It's not really a bug. Either the IK bone position are bad and/or joint correction being dumb.
Especially between Shoulder and ArmUp bone. Also between Kosi and LegUp bones.
You can try tweaking the bones in HS2PE Adv. by giving it some rotation or move/animate elbow or knee IK and see if the issue is gone. Or just don't use too extreme pose to confuse the program. Make the character moves humanely.

The MMD experience you said are should be non-existent if you play the scene using the character included. Because that flickering issue should have accounted by scene creator. So it might happened because you replaced the character with yours.
I'm not saying you shouldn't replace the character. You have every right to replace it. But you still need to do a fine tune after replacing.
It's something you will always face when making animation in Studio. I've been using Studio to make animation for a 4 years and sometimes I still got that issue. IMO it's even more likely to happen if you're making elaborate animation.

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
AFAIK its something that has been around for a long time. It's not really a bug. Either the IK bone position are bad and/or joint correction being dumb.
Especially between Shoulder and ArmUp bone. Also between Kosi and LegUp bones.
You can try tweaking the bones in HS2PE Adv. by giving it some rotation or move/animate elbow or knee IK and see if the issue is gone. Or just don't use too extreme pose to confuse the program. Make the character moves humanely.

The MMD experience you said are should be non-existent if you play the scene using the character included. Because that flickering issue should have accounted by scene creator. So it might happened because you replaced the character with yours.
I'm not saying you shouldn't replace the character. You have every right to replace it. But you still need to do a fine tune after replacing.
It's something you will always face when making animation in Studio. I've been using Studio to make animation for a 4 years and sometimes I still got that issue. IMO it's even more likely to happen if you're making elaborate animation.
I tried to use default characters that came with HS2, the issues above still happened. Also no matter if I change the uncensor or not.
I asked a player i know about this, he said he didn't have this issue. I am wondering if it is a plugin issue or linked with the game version? Because he is not using the BetterRepack R13 that I am using.
1695991904974.png
This screenshot above is from other players not using R13 version. The hip area is covered by a transparent skirt or something, but it is obviously depressed. And the bottom left cornor shows that this character is rotated 180 degrees front and back.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
I tried to use default characters that came with HS2, the issues above still happened. Also no matter if I change the uncensor or not.
I asked a player i know about this, he said he didn't have this issue. I am wondering if it is a plugin issue or linked with the game version? Because he is not using the BetterRepack R13 that I am using.
View attachment 2966244
This screenshot above is from other players not using R13 version. The hip area is covered by a transparent skirt or something, but it is obviously depressed. And the bottom left cornor shows that this character is rotated 180 degrees front and back.
Yes I understand what you meant. It's not something that caused by uncensor.
It's something that has been around since ages ago. And there is no fix for that.
But it's not something you should worry about. It will gone by the time your scene is finished.
The main cause of that sunken waist are leg bones. It will gone if you pose your character properly.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

PinkDaizy

May 6, 2023
Does someone know if it's possible to increase the size of the plugin UI? Not the game UI, that is already large enough. I mean the dialogs and controls of the plugins. They look fine on 1080p and 1440p, but on 4K they are so tiny, they become unusable.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Does someone know if it's possible to increase the size of the plugin UI? Not the game UI, that is already large enough. I mean the dialogs and controls of the plugins. They look fine on 1080p and 1440p, but on 4K they are so tiny, they become unusable.
Pretty sure you can't

• Sad
Reactions: PinkDaizy

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Pretty sure you can't
some of the plugins have settings that allow you to do this (I think Clip Manager for example?) but I don't think there's a solution for the others

RougeComet

Oct 3, 2022
In order to solve the previous 180-degree problem, I chose to rotate the y-axis of the character and scene 90 degrees.

This can solve the problem of sunken hip, but sometimes the leg dance motion will stutter (I used moka's solo "TOUGEN RENKA" motion, and the character's leg motion will lose frames after starting to play (there was the problem of hip sunken before this happened, but the dance motion was silky smooth).

I haven’t figured out the direct cause of this problem yet. Its current state is like Schrödinger’s cat.

In the saved original scene which plays dance motion smoothly (including this used character, made from an empty scene without this character):

1. Directly rotate the character and the camera 90 degrees (without rotating the scene), there is no leg dance motion stutter.

2. Then continue to rotate the scene 90 degrees, no stutter either.

3. Save this scene and then reload it, there is a significant frame loss in leg dance motion.

4. Reload a new empty scene (excluding characters), load the characters, and rotate them 90 degrees. During this period, vnge and mmdd were not used, play the motion and frames were dropped on the legs.

5. Repeat step 4, but do not rotate 90 degrees, no stutter happened.

In all the above situations, the game fps is normal. It is just the simple leg dance movements that drop frames and look stuttering. The Tougen Renka leg motion will drop frames after the character starting to take steps in the beginning of the song (it's quite obvious to notice).

Can anyone try to reproduce this problem?

The motion used is this:

The download password is peach.

akumakazama

Oct 19, 2022
I think the height mod crapped out. fyi still using BR12. Any other way to even out character heights so they aren't wonky doing renders

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
Hey guys, have an issue with a known problem, the visible seam between the neck and the head. I have a youtube video that explains how to solve it, the only problem is from his video in the character creator in the main game the seam is very visible, yet in my main game the seam is actually hard to see, regardless of light angle. I load up Studio however and the seam becomes very prominent.
After some testing I noticed it's the body that changes colour, not the head. I managed to glitch it a little where I could get the body to change back to a colour that matched the head when I moved the camera a little bit closer but I can't duplicate it.
I tried both graphics plugin and DHH but both have no real affect on the discolouration.
I could change the head material in studio but then I'd have to do it for every new scene.
Any ideas what's happening?
Images attached.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Hey guys, have an issue with a known problem, the visible seam between the neck and the head. I have a youtube video that explains how to solve it, the only problem is from his video in the character creator in the main game the seam is very visible, yet in my main game the seam is actually hard to see, regardless of light angle. I load up Studio however and the seam becomes very prominent.
After some testing I noticed it's the body that changes colour, not the head. I managed to glitch it a little where I could get the body to change back to a colour that matched the head when I moved the camera a little bit closer but I can't duplicate it.
I tried both graphics plugin and DHH but both have no real affect on the discolouration.
I could change the head material in studio but then I'd have to do it for every new scene.
Images attached.
Either body and head shader is mixed up or body's skin and head's skin type mixed up.
Most likely the skin type. Some skin type are very lightly colored. That makes it incompatible with others.
Or if you're okay with it, please post the character card in question here.

Kaseijin

Jul 9, 2022
Images attached.
Hi!
In my experience the problem is some skin types that make the neck seam be more visible, switching to another skin type, both body and face, seems to make the issue less obvious.
Also there are some maps that make even more visible that neckseam, I've tested some of my girls in different scenarios and some of them seems to be too much "makeup" and it nearly impossible to solve that.
As far as I know, Hanmen's new skins shaders are working in any light condition, I guess the neck seam issue is a problem that we have to live with, I've seen that in other graphic motors, even videogames.

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
Heard of Hanmen's skin but not sure how to get it to work, assuming it came with the repack (I have v10). I selected the hanmen skin in studio and the skin just turns black.
Regarding the current skin textures I'm using the AIT/True Skin and AIT/True Skin face so they should be compatible.
I think it really is just the lighting issue as Kasejin states, it definately is a map issue as if I load the characters without a map it's harder to see the seam.
At the moment I have to change the transAmbient material body setting but even then depending on the lighting the seam can become more visible again.
Attached my character.

AmaNo04

Jul 6, 2020
Definitely not correlated with the issue, but it's better to upgrade your pack to v13.
Heard of Hanmen's skin but not sure how to get it to work, assuming it came with the repack (I have v10). I selected the hanmen skin in studio and the skin just turns black.
Regarding the current skin textures I'm using the AIT/True Skin and AIT/True Skin face so they should be compatible.
The skin texture you meant are shader.
Hanmen's Next Gen Skin Shader can only be used in Graphic Mod with SSS activated. If not, the character's skin will turn black or gray depending the issue.
IIRC it will turn gray if you are using Hanmen's shader but not activating the SSS meanwhile it will turn black if you are loading a character that using the shader but you don't have it. Please CMIIW.

The skin type I meant are the one you can select in the Chara Maker.
It's in the second tab. Head and Body's skin are different so you can kind of mix them up creatively. But some skin types are not suitable to be mixed. IIRC Pogskin type are whiter than normal skin.

I think it really is just the lighting issue as Kasejin states, it definately is a map issue as if I load the characters without a map it's harder to see the seam.
That might be the case too.
Here is my issue back then and here is the workaround I did.

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
Definitely not correlated with the issue, but it's better to upgrade your pack to v13.

The skin texture you meant are shader.
Hanmen's Next Gen Skin Shader can only be used in Graphic Mod with SSS activated. If not, the character's skin will turn black or gray depending the issue.
IIRC it will turn gray if you are using Hanmen's shader but not activating the SSS meanwhile it will turn black if you are loading a character that using the shader but you don't have it. Please CMIIW.

The skin type I meant are the one you can select in the Chara Maker.
It's in the second tab. Head and Body's skin are different so you can kind of mix them up creatively. But some skin types are not suitable to be mixed. IIRC Pogskin type are whiter than normal skin.

That might be the case too.
Here is my issue back then and here is the workaround I did.
Thanks for the info
About the head/body type, I just checked and I never changed them, all at type 1.
Though I think it really is just the lighting which means I have to play around with it. Though I'm not sure why the lighting should be different for the body and the head.
Out of curiosity, does anyone know what's happening?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote