Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

fajnykolo

Dec 14, 2018
Suddenly executable file .exe of StudioNeo has disappered. Could anyone share it to me? Don't wanna download whole game again.

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
This might be a dumb question, but how do you change eyebrow color in the character maker? I cannot seem to find the option anywhere.
you can find it if you select the "face" icon from top left then go to "eyebrow type">then select the color tab.

Suddenly executable file .exe of StudioNeo has disappered. Could anyone share it to me? Don't wanna download whole game again.
i know you posted this last week and i hope you found one. but it depends on what version of the repack you have, please don't use other version .exe to avoid further errors. also please exclude your game folder from antivirus scanning so this will not happen again.

hun hunter

Dec 30, 2018
it has been asked on the other thread so i thought ill add it here to guides as a reference for everybody.

[Guide] how to use joan's projectors and edit them using rerender:

projectors are materials that you can project over objects using a special shader, it is similar to overlay textures and they can apply to anything they interact with.

for a demonstration, first go to add>item>models>general and load a couple of simple objects like a cube and a sphere then place them in front of each other, then go to add>item>2d effects>scene effects> and load the first joan's projector (they should start with "[j694]") then arrange everything to something similar to this:

this should help you get a better idea of what they are. but as you can see, the projector's texture is using a dummy as an example and we are going to change it using the "rerender" plugin.

so in general, "rerender" is plugin similar to "material editor" that allows you to change object materials and settings, open it by selecting an object from work space then (contorl+R).

next select the projector from the work space and when the plugin menu is up, first turn on the "include shaders" checkbox, then click on the object part you wish to edit on the "target" sub menu to the right then click it's instance name on the "materials" sub menu.

now you will be able to view all that object materials if you scroll down through, now to be able to change any texture using rerender in general you will have to click on that texture thumb to open the "texture selector" side menu then select a texture you desire from the scroll down list, but first you have to put all textures you wish to use in a specific folder (gamefolder\BepInEx\plugins\RendererEditor\Textures), then it will appear in the texture list.

when you successfully replace the texture that you added to that folder, the projector will now project that image instead.

and you are done. rerender will also allow you to edit both the texture image's properties and how they will appear, you can access those setting by clicking on the "properties" button under a texture on the "texture selector". you can also change the projectors's and texture's offset properties from the plugin menu.

but there is more to it, not all projector items are the same, each one uses a different shader for render and blending. if you hover over joan's projector items on list you will notice that the name is followed by a type name. ex. "[j694]projector multiply (map)" means that this projector has a "multiply" projection blend type and it only effects maps and studio items.

there are four main types and three targets (all, chara alone, map alone). the four blending types are:

• Blend: classic alpha blend, the projected texture replaces gradually the texture below according to its alpha channel.
  • Add: the projected color is added to the color below (making things very bright).
  • Multiply: the best one in my opinion, the projected color multiplies the color below.
  • Sub: the projected color is subtracted from the color below.
depending on how do you want things to be done select the one more suitable for the job, and don't forget to load the correct projector type before you do any edits as you cant change that afterwards.

more info about joan's projector items can be found here:

rerender:

-----------------------------
Credits
-----------------------------
-guide by: hun hunter
-projectors by:
-rerender plugin by:

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Here I am again, this time in the right forum...
I am able to use IK (it's a wonderful tool, and I guess FK will be the next step, though I'm quite afraid of it still...) and I get good results, but only with static poses. Whenever I try to apply it to an animation one of two things happen: or it works, but the animation stops (with IK on) or the animation continues, but it reverts to its previous status (if I switch IK off).
It is not posible to use IK on animations or maybe I'm not doing it the right way?

Edit: Re-reading the chara posing using FK, IK and FK&IK I have found the answer myself... Sorry, first time I read it I was too newbie as to retain small details.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Just to be sure, there's no traditional free cam toggle, is there? Click and drag is...serviceable but it would be really nice to just fly from A to B occasionally.

Last edited:

synergyxxx69

Nov 18, 2020
Is it possible to play a list of (or multiple) dance animations one after another automatically? I'm talking about the ones under Animations -> Studio -> Dancing.

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Is it possible to play a list of (or multiple) dance animations one after another automatically? I'm talking about the ones under Animations -> Studio -> Dancing.
Not for I know (but I could be wrong) unless you use some plugin like Timeline (not ready for HS2 yet) or VNGE, none of wich are easy to manage

Reactions: synergyxxx69

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Just to be sure, there's no traditional free cam toggle, is there? Click and drag is...serviceable but it would be really nice to just fly from A to B occasionally.
It comes to my mind that you can use the ten slots for cameras. You can assign your points of interest to that cameras and change easily from one to another. Once there, you can continue with free cam from each point.

Gargarlley

Dev of "My Sister & I"
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2018
How do I install Unity3d maps? HiR is saying "Itemlist_00_00.monobehaviour" not found

Last edited:

dmdr

Jan 16, 2018
Hey, I have a really simple n00b question I'm having trouble figuring out:

how can I take screenshots of the scenes I make in Studio Neo?

Aug 11, 2020
hun hunter : is there a non-discord link for cubemaps? I've been trying to get HDRIs to work, but the graphics mod apparently only accepts the cubemap format, on which I can't really find any info.

Horny

Apr 26, 2017
Is it possible to export your edited character in Studio NEO into the main game, and load her up in the main game character creator?

osnoflax

Oct 16, 2020
Is it possible to export your edited character in Studio NEO into the main game, and load her up in the main game character creator?
You could use the export plugin included in the Repack Game. You just press ctrl (left)+E while on Studio and all the characters present will be exported to a folder named "export" inside your "chara" folder at "UserData" in form of new cards. You can later open these cards in the Chara Maker and edit them at your will. Many times, cards remain unidentified, so you don´t know which is which until you open them. Also, the export process could fail with some characters or even all of them, it's not perfect.

can anyone provide me the DHH mod for Honey Select 2, the above megaupload link doesnt work
DHH mod is preinstalled in the pack so, unless you erase it, it must be there. To activate it, you must start the game from the InitSetting.exe and in the first screen select DHH. It remains selected until you want to change it (same process) so you can start normally from then on. Be careful not to have selected DHH and Graphics Mod at the same time, or you will run into problems.

purity_xyz

Nov 1, 2017
You could use the export plugin included in the Repack Game. You just press ctrl (left)+E while on Studio and all the characters present will be exported to a folder named "export" inside your "chara" folder at "UserData" in form of new cards. You can later open these cards in the Chara Maker and edit them at your will. Many times, cards remain unidentified, so you don´t know which is which until you open them. Also, the export process could fail with some characters or even all of them, it's not perfect.

DHH mod is preinstalled in the pack so, unless you erase it, it must be there. To activate it, you must start the game from the InitSetting.exe and in the first screen select DHH. It remains selected until you want to change it (same process) so you can start normally from then on. Be careful not to have selected DHH and Graphics Mod at the same time, or you will run into problems.
I accidentally delete it lol, can someone reupload it

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote