Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

cptboofy

Dec 7, 2022
Learned on this forum 99% of cards are interchangeable. Exceptions are caused by mods. Removing overlays sometimes helps.
Dunno if I'm the exception or if others just didn't notice, but I've actually installed both AI shoujo and HS2 both and there's a lot more incompatibility than I thought there'd be.
1) Some cards work on one but not the other - it's possible to adapt it from one game to the other but it's a pain.
2) Scene files are a nightmare - they really should be specified from which game the came cause Neo Studio is NOT the same between both games.

Reactions: Mr-Fox

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
How to customize screens, paintings, etc.: Image Board

Here is one of the multiple ways of how to add your own graphics into Studio Neo scenes.

Find and place the "Image board" object via the "Find" tool. Scale as needed.

Then:

HS2_2022-12-31-14-29-19-703.png

Note, the images you want have to be saved to the folder: ...HS2\UserData\bg

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

thisisweak

Nov 17, 2022
How to customize screens, paintings, etc.: Image Board

Note, the images you want have to be saved to the folder: ...HS2\UserData\bg
Another way to load an image is to use the Material Editor. Using this method allows one to load from anywhere.
Untitled.png
My computer is very slow and I can only load a few characters at a time before the scene lags and even crashes. I use the Imageboard to bypass this limit. In the following image all the characters except the one closest to the camera are on an Imageboard png.
179 (Large).png
I placed some of the extra characters in the scene, unloaded the map, turned everything else off and hit f11. The resulting image was just the characters with a transparent background. I then placed the image on an Imageboard and added more characters, doing this process again.
HS2_2022-12-31-14-31-28-150 (Medium).png
Here is the scene again with a different shader to show the Imageboards in place.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Imageboarding Tests

thisisweak brought up a great point in the post above. I wanted to test what surfaces work for image boarding.

So, I made a tranparent screenshot of a character, using narrow field of view and portrait layout:
And then pasted it on different surfaces (assigned texture via Material Editor, to be exact). Only plane and image board are worth noting.

Thus, here is a comparison between a plane, an image board, and the regular model. The plane does not maintain transparency, the image board does. Tho the quality gets degraded, feels like the color space gets converted into 256 colors.

Plane, image board, chara:
HS2_2023-01-01-13-51-13-101.png

PS a cube breaks a texture into 6 pieces and wraps it around as it please. So, a face of a cube will have legs, another face - head and the third face the torso. Same-ish with all other shapes.

Last edited:

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
I'm sorry to have such a probably noobish (jup, am a noob with HS2) question, but i looked around for two hours and have still not found out how to solve this little issue:
I stumbled over the GDC supertight bra from the sideloader modpack, but when i equip a girl with it the spuishy part of the boobs isn't skin colour, but the colour chosen for the bra. How can i resolve this if i may ask?

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I'm sorry to have such a probably noobish (jup, am a noob with HS2) question, but i looked around for two hours and have still not found out how to solve this little issue:
I stumbled over the GDC supertight bra from the sideloader modpack, but when i equip a girl with it the spuishy part of the boobs isn't skin colour, but the colour chosen for the bra. How can i resolve this if i may ask?
Can you provide a screenshot.
I have tried using the GDC Supertight Bra and I don't see a change in the skin colour unless I have misunderstood - see screenshot
1672690946778.png

Reactions: Tyrfing

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Wow. That is odd.
Presumably other bras load normally.
What about the 2 other GDC bras that are not as tight? Do those show normally?
And does the supertight bra cause issue with all character cards?
Do you have a top loaded as well? If so what one? I have noticed with this bra it can cause some tops to look odd. I wonder if maybe it is a combination effect.

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
The other bra's load normally and the pic was taken without a loaded top. I tested it with the 3 GDC tighter bra versions and the corset (squeezes flesh out at the bottom), they all behave that way with the skin that is squeezed and with all characters i've tested (downloaded ones, selfmade ones and the default japanese girl).

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
Just to be very very sure (new to this game) - the zipmod of the item into the /mod/my mods folder, nothing else?

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
Ok, took a look, removed the zipmods of the 4 tight items from "my mods", only the one in the mods/sideloader modpack/GDC left, they still show up, but still the same result :(

Is there something i have to activate in addition, the squeezing stocking work as intended? Could the zipmod file be damaged (not usually i guess, problem should be as mostly that i did or understood something wrong)?

Besides: Thank you for your kind support!

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
Ok, took a look, removed the zipmods of the 4 tight items from "my mods", only the one in the mods/sideloader modpack/GDC left, they still show up, but still the same result :(

Is there something i have to activate in addition, the squeezing stocking work as intended? Could the zipmod file be damaged (not usually i guess, problem should be as mostly that i did or understood something wrong)?

Besides: Thank you for your kind support!
That's very strange. I can't understand why it wouldn't work normally.
What directory path do you have for your game?
General tip is to have it nice & short and as high as possible. Mine is D:\STNHS2DX11\
It's not specific to these Mods but I wonder if something else is causing the problem.
Other thoughts (apologies if you have already answered): what version of the game are you using and where did you download from?

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
I downloaded the game from here (main HS2-thread) and also have it at D:\[ScrewThisNoise] Honey Select 2 DX BetterRepack R7.......ah....i see....could it be i downloaded an outdated version of the game, seeing this evil little "R7" at the directory?

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
I tried it with most of my characters including the girl that shows up when you start the creator, happened with every single one.

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I downloaded the game from here (main HS2-thread) and also have it at D:\[ScrewThisNoise] Honey Select 2 DX BetterRepack R7.......ah....i see....could it be i downloaded an outdated version of the game, seeing this evil little "R7" at the directory?
If the Mod is made with a version later than R7 that could be the problem.
Looks like it was released April 22 ( ) so likely to be compatible with R10 or later. Using R7 may be the reason why you are having the issue with all characters & it works fine for me on R11 (and I'm sure it did on 10 as well).

Update: just checked against R10 and R9b and they work for me ok there as well.

Last edited:

Tyrfing

May 11, 2018
I'll download the newest Torrent and tell presumably tomorrow if it worked (i guess it will).

Velcrofly

Jan 25, 2021
I'll download the newest Torrent and tell presumably tomorrow if it worked (i guess it will).
I recommend using QBit Torrent to download and 7Zip to unpack. Those seem to work for me consistently without problems (others have had issues in the past). The Torrent takes ages to download so I leave it to run overnight. I would also recommend initially just downloading the main game (approx 55Gb) and coming back for the bigger file for Optional Mods (150Gb?) later if you want them and once you have the main game up and running.
You can copy over all your save files, cards, mods, etc so you carry over all the best bits you already have.
Best of luck and see you on the other side.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote