Unreal Engine Abandoned Immature Commander [v1.09.30 Public] [Unzerios]

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
i like where this is going and also seeing you so invested in this. If you ever have something smaller that you can outsource to people, i'm in if i have time. Like, i'd actually localize the whole game in 3 different languages if you want me to.
Thank you. Its maybe a little bit early to think about different translations but I'm looking for someone editing the english texts and dialogues.

Also, have you worked with UE4 before? For me it seemed to crash most of the time, barely into the intro bit.
The only crash I'm aware of is the game shutting down because of too long loading times. If thats the case lowering the graphic settings may help. If the crash happens at the same point in the game it may be a bug. Maybe you could tell me a little bit more about the issue so I can find a solution.

Also, also, i have to agree to what was said before, maybe try to build up the foundation a bit first before adding too much content, polising after is much more difficult that getting it right beforehand. I know this isn't as fun as doing it on the go, but it will seriously bite you afterwards!
It depends what it is. Things like graphical improvements, new world assets, new textures, new animations and so on are easy to replace (difficult to make but thats an other story) and its even helpfull to already have a layout or a structure that works even with prototyp assets. But you are absolutly right when we talk about things like game mechanics and other core feetures.

Honestly I'm a little bit hesitant with adding new stuff absolutly when I know its something I will change again in the future. I have a lot of ideas how to improve the game in its different aspects (also thanks to alot of feedback) but I know this will take alot of time and I kinda don't want to bring new updates completly to an halt until then. So I'm a little bit torn between focusing on the improvement only or splitting my time between improvements and new content.

By the way fun is not a problem. I'm enjoying myself working on this project. Time on the other hand is always an issue.

Thank you for your message!

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Important Announcement

Dear Patrons, Followers and random readers

After the announcement that I will do a complete renovation of the Game Immature Commander I first decided to keep going forward with the current build of the game while step by step introducing the improvements. After finishing V1.9.30 and working towards the next update I found myself second guessing almost everything. "Should I add this now, when I anyway change it later again?" "This would be much more effective with the future improvements", and so on. What led to probably the most unproductive days since I started this project. After rethinking the situation I came to the conclusion to change the aproach and focusing everything on the improvements first before going back to add new content. I believe this is the best aproach for this project in its current stat and also the most efficiance one. I was very hesitant by this aproach first because this will affect patrons probably the most.

I'm sorry about this sudden change but it was important to me to make the announcement before the next month starts so patrons can rethink their support before getting charged again.

The renovation of the game will include some major and essential changes in the games structure and as more as I think about it and as more ideas i get to further improve the game, as clearer it seems to me that the best aproach is to rebuild the game on a clean sheet as a completly new Version (2.0).

With rebuilding the project however I will have to deal with the following problems:
I can't guarantee you anymore that your old save file will be compatible with V2.0. This again will mostly damage patrons because they gathered gift items over the months they supported the project so far. To compensate for this I will prepare individual ingame gift-baskets. The gift-basket will have an amount of items in it matching the amount of money the patron put in so far as support. This will also count for returning patrons and new patrons in the comming months. I will also make it possible so that the gift-basket can be accessed in different playtroughs.
Including to that all patrons will of course get access to all unique items (clothing, accessories etc.) I added to the game so far and I will add more items to compensate for the time I will work on V2.0 so all patrons will get the possibility to start a new adventure with already a wide wardrobe and many customisation options.
Thats all I can do at the moment for patrons.
The second problem will be that I will have to abandon V1.0 at some point in the future wich will affect the update rate.
The plan is the following:

Main Game:
The Main Game will see only small updates from now on until V2.0 is ready to go and this will probably mostly include new feetures I will introduce for V2.0. I'm sorry I have to break my promise for now to the patrons to make at least monthly updates, But it just wouldn't make sense to spend further time on V1.0. I will get to regular update schedule as soon as V2.0 is ready.

Showcase Mode:
For a long time now I planed to seperate the Showcase Mode from the Main Game and change it into its own project wich will focus on adult content without story and RPG elements. This seems to be the right time to start with this plans. For now I will mostly use the showcase mode for testing the new UI, new textures, new animations, new customisation, new physics and other feetures I want to introduce for V2.0. As soon as the Showcase Mode has enough working content I will make it public so you can check out the changes and give possible feedback. Patrons will gain access to bonus customisations and other feetures.

V2.0
Next to the showcase mode wich I will use to test customisations and the interaction mode I will work on seperat builds one for testing combat and one for testing world assets. Again as soon as they are working and can demonstrate the changes I will make them public for you to test and give possible feedback.

Miscellaneous:
I will also try to keep you regulary update with images, vids and badly written texts about the stat of the new Version.

I wont make a statement about how long this changes will actually take because I honestly don't know and I don't want to make promises I have probably to break again. But a fair warning it may take a while.

To all patrons that decide to keep supporting me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart that you believe in me and this project.

To all patrons that decide to stop supporting me. Thank you for the support so far and I can completly understand why you're doing this. I can only hope that you will give the project a second chance when V2.0 is out.

And to everyone else, thank you for all your feedbacks. It is really appreciated and I hope you will give me more feedback in the future so I can create the best game possible.

I'm sorry that the game is such a hot mess at the moment but that makes it even more important to first clean up the mess before going further.

I'm here to answer you further questions if you have anything

Thank you for reading.

passiveDragon

Aug 28, 2017
Nice work.
About my crashes, they got better after a while, i didn't really find a lot of pattern in the beginning, but they were pushed back further and further as long as i reloaded the save file. Perhaps some game initialisation broke it in the beginning? idk
The most crashes i observer where during loading screens.
I think it may have something to do with the fact that i use 2 GPUs on 2 Monitors, the game seemed to dislike that in the beginning.
Right now the game eats up VRAM like nothing i've ever seen, and the fact that all assets seem to be unloaded when loading into a scene doesn't help much. I've observed crashes due to missing graphic memory, despite me having 6GB of it... Perhaps there is a better asset-loading mechanic of UE you can make use of?

Have you thought about adding a pokémon-esque loading screen for battles? ~it's the only thing i can think about during those~

About the 'mess' the game is at the moment, I DON'T CARE how messy you make it, aslong as what becomes of it is good, take your time if you need it.

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
After some recollecting and restructuring I'm finally ready to show a small update about Build V2 of Immature Commander and will also take a moment to talk about the next (or first) steps I will take for creating the new build. Also for you to see what you can expect. I guess I will use alot of spoilers from now on to keep this updates compact.

The first small update I want to show you is about new textures for wet clothing. This is part of a new dynamic material I'm working on for the game wich will allow me to create more complex textures and change the values of them on the spot what leads to smother transitions (demonstrated in the video). Just as a disclaimer: This are not the final textures just prototyps I'm working with.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The great thing with this dynamic Material is that you can combine different textures and texture layer so it will be possible to visualize different clothing conditions. I will talk a little bit more about this textures as soon as I have something to show but here some informations:

Here what I'm working on in the next days and weeks and how I will aproach the new build:

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
An other update about clothing texture. It took me a while to figure out a Material that can handle all textures at once and I'm getting pretty close to what I want to achieve and I wanted to show you the result.
Like always but important this are not the final settings or the final textures. This are prototyps for testing and they may change.
Because I didn't want to make a hundert screenshots, I made a short recording about how certain effects can affect the looks of your clothing.

With that I have a pretty good template for clothing materials I can apply to other clothes and move on from here.

Next step: redesign the wardrobe

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
This is only a small update because I want to use the opportunity to shill for my twitter @unzeris1 (because twitter doesn't know Umlauts)

Yes I created a twitter mainly for the game. I'm not a big fan of twitter so I will probably only use it for updates on the game. I had a feeling this was usefull to share smaller updates that are not worth creating full posts and spamming patreon or forum threads for. I mean twitter is all about spamming so.

It will give me the chance to show almost daily the progression I make with Build V2 and other stuff, without spending to much time with writting lengthy posts and providing pictures and videos.

If you want to monitor closly the progress of Build V2 twitter is the way to go at the moment.

Anyway so much about that. Now to the update I can show you. There are a some other things in work but not really ready to to share. Naris will probably get a sligthly new look what will take a little more time before I can show it to you and then you may see why it takes a little longer.

I made the structur for the Customisation UI (Wardrobe in the Main Game). It will kinda look as follow:

Main Command List
Sub Command List
Specification List
and then finally the selection.

This may sound like alot of steps but I believe (and we will see better after some testing) it will be better for the navigation to have everything nicley sorted. And it is not half as bad. Here is a example

Main Command: Wardrobe
Sub Command: Bottom Clothing
A new window will pob up with the specifications. As Example: Skirts
And then you get a overview of all the skirts in your inventory. Select one of them and you also get a preview. From the preview you can then make some final modifications like selecting textures, colors and more. and then you confirm your selection.

I will also under specification give you the option to sort it differently. Probably you'll get the chance to sort between Typ and Source
Typ: Skirt, Pants, Long Skirts, Mini Skirts, Hot Pants etc.
Source: Original, Anime, Game, Movie etc.

Here are the Main Commands. I also have already Sub commands and more written down. But I don't want to make this update too long also with the sub commands changes can happen while working on content for them. So I will focus here only on the Main List:

Hairstyle (Customize Haircut and pubic Hair)
Make Up (Customize her looks, face Make Up, Nails and more)
Wardrobe (Customize clothing)
Accessoires (Customize Accessories from head to toe)
Skin (Customize Skintan, Tattoes, Bodypiercings, Bodypaint)
Outfit Selection (Select a complete outfit instead of customizing everything yourself)

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Stuck in rat cellar. Once rats tear your clothes you are pretty much screwed, so unless you power level well above 4-5 that place is death trap. Can't repair clothes and the frustration keeps ending battles leaving me no time to kill any of the remaining boss rats. Got only 3/5 but again frustration is accumulating at +10 a tick.

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Stuck in rat cellar. Once rats tear your clothes you are pretty much screwed, so unless you power level well above 4-5 that place is death trap. Can't repair clothes and the frustration keeps ending battles leaving me no time to kill any of the remaining boss rats. Got only 3/5 but again frustration is accumulating at +10 a tick.
Do you play the latest version? I brought down the level of the rats in the cellar and their damage.
You can also press CTRL+R. This command will respawn you back in Mallens Room. Gives you the chance to repair clothing.

DrakeWasHere2

Jun 8, 2017
Do you play the latest version? I brought down the level of the rats in the cellar and their damage.
You can also press CTRL+R. This command will respawn you back in Mallens Room. Gives you the chance to repair clothing.
I downloaded whatever last posted version here before my reply. 9.30 build looking in folder.

Yes, managed to get past it after stumbling upon the CTRL+R command a while after stuck there. Rats were the minor issue, I was basically accumulating 15-20ish frustration at those earlier times from the ripped clothing(shirt, skirt, then panties and bra.) So if it wasn't for warp command that area would had been a deadzone. Like, I could barely move in there as it formally got to point that when the next day roll over I had 26 frustration spawning in and then it quickly accumulated before a fight. So before I went into battles I was often around 50 frustration if lucky and then the meter just ended the fight without me beating level 3+ rats when I got to level 5 in there.

Of course with CTRL+R command I manage to repair clothes and didn't have issue finishing it after returning.

Maybe some update that allows you to head back up into inn before finishing quest to purchase band-aids or give alternative repair method if you still want them stuck within the inn persay without resulting to warp. (At any point you may decide to take out the warp feature.) Since at that point the tear was introduced and otherwise you are trapped down there if you aren't already good level to do it. (Given I think I was level 3 when I started it since I rushed the forest area.)

Reactions: UNzer!ös

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
@DrakeWasHere2
Thank you for your detailed report about the issue it is really appreciated.
I relized already that the difficulty change was too steep if you rush trough the forest (not only the cellar but also the sewers) but I haven't considered that ALL your clothes get ripped appart and then the frustration fucks you over. This part needs probably a different aproach or at least a chance for you to escape.

Now to the bad news and I'm sorry I just relized I should have told you this already in the last post. I wont support this build of the game anymore. I'm taking all the critique I got and mistakes I made with this build to heart and re-build the complete game from scratch to create a better game experiance. I probably should also put this information in the top post.

I'm sorry I wasted your time. However your information are very helpfull to avoid the same mistakes in the next build. Thank you for that.

Reactions: passiveDragon

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
So I do now almost daily updates on my patreon and twitter about the progress of build 2 and share pics and short videos to give you some impressions and I was also thinking how could I keep everyone updated that only uses this forum without spamming the thread with posts. The solution at the moment is to give you weakly or so an update and summarize everything in one post. I will also use spoilers to keep the post as small as possible.

This update will be a little bit longer because I want to share also some future informations about the projects I was thinking about and also did some tests like exclusive content for build 2 and some informations about patching.

Also I want to encourage you to make comments and give feedbacks. In this state of the game its defenitly easier to make changes then later on. Also I don't always see all angles of a problem or find the best solution. So getting different viewpoints is deffenitly helpful and appreciated.

Reactions: passiveDragon

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
I'm sorry its a long time since I updated this thread. Still working mostly on customisations. Adding clothes and Accessories. Here are some pics

ice_screenshot_20190611-145219.png ice_screenshot_20190611-145326.png ice_screenshot_20190611-150204.png ice_screenshot_20190612-045444.png ice_screenshot_20190618-225209.png ice_screenshot_20190613-164550.png ice_screenshot_20190618-225020.png ice_screenshot_20190618-225245.png ice_screenshot_20190618-225429.png ice_screenshot_20190618-225506.png

There are still a lot of features that are missing but my next goal is to make a playable preview with what we have now and then expand on this step by step. It may be a mistake to already release unfinished content but on the other hand it gives you the chance to test things like the UI and navigation and give me some feedback what you like so far and what you don't like so much, what could be improved and what other features you would like to see.
A nice goal for that would be until the end of the week but it may take longer depending on different factors and then from that point on I will offer regular updates that expand on the customisations while I also can then start to jump on working on other game mechanics like combat and so on. With the regular updates I will also implement at some point testing out patches and if ppl like the patching system or not.
I'm not sure yet what will be the best timeperiod for updates. I'll have to see but maybe once a week or twice a month something around there.
Finally I want to say that there is a good reason why I started with the customisations for working on build v2 and I will reveal some surprises as soon as possible and I hope you will enjoy them while waiting for a release of Immature Commander Build V2.

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018

Here is the first preview of the customization mechanics for build 2. I put it on game jolt for now. As far as I know you don't have to register on game jolt you can just download the file. If you would like to download it from somewhere else please tell me.

Again this is just a preview. You won't find alot of gameplay in here or other content, 3Dmodels are still in work and many textures are just placeholder.

I'm putting this out here in the hope that some of you will test it and give me some feedback wich will help with going forward with the project espcially the UI, how is the navigation and performance

What did you like?

What didn't you like?

What should be improved?

And what other features would you like to see?

Things like this would really interest me and help polishing the game mechanics.

There are still features missing, I will add them in the upcomming weeks, and I also will from now on continuously add more customization items to the preview. I will also use the preview to test different things like animations, behaviour of items, patching and so on. And most of this will be public what means I will provide from now on regular updates. This gives you the oppertunity to jump into the preview from time to time, check out what is new and maybe leave a helpfull comment.

But this also means I can now split my focus and also work on other aspects of the game. I will keep you updated.

lewwd

Aug 8, 2018
Hmm ... I hate to be that guy, but your character model can't capture my interest at the moment ... maybe many people feel the same too.

For a quick fix/cheat, i suggest to 'fake the shading' ... Use shadeless material for the skins & render fake shadow on top of it(skin texture).

Or if you have good skill in texturing, you could go full 'bake every texture you got' & leave the shader & lighting stuff for later.

After that, you could move to your basic key features/mechanics ... The most important stuff when we're playing this game i think.

Good luck ... hope this game turn out great one day

Oh yeah, if you don't have a Game Design Documentation (GDD), i suggest you start one now ... It's super easy to get tempted by a cool looking feature rather than working on the most important stuff.

Just my 2 cent.

Reactions: UNzer!ös

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018

Here is Version 0.2.0 on Game Jolt. I made a couple of updates I will write them down in detail here and I also promised some surprises comming soon. I'm not ready yet for the full reveal but at the end I will show you one picture as a teaser.

Hmm ... I hate to be that guy, but your character model can't capture my interest at the moment ... maybe many people feel the same too.
Thank you for your comment. I will work harder to make the models more appealing.

After that, you could move to your basic key features/mechanics ... The most important stuff when we're playing this game i think.
I'm not sure but this may sound strange. The character customization is a basic and important mechanic of the game and I have good reasons why I started here with rebuilding the project.

Reactions: exodus156

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Preview 0.3

I'm sorry that there was no update or other info for a while. I did some important changes wich took some time to finish.

Again you can find the latest Version on Game Jolt

I won't go in detail about all the smaller things I added or I have changed. You can look up the Dev Log directly in the game to check all updates. Instead I will just talk about the bigger updates.

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
Hello everyone,

Sorry I was so shy the last days with updates. I was working hard on something I want to release as a testversion today and I hope you'll enjoy it.

Here is Super Waifu Strip Poker:

For now the testversion is only for patrons. The game misses some features I will implement in the next days and as soon as this is finished I will upload a public version.

Ok to be honest. Developement of Immature Commander takes a long time and I said that I will take my time to make build 2 right from the start. And I can't say at this point when a first playable Version will come out. So I decided to also work on some smaller project wich will use assets and mechanics I will implement into IC mainly the Customizations I already worked a long time on so I can now step by step expand the customizations until it is the biggest thing you have ever seen!

So this smaller projects have actually many reasons behind them. First of course to enterntain ppl and patrons until IC is ready, to get eyes on my work and grow interest but also to test out assets, models, animations, game mechanics and more and improving them so they are already polished for IC.

I have to say some things about this smaller projects. First they are not particular small just the concept is easier. They don't have a complicated progression or story, just a simple concept they are build on. And as soon as this foundation is build I can just add constantly more content to it and thats why this small projects wont be small for long. Also the release of this Testversion is a very big step to finish exactly this foundation of Super Waifu Strip Poker.

The second thing is I'm talking of multiple projects because I have lots of Ideas about interesting games but so far except for IC and SWSP none of them are in developement. So don't expect multiple games just popping up in the near future. After SWSP is running with a strong foundation most of my time will go back to working on IC. So honestly it is possible that before IC is playable no other game will be released. I don't want to just make some shitty mini games just to say hey I made a game. I want to make games I can stand behind and I wanna play. You will also see this in SWSP. So with that lets finally talk..

About Super Waifu Strip Poker

ice_screenshot_20190813-070250.png

The idea of SWSP was to have a simple strip poker game between some original characters and a lot of characters out of different pop cultures. I say was because this Idea expanded a little bit over time. While still centered around poker I will add different game modes to it like strip black jack and so on. In other words so that there will be something for everyone to enjoy and the game stays interesting because you can switch the game mode if you are sick of one. I will also include a card game that will be completly created by me and goes more in the direction of heartstone or how all this games are called and with some rpg elements to it. However this game will be introduced in the future. SO back to what is there. At the moment there are two game modes Simple Texas Hold'em (52 Cards) and Simple Texas Hold'em, Shorthanded (36 Cards). Its called simple because it is a simpler Version of texas hold'em to guarantee faster games. I will probably in the future add the more realistic Versions of Poker to it for ppl who are interested in it. But because this games take forever for the sake of making progress in the game the simple version has to do for now.

ice_screenshot_20190813-074659.png ice_screenshot_20190813-080233.png ice_screenshot_20190813-080326.png ice_screenshot_20190813-081256.png

Simple Texas works like this. 2 Cards in the Hand five Cards on the table. No raising, calling or anything like that and the loser has to take of a clothing item. The goal is of course to still wear something while everyone else is naked. I plan to do up to 4 Opponents plus the player is max. 5 characters at once. However the player will have to play against everyone else. are 3 enemies naked and one still wears something while the player is naked he has lost. But this gamble is still interesting because of the end of the game. Is the game finished the loser will be punished. I call them Punishment games. They are interactive animations or in some cases simple mini games with explicit content. If the player loses a random Punishment Game will play in wich the player character gets punished. Does the player win he can choose the punishment for his opponents.

ice_screenshot_20190813-081802.png ice_screenshot_20190813-080537.png

Wich Punishment Games you can select will depend strongly on how many players, who are the players, the stage and stage assets and many other factors. So if you want to unlock Punishments with more then two characters you have to play against more.

Now you will earn Gold for playing games. Despite losing or winning every round will give you a small amount of money and the money you have in the pot at the end you can keep even if you lose.

ice_screenshot_20190813-080045.png

You can then spend this money to unock more stuff, more clothing, game modes, stages, special items wich will unlock events and new characters, buffs to earn more money and lots more.

ice_screenshot_20190813-080645.png

There are more mechanics and stuff I could talk about. However this post is anyway way to long so I will end this here. I'll talk defenitly in the future about this things more. For now the patrons can test this first version out and everyone else needs a little bit of patience until the first public version is released.

UNzer!ös

Game Developer
May 11, 2018
So I released the first public test version of SWSP on Game Jolt.

On GJ because it is a very usefull site for me to share the game. Its fast to setup and even faster to update and you don't need to register to download games.
I will upload bigger updates to other share options like MEGA and so on but this may always take a little bit longer.
I will also make a seperate thread for SWSP as soon as there is more content and most of the main feetures are implemented and working fine.

So I will make this very short. What is different from the Patreon Release:
- Free Costumizations for Clothing and Accessory is now possible for females and males
- New unlockable Outfit for Naris
- New Punishment Game
- and Exclusive Content added
Exclusive Content is for every supporter. You can find all the details here:
I will update the Exclusive Content In the first week of every month.

Updates:
I will update the game monthly (first week of the month) and support this updates with patches (smaller changes, additions and bugfixes) between updates. I can't say how many times I will release a patch it will depend strongly on fixing problems and how fast I progress with workin on the game. Probably around 1 or 2 patches a month at the beginning and then later on probably less.
So you will have to manually install patches. I will teach you how. Its very simple. But if you don't want to do that you can also wait for the next bigger Update.
Why patches? Simple because of the small file sizes. It will be much easier and faster to react to some fixes and other changes with patches then full releases and it will be easier to share this smaller files over different medium.

Next Steps:
3 Character Slot, Introducing Abilities, Introducing Black Market
After this updates the interesting stuff can really happen.