TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Sounds like 1.8 added a few bugs too. There's been some info about Imouto Fantasy posted here from the . Might be free when it get completed, like One Week RPG is.

Reactions: Skyzenski

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
any updates to come? been ages since we had one and 1.3 is old...
The fan translator was asked to stop a while ago, 1.3 was the only version they did. Kagura will eventually be doing a official English version, until that happens the opening post is very unlikely to get updated.

There's been lots of posts here about the updates to the Japanese game. Version 1.8 came out about a week ago, go check if you want it.

Reactions: Valila

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
The fan translator was asked to stop a while ago, 1.3 was the only version they did. Kagura will eventually be doing a official English version, until that happens the opening post is very unlikely to get updated.

There's been lots of posts here about the updates to the Japanese game. Version 1.8 came out about a week ago, go check if you want it.
works for me lol thx. I have a translator on my phone so in all honesty... if a game is poorly translated (not this one in particular) I can just use my translator and piece all the script by hand. which takes less than a fuck ton of time I see these guys pop out crappy translated machine ones... I don't see why they take all that time and give out stupid poor grammar ones when im doing mine free and they probably gotta get paid. I spit on bad translation and machine done only work. but yeah thx and sorry for my ranting lol

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
well as ive noticed it seems like a dozen at least cg events have been put into the game as it stands the 1.8 version hopefully will get a continuation of being translated. honestly not much change in ui sooooo kinda confused why they said to stop unless its going to get more updates beyond 2.0 version. you would think it would be getting a go ahead soon since its not getting a drastic change just more stuff added and fixed.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
works for me lol thx. I have a translator on my phone so in all honesty... if a game is poorly translated (not this one in particular) I can just use my translator and piece all the script by hand. which takes less than a fuck ton of time I see these guys pop out crappy translated machine ones... I don't see why they take all that time and give out stupid poor grammar ones when im doing mine free and they probably gotta get paid. I spit on bad translation and machine done only work. but yeah thx and sorry for my ranting lol
Just curious which translator you use? I have issues for writing japanese on phone and couldn't find one that uses ocr ( through camera) well.

Hakunon

Apr 28, 2017
Someone should extract the translated files from 1.3 and make a walkthrough on how to apply it manually. So we can apply it to the newer versions

Just curious which translator you use? I have issues for writing japanese on phone and couldn't find one that uses ocr ( through camera) well.
There's Google Translate of course but if you play on Android and want a translator without having to screenshot then switch apps, you can use EverTranslator for that. Works as an overlay that pretty much automates the process of GTranslate for you.

Reactions: 1tomadeira

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
im gonna be honest its crap if you dont know the lang from your hiragana from katakana. its google translate from the app store its free but its got a downside. its shotty if your not still or good at taking photos of the written language and its not good at my first line about the language lol. however I do know abit so its really just a thing I do to make a rough draft on paper since its not a digital thing im good at which im not lol.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
Someone should extract the translated files from 1.3 and make a walkthrough on how to apply it manually. So we can apply it to the newer versions
that is a great idea since the first thing I know about the 1.8 version is that its UI is not new or changed. and as the story goes its mainly just elements that are added in and corrected. I could probably do 1.3's translation in a day for the 1.8 but as far as the new stuff it could be the same if I have to reread or find new lines. but as new items go im not sure but its just script on the added dlcs.

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
There's Google Translate of course but if you play on Android and want a translator without having to screenshot then switch apps, you can use EverTranslator for that. Works as an overlay that pretty much automates the process of GTranslate for you.
It isn't to play, I just wanted a nice tool to help me learn and translate words in order to have vocabulary. But tyvm

im gonna be honest its crap if you dont know the lang from your hiragana from katakana. its google translate from the app store its free but its got a downside. its shotty if your not still or good at taking photos of the written language and its not good at my first line about the language lol. however I do know abit so its really just a thing I do to make a rough draft on paper since its not a digital thing im good at which im not lol.
But I know hiragana and katakana, the issue is getting used to use phone keyboard for that. Kanji is a different story, I only know a few and some I know the meaning but forgot how is read lmao.

Anyway tyvm for the fast answer, was just wondering if there was a decent translator like rikaikun plugin (rikaichan for some other browsers). There are very decent Apps for PC but for phone they still aren't the best for what I need.

Last edited:

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
i just wish I could do this stuff on computer. I can read abit on raws but really I just wish I could write what I see and understand in the game so its understandable lol.

cavaemon

May 29, 2018
But I know hiragana and katakana, the issue is getting used to use phone keyboard for that. Kanji is a different story, I only know a few and some I know the meaning but forgot how is read lmao.

Anyway tyvm for the fast answer, was just wondering if there was a decent translator like rikaikun plugin (rikaichan for some other browsers). There are very decent Apps for PC but for phone they still aren't the best for what I need.
lol I know. that's why I wish I could hook up a thing to translate what I understand and make the raw version of the new game in English. it frustrates me greatly that I know what it says but I cant do anything to change what is written in jap to eng. and for some that shouldn't be hard but that's where we are and it pisses me off... if someone can translate this in good eng and some other games then its worth being able to do that for nothing since that's not a hard thing to do. I cant write the game lines to English because im not a much of a coder or modder but im sure some one can do a decent job if i gave them a page by page on what to write in the lines to English.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
I managed to get a shitty translation of 1.8 working. I'm going to spend my time adapting the translation from 1.3 to the 1.8 version. Hopefully by then someone who actually knows japanese and english steps up to the plate to clean up my work because I'm just a flithy weeb with some code monkey skills.

maidchan

Jul 17, 2019
I managed to get a shitty translation of 1.8 working. I'm going to spend my time adapting the translation from 1.3 to the 1.8 version. Hopefully by then someone who actually knows japanese and english steps up to the plate to clean up my work because I'm just a flithy weeb with some code monkey skills.
can you please post it when you're done? Thank you and you're the best

altuser

Sep 4, 2019
honestly not much change in ui sooooo kinda confused why they said to stop unless its going to get more updates beyond 2.0 version. you would think it would be getting a go ahead soon since its not getting a drastic change just more stuff added and fixed.
Because it's a fan translation, not an official localization.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Because it's a fan translation, not an official localization.
Not exactly, it was more because he actually plans to do an official translation through Kagura. If there was no plan to do an official translation, he probably wouldn't have said anything.

altuser

Sep 4, 2019
Not exactly, it was more because he actually plans to do an official translation through Kagura. If there was no plan to do an official translation, he probably wouldn't have said anything.
That was the implication. But there are other reasons as well.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That was the implication. But there are other reasons as well.
True, the biggest issue is that a fan translation would cut into the sales of the official English version, which also means it would cut into both the dev's and Kagura's profits from the project. I haven't seen it brought up and I did just think of this, but Kagura may also have an agreement with the dev that, in return for making the official English version, they gain exclusive translation rights on top of their share of the income. While a fan translation isn't the direct fault of the dev, it could still be seen by Kagura as a direct violation of such an agreement and Kagura could take a number of actions against the dev for it depending on how legally binding such an agreement is. They could cancel their involvement, seeing as one side failed to hold up their end of the agreement, if the agreement isn't legally binding or they could even sue him or go after the fan translator in court if it is. Now, I don't have access to the internal workings of this dev, so this agreement theory is pure speculation unless evidence confirms it, but it is a distinct possibility.

altuser

Sep 4, 2019
True, the biggest issue is that a fan translation would cut into the sales of the official English version, which also means it would cut into both the dev's and Kagura's profits from the project. I haven't seen it brought up and I did just think of this, but Kagura may also have an agreement with the dev that, in return for making the official English version, they gain exclusive translation rights on top of their share of the income. While a fan translation isn't the direct fault of the dev, it could still be seen by Kagura as a direct violation of such an agreement and Kagura could take a number of actions against the dev for it depending on how legally binding such an agreement is. They could cancel their involvement, seeing as one side failed to hold up their end of the agreement, if the agreement isn't legally binding or they could even sue him or go after the fan translator in court if it is. Now, I don't have access to the internal workings of this dev, so this agreement theory is pure speculation unless evidence confirms it, but it is a distinct possibility.
I'm not privy to what agreement they had, only that there were plans for the official localization to be made by Kagura.

One major concern for Inusuku was the unauthorized distribution of game assets and lack of quality control. Having something you have no control over is cause for worry, especially if it ends up misrepresenting your work in case of mistranslations and bugs introduced by the translator. The translation had been through some playtesting, but it was only for a week; just enough to make sure there were no critical bugs or major translation errors.

Last edited:

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Given the way things are going though I estimate we will have an official localization in possibly 2 years given the amount of stuff kagura games already has lined up and thats as early as we will get it I think considering the amount of stuff they already have to work on. Personally I was hoping I could play the latest stuff considering I did purchase the game. I probably will later today now since I have to see just how bad the translation is anyways and see if I lined things up right with the 1.3 to 1.8 translation adaptation.

4.20 star(s) 39 Votes