4.70 star(s) 52 Votes

bfc233

Jul 31, 2023
I wonder, if we go through with the coup and making Cass the council, do we get to put Arcadia into a closet like Val?

We have no further need of a diplomat, so we might as well put her to use.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Cass is basically Damon from House of the Dragon - if we take into account her antics and the fact that MC is not that driven to get the crown as Damon is in the House of the Dragon series - otherwise, MC would be Damon himself and we would have heaps upon heaps more sex and more killings and more fighting in this game.
if we go through with the coup and making Cass the council, do we get to put Arcadia into a closet like Val?

We have no further need of a diplomat, so we might as well put her to use.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Cass is Damon in the sense that she is the de facto heir to the king, is already in the council being hated or feared or both by the other council members and she has the ear of the king as his most prized ear to the plots happening in the kingdom - she can decapitate and kill and dissapear literally anyone in the kingdom - just as Damon does in House of the Dragon - with outright impunity. She is already the badass of the family.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustMy2Cents

bfc233

Jul 31, 2023
Okay so, aside from the fact that this entire post is somehow entirely besides the point of my demented redhead lust.

Cass is Damon in the sense that she is the de facto heir to the king, is already in the council being hated or feared or both by the other council members and she has the ear of the king as his most prized ear to the plots happening in the kingdom - she can decapitate and kill and dissapear literally anyone in the kingdom - just as Damon does in House of the Dragon - with outright impunity.

MC is, de jure and de facto, the heir to the throne. By contrast Cass has earned any privilege and power she has with a mixture of grit and spite.

Also I did not watch House of the Dragon and I have absolutely no idea what that spoiler is supposed to tell me. That is all.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Cass is basically Damon from House of the Dragon - if we take into account her antics and the fact that MC is not that driven to get the crown as Damon is in the House of the Dragon series - otherwise, MC would be Damon himself and we would have heaps upon heaps more sex and more killings and more fighting in this game.

Cass is Damon in the sense that she is the de facto heir to the king, is already in the council being hated or feared or both by the other council members and she has the ear of the king as his most prized ear to the plots happening in the kingdom - she can decapitate and kill and dissapear literally anyone in the kingdom - just as Damon does in House of the Dragon - with outright impunity. She is already the badass of the family.
Interesting but she is not in fact the defacto heir to anything. Royal succession extends to the eldest male heir in this game and in most monarchies IRL.
The author has clearly tried to include actual medieval politics in this game so Cass has no claim on anything.
That is why she is plotting and maneuvering to seize power from the rightful heir. (At least it seems so atm)

I also don't think you should equate characters from a separate storyline/universe with this one especially since we don't truly know what kind of character she will end up becoming yet.
All we have in conjecture.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
Okay so, aside from the fact that this entire post is somehow entirely besides the point of my demented redhead lust.

MC is, de jure and de facto, the heir to the throne. By contrast Cass has earned any privilege and power she has with a mixture of grit and spite.

Also I did not watch House of the Dragon and I have absolutely no idea what that spoiler is supposed to tell me. That is all.
Nobody wants Cass is the problem with all that but otherwise well written and informed!

Reactions: bfc233

bfc233

Jul 31, 2023
Yeah, the core of the problem here is that Cass is, if not explicitly, at least implicitly denounced.If the kind was to put some measure of importance on her being his firstborn child and daughter, which he never does, things would be different. Which is one more point in the case, heh, that he's not playing an alliance game.
In fact, the king's own motives are quite unclear to me as of now.

He is clearly not after a stable realm, or at least isn't taking every opportunity to stabilize the rule of his children for the future. Something is missing here.

Because I would assume a ruler that is said to be as pragmatic as he is, would have some understanding that the elves would play a long game with him and his family, so the best way is to set up a long game to counter that.

And that's before we consider the trouble in the west that the death of his wife would have caused.

So it's between stupid and the unknown.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is so true, because MC being literally outcast and into hiding as the kingdom decree of his father, while the queen and the princesses were kept at the royal court - it equates to what happened to Harry in the Brittish royal family:
he was put in reserve, shipped off to fight in wars as a mascot for his squads where he was the nepo baby leader.

Just like Harry, MC is totally lost, pampered by his merry men who train and deffend him,
to be called back and officially sent to pasture:

MC and his elven sister are both married off.

Nobody has been declared the next in line or anything.

So everybody is living it up just like Harry and William had and Charles would go on have his very public very immoral affair outside of marriage with Camilla.

As long as Elizabeth was alive, everybody was doing a lot of immoral and stupid things in their lives, all of them coasting on her laurals.

He is clearly not after a stable realm, or at least isn't taking every opportunity to stabilize the rule of his children for the future. Something is missing here.
I also don't think you should equate characters from a separate storyline/universe with this one especially since we don't truly know what kind of character she will end up becoming yet.
Damon and his brother the king and his sister the regent are all living it up in the first season of House of the Dragon, just like Charles and William and Harry have been before the corronation of Charles.

Cass is Damon because in the first episodes he is vying to be declared the next in line to the throne, something Cass is trying with her scheming - while everybody else - like MC and his sister - are totally oblivious and are simply blindly accepting being married off.

Cass is enthralled in the politics, she is member of the council - something Damon also was - trying to impress the king to name him as successor. CAss cannot wait any longer because the royal house is falling apart:
There is no successor declared officially, the already marries off prince and princess could go to their new homes any moment now and is the king suddenly succumbs to any ill fate, Cass would be de facto left to run the council while the Quen would rule.

Remember that the sister of Damon was the actual strategist, a powerful woman with mad dragon skills who is totally wasted in the battle of the royal kids in the second season, where the largest dragon in existence simply bites offf the life of her dragon and sends her to her doom, while she herself was a total sacrificial lamb to save the scaly disgusting hides of the coward Damon and the sniveling incestuous dimwit daughter of the former king - who has been a breeding whore for countless unmentioned ”knights” in her service.

The king has not declared any future successor - it would have to be a huge cellebration when that happends.
MC is still in everyone eyes a bastard, a second fiddle, the ostracized prince the king hated - or still hates, if he is indeed also smitten by the visions of higher powers, tha kind of visions Mc has been manifesting as of late.

Last edited:

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
This is so true, because MC being literally outcast and into hiding as the kingdom decree of his father, while the queen and the princesses were kept at the royal court - it equates to what happened to Harry in the Brittish royal family:
he was put in reserve, shipped off to fight in wars as a mascot for his squads where he was the nepo baby leader.

Just like Harry, MC is totally lost, pampered by his merry men who train and deffend him,

So everybody is living it up just like Harry and William had and Charles would go on have his very public very immoral affair outside of marriage with Camilla.

As long as Elizabeth was alive, everybody was doing a lot of immoral and stupid things in their lives, all of them coasting on her laurals.

Damon and his brother the king and his sister the regent are all living it up in the first season of House of the Dragon, just like Charles and William and Harry have been before the corronation of Charles.

Cass is Damon because in the first episodes he is vying to be declared the next in line to the throne, something Cass is trying with her scheming - while everybody else - like MC and his sister - are totally oblivious and are simply blindly accepting being married off.

Cass is enthralled in the politics, she is member of the council - something Damon also was - trying to impress the king to name him as successor. CAss cannot wait any longer because the royal house is falling apart:
There is no successor declared officially, the already marries off prince and princess could go to their new homes any moment now and is the king suddenly succumbs to any ill fate, Cass would be de facto left to run the council while the Quen would rule.

Remember that the sister of Damon was the actual strategist, a powerful woman with mad dragon skills who is totally wasted in the battle of the royal kids in the second season, where the largest dragon in existence simply bites offf the life of her dragon and sends her to her doom, while she herself was a total sacrificial lamb to save the scaly disgusting hides of the coward Damon and the sniveling incestuous dimwit daughter of the former king - who has been a breeding whore for countless unmentioned ”knights” in her service.

The king has not declared any future successor - it would have to be a huge cellebration when that happends.
MC is still in everyone eyes a bastard, a second fiddle, the ostracized prince the king hated - or still hates, if he is indeed also smitten by the visions of higher powers, tha kind of visions Mc has been manifesting as of late.
The MC is not a bastard he is a legitimate son and even without the King's declaration everyone knows he is the heir. The King's word is more of a formality really. The political marriage to a princess while discussing strategic alliances is only valid if the MC is the future king.

cozynot

Jan 19, 2020
doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing this. my game keeps getting stuck on this while speaking to Conrad about meeting an old friend.

Xythurr

Oct 29, 2017
doesn't seem like anyone else is experiencing this. my game keeps getting stuck on this while speaking to Conrad about meeting an old friend.
I had a few of the same glitches. Try pressing ignore at the bottom. It allowed me to continue.

nightsouls

Mar 3, 2020
Regarding the expulsion of MC, my guess is that there is a serious hostility between humans and elves in the palace. MC is a half-elf and the first heir to the throne. Cass's loss of an eye and MC's injury made the highly nervous king realize that the heir was in danger. Exile is actually another kind of protection. Distancing him ensures that he can grow up. MC's entourage also includes people from three forces, and everything is under surveillance. Aker, as a member of Cass's faction, encourages MC to indulge himself more than the other two, which has the purpose of corrupting MC's morality. Although Aker looks like a good friend from childhood, he actually has no loyalty to MC and even has a vague hostility.
Now it depends on how the king shapes MC's image as the crown prince. First, He lets MC get married and finds him a powerful partner. He did not choose the West or the elves (presumably the elves are in the east of the country), but chose the north and the south. This also implies that the hostility between the East and the West is serious, and the king needs to balance the two sides.

Filipis

Nov 15, 2022
Here some screenshots I took
It is absolutely wild to me that there is an entire "LI" character that I won't see on my path, but I say that completely in a good way. Gives a very good reason to play this game again, make different choices and get a whole 'nother journey.

More devs need to do this, but I recognize it is a fine line to walk - locking too much stuff to a singular route is the exact opposite of desired replayability, and no doubt that LM is doing a good job balancing the paths so far (not perfect, but maybe future updates improve on that aspect).

Reactions: EmptyHusk97

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
I understand that many people are unaware that the prince has been crowned heir. Well, at least depending on your choices, that is, if you are good to the king and you don't follow Cassandra's provocations, you will be crowned heir at the wedding.

4.70 star(s) 52 Votes