HTML Abandoned Imperium Fan Remake [0.6] [SuperDooper]

3.20 star(s) 10 Votes

zodiac44

Jul 4, 2017
Ok so I've been reading some of the messages and I'm disappointed to have missed so many bugs.
Don't worry too much about it, bugs happen. From what I've found while fixing bugs, you have two main types that occur over and over again, which you can prevent by developing some good habits:

* inconsistent variable casing, sometimes variables are all lowercase, sometimes they are camelCased, eg "namecorruption" vs "nameCorruption". Some of the bugs are because the variable is written in one casing in one part of the code and a different casing in a different part of the code.
* inconsistent naming conventions, some of the transformation variables are "nameTF" and some are "nameTFF". Some of the events are "nameTFEvent" and some are "nameEvent". Some of the bugs are due to you using both names, eg "paisleytfevent" is used once when the correct variable name is "paisleyevent"

Pick one style of variable casing and make all variables use that style (including changing all existing variables to fit that style), and you'll be less likely to make a mistake in casing going forward. This will break any existing saves, but its worth it for the headaches it will prevent. I suggest camelCase because it is generally easier to read, but use whatever works best for you.

For naming conventions, I suggest a similar approach: pick something that works for you and use it everywhere.

SuperDooper

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
Does anyone know how to work and get money? I looked at a job at the market but can't talk with mrs samek
There is no content there yet, there are only placeholders so it's easier to implement when I get around to doing it

Morningfrost

Jan 7, 2018
Ok so I've been reading some of the messages and I'm disappointed to have missed so many bugs. I'm currently working on a patch for them but I don't know how long until it will be released (work is crazy at the moment) but I will try my best. I would suggest also trying a new save, especially with Paisley related bugs, as it seems there were a couple of broken lines of code between the transition into chapter 1 from the prologue. If the issue still persists I do apologise and hopefully I can get the patch out quickly. I also plan on adding to the cheat system in the patch so that if for whatever reason something breaks or corruption isn't possible, you'll be able to progress with the characters. If you haven't already please fell free to jump in the discord and send me through bugs and other queries you have with the game. I tend to be more responsive on discord than on here so anything put in there is more likely to get responded to quickly. I would also like to thank everyone for the support, it does mean a lot and it encourages me to continue working on the remake. As for some questions regarding the Waldo Mansion, as of right now there is no content in that area, the original put out some content for that but I haven't done anything for the Waldo Mansion yet.
While you're working on things, do you plan on adding a bit of story for some of the secondary characters such as Mia, Candice, Chloe and Jasmine? They're basically just "there" now without any real plot. Same with the girls in the gym, though you're at least meeting them at the gym. Would like to see them have a life outside the gym though lol, cause corrupting them literally all day long, from Sunrise to Late Night seems a bit off lol.

I might also suggest taking a look at some of Slone's current code for things like the neighborhood structure. It's been 20 years since I've done literally any coding so I don't know how much work it would be, but Slone's neighborhood structure is nice, with the various houses kind of concentrated instead of being a list to scroll down.

Still, the "bones" of your remake are pretty good, so to speak. Would like to see it fleshed out a bit, but still on the right track.

~Morningfrost

SuperDooper

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
While you're working on things, do you plan on adding a bit of story for some of the secondary characters such as Mia, Candice, Chloe and Jasmine? They're basically just "there" now without any real plot. Same with the girls in the gym, though you're at least meeting them at the gym. Would like to see them have a life outside the gym though lol, cause corrupting them literally all day long, from Sunrise to Late Night seems a bit off lol.

I might also suggest taking a look at some of Slone's current code for things like the neighborhood structure. It's been 20 years since I've done literally any coding so I don't know how much work it would be, but Slone's neighborhood structure is nice, with the various houses kind of concentrated instead of being a list to scroll down.

Still, the "bones" of your remake are pretty good, so to speak. Would like to see it fleshed out a bit, but still on the right track.

~Morningfrost
At the moment I'm just trying to get a lot of content into the game so it's playable and fun and there's actually stuff to look at and read. But to answer your question, yes, I plan on finishing the neighbourhood in the style of corruption that Sloane put in and then I want to branch out and make more of a story libe and have stats that influence scenes and the like. But for the moment my focus is on getting playable and enjoyable content out.

Morningfrost

Jan 7, 2018
At the moment I'm just trying to get a lot of content into the game so it's playable and fun and there's actually stuff to look at and read. But to answer your question, yes, I plan on finishing the neighbourhood in the style of corruption that Sloane put in and then I want to branch out and make more of a story libe and have stats that influence scenes and the like. But for the moment my focus is on getting playable and enjoyable content out.
Works for me. And I definitely understand wanting to get playable/enjoyable stuff out first. As the saying goes, you have to crawl before you can walk. I imagine that in game-building, you've got to have actual content before you can have filler lol.

~Morningfrost

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
how does one corrupt paisley
it says i need to deal with something, but then will not direct me to it?
Edit: you must work out a few times in the gym, she watches you randomly too sometimes. I did that about ten times or so aand then proceeded to continue talking, it progressed after this

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperDooper

Hornyowl

Jun 4, 2020
If you're remaking this at least double-check the grammar...jeez it's horrible. If English is not your first language, copy and paste into word, let it do the checks and paste it back.

Rapscallion

Jun 6, 2017
Anyone got the 0.4 fix 1 version? The only ones I've found are on russian f**king servers that force you to go premium (and the scams they run).

Hydra22

Jun 5, 2017
I can't continue to corrupt Paisley, this shows me "$ paisleycorruption / 100" how to fix it

SuperDooper

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2018
I can't continue to corrupt Paisley, this shows me "$ paisleycorruption / 100" how to fix it
Honestly I've tried to replicate this so many times and I can't. I suggest trying a new save and seeing if that works. I'm trying to work on a patch for it, but since I'm unable to replicate it, the process is becoming much more difficult, especially for someone as inexperienced at coding as me. I even got sent a save with the broken files and I still couldn't replicate it. I loaded up the save and it instantly fixed itself. I'm making a cheat button for the next update so that should help skip past the broken Paisley section.

Reactions: Snoopy_H
3.20 star(s) 10 Votes