Slone

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2017
Thanks for all the feedback.
Don't worry, this is an alpha there is a lot of things that aren't well polished.
Concerning the fact that the corruption of the family is too quick, I kinda agree.
It is a bit quicker than I wanted it to be, but also this game isn't based on corrupting your family.
It is based on corrupting a town.
But I think that when the game has a bit more content, I might go back on the Family, add more conditions and slow down the corruption a bit.

A little update on where I am:
-The quick CSS update is done(Nothing fancy).
-I think every bug I've been told about is fixed.
-Jen corruption path is done.

Still to do :
-Robert/Natasha Path.
-Dean quick corruption(Only one scene shouldn't take long).
-Dinner Events.
-Redo the intro.

If I continue at this pace, I'm hoping to get it done before Wednesday.

Forgeshield

Aug 5, 2016
Concerning the fact that the corruption of the family is too quick, I kinda agree.
It is a bit quicker than I wanted it to be, but also this game isn't based on corrupting your family.
That's pretty much what I was hoping. The family is quick under the guise of 'it works on people close to you faster', and gives the player a sense of the game; but then other people in town are slower to corrupt. The line between too fast and 'omg is this a QSP game in disguise?' is probably a fine one, so good luck!

• Haha
Reactions: Orlox

WildPT

Mar 30, 2018
About the poll, it's on Patreon:
But a lot of people seems to be very interested in both paths, so when 0.2 is out, I'll post a poll on Patreon (available for everyone, not just Patreons).
So we, those who want to dominate instead of being dominated, have some hope. Patreon members are normally more keen to more about dominate.

By the way Slone, can you post your Patreon link?

l0ckey

Dec 25, 2017
downloaded a few times now, from all 3 main links plus the patreon link, all with file corruption errors for the rar file. Anyone else having that issue?

Tyrranus

May 4, 2017
@Slone have you considered pimping this title on hypnopics? The mind control element, and corruption element would go over well there. As would the fact that you're the one transforming others not being transformed.

Reactions: pillow2088

wep

Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 16, 2016
downloaded a few times now, from all 3 main links plus the patreon link, all with file corruption errors for the rar file. Anyone else having that issue?
Nope.
could you try with 7zip?

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Thanks for all the feedback.
Don't worry, this is an alpha there is a lot of things that aren't well polished.
But I think that when the game has a bit more content, I might go back on the Family, add more conditions and slow down the corruption a bit.

A little update on where I am:
-The quick CSS update is done(Nothing fancy).
-I think every bug I've been told about is fixed.
-Jen corruption path is done.

Still to do :
-Robert/Natasha Path.
-Dean quick corruption(Only one scene shouldn't take long).
-Dinner Events.
-Redo the intro.

If I continue at this pace, I'm hoping to get it done before Wednesday.
Good setup though needs the polishing obviously as my game is broken after corruption.

Reminds me of A Spell for All in how quick the corruption is, but that's fine as long as you can build in a bit more interaction and character to it over time.

Slone

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2017
Yeah I should probably make a post there. With 0.2 release I'll put it up there.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
sometimes unpackers jerk their knees at foreign unicode or localized codepage letters.

Slone

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2017
Update on 0.2.

Most of it is finished, the only thing that is still missing is Natasha path.
I might not finish it today, so in case I do not, the update will be delayed until Thursday.
Sorry for the little delay, I'm not used to working on this kind of project yet, so my timeline isn't really accurate.

Reactions: Gaboris and Cirro84

OwMyFace

Oct 21, 2016
Use 7Zip, I'm guessing your probably using WinRar, which has a habit of acting weird with some archive formats. While 7-Zip handles everything with no issue.

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
Update on 0.2.

Most of it is finished, the only thing that is still missing is Natasha path.
I might not finish it today, so in case I do not, the update will be delayed until Thursday.
Sorry for the little delay, I'm not used to working on this kind of project yet, so my timeline isn't really accurate.
It's cool man. You're already more active and faster with this first update than most devs we saw here. :D
Just make sure to take enough time for bugfixes. Just run along as many paths as you can and pick out all the possible options you made to see if anything is broken or not. We can manage an extra day or two... I'm saying this after literally being unable to play anything quick today since I didn't have anything new or worthwhile in my library so I should know it's okay. :p

jonexhd

Jan 25, 2018
I got tons of Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>> type error, and it's not possible to continue the game...

Gaboris

Aug 10, 2017
I got tons of Error: child tag <</if>> was found outside of a call to its parent macro <<if>> type error, and it's not possible to continue the game...
Read some of the comments. This first build is riddled with bugs like that. The dev is new to this so it is what it is. They say 0.2 is out in a day or two and that should be more stable. :)

Slone

Game Developer
Aug 15, 2017
Hey guys !

0.2 is out

Here is the changelog :

-Quick CSS update.
-Dean bedroom event.
-Several bugfixes on 0.1
-Jen/Natasha/Robert path.
-Dinner events (I had some widgets issues so they might be weird spacing issues).
-I've also rewritten a bit of the intro. I'm not completely happy with the state of it though, so I'll probably rewrite it a bit more in the future.

There is also a very important poll going about the future of the game.

PS: Saves are for sure broken. If you have saves from 0.1, don't use them.

Humlebien

Donor
Nov 15, 2016
Brave to include the Dom path vote. Does not seem to be the....... main pref for the TFG site.
For this site, it's a homerun though.

dspeed

Oct 15, 2016
Hey guys !

0.2 is out

Here is the changelog :

-Quick CSS update.
-Dean bedroom event.
-Several bugfixes on 0.1
-Jen/Natasha/Robert path.
-Dinner events (I had some widgets issues so they might be weird spacing issues).
-I've also rewritten a bit of the intro. I'm not completely happy with the state of it though, so I'll probably rewrite it a bit more in the future.

PS: Saves are for sure broken. If you have saves from 0.1, don't use them.
Decent update.

You've missed one of the big issues that the alpha currently has though, and that's a lack of repeatable events. Essentially the more you progress in the game, the less content you can see; it's punishing the player for playing.

You could write a few generic events and then have them fire when a boolean is triggered, such as the end of current story content.

3.30 star(s) 3 Votes