• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

cents2kk

Dec 16, 2021
Okay man i just started playing this game and the MC is just lets say "Unique" god tell me hes gonna have a character development?

• Haha
Reactions: keefer43

Zakfiel

Nov 9, 2018
I remember playing and loving Personal Trainer back in the day and here i am loving every episode of In a Scent.
You are one of the best Domiek! I love the humor and writing in your games.
Cheers

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
I think the only complaint I have is that this feels somewhat like a kinetic novel, otherwise this shit is awesome.
Honestly, so far it's a kinetic novel. The few choices in the game just add some flavour or show slightly different versions of the same scene, like choosing to pleasure Ma or have her pleasure you instead, but the storyline remains totally the same.

I've learned to appreciate it for what it is: an awesome, incredibly funny VN with some of the hottest female models.

Last edited:

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
As long as all the sex scenes where a guy other than the MC participates can be either avoided, if they're with a LI, or skipped if they're not with a LI (although being able to avoid these would be a point in favor of the game), surely I will try it.
I guess those scenes can't be avoided or skipped.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
The future tags haven't been mentioned anywhere yet. So how bout it Domiek? Harem? ntr/sharing? Pregnancy?
I haven't listed future tags because the story is pretty straight forward so listing future tags will likely simply serve as spoilers and deflate much of the anticipation I try to build up.

All I can say is that if you've enjoyed the game thus far, there won't be any hard curveballs thrown like MC suddenly getting a taste for water sports or us pimping out Ma on the side of the street. You may fall in deep love with Gary though, no promises.

Lamoucheronn

Apr 28, 2017
Is disappointing there are no added scenes if you're going angel route. You'll be missing out some scenes, so perv route all the way.

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
One aspect of this game that we don't highlight often enough is the music selection. I fucking love the music in this VN. It feels like real music, if you know what I mean; it doesn't feel like I'm watching a random Youtube DIY video but a quality product. Everything seems appropriate for each scene, there's a lot of variety, and hardly ever does the dev reuse a track we've heard before. Gut gemacht!

On a different note, I also appreciate the fact that best girl Raya is also the dev's favourite :cool:
Reason in spoiler; I don't want to bore those who don't like reading.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

In 'In a Scent', the landlady (literally this time :LOL:) hasn't been used as a simp milking tool. Kudos for that. Not only that, but the landlady's daughter aka roommate has been chosen as the character with the most significant relationship development, and that's making the story all the more fulfilling for me. In my eyes, that proves that Domiek is a bit fonder of Raya than of the rest of the cast (which doesn't mean that he doesn't love all of them); his avatar and the game's banner seem to confirm it further :WeSmart:
The only thing that disappoints me is the fact that the Scented Candle tier is the lowest one on his Patreon. Why? *sob* :cry:

Bottom line: I'm currently supporting 5 content creators on Patreon, 3 of whom are adult VN developers. My purchasing power doesn't allow me to contribute with more money, unfortunately. However, in the next couple of weeks I'll finally have access to the final update of a game I've been supporting for a long time. Starting from the following month, the number of devs I support will remain intact, but something will be different :)

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

Dev Talk - Personal Training

Over the past week I've been almost entirely focused on the Personal Trainer rework. I've been mostly planning the new structure, the features needed as well as the first iterations of the UI. With the in-laws leaving Friday, I finally hopped back into my office and did a mad sprint of 30 hours of coding in two days.

The list of features is very optimistic and I was hoping that if at least half make it in, I'd call it a success. So far, it seems like everything I was hoping to implement is working. Things like live location tracking of characters on the map and sublocations. No more clicking through every room in the gym trying to see who's there or not as a quick glance at the UI will tell you everything.
I've also reduced the time cycle from a full 24hour clock into a 8 time periods a day. There are four time periods per day [Morning, Noon, Evening, Night]. However, each period has two occurrences i.e Morning I, Morning II., Noon I, Noon II, and so on. This should drastically reduce the many hours of empty locations that we had in the previous 24 hour cycle.

There are many more features I want to implement but need to do further testing. So far I've had to test this essentially in a pure python text-based version of the game since my PC access was limited. I have some features planned to make the actual gameplay fun as I know sandbox games have a reputation of being "empty space clickers". Once I have the fundamentals coded and implemented, I can start doing more thorough testing. Next up is designing and implementing a new UI system.

When I first started working on Personal Trainer, I essentially had no coding, story telling, art skills or knowledge of any kind. This is easily seen in the original code, which is the equivalent of using Excel to manually write out and calculate every individual cell like "A1= A2 + A3 +A4 +A5". It's a wonder PT runs at all. Originally I expected the process of rewriting PT to take months but utilizing chatGPT has really accelerated the coding side of things, which is great as I want to minimize the time away from IaS as much as possible.

That's all for this week. Please remember to . It's extremely important for Steam's algorithm.

Dom

nickbo

Feb 16, 2018
would love to leave a (200 character +, because that really matters) positive review, but alas.....can't find the secret entrance to the F95 "review portal" - so thanks mods, you're really killing it!

Dev -> keep up the good work, if F95 wasn't so F'd up, I'd give you a 5-star review.

4.70 star(s) 120 Votes