Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Why do ppl say the MC sucks? I havent played this to answerit myself
He's an insufferable, entitled, arrogant idiot who had his life handed to him on a silver platter. Now that he's kicked out and has to stand on his own two feet, he continues being an oblivious arrogant idiot. The intention was for the player to get some amusement and good laugh from this moron on his journey of growth and a possible redemption arc.

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
He's an insufferable, entitled, arrogant idiot who had his life handed to him on a silver platter. Now that he's kicked out and has to stand on his own two feet, he continues being an oblivious arrogant idiot. The intention was for the player to get some amusement and good laugh from this moron on his journey of growth and a possible redemption arc.
But, but, but... I want... everything I peek at in the world to reflect favorably upon me. All of it must surround my own personal interests and deliver more upon the mountain of... well not my-own-making but... I dunno, more for me somehow. Why can't it all be in line with MY goals, which are... well I haven't quite figured that out yet but I'm sure when I do, everyone will feel I am justified and there will not be any dissenters within my realm of awesomesauce! For I am the avatar of righteousness and... I do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham!

I don't want to live in a world where I might have to step outside myself to gain a greater understanding of anything ever. Furnish me with all of it MY way. From Go and every single step after that!! Assuming I'm willing to take steps forward, of course... so comfortable within my own bubble, why would I?

And stop calling me a hypocrite! It's argumentative!!

; )

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: keefer43

johnelros

Apr 10, 2018

1665979867260.png

Dev Talk - Post Launch

It feels nice to have a less stressful week now that episode two has been released. The feedback has been overwhelmingly positive and it truly brought a smile to my face, thank you!

I spent most of the week writing the outline of episode three. Normally I spend the first two weeks focusing on improving or exploring the technical side of things, such as shaders, scripting, etc, followed by about two weeks dedicated to writing the episode. This time around I'm mostly avoiding dedicating time towards technical improvements as well as writing the episode out the entire episode.

I'm flying out to Europe in a couple of weeks to spend a week looking for a place to live. Since I won't be able to render during this time, I figure that spending that week writing the rest of episode would be a better use of my time. For now, I'll spend the next few days writing out the first few parts of episode three so that I have something to render before flying out.

I've also spent a couple of days fixing some issues that were present since episode one. MC's dick was as broken as his brain. Any sort of movement outside of the default position created massive deformations that required manual corrections which still looked off. This seems to now be resolved. Another technical issue was that Ma's thumbs were also broken. They only bended sideways which made a lot of scenes, especially the HJ's, a nightmare to pose. This has also been resolved.

Lastly, I may have accidentally stumbled onto a technical improvement. Normally I simulate clothes in Marvelous Designer, do retopology in Blender, redo the sim in Marvelous Designer and then bring it back to Blender. I was feeling lazy yesterday and decided to see if I could just skip the retopology work altogether and use the raw high poly Marvelous Designer sim for renders but use a crappy low poly version for posing. It seems to have worked, although it hasn't been battle tested yet. If this does go through without issues, then future manipulation of the clothes will be even easier, especially pockets/zippers/buttons.

To end things on a sexy note, I finally gave MC new undies. He was rocking those construction paper looking briefs for two episodes now and it was high time he gets a proper pair.

1665979880111.png

Verrrrry niiice, how much!?

Cheers,

Dom

SoulSwipre

Dec 10, 2019
Honestly, the synopsis/genre doesn't appeal to me, but I'll give it a try since it's Domiek. I LOVED Personal Trainer, even thought it has a few loose ends and so much potential to continue.

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Do you intend to have him go to some gym and with time make him look better?
I laughed at his kind of chubby face but it can be nice for once to see an mc change physically in a game, I really love the way you make characters change and grow, hopefully, you make him look better too.
I will still like the game but it can be a nice thing for once in a vn to see that, nowadays the most a dev changes is the haircut xD

Reactions: Domiek

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
Do you intend to have him go to some gym and with time make him look better?
I laughed at his kind of chubby face but it can be nice for once to see an mc change physically in a game, I really love the way you make characters change and grow, hopefully, you make him look better too.
I will still like the game but it can be a nice thing for once in a vn to see that, nowadays the most a dev changes is the haircut xD
That might be a pretty good idea for a sandbox type game but I just don't really see it fitting into this story. I'm trying to make the overall gameplay feel more streamlined like a movie where all the mundane in-between stuff happens off camera so that we only have to see the good stuff that's either story or sexy focused.

Especially games that have stats grinding like strength at the gym, I agree that seeing some sort of physical feedback of the progress would be pretty neat.

Overall, I like MCs douchey pudgy college bro look.

Carla_BrownBB

Sep 22, 2018
I think the way the MC is right now is fine. It's quite refreshing to play this role. Means also the NSFW scenes occur more frequently I hope!

Reactions: johndoe19

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
That might be a pretty good idea for a sandbox type game but I just don't really see it fitting into this story. I'm trying to make the overall gameplay feel more streamlined like a movie where all the mundane in-between stuff happens off camera so that we only have to see the good stuff that's either story or sexy focused.

Especially games that have stats grinding like strength at the gym, I agree that seeing some sort of physical feedback of the progress would be pretty neat.

Overall, I like MCs douchey pudgy college bro look.
I don't like grinding or sandbox at all xD, god saves us from that :ROFLMAO: (still play a few of them but yea, vns all the way).
But some scenes of him in the gym with the sis and maybe flirting with some random girls here will be nice and fun to do, knowing your humor you may think of some funny scene of the sis getting jealous or something like the mc destroying some gym equipment :KEK:.

Blernblern

Nov 19, 2018
Honestly the MC is insufferable at times but at least he's funny as hell. The whole writing is excellent and I really started to like Domiek's humor in Personal Trainer already so this game is right up my alley.

Reactions: talibos

BisonFan02

Apr 2, 2018
I don't like grinding or sandbox at all xD, god saves us from that :ROFLMAO: (still play a few of them but yea, vns all the way).
But some scenes of him in the gym with the sis and maybe flirting with some random girls here will be nice and fun to do, knowing your humor you may think of some funny scene of the sis getting jealous or something like the mc destroying some gym equipment :KEK:.
If djkunn dislikes something, that is a positive endorsement for me.

itouch07

Nov 30, 2018
If our man will be more perv. and girls will less aware will be more realistic for me. It's great job anyways. Normally i never read all texts but this one got me in. 3D Visual job is top 3 in all site. This content is under rated deserve to be on top. Waiting for update bro keep doin it.

4.70 star(s) 117 Votes