VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.53] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 58 Votes

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
Downloaded the gallery into game folder and error when start up. So deleted gallery mod will see if it runs.

J68

Mar 4, 2018
Here's my Gallery Mod for In For A Penny v0.32
(Updated)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Note: The Gallery button appears on the save menu. And I'll only update the mod when there are enough scenes.
If you use the 0.32 gallery with the 0.35 version of the game, the game will fail to load:

After initialization, but before game start.
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 16, in prepare_screen
screen gallery():
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 16, in prepare
screen gallery():
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 20, in prepare
hbox:
hbox:
SyntaxError: leading zeros in decimal integer literals are not permitted; use an 0o prefix for octal integers (game/gallery.rpy, line 22)

PederSilver5

Aug 18, 2020
A lot of characters, introducing all by mayor without any other content took quite a while. Overall story seems interesting, you learn more over game time, goals and challenges, drama (I don't usually like drama). But the balance is still positive, the most attractive characters were Red and Blue from the available intro images (#2 of 8) something for many fetish fans, religion, some of their outfits could be modded imo for MC appreciation. Intro of Classical Greek goddesses add to power plays and subplots. A thumbs up to date. A lot of huge breasted women, and supposedly from their perspective they are their own most desirable traits (not necessarily mine) hanging to knees or wider than doorways. For me, you could even go down to some with B cups, variety is the spice after all. Personality, some good differentiation. I kinda like Janus too, I keep expecting two faces to the ships entity / personality.

Error image loading after Ophelia sex at hospital after Michelle and Mayor with niece leave watching.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Quests/Day 7.rpy", line 1838, in script
    h3 "[Player_name]"
KeyError: 'Player_name'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Quests/Day 7.rpy", line 1838, in script
    h3 "[Player_name]"
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 921, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
    what = self.prefix_suffix("what", self.what_prefix, what, self.what_suffix)
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1168, in prefix_suffix
    return pattern.replace(thingvar, sub(body))
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1152, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 278, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 165, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 205, in _vformat
  File "G:\Adult\InForAPenny-0.35-pc\renpy\substitutions.py", line 168, in get_field
    obj, arg_used = super(Formatter, self).get_field(field_name, args, kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 270, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python3.9/string.py", line 227, in get_value
KeyError: 'Player_name'

Windows-10-10.0.22000 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
In For A Penny 0.35
Sun Jan  8 19:26:55 2023

Last edited:
Reactions: hentai charley

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
If you use the 0.32 gallery with the 0.35 version of the game, the game will fail to load:

After initialization, but before game start.
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 16, in prepare_screen
screen gallery():
File "game/gallery.rpy", line 16, in prepare
screen gallery():
hbox:
hbox:
SyntaxError: leading zeros in decimal integer literals are not permitted; use an 0o prefix for octal integers (game/gallery.rpy, line 22)
fixed, hope it works now.

F!shE99s

Jan 31, 2023
I think the witty banter, distopian like environment and ideas with the storyline are good. The Body types make sense when considering the Characters are all in the situation that was written in. It kind of has a Comedy to it all so nothing is taken to serious. Only thing that I think could be an improvement would be the ability for the MC to access some kind of Menu to check on his progression in the goal of his 'TV show" without trying to be a spoiler for those who haven't played it. All in all one of favorite Renpy games.

Knight of the Dawn

Jun 19, 2022
Here's my Gallery Mod for In For A Penny v0.32
(Updated)

Not an update but an error fix so that the gallery is functional with latest version

Note: The Gallery button appears on the save menu. And I'll only update the mod when there are enough scenes.
Ripson Will you update the mod for this version?

Reactions: Ripson

Ripson

Modder
Jun 21, 2020
Here's my Gallery Mod for In For A Penny v0.36
(Updated)

Not an update but an error fix so that the gallery is functional with latest version

updated, added 5 new scenes.

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi all my compressed unofficial Android port of In For A Penny 0.36
Usual gestures, save name/delete, seethru textbox, resizeable game and dialogue text.
Scrollable choices (when multiple and large)
Scrollable textbox - no more text off the bottom of your screen
Alternative persistent saves/log location
Grant storage permissions on first run!

Mega
Updated my Android port to 0.36

PopPop63

Jun 16, 2020
It started good, but for some reason the dev choose to make it a non-game. I can't imagine that wouldn't drive away most patrons. Kinetic novels suck.
to you maybe some of us like to read books too and this is just like a comic. only an idiot thinks visual novels are games. and even more idiotic people that compain that the VN they downloaded is not a game.

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
v0.36 Exception - <string> ends with an open format operation
Day 11.rpy Line 3106
Replace: a1 "That’s what happens when you get kidnapped by aliens and forced to particip[ate in a sex experiment. Not a lot of chance to stamp your personality on your surrounding."
With: a1 "That’s what happens when you get kidnapped by aliens and forced to participate in a sex experiment. Not a lot of chance to stamp your personality on your surrounding."

In other words, delete the '[' character in the word "particip[ate".

3.50 star(s) 58 Votes