BaasB

Post Pro
Uploader
Donor
Respected User
Aug 5, 2018
Yes, this is the fixed version.

Thank you. That was the last one. Any other issues will have to wait until the next big update release.
- - - -

i will be in a hour PM me if you need to fix this again

• Red Heart
Reactions: Surprise & Delight

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
Cannot go outside wearing waitress uniform. Game says: "I can't go outside in my sleepwear!"

Would also help if you had a Discord set up so that we can report bugs and upload files there, instead of here.

Reactions: Surprise & Delight

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Also the clothes still need work. You still really need a few more saved sets. I would say in addition to what you have you need to add.
work saved set. so underwear and shoes can be saved with it.
workout saved set
date night set
We will be adding some additional sets in the next major update/release, together with the ability to purchase additional clothing. There will also be some additional clothing-related content that wearing sets might prevent from appearing.

Thanks again for your comments! (PS - I love Girl Life!)

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Cannot go outside wearing waitress uniform. Game says: "I can't go outside in my sleepwear!"

Would also help if you had a Discord set up so that we can report bugs and upload files there, instead of here.
We don't have a Discord, but we do have an email address set up for bug reports: bugs@surprisedelightme.com

I am not sure why the waitress uniform thinks you are still in your sleepwear. Try the "undress completely" link before putting on your uniform and see if that works.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
If you save to disk, try renaming the file changing the b to c and see if that will load?
This has no effect. It's a problem in the game's code, which embeds the version into the save file and then the load function checks the versioning. I've seen this same sort of bad coding in some other HTML games. Good HTML games, such as Secretary, Perverted Education, and The Sissy Girlfriend Experiment (just to name a few) don't have this problem. They load old saves just fine.

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
I am not sure why the waitress uniform thinks you are still in your sleepwear. Try the "undress completely" link before putting on your uniform and see if that works.
I cannot test this because I updated to 'c' and now my old internal saves are gone and the save-to-disk save won't load.

You should fix the game so that saves from earlier versions (such as 'b') are loadable in the latest version ('c'). I just lost all of the time I spent playing and now I have to restart. This is VERY annoying.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
To all regarding wardrobe:

We definitely hear all of the comments about the wardrobe system. Thank you all for your patience as we try to figure this out.

We will be taking a great deal of time to review the code for the clothing system and all related scenes/events/conditions. We have reasons for wanting the overall system to function the way it is intended, but if we can't get it right, we may have to also reassess the way that we are doing it. Personally, I am sure that there is just some little legacy gremlin hiding in the code somewhere that is just waiting to be found that will make everything work perfectly. *fingers crossed*

Most of the problems seem to be related to the work uniform and the sleepwear. Hopefully, the sleepwear shortcut works once you set something as a default.

There is no penalty right now if you go to work without your uniform, so try that if you experience issues.

We know that this can be a bit of a pain in the butt at times---if you run into any other problems with the wardrobe, try the "undress completely" option in the wardrobe and add one item at a time.

Again, thank you all for playing our game! I lurked on this site for a few years before becoming a developer myself and know how helpful everyone can be, which is why I appreciate your input and why we try to respond personally to everyone here and address all of your feedback.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
This has no effect. It's a problem in the game's code, which embeds the version into the save file and then the load function checks the versioning. I've seen this same sort of bad coding in some other HTML games. Good HTML games, such as Secretary, Perverted Education, and The Sissy Girlfriend Experiment (just to name a few) don't have this problem. They load old saves just fine.
I cannot test this because I updated to 'c' and now my old internal saves are gone and the save-to-disk save won't load.

You should fix the game so that saves from earlier versions (such as 'b') are loadable in the latest version ('c'). I just lost all of the time I spent playing and now I have to restart. This is VERY annoying.
Understandable. The Save function is a basic function of Twine (the platform that compiles it). I am not familiar with the three games you named, so I don't know if they use a different version of Twine, if they use something other than Twine, or if they were able to adjust the default code in a way that fixes these limitations. But I can take a look at the games and do some additional research/investigation so that this is not a problem in the future.

Thanks again for playing and for your feedback!

Reactions: xenos87

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
More feedback...

1. The game has yoga, but there doesn't seem to be any stats that are associated with doing it (unless it's a hidden stat).
2. The romance stat starts at 90 and goes down. What is the purpose of this stat, and can it be raised?
3. What is the purpose in reading a book? This is another activity, like yoga, that doesn't seem to have any mechanical benefit in the game.
4. Is there some negative effect in the game to not showering or bathing for days?

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016

I cheated a bit. I compared the b and c file, and modified the b file with some of the c changes. Seems to work just fine. I'll upload it if you want to check it out. If you still have the b-file you can do it yourself, I used NP++ with the compare plugin. Basic copy-paste, just don't copy over the last big block.

Terakahn

Oct 5, 2017
Bugs aside, and hats the purpose of the wardrobe system? I didn't encounter any problems, but aside from flavor and having outfit specific activities (ie: gym), what's the point? I didn't notice a difference in how the game played or any media or anything. Not sure if that's a future goal or what.

I'm fine doing laundry but I kind of wish every article of clothing had the same number of wears before washing required. Or if wearing something pre-worn affected stats in some way etc.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Bugs aside, and hats the purpose of the wardrobe system? I didn't encounter any problems, but aside from flavor and having outfit specific activities (ie: gym), what's the point? I didn't notice a difference in how the game played or any media or anything. Not sure if that's a future goal or what.

I'm fine doing laundry but I kind of wish every article of clothing had the same number of wears before washing required. Or if wearing something pre-worn affected stats in some way etc.
Those (and others) are all planned for future versions. Once we get the wardrobe system working properly, then we can start to build off it.

aigimilan

Oct 9, 2017
I'm sure it's beating a dead horse at this point but the wardrobe system kicking you back to the main screen every time you click anything is brutal.

When I'm in the intimates menu, I want to pick both a bra and panties. It's nothing but frustration for the clothing to be spread across 15 different pages and if reset to the main wardrobe page after every selection.

Getting ready for work on day two:
Building a clothing set. Click intimates, click save to set 1 on whatever bra you want and automatically go back to the main wardrobe menu. Click intimates, click save to set 1 on whatever bra you want and automatic ally go back to the main menu.
Realize you're naked, click on intimates, pick what bra you want to wear and automatically go back to the main wardrobe menu.

This has actually made dealing with clothing even worse than it was in the first build.

The rest of the game looks like it's going to be absolutely amazing otherwise, but this wardrobe system alone makes me question giving it another chance.

Rambo1221

Jul 15, 2019
As of V0.10 Game content is currently 55 gifs, 217 jpegs

Its a bit text heavy for me but I'm not much of a reader, the writing is good though.
Haven't found any bugs
Could do with more guidance/objectives - the games fairly empty at the moment so finding content can be hard
Specific locations need specific outfits - this annoys me. If I have the outfit just put me in it don't make me go home and change
Played for over an hour and found f*ck all content, this has promise but give it a few months at least.

I haven't found the content yet but there are stats for:
Voyeurism
Exhibitionism
Prostitution
SubDom
Bisexuality

Console Commands / Cheats

Player stuff
SugarCube.State.variables.Money

SugarCube.State.variables.Arousal
SugarCube.State.variables.Energy
SugarCube.State.variables.InhibitionMinimum
SugarCube.State.variables.Inhibition
SugarCube.State.variables.CorruptionMaximum
SugarCube.State.variables.Corruption
SugarCube.State.variables.Romance

Partner stats

SugarCube.State.variables.BobbyAttraction
SugarCube.State.variables.BobbyFriendship

replace Bobby with any of these names
Alex
Cassidy
James
Jim
Scott
Shaun

Afew of them aren't gender specific so there may be lesbian content
still feels like you can't do anything after changing the values. Can't even go around without panties etc.

2.90 star(s) 29 Votes