VN Ren'Py In Her Service [v0.62] [Blue Factory Games]

4.00 star(s) 21 Votes

ElCharlo

Game Developer
May 25, 2022
That rendering choice has negatives (no raytracing which means worse lighting) but also has benefits (I can share VR scenes from game for people to see scene not just as 2D but being in room with characters) and way easier animation which means I plan most of erotic content to be animated.
Have you looked into environments with baked lights? I think I saw somewhere that you customized the house yourself, maybe you could try adding baked lighting too!

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Have you looked into environments with baked lights? I think I saw somewhere that you customized the house yourself, maybe you could try adding baked lighting too!
I spent around 3 months trying to add baked Global Illumination. Turns out that Unity version VAM uses is just horrid for GI regardless of method used. It requires picture perfect UVs, it often fails and whole host of other issues. I would love to get proper GI but VAM or should i say Unity have major issues with that.

ElCharlo

Game Developer
May 25, 2022
I spent around 3 months trying to add baked Global Illumination. Turns out that Unity version VAM uses is just horrid for GI regardless of method used. It requires picture perfect UVs, it often fails and whole host of other issues. I would love to get proper GI but VAM or should i say Unity have major issues with that.
True, this Unity version is very outdated. But using Bakery GPU lightmapper + Unity auto generated UVs, the result are honestly really good. Plus, it only takes 15 minutes or less to bake the lights, instead of like 6 hours +.

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
True, this Unity version is very outdated. But using Bakery GPU lightmapper + Unity auto generated UVs, the result are honestly really good. Plus, it only takes 15 minutes or less to bake the lights, instead of like 6 hours +.
Tried autogenerated UVs. They are crap.
By "Bakery GPU lighmapper" you are talking about plugin/extension or build in one ?

Bonerhat

Dec 2, 2018
Have you explored VAM to Blender export workflows already? I haven't personally explored going that direction before, and know going from even Daz to Blender which is far more supported it can be a headache, but I have seen plugins for it before. seems to work well from it's demo, and allegedly offers an animation export method which I assume is your biggest concern. Big outlier then is clothing which I don't see much on, but possibly a VAM to Daz to Blender middle step could work, and open you up to all of Daz's clothing library too.

Though unless it turns out easier than expected, it's probally far more of a workflow change than should be done this far into the game. Easier to just keep going and getting better at faking GI or luck out on a baking solution working. But possibly something to keep in mind for a 1.0 remaster or future game though.

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Have you explored VAM to Blender export workflows already? I haven't personally explored going that direction before, and know going from even Daz to Blender which is far more supported it can be a headache, but I have seen plugins for it before. seems to work well from it's demo, and allegedly offers an animation export method which I assume is your biggest concern. Big outlier then is clothing which I don't see much on, but possibly a VAM to Daz to Blender middle step could work, and open you up to all of Daz's clothing library too.

Though unless it turns out easier than expected, it's probally far more of a workflow change than should be done this far into the game. Easier to just keep going and getting better at faking GI or luck out on a baking solution working. But possibly something to keep in mind for a 1.0 remaster or future game though.
Nice, Yeah. That's something if i would do I would use in other new project.

Yes, it's an extension
Thanks mate, i'll look into it. If i could GI it would be fantastic. A bit of hassle to add it in the middle of project but i could experiment and see if it will work correctly.

Reactions: ElCharlo

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019

You can download it from this thread or my patreon/subscribestar.

v0.62 compared to v0.61:
✅ 5,2h -> 5,4h Gametime
✅ 58 -> 63 Events [+5]
✅ 15497 -> 16886 Lines of text [+1389]
✅ 1393 -> 1569 Images [+176]
✅ 84 -> 97 Animations [+13]

DeemLeem12

Dec 12, 2020

You can download it from this thread or my patreon/subscribestar.

v0.62 compared to v0.61:
✅ 5,2h -> 5,4h Gametime
✅ 58 -> 63 Events [+5]
✅ 15497 -> 16886 Lines of text [+1389]
✅ 1393 -> 1569 Images [+176]
✅ 84 -> 97 Animations [+13]
Perkele?

• Haha
Reactions: Repressed

SonsOfLiberty

Post Pro
Compressor