Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
Sin-X

Although I really got a little tense and thought that my new game was already in the public domain. Because I send the closed version to 2 people on this forum.

In short, the beginning of your message made my nerves tense :) Until I saw the screenshot.

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Sin-X

Although I really got a little tense and thought that my new game was already in the public domain. Because I send the closed version to 2 people on this forum.

In short, the beginning of your message made my nerves tense :) Until I saw the screenshot.

You have any game in the public domain yet ? if so name drop them i checked your profile but can't find anything depending on what type of game it is i would happilly check it out.

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
You have any game in the public domain yet ? if so name drop them i checked your profile but can't find anything depending on what type of game it is i would happilly check it out.
I sent you a private message.

Reactions: Sin-X

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
I have initial content and dialogues, which, after completing the event, changes the old content and expands it;)
For example.

You can communicate with the characters and spend time with him, but if you have passed the stage of the first sex with him. Then these moments change and open repeatable content.
Yup, same. Sometimes multiple times.

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
Feyschek

Recommendation to change the following scene the gifs are awful to look at really hard to see anything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Understood. On the one hand, it's not exactly easy to find such specific scenes, and these are the best I have found so far. If I find others that are better quality, I will swap them out. This will be difficult, because I specifically wanted the struggle to see through the crack without opening the door fully. On the other hand, it's also dark and obstructed and supposed to be hard to see.

Sin-X

God of Death
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
Understood. On the one hand, it's not exactly easy to find such specific scenes, and these are the best I have found so far. If I find others that are better quality, I will swap them out. This will be difficult, because I specifically wanted the struggle to see through the crack without opening the door fully. On the other hand, it's also dark and obstructed and supposed to be hard to see.
I actually did do a search for scenes, and found some but didn't suggest them because like you said above the door was far to open so there was zero mystery to what's happening.

I keep an eye out and if i find any good scenes I'll send them your way.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Surprise & Delight

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
While there are going to be short scenes with other visitors to the apartment, Brian is the only person who will ever come to live with them for an extended period of time. He is the only character who needs to have the ability to move around freely and allow the two protagonists to move around freely while he's there. Code-wise, it makes sense to build all of this at the beginning before things get too crowded. Story-wise, it makes sense for a couple starting in this lifestyle to look close to them relatively early in their exploration. (He's not intended to be "the first," and once I have more content, the start of his week will be pushed back slightly.) Writing-wise, the MC's character didn't *have* to be black, but that is easiest for me to write as I am trying to get more comfortable with writing in this genre. (The writer for my first game recently left for personal reasons and I am taking over writing duties.)
And indeed while I'm criticizing what appears to be the uniform ethnic choice of males, on the other hand the writing seems to avoid the silly raceplay stuff, so my hats off for that. I didn't know mc had any appearance described, I must have missed it - some of his images show him as a white guy, some show a black guy (tho these may have been bugged brian images in wrong place).

Still, my skepticism remains, especially the more I look at code - surely things like w.pref.bk or w.pref.sq aren't what I'm imagining?
Realized after I posted reply that I forgot to address the second point.

Because the nature of the game isn't strictly linear storytelling, some of the development has to occur in stages. It can be tricky (if not impossible) to build the layers of changing attitudes & relationships all at once.

The way you wrote it makes sense what you're going for, but for me as a player it certainly didn't feel like that for a few reasons:

1) After picking route choice open or cuck (id prefer swing but not in game yet), the next progression is wife telling you about a random hookup. This was odd enough as a first step, since you'd expect them to take steps together at least on cuck path, but if mc enjoys it and asks her to tell more, clearly he's embracing this change in their relationship dynamic.

2) The Brian stuff only occurs after you go through what, 8+ screens of encouraging your wife to strip more in front of him? I'd say it's pretty clear what the mc's preferences are at this point.

The idea you put forth in your spoiler; of mc not having a cuck fetish yet him allowing his wife to fuck around really only makes sense to me in an ntr context. Meaning quite simply, why on earth would anyone have their wife fucking around if they didn't desire that themselves? This idea of "coming around to a sharing fetish" whilst starting from a cheating/less enthusiastic framework is a purely NTR fan concept, and you see it in a ton of games describing themselves as 'ntrs' games but more accurately appealing to NTR crowds. Completely at home on an NTR path, but out of place on a cuck/hotwife path. I would consider forking these paths at some point during the strip night, like [MC showing an insecure reaction to his wife showing off --->ntr path] vs [MC cheering and encouraging her ---> cuck path].

Or, have this all occuring later in the game compared to other events. I was quite suprised nothing came of the boss storyline, intuitively this felt like an organic stepping stone after having the initial WTalk_Relat1. E.g., boss invites you out to club, starts flirting with your wife, wife pulls you aside and says she wants to go further with him, etc. Instead, out of left field we have the wife telling you about some rando she fucked.

Long story short, I think the paths would be great if they happened as they were described in InstructionsStart. Right now, it's a blend of unfaithful and pseudo-open-relationship; technically he gives his consent but it sure feels under duress.

============================================================

Unrelated - I think some player's critiques on a hint system or walkthrough could be remedied simply by adding a few more stats to the StoryCaption display. Perhaps the current path selected, or the h.pref.cuk/h.pref.opn/h.pref.swg values so players know they're actually making progress. I understand the motivation in keeping w.luv and w.rsp hidden, but with no attributes shown the player can feel lost like they're not making progress.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
a work around i found is hit the back arrow then go back in sometimes you will have to do that a few times
Yup, I had to do this several times - some other bugs, not sure if mentioned yet, while in husband pov only setting, occassionally itll flip to wife pov screen with no continue button. This happens after telework on laptop, and a few other places I can't recall.

RubenVOLD

Apr 30, 2020
Good concept of a game but is kind of green at the moment the paths could have some improvements keep it up DEV game looks good just need more content and polish some issues others already pointed out here.

Darklord1234

Jul 13, 2018
How the fuck does this have 2 good reviews already? There's nothing to review! Seriously. I found it to be just mindlessly repetitive. Must have picked a path not developed yet?

Rhazes

Dec 29, 2019
This is a nice surprise. In Her own hands one of best html games and I heavily modded it. Im Looking forward to future versions when this game opens up with more areas.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
I think I understand what you're asking, but if I have misunderstood, lmk.

The hint system (which I also included in the other game) is first & foremost a way to signal that all available story-content has been played. So much of the content is repeatable that a player could keep playing for weeks/months of game-time without any new story-content. This signals that it's ok to stop playing & wait for the next update. Also, to show the lazy players who complain that there's "no content" that there is, in fact, content but they suck at this game. ;)

Second, though there are hints in the writing, some of them are subtle. I still get a lot of questions about how to make this or that scene appear. I think some of it may just be from people who are not native English speakers. They may not pick up on some of the subtle hints. The hint system is slightly more straightforward but doesn't give away everything. It is just "hints" not the full answers.

Third, some of the hints are just reminders: "Hey, don't forget to be at this place at this time for an event!!"
I think it is a good idea to have both. Some might just read across or even skip - so they might miss hints in larger text. Or you have ppl that are not that good in englisch and might miss these hints.

I tried the game with the wife view ... Then I got the MCs friend "unlocked" - not in my try without her perspective .. is that intentional?

However - in any case,

Feyschek

Game Developer
Jun 12, 2021
I think it is a good idea to have both. Some might just read across or even skip - so they might miss hints in larger text. Or you have ppl that are not that good in englisch and might miss these hints.
A very true statement on this matter, not everyone comes to this type of game to read the text. I would even agree with this point, but there are a couple of but.

The first point: this is a browser game, what does it mean? Correctly, you can easily translate the page. But there are nuances: if the author of the game knows English, then the auto-translator translates normally.

https://f95zone.to/threads/path-to-paradise-v1-00-r-diazis.34005/ A good example when one part is well written and the auto-translator can translate it normally. And in another part of the game it is generally impossible to play with an automatic translator.

Second point: if the game were built on a different engine that did not require working with a browser, I would agree with this part completely.

This is my purely personal opinion ;)

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020
And indeed while I'm criticizing what appears to be the uniform ethnic choice of males, on the other hand the writing seems to avoid the silly raceplay stuff, so my hats off for that. I didn't know mc had any appearance described, I must have missed it - some of his images show him as a white guy, some show a black guy (tho these may have been bugged brian images in wrong place).

Still, my skepticism remains, especially the more I look at code - surely things like w.pref.bk or w.pref.sq aren't what I'm imagining?
Sorry, I misspoke, the MC himself is white, his best friend is black.

Yes, those preferences probably mean what you think. First, they are preferences. Everyone has them. If a girl is more attractive to blondes than redheads, why would that be an issue? Obviously, when a preference is a physical trait, it is only a preference relating to physical attraction. Physical attraction is not the only thing that people are attracted to. Second, one of the two doesn't have anything to do with race, so I'm not sure why you brought it up in a convo about race.

Also, the way this code is written, preferences are built up based on your actions. So if you are seeing a value greater than 0 for a racial preference, then you have played the game in a way to build that statistic.

1) After picking route choice open or cuck (id prefer swing but not in game yet), the next progression is wife telling you about a random hookup. This was odd enough as a first step, since you'd expect them to take steps together at least on cuck path, but if mc enjoys it and asks her to tell more, clearly he's embracing this change in their relationship dynamic.

2) The Brian stuff only occurs after you go through what, 8+ screens of encouraging your wife to strip more in front of him? I'd say it's pretty clear what the mc's preferences are at this point.
1. Agree to disagree. 25 year olds generally tend to default to dating apps, especially for random hookups. In the convos, the husband never presents the idea as something she needs his permission to do. Her being told, we should fuck other people, would be followed by, ok, cool, I'm gonna find someone to fuck then. Enter dating app. And to me, being into hearing the details can be a transitional step before just jumping right into watching it happen.

2. Are you unaware that maybe a man would want to show off how sexy his wife is, but not necessarily want her to fuck someone else? Do you think all models, strippers, etc., are either single or prostitutes? Obviously not. The "fashion show" stripping has two possible outcomes: one w/ the wife and the husband, the other w/ the wife and Brian. But even if he is interested in this possibility it doesn't nenecessarily follow that he is 100% ready for it to happen, for him to be involved, etc.

The idea you put forth in your spoiler; of mc not having a cuck fetish yet him allowing his wife to fuck around really only makes sense to me in an ntr context. Meaning quite simply, why on earth would anyone have their wife fucking around if they didn't desire that themselves? This idea of "coming around to a sharing fetish" whilst starting from a cheating/less enthusiastic framework is a purely NTR fan concept, and you see it in a ton of games describing themselves as 'ntrs' games but more accurately appealing to NTR crowds. Completely at home on an NTR path, but out of place on a cuck/hotwife path. I would consider forking these paths at some point during the strip night, like [MC showing an insecure reaction to his wife showing off --->ntr path] vs [MC cheering and encouraging her ---> cuck path].

Or, have this all occuring later in the game compared to other events. I was quite suprised nothing came of the boss storyline, intuitively this felt like an organic stepping stone after having the initial WTalk_Relat1. E.g., boss invites you out to club, starts flirting with your wife, wife pulls you aside and says she wants to go further with him, etc. Instead, out of left field we have the wife telling you about some rando she fucked.

Long story short, I think the paths would be great if they happened as they were described in InstructionsStart. Right now, it's a blend of unfaithful and pseudo-open-relationship; technically he gives his consent but it sure feels under duress.
Yes, this is literally the very first release of a work in progress. There is a lot more storytelling that hasn't happened yet. I kinda feel like you're saying "the ending of this story doesn't make any sense at all based on the first chapter." I am sorry if I am misunderstanding the intent of what you're saying, but that's how it's coming across. Furthermore, I'm seeing a lot of discussions of the tropes present in other games, even while you talk about how my game doesn't really have any of those tropes. I assume that you're not familiar with my other game. The only reason that I started making games was to avoid some of the shitty tropes that are all over games made by lazier people. I won't say that I have been perfectly successful in all cases, but I'd prefer to just discuss what's in my game(s) as opposed to things in other games. (Unless we're talking about those other games in other parts of the forum ---- which we are both apt to do as well lol.)

"Nothing came of the boss storyline" YET. (You probably didn't see at least one wifepov scene that will come in.) You are literally describing the way that storyline will be progressing. But the game is not finished. Nothing came of Shaun yet either. Or Beth. Or any of the characters that haven't been introduced yet. I explained in another post (I thought it was my response to you) why I started with Brian from a coding perspective, that he is not intended to be the very first event in the long-term development of the game, that this is not a linear game and that a lot of the development will be to create more breadth. A lot of what I think you are saying are specifically incomplete parts that will be finished.

For example, one weakness right now that I am working on improving in future releases is specifically the difference between the wife's pov scenes and telling the story w/ no pov. Part of the issue is how to have her still making decisions that have stats effects off-camera (which is mostly there but needs a little bit of tweaking in the next update to reflect a couple of last minute revisions). The other issue is with how to have enough impact tied to these off-camera moments to build the feeling of mystery, excitement, etc. I'm still working on that & it should get better as the story develops and I have more opportunities to incorporate these types of impact into the narrative.

Long story short: Take a breath and let it happen. :)

Unrelated - I think some player's critiques on a hint system or walkthrough could be remedied simply by adding a few more stats to the StoryCaption display. Perhaps the current path selected, or the h.pref.cuk/h.pref.opn/h.pref.swg values so players know they're actually making progress. I understand the motivation in keeping w.luv and w.rsp hidden, but with no attributes shown the player can feel lost like they're not making progress.
I don't like crowded design. The wife's stats are there if playing with her pov, but not otherwise. The game is not a purely stats-based progression, so stats alone are meaningless for story progression. They do have more meaning when it comes to things like sex scenes, etc. The Love/Respect/Satisfaction/Happiness stats, together w/ Arousal, are a good status check on the relationship at a meta level. Beyond that, most events are tied to previous events and reactions to those events, combined w/ stats. If I put too many stats over on the side, it could create the perception that the stats are themselves more important than they actually are.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Surprise & Delight

Game Developer
May 28, 2020

I tried the game with the wife view ... Then I got the MCs friend "unlocked" - not in my try without her perspective .. is that intentional?

However - in any case,
The swinging route is the least developed right now. I agree w/ the text in yr spoiler.

There is a little bit of inconsistency rn w/ the wifepov vs no pov. I am working on getting those realigned & better developed (over time). It is possible that I missed an event trigger in the no pov version. I will be focusing on those types of things in this update.

Reactions: Trasher2018
3.90 star(s) 7 Votes