3.70 star(s) 38 Votes

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
I assume the dev is watching F95, soon as a link is uploaded, they get it DMCAed
or the persons posting the patreon link instead of a reupload, and the dev is killing the link

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
0.6.1 beta pc:

thanks to Nefurien for link
not gonna lie, I don't trust that link
file types different then previous releases
the files and folders inside seem unrelated
and my Anti Virus picks up sketchyness when I scan it
I'll wait

Last edited:

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
not gonna lie, I don't trust that link
file types different then previous releases
the files and folders inside seem unrelated
and my Anti Virus picks up sketchyness when I scan it
I'll wait
I just checked and version 5.1 and 6.1 are like identical (I could be wrong). Can I ask you to explain better what you mean by "different file types" and "unrelated folders"? Maybe with some screenshots. I'm genuinely curious.

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
I just checked and version 5.1 and 6.1 are like identical (I could be wrong). Can I ask you to explain better what you mean by "different file types" and "unrelated folders"? Maybe with some screenshots. I'm genuinely curious.
So I just downloaded the ones from the main page, those look normal to me, didn't think it had V6 on there
I was referring to the one being linked to by peih
top 2 windows are a copy of v5 i had, and the copy of 6 i grabbed from the main page, they match
bottom 3 are layers of the file i got from his link
1: the main file is a ISO for some reason and it contains a few files and a zip, none of which i recall from previous releases
2: opening up the Zip file, is a folder called energy
3: opening up energy is a bunch of files that don't match previous releases
4: upper right mostly cut off is my AV, I figured id scan it, and my antivirus does not like the EXE it includes

tbh could be something finally infected my PC and is swapping files when i try to download it
but its weirdly close to what id expect size wise, and only effects anonfiles?

update
seems to download normally on a 2nd PC
can confirm it downloads wrong on a 2nd browser on this PC
guess who has a excuse to reinstall windows :D

also, this seems almost hyper specific if its some kind of malware to only effect one site

Last edited:

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
So I just downloaded the ones from the main page, those look normal to me, didn't think it had V6 on there
I was referring to the one being linked to by peih
top 2 windows are a copy of v5 i had, and the copy of 6 i grabbed from the main page, they match
bottom 3 are layers of the file i got from his link
1: the main file is a ISO for some reason and it contains a few files and a zip, none of which i recall from previous releases
2: opening up the Zip file, is a folder called energy
3: opening up energy is a bunch of files that don't match previous releases
4: upper right mostly cut off is my AV, I figured id scan it, and my antivirus does not like the EXE it includes

tbh could be something finally infected my PC and is swapping files when i try to download it
but its weirdly close to what id expect size wise, and only effects anonfiles?

seems to download normally on a 2nd PC, guess who has a excuse to reinstall windows :D
Okay, definitely the iso file is not good, but it's really strange because I tried downloading from that link again and I don't have that or the energy folder! Well if from the other links everything was fine for you, then good. I was curious what you were referring to. Thanks for responding with the screenshots as well!

edit : Oh okay! " guess who has a excuse to reinstall windows :D" Damn :LOL:

Reactions: peih

kurailxix

Modder
Oct 21, 2018
Okay, definitely the iso file is not good, but it's really strange because I tried downloading from that link again and I don't have that or the energy folder! Well if from the other links everything was fine for you, then good. I was curious what you were referring to. Thanks for responding with the screenshots as well!
"Well if from the other links everything was fine for you, then good" not good, means something is making me download whats likely a virus when i try and use that site
i should probably make like a VM and just start putting anything ive pirated recently onto it till the downloads start being wrong, to get an idea of where i got it

it also happens with 1/2 other anon links i tried
does seem to be malware tho, if you google it you get a mix of adware and crypto mining malware

Reactions: Nefurien

Nefurien

Sep 10, 2017
"Well if from the other links everything was fine for you, then good" not good, means something is making me download whats likely a virus when i try and use that site
i should probably make like a VM and just start putting anything ive pirated recently onto it till the downloads start being wrong, to get an idea of where i got it

it also happens with 1/2 other anon links i tried
does seem to be malware tho, if you google it you get a mix of adware and crypto mining malware
Yes I wrote that message before I realized that you probably had a virus. I replied to you while you were updating the post.

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 38 Votes