3.80 star(s) 38 Votes

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
Cracking the game apparently has become more and more harder each new version, i think this new version is not crackable but if it is, i hope someone come and tells us or send us the cracked version in a matter of time from now on
There's really no such thing as an uncrackable system or software. It's simply not possible. At worst it will take a bit longer than the author took to impliment it. The easier path would be simply disseminating the password. But if there is a way to open a lock it can always be beaten or even bypassed entirely with relatively little effort.

I find it sorta amazing that the dev apparently devotes the time to change it up in each update.

• Sad
Reactions: Sinthering

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
I'd also wonder if they aren't simply taking off the shelf options, then how much time is devoted to these efforts compared to development.

• Sad
Reactions: Sinthering

sunnychad

Jan 27, 2023
There's really no such thing as an uncrackable system or software. It's simply not possible. At worst it will take a bit longer than the author took to impliment it. The easier path would be simply disseminating the password. But if there is a way to open a lock it can always be beaten or even bypassed entirely with relatively little effort.

I find it sorta amazing that the dev apparently devotes the time to change it up in each update.
can u do it please

Reactions: Drkxzz03

Hmong-sama

Jan 3, 2019
To play that version, I guess you gotta unzip it while offline. Meaning turning off internet on your computer/laptop and also play it offline to not have the cracked password. It has happened before (in previous uncracked versions).

sunnychad

Jan 27, 2023
To play that version, I guess you gotta unzip it while offline. Meaning turning off internet on your computer/laptop and also play it offline to not have the cracked password. It has happened before (in previous uncracked versions).
it did not worked. it is still asking the password

OnStars

Apr 30, 2019
Still waiting for another hero that maybe knows the password (and can give it to us without making it obvious that the password leaked to the dev) or for someone that cracked it and removed the password tbh

Reactions: Drkxzz03

sunnychad

Jan 27, 2023
how can a game can be cracked. like do we need to know programming language and remove the condition in that program to crack a game ?

Ouryuken

Apr 28, 2017
is it the present update game is tough to crack or nobody is interested in doing it
There's some people that do it but they "feel for the patrons" so the wait a ton before releasing it, almost about the time the next update drops

Last edited:

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
can u do it please

Maybe? Honestly, it falls outside my skill set a fair deal. My skills are more in the network security and admin fields. I can come up with ideas and theories that would be hit or miss since I've never torn apart a game to attempt it. It would take me far longer than the people I'd bet are already working on it. That'd be time that I honestly don't have, I spend a lot of time learning things more useful to my job.

I can say the whole process is made easier since it's pretty simple to decompile a ren'py game. People familiar with making or editing games made in renpy will just need to find the parts dealing with the DRM and find a way to handle it.

I'd say to rest assured that it's likely someone is already hip deep in handling it for you guys. I'd also say it's morally grey to do so, but I figure there's probably people who've donated more than the price of the end product. Those people sorta have to keep donating to get future updates unlocked and I find charging someone twice, three times, even upwards of ten to twenty times the cost of the product is far more than morally grey. Maybe the dev has a list of anyone donating the full cost and gives it to them for free? But most never go that route so I doubt it. That's one of the big reasons I follow this development and find it interesting speculating on how much time the dev spend trying to stymy any pirating.

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
Still waiting for another hero that maybe knows the password (and can give it to us without making it obvious that the password leaked to the dev) or for someone that cracked it and removed the password tbh
I'm fairly certain the dev actively watches for that here. They are playing an open game of cat and mouse. The thing would be ensuring the anonymity of the person leaking the password so they don't lose access to the patreon, though making a new patreon account is free and they'd just need to do so for the next update. I'm honestly surprised someone didn't go that route with a "burner" account using a burner payment source such as a one use credit card number available from most banks for online shopping security.

The low-tech work around is generally pretty simple, though I definitely think the crack makers are gaining very handy skills that can lead to a good career if they aren't already in the security/programming field.

moze99

Aug 26, 2021
Oh, just re-read my first post of those two. I'm not saying I feel someone shouldn't be able to donate whatever to this team. If they are invested enough into this and want to help an indie I'd be very happy they do so. It's sort of an odd conundrum to me, I don't necessarily feel most Patreon projects are meant to be exploitative, or are exploitative at all.. I do feel they walk a fine line in many ways though.

If the dev looked at anyone whose donated 30-40 bucks and gave them access to a private download that'd be kept up to date .. I feel they'd lose patrons, which could delay or even halt production entirely. It's a mess I'm glad I don't have to deal with as I'd be a bit torn on how to handle it.

3.80 star(s) 38 Votes