1.00 star(s) 2 Votes

vonamatas

Jun 23, 2021
Swampystudio: The phone icon doesn't appear in my game. I downloaded the full not compressed version, and I made sure not to use the ctrl button for skipping.
Do you have an "eye" icon? screenshot0005eye.jpg
Eye closed - there is no phone in the upper right corner, eye open - there is a phone.

Daddy-S

Aug 27, 2022
Ok how do you enable it please
screenshot0001.png
screenshot0003.png screenshot0002.png
Capture.PNG
Sadly I have no idea how to give it too other people and it too work, throwing the file in without the vn being unren'd causes errors.

EDIT: ok so after a few more minutes I discovered if I deleted the relpatch.rpa it seems to work. I dont know what I am doing and if it will break anything but it seems to work (I speed through with ctrl). You can try if you like and make a backup.

There is also a cuckon var unset which seems reasonable for this dude and maybe a sign of the future.

Last edited:

swampystudio

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2024
A few things.
1) Midget MC showing no signs of puberty. Seriously?!?
OK, I understand that the game is made for a specific age group, and MC appearance is supposed to attract potential customers. The problem is with those who turned 14 (15?) years ago - it's hard to step into the shoes of a kid. Yes, I know, his appearance doesn't deserve the [shota] tag.
2) The game leads to excessive use of the [CTRL] key. Not only is the [text speed] parameter set to 50% by default (reading for dummies?), but the author also uses renpy.pause(#, hard=True).
https://f95zone.to/threads/independent-horizons-v-0-2-0-swampystudio.204329/post-13633677
That's why you have to click each text 2-3 times, and the beginning of the chapter has a timer set to ??? 9999999? (I don't check the script) Seriously? ... not funny!
View attachment 3863830
3) A light or medium-light case of FFS.
(FancyFontSyndrome)
[irony] The text is still readable, which means the author did it wrong - FFS is used to emphasize the uniqueness and depth of a masterpiece, if it is still readable... something went wrong!
4) Heavy, lenghty writing. Nothing extreme, just too many words for a "fuck 'em all" VN, under other circumstances it's not a bad thing.
5) The name cannot be longer than 7 characters. Once again - seriously?!
View attachment 3863831
I guess that a longer name messes up the text formatting in some places. I don't know if it's a problem, maybe where you live no one uses long names (yes, there are such places).
Noted! Thanks for the review/feedback! I'll see what I can do in the next update :)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Right, I played the compressed version, and there was no problem. I'm just wondering how the quickmenu button changed...
Yeah that shouldn't happen without modding it in some way, the images of the buttons have to be there in the first place :unsure:

Reactions: swampystudio

TommyTuba

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
That shouldn't matter those are all the same versions. I have no clue what the problem could be tbh. Even if the download was corrupted you can't get new UI images out of no where.
I don't know either, but I just downloaded it again from Gofile and the icons are there.
. . . Ah, figured it out. I used a Renpy Universal transparent text editor on the Pixeldrain version. That was the issue.

1.00 star(s) 2 Votes