3.40 star(s) 5 Votes

Osurankaya

Apr 1, 2023
game.PNG
By the way, a small mistake in the game; although I used a different player name, the first message from Emily used the default name Tom.
The final version of the game looks very good, the story seems to reach interesting points. Good luck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: swampystudio

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
Regarding the error people were reporting when trying to call Pauline...

I opened the phone when there was instruction text on the screen, saying to check messages from pauline and if none, open the phone and call, and when opening the phone when there is text during that scene, the phone button is not inter-actable.

Closing the phone and clicking through the screens in that scene until the text is NOT on the screen allowed the phone icon in the text section to actually be clickable.

Ozygator

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 15, 2016
I didn't record everything prior to the video call with Pauline and Hannah, but there were a number of these same type errors then, including 2 hard-coded references to "Mrs. Cruz" and "tenant" respectively.

Should be able to search the code for the word "tenant" or the characters names, and make sure they are all variables, if you plan to have the player be able to change them or be called something different.

Spelling issues:
1729040395732.png
Should be "best friend".

1729040449208.png
Missing comma, should be "Wait, is that Hannah?"

1729040562233.png
He was adopted, in this scene and the next he would be her adopted BROTHER. "Step" only applies if he was the son of one of the marriage partners.

1729040694050.png
Not sure if Eula believes in the paranormal, but her dad is dead, he wouldn't be able to reach out to her. If she believes in ghosts or the paranormal (I haven't reached that point in the story) this would make sense. At this point in the story it doesn't because nothing has shown she believes in ghosts.

1729040814613.png
Should read: "I don't think you're a bad person."

1729041069142.png
Unless Pauline is practicing on the high dive, which we see she's not, this sentence is misleading. A more clear option could be:
"As Pauline, known for her powerful diving starts, heads to the starting platform, Hanna stands by the pool with a stopwatch"

That entire sentence is fairly clunky, unless the diving is important to the story it could probably be left out and just say "powerful start" or something similar.

1729041551844.png
The "race's" halfway point, which is the wall and used as a turning point. The "pool" halfway point is in the middle of the pool.

1729042113664.png
Should read "..a juicy, fat, hotdog.." not 'some'

-----------------------------

Someone else can pick up the others. :)

• Love
Reactions: swampystudio

swampystudio

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2024
I didn't record everything prior to the video call with Pauline and Hannah, but there were a number of these same type errors then, including 2 hard-coded references to "Mrs. Cruz" and "tenant" respectively.

Should be able to search the code for the word "tenant" or the characters names, and make sure they are all variables, if you plan to have the player be able to change them or be called something different.

Spelling issues:
View attachment 4137115
Should be "best friend".

View attachment 4137118
Missing comma, should be "Wait, is that Hannah?"

View attachment 4137122
He was adopted, in this scene and the next he would be her adopted BROTHER. "Step" only applies if he was the son of one of the marriage partners.

View attachment 4137124
Not sure if Eula believes in the paranormal, but her dad is dead, he wouldn't be able to reach out to her. If she believes in ghosts or the paranormal (I haven't reached that point in the story) this would make sense. At this point in the story it doesn't because nothing has shown she believes in ghosts.

View attachment 4137125
Should read: "I don't think you're a bad person."

View attachment 4137138
Unless Pauline is practicing on the high dive, which we see she's not, this sentence is misleading. A more clear option could be:
"As Pauline, known for her powerful diving starts, heads to the starting platform, Hanna stands by the pool with a stopwatch"

That entire sentence is fairly clunky, unless the diving is important to the story it could probably be left out and just say "powerful start" or something similar.

View attachment 4137146
The "race's" halfway point, which is the wall and used as a turning point. The "pool" halfway point is in the middle of the pool.

View attachment 4137169
Should read "..a juicy, fat, hotdog.." not 'some'

-----------------------------

Someone else can pick up the others. :)
Hey, I really appreciate this! Thanks, man! I'll make sure to review and update everything. Before releasing the new update, I’ll go through it all from the beginning and simplify the narration so it’s not too lengthy. I did check it before, but I guess I missed quite a lot since my focus was different at the time. For example, it said Ms. Emily instead of Ms. Lily in a specific scene. So, thanks for pointing that out! I’ll definitely consider your feedback in my next review.

Last edited:

swampystudio

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2024
Hi,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev good luck with the game anyway.
Okay thanks! Hehehe What you said gave me an idea for something new to update next time. :giggle: Oh, right - I forgot that those last images shouldn’t zoom out unless you've checked the hole. Either way, I can't reveal the purpose of these women publicly, as the game is still far from reaching the main story and climax. ;) Also, I’m building up points for each character on every option, so make sure you know what to choose.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

3.40 star(s) 5 Votes