Jan 2, 2020
that is why i never considered helping devs on patreon

you never know if you get a game complete
because most of the times a dev is either abandon the project
or miliking the patreons and deliver nothing

yes there are a few devs out there who are worthy
but most of the time the dont get any attention
and you never notice them
Well, it's your decision. I for one see it different. You don't buy a game on Patreon, you actually give credit for and helping with the developement of a game. Quite some wouldn't even exist if nobody support them. It's probably better for you using Steam for finished ones.

tazaaron

Donor
Oct 18, 2019
Well, it's your decision. I for one see it different. You don't buy a game on Patreon, you actually give credit for and helping with the developement of a game. Quite some wouldn't even exist if nobody support them. It's probably better for you using Steam for finished ones.
If the dev is making some money there's a better chance they would stick around, yes some do still quit but the other side of the story the devs not making money quit a lot and i don't blame them. Nobody likes to put 100s of hours in each month and make no money and get shite on by forumites.

If you like a game, support it.

Jun 2, 2020

and you're right ....

BlasterChief

Jul 12, 2020

There are quite a lot of famous masterworks in art history that would never have seen the light of day if there hadn't been wealthy people who believed in the artists and suported them so they could create their art. Patreon and its ilk are a modern, democratic version of the age old patronage system. And as always, it's hit and miss but at least there is a chance for a finished, worthwhile result that would not exist without patronage.
In this specific case I do believe that simply blaming the developer for the lack of success would be unfair. It has been known among backers that he had health problems as well as problems paying his medical bills (he is American). The latter left him unable to continue the development when his graphics adapter died and he couldn't afford a replacement.
This information is from the developer himself and thus not neccessarily verifiable, but "In dubio pro reo.", as they say.

whydoineedto

May 21, 2022
So, he deleted f95 account. Did he post anything resembling a blog anywhere lately? Has his illness turned for the worse? Did he move on to another project or is he just not doing anything until he recovers? This was a very promising game. F.

Zane11

Oct 31, 2021
There are quite a lot of famous masterworks in art history that would never have seen the light of day if there hadn't been wealthy people who believed in the artists and suported them so they could create their art. Patreon and its ilk are a modern, democratic version of the age old patronage system. And as always, it's hit and miss but at least there is a chance for a finished, worthwhile result that would not exist without patronage.
In this specific case I do believe that simply blaming the developer for the lack of success would be unfair. It has been known among backers that he had health problems as well as problems paying his medical bills (he is American). The latter left him unable to continue the development when his graphics adapter died and he couldn't afford a replacement.
This information is from the developer himself and thus not neccessarily verifiable, but "In dubio pro reo.", as they say.
I generally agree with your view. However, I think a short message by him explaining the situation would have gone a long way. This complete silence seems to be what puzzles many people the most. In any case, I also hope the man does better in his personal life.

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
It's a shame it gets abandonned, i loved the little Inertia and her buttplug !!
But if a dev has some difficulties and can't get enough money to cover what such a game can cost, i understand that he stoped it.
Getting enough patrons is not easy, even if you have a good game if you don't advertise and show yourself in forums you won't get much. Many other devs have faced the same problem, you need to get on the scene and show your ass!!

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
What the fuck man. One of the very few games with beautiful female protagonist with lesbian route. Literally this game had so many positive things to it only to get abandoned. Aoa academy and now this.

Reactions: afterlights

Amnios

Donor
Dec 27, 2018
To avoid this, play only finished games, otherwise it will happen often.
I wonder what it's like to live life without disappointment...

It's a shame it was abandoned, but one of his last posts on Patreon was about his GFX card dying, maybe he couldn't replace it and just gave up?

Still as someone else said, would be nice if devs said why they are stepping away.

Reactions: Ass Fan

DanThaMan

Engaged Member
Jun 25, 2017

It's a shame it was abandoned, but one of his last posts on Patreon was about his GFX card dying, maybe he couldn't replace it and just gave up?

Still as someone else said, would be nice if devs said why they are stepping away.
A lot of devs don't say anything when they quit so they can keep collecting the free money whilst their patrons still think an update is coming..

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020

If some Dev's said at least why they are leaving for their audience, it would be easier to overcome the sadness.

Reactions: Dragon59

pearlo

May 21, 2018
Now that this game has been officially abandoned, are there any ex-patreons who can share the hidden gallery or other patreon-exclusive content?

Reactions: SubtleHustle

Deleted member 3917737

Jul 12, 2021
If you like a game, support it.
I'll support a Dev by buying their game on Steam, when it's actually completed. Only if it has editable options for Naming characters (not just MC's) their Ages (if it needs it) and the Relations (for the cesty filled games) I am not trying to buy a censored game that I would need to download a patch for.

If you are rich, or have money to burn, go ahead and take that risk/gamble of a game that may or may not ever get completed. Only if the Dev is worth it, and not another liar making up sad stories.

The dev has health problems and lives in a country without universal health insurance
Of course he does lol. Almost every Dev with sad stories is "They have health problems and these troubles" I won't believe anything they say anymore without proof. Legit proof and not fake. Also, after reading this post

Yup, he abandoned the original version of this game then remade it to what it is now.. and then he's abandoned it again :KEK:
Just made me think of the Dev of Sylphine. A Dev that lied, took their Patreon's and Steam User's money and is now cowering away somewhere.

• Haha
Reactions: DanThaMan
3.90 star(s) 37 Votes