VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

Fzoner95

Oct 13, 2017
Progress is slow but steady. I like your work although I really shouldn't that much because of all the issues. It's confusing. Anyway: Go Kinney!

Reactions: PapaJohnLunchMeat

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Damn that was a bite-sized update, if even.
I like the game, but those updates are annoyingly short. I might just wait until 4-5 are finished between play-sessions.

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Sorry, but I don't see how they look similar!?
Maybe because the color is so close - dont know. but it is ok :p

After finishing I have to say that there are more important "problems" ^^

The story seems fragmentary and erratic. Then you get the message that the sexy scenes are missing or not finished. At the end everything turns up and it gets totally incoherent. Maybe I'm too stupid and don't understand it, but I were totally confused during the last two scenes. It seems as if there is a massive lack of content between the scenes.The barbershop scene is coming out of nowhere and is over so quick and then you have that prison scene with a girl we barely heard of (just that short flashback) and we try to get her out ... Why? How? What? ... And what is CI and AI? - CI might be covered identity or something like that?

Maybe you should stop that "will come later" approach and try to finish the story in a "linear" way. I mean it is ok to change something later, but maybe it might feel better when the content we get is at least complete.

I want to like the game because the story seem entertaining and the girls look good, but currently the story has the problems i mentioned above and that make this a hard sell for me :(

Reactions: KinneyX23

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
The last two scenes are basically just a teaser of what's to come. That's why I added the screen that tells you to save beofre them. In hindsight it wasn't really the best idea to do it though. As for the scene with Riley, that's not a flashback. The scene plays in the present and it will be explained what this is about in the next release.

Also CI stands for "Confidential Informant". ;) AI ususally for "Artificial Intelligence", but I'm pretty sure I never used that, if I did then by mistake.

That said, thanks for your "kind" words and the somewhat unusual way to tell me the game has a som problems (which I'm aware of). It's refreshing to read criticism, that's not like it's usually the case with some people.

herrbertold

Jun 7, 2017
I like this game, and I have been waiting for each version to come out with great anticipation. But This is one of the Slowest games in active development. Or at least it seems that way. I mean, I swear that 2 or 3 versions of 0.6 have come out and when I start with my last save, the next panel is it telling me thanks for playing and thats all for now.
I will continue to watch this game and play (or try to) it when it comes out, but I wanted to voice the frustration, because I can't be the only one feeling this (Yes, I was to lazy/busy to read back into the rest of the forum)

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I admit progress is slow and it's actually a lot slower than I like. I'm doing my best though to put as much content in as I can, the main issue is that my day job doesn't give me enough time to put in an amount of content in that you see on other games. With a bit of luck though, there's a chance to get more content in the next releases. I won't go into too much detail right now, because it's not set in stone yet.

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
I admit progress is slow and it's actually a lot slower than I like. I'm doing my best though to put as much content in as I can, the main issue is that my day job doesn't give me enough time to put in an amount of content in that you see on other games. With a bit of luck though, there's a chance to get more content in the next releases. I won't go into too much detail right now, because it's not set in stone yet.
Don't stress yourself too much. Real life is more important than getting us the game. And what you put out story wise is enjoyable and worth waiting for when you feel its up to par. My fear is rushing might hurt what you give us and that would make me sad.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah, I've done that a couple of times in the first few months and I still suffer from the aftermath. The biggest issues have been solved by now, but at the expanse of the player, so you guys, because you had to restart a couple of times.
Now it's basically just fixing some details, but it's still a problem even today.

So in that regard, no I won't rush things. I made a post yesterday about the update cycle and about future content. Along with something that's hopefully possible and will give everyone more content for future releases. One of my Patrons hinted, that I should drop the beta versions and I think he's right. There are some other things that I mentioned, but the main point is that there are some changes coming and those are definitely for the better of both the developement and the player. :)

I'm working on the next release again, after a few days where I took a break and played AC Odyssey. There are some nice scenes coming (at least I think so) and I guess something that quite a few people were looking forward to. ;)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And with that Happy Holidays everyone. :)

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
From Patreon
Dev-Update #03/19
Hey everyone,

I’ve been silent for the last months I know and yeah I probably should post something more often than that. I’ve thought about posting a weekly update, but the truth is I can’t promise that I will be able to do that. The monthly Dev-Update is something that I try to post every month around the 20th, but as you’ve seen even that sometimes is a bit difficult.
That doesn’t mean though that I forgot to post or that I went away and abandoned IR!
The fact of the matter is though, that with my day job, all the stuff that comes with it and the preparation of renders and the story, it’s not always possible for me to post something. I’m gonna try to post a quick update every now and then though.
Now onto IR version 0.1. I’ve said on my Discord that the release will be ready in about 1 ½. The release version then won’t be the full 0.1 though. Or rather it won’t be 0.1 just yet.
The problem is that I lost my entire Daz library with all the assets and scene files. To be fair though that most likely was my own fault. I’ve had about half of the scenes on another drive as well though and thankfully those scenes were most of the scenes for the new release. So I got back up and running fairly quick. So in short, I royally forked up. ^^
Nevertheless the renders are done by now, it’s just that there are still some kinks with some of the renders (and to be honest I don’t want to add flawed renders now, only to rerender them later on and kind of force you to replay the game/scenes again), the code and the story. I’m gonna try to add as much as I can, but it’s most likely not gonna be everything I’ve wanted to add, so the new version will only be version 0.75.
I will give my best to provide the full 0.1 release as fast as possible. After all the changes to the code and the game in general that’s sadly the best I can do for now. But even though it’s not gonna be the full 0.1 release it’s still going to be the biggest update I’ve ever posted. So I guess that’s at least some good news.
The Eva path alone will add over 50 images and then there’s the continuation of the Main/Beth path which will eventually add roughly more than double that amount once 0.1 is released.
So approximately half of the total number of images that are currently in the game will be added in 0.1. For 0.75 however it’s “only” around 100 renders that are going to be added. Version 0.75 will for now only add the night of day 4 and the the morning/noon of day 5. The full release of 0.1 will eventually add the entire day 5 with the focus mainly on Beth’s job.
Last but not least, I’m really sorry about the fact that I won’t be able to post the full release yet, I really wish that I could, but as I’ve said due to the library and scene files vanishing that’s not really possible. And yeah I admit it’s most likely entirely my own fault.
And with that …
Best regards
Kinney

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Well that's where you're wrong. I'm still working on the update and if Patreon decides to not open my page up again, then the game will still be on itch.

I'm not doing this for the money btw. I'm making this game because I want to, no matter if I get compensated for all the hours and money I put into the project. If I were in it for profit, I would have stopped making new content a long time ago. The hardware alone that I had to buy in order to even start, did in fact cost more than what I got back because of the Patreon campaign. But sure if you think I reported myself, just because I wouldn't have to finish the update, then that must be it. ;)

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes