VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
I just posted this on my Discord:

Hey '@'Everyone
so I have good and bad news. The good news is that I will most likely get the page back and am allowed to resume what I started. But unfortunately this is where the bad news begin.

In order to resume I had to decide what I wanna do. But first a bit of context. Patreon told me that the character in question is Charlie, because Beth sent him away. In order to be allowed to have the game on Patreon though I'd have to rewrite the entire Intro and a lot of the plot in addition to removing the incest. And that would destroy the vision, that I had for IR. It would probably allowed to have it on Patreon if I'd use something like landlady instead if mom, but even that would require a lot of changes or otherwise the story would make no sense.

But the biggest issue is that incest is an integral part of the plot and therefore can't really be removed. Believe me I've tried in the last few days and even though some of you might be okay with it, if I remove the content in question. I'm not. The fact is that I wrote the story years ago and IR is based on that story.
Having the most important part of it removed is something that just doesn't feel right. The goal of IR was never to make money, my goal always was to create the game exactly like I invisioned it and sadly that's only possible outside of Patreon. The fact of the matter is, that the the ingame goal of IR always was to avoid and prevent incest, not to actually go for it (even though that was and will be a possibility). So back to the bad news.

I decided to pull IR from Patreon and move AbF there instead.
Don't worry though, I'm still going to continue with IR and in fact it's still going to get new content, but it will from now on only be available on itch.io or on sites like f95zone. I know it sucks and I wouldn't blame you guys if you'd decide to delete your pledge.

best regards and sorry for the bad news
Kinney

Again let me make one thing clear, I will NOT abandon Inevitable Relations and will continue to work on the game. The only change is that it won't be the game for my Patreon campaign anymore.
The reason for that is like I said above the fact that I'd need to change too much in order to redesign IR, so that the story is just a shell of it's former self. Sure it might be possible and still have the game with a plot that technically makes sense, but it won't really help the development if the story basically just pisses me off, because I can't create the game the way I intended it to be.
I'm aware that this change will cost me some support, maybe even most of it, but like I said many times before money never really was my goal.

supermanz95

Aug 7, 2016
I personally never cared for Charlie and avoided most of the interaction with him, so if you ware to cut him out completely I'd be more grateful than anything, but it's your game your vision, glad to see you being positive and hopeful about your project after getting the patreon slamdunk, to many dev's completely crumble after such outcome.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Thanks, but let's be honest, just abandoning IR was never an option, so there's nothing else I can do. Either I play by Patreons rules or say screw em and develop the game the way I want to with it being on itch and possibly my own website soon.
And yeah I know Charlie is kind of a controversial character, but he's a very important character and can't be removed. It's like removing Beth from the story, it just wouldn't work.

realever

Sep 17, 2018
@KinneyX23 I don't know much about patreon, but would it be enough if you mentioned in the intro that he's adopted? Then you would only need to post a patch here that makes the original intro again.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
@realever
Unfortunately no. There are a few reasons, but the main issue is that Patreon makes no distinction between blood-related, adopted or even step-relations. At least as far as the someone said, that I'm in contact with. But Charlie is just part of the problem, like I said incest is an integral part of the story and without it, it just doesn't make sense, unless I rewrite a substantial part of dialogue.

realever

Sep 17, 2018
@realever
Unfortunately no. There are a few reasons, but the main issue is that Patreon makes no distinction between blood-related, adopted or even step-relations. At least as far as the someone said, that I'm in contact with. But Charlie is just part of the problem, like I said incest is an integral part of the story and without it, it just doesn't make sense, unless I rewrite a substantial part of dialogue.
good to know.i didn't know patreon makes no difference about that.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@realever

They would have to also redo everything with the daughter not just with Charlie then there's the sister\aunt as well if they have anything.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Yeah that too, although it's not they (well technically it is, because Panda Penguin Games is the coder of the project), it's just me who renders the images and writes the script.

But just as a quick update, the page should be ready to go now and unless Patreon asks me to do another utterly ridiculous thing again, I'm gonna be "back in business" soon.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Both brother and sister are going crazy for each other. And the player character is a third wheel. You know what I will do? I will get out of there, let the siblings do their thing.
Well, it's not gonna be that easy, that much I can tell you. Yes, the premise is that Charlie and Eva grow closer, but you can also prevent that from happening and at the same time pursue something with either one of them. Or rather you will be able to do that.

I dont give a damn about Charlie. I do like Eva and I could have gone with Bethany×Eva. If Eva wasnt fawning over the Charlie dude.
Like I said above, it's not happening that Charlie and Eva start something unless you as the player want that to happen. ;)

Perhaps it could be, if only the brother dude is looking for a sexual relationship with Eva, while Eva is a bit reluctant or does love her brother but is not sexually interested in him. (Suggestion)
Can't say too much here, without spoiling what's gonna happen, so I gotta be careful now.
The thing is though that Eva is not interested in Charlie in any sexual way, at least not from the start.

(Lets suppose if my wife or partner were to ever show a tiny bit of feelings or interest in other individual, I will break everything and move on. Thats the kind of individual I am.)
It's gonna be entirely up to you what will happen. She's not gonna do something unless you "ruin" the relationship beforehand.

So what about individuals like me? Who dont give a damn whether the siblings grow closer or grow apart. Will there be something for us in the story?
(Some other characters route that the female protagonist could chose, preferably a female one as I have played tons of games and 99% of that is dick fest, same old shit).
Short answer: Yes!

No offence, and I apologise if I sounded rude.
Hey, no worries. You made some good points and I hope my answers helped a bit. :)

Reactions: Robert Monotoli

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
For me I'm going to cock block Charlie and it's going to be Benthany + Eva and maybe Bethany's sister and I'll ignore Charlie and the GF.

Reactions: That_Guy_Lurking

BonnyJohnny

Sep 2, 2017
Nothing after four months... and previously was slow progress as well (let's face it!)... :confused:
I'm sorry about that, but I let this game go... :cry:

Deleted member 833007

Aug 20, 2018
@realever
why don't you play as patreon tells you then make an incest patch...

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
why don't you play as patreon tells you then make an incest patch...
Mainly because I really don't want to. I want to create the game the way I had in mind when I started. Sure I just could have changed it to landlady, roommate etc, but I honestly didn't want to do that. But it wasn't only the incest that was a problem for Patreon, it was that Charlie according to Patreon at least, seemed to be a minor and in order to satisfy them I would have to change the entire premise/reason why he was gone for a year.
I'm not really happy with the way either, but pulling IR from Patreon was the only way that I could think of to continue like I want to.

An update should be at the end of the month. Can't say it would, but i think that's possible.
Sure it would be possible, but then the updates would be small. And by small I mean they would add approximately 15-25 images per month. I just don't have the time to put out big updates each month and let's be honest here IR will be free, so the Patreon campaign is/was only there for people who would like to support the development even with the conditions that are apparent right now. I'd love to put out more content in less time, but with my job and everything that comes with it, I can't unfortunately.

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes