VN Ren'Py Abandoned Inevitable Relations [v0.1b] [KinneyX23]

4.10 star(s) 10 Votes

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
With the current version of Charlie I have to admit, that I tend to think the same. Although and that's probably an important part, without Charlie the story would make no sense. Even if you don't want him to "have" any girl, he's still an integral part of the story.

Reactions: PapaJohnLunchMeat

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
New model looks good, I'd say go for it!

On a less carefree note, the in-game menu seems to be broken for me with the newest release (0.1a) meaning I can't save or load other than quicksave/load. Any idea whats going on there?

*EDIT* Nvm, solved it. Somehow 'beth_16_sleep_19.webp' was missing, replaced it with a dummy file and its working now.

Last edited:

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
On a less carefree note, the in-game menu seems to be broken for me with the newest release (0.1a) meaning I can't save or load other than quicksave/load. Any idea whats going on there?

*EDIT* Nvm, solved it. Somehow 'beth_16_sleep_19.webp' was missing, replaced it with a dummy file and its working now.
That's why there's a fix attached to the OP. Although I'm pretty sure that I updated the links, because when I download the game via the Mega link there is no error. :unsure:

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
That's why there's a fix attached to the OP. Although I'm pretty sure that I updated the links, because when I download the game via the Mega link there is no error. :unsure:
Oh, hah! Woops. Didn't even notice there was a fix on the front page. Oh well, alls well that ends well!

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Just a small update on the potential change of the Charlie model. Of course the change would mean that I'd have to rerender all the images with him, that are in the game at the moment. That includes all the renders on day 3, where he has some "fun". I could use the previous model for the female, but I thought (mostly because she's a model that everyone can buy and use) that I change her as well. The image below shows the "new" Charlie and the (maybe) new female, who still doesn't have a name, since I never thought about it tbh.

charlie_nocluewhatshernameisgonnabeyet_2.png

Lillen B.

Oct 18, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Personally, I prefer the original gf model but she's fine as well. Whateva you wanna do mang!
I'd also probably prefer skipping swapping the Charlie model if you'd have to spend time going back and retro-fitting him. Story content, bb!

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Personally, I prefer the original gf model but she's fine as well. Whateva you wanna do mang!
In fairness I do too. Unfortunately it's not that simple, I'm gonna try to keep the old model, but I can't promise that. If I'm able to keep her in the game, then the model above will probably have a different role.

I'd also probably prefer skipping swapping the Charlie model if you'd have to spend time going back and retro-fitting him. Story content, bb!
Again, it's unfortunately not that simple. All my models are Genesis 8 models, but Charlie is a Genesis 3 model. So I either have to convert him to G8 or just go with a new model. And since I thought about changing some details of Charlie anyways, I did exactly that. Well it didn't stop at details as you can see.
But yes I have to rerender all the scenes with him, but I'm not gonna let that interfere with preparing and rendering new scenes for the game. In other words it won't be a sudden change, especially because it would be way too much work to swap Charlie models and also add enough content.
So it will probably take at least 2 updates to the game until all the changes are done.

That said I'm not a hundred percent sure if I really wanna change him either, so right now it's not really sth to worry about.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Cool, sounds good!

My point exactly. Do you need to swap him?
From a pure technical standpoint, no I don't have to. I could also convert him to G8, it's just that I'm missing quite a lot of scene files due to a harddrive crash a couple of months ago. Like I said though, swapping models is not set in stone yet. And IF I do it then not in a way that would prevent me from adding new content to the game.

really enjoying it so far, love the different angle
Thanks very much. :)

Reactions: Lillen B.

Een Vieze Vent

Aug 5, 2017
From a pure technical standpoint, no I don't have to. I could also convert him to G8, it's just that I'm missing quite a lot of scene files due to a harddrive crash a couple of months ago. Like I said though, swapping models is not set in stone yet. And IF I do it then not in a way that would prevent me from adding new content to the game.

Thanks very much. :)
In my honest opinion, and if you have the time for it, I say go for the newer model for Charlie. I really despise this version of the Genesis 3 model, (we call him Max because he is in soooo many other games.) especially the very punchable face that he has.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
Thanks, but I already got it from Itch. :)
Kinda figured that you would. :)

In my honest opinion, and if you have the time for it, I say go for the newer model for Charlie. I really despise this version of the Genesis 3 model, (we call him Max because he is in soooo many other games.) especially the very punchable face that he has.
I'm aware of the situation with most models in games and that a lot are either Max from BB or the daughter from DMD. I have to admit that Charlie has a resemblance to Max, but that said he's not a model that you can buy. He's custom, what might give you the idea that he's the same is the hair though and maybe the skin, but the model itself is not the same.
In fairness I kinda regret choosing the hair asset now, because of the resemblance, changing the hair now wouldn't be such a big issue, but as you said he would still look broadly similar to other models, that's why I had the idea of creating a new model for him.

And of course I would only switch models, if time permits. It wouldn't be a change for the next version for example, because that would prevent me from adding new content, so I'd only work on the rerendering of Charlies scenes when I can. But I'm still not sure if I really should switch models tbh.

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
This game has only lesbian action ? And what about the story ? The overview says about brother-sister relation if i understand it correctly...

victor659

Jan 9, 2019
For now.

U understood correctly.

Story is amazing. But now it's too short :(
Ok thanks for the answer. I don't have a problem about a little lesbian action but if the game is focus only to that it is not for me. Also i think the story overview about a male character (Charlie) that return home is misleading because you don't expect by that the game to be 90% - 100% lesbian.

Higurashika

Nov 15, 2018
Also i think the story overview about a male character (Charlie) that return home is misleading
The story is about Charlie's mother - Bethany. She could be lesbian or bi, same for her daughter. So you right about 90% lesbian content :D If i understood correctly only male action in game would be with Charlie. And (MAYBE) with his uncle.

KinneyX23

Modder
Game Developer
Dec 20, 2016
This game has only lesbian action ? And what about the story ? The overview says about brother-sister relation if i understand it correctly...
Nope, it has one scene with normal sex, but it's not with Beth or Eva (well not really).

U understood correctly.

Story is amazing. But now it's too short :(
Yup he did and yes the story is too short right now, but hopefully it will be a lot longer soon. ;)

Ok thanks for the answer. I don't have a problem about a little lesbian action but if the game is focus only to that it is not for me. Also i think the story overview about a male character (Charlie) that return home is misleading because you don't expect by that the game to be 90% - 100% lesbian.
Not sure why it would be misleading tbh. It states that you play as Bethany and that her son returns home after a year away, there's no mention of sex in any way.

The story is about Charlie's mother - Bethany. She could be lesbian or bi, same for her daughter. So you right about 90% lesbian content :D If i understood correctly only male action in game would be with Charlie. And (MAYBE) with his uncle.
Actually no. Yes there's more lesbian content right now, but ultimately there's gonna be (roughly) an equal amount of content. And nope Charlie and Leo aren't the only possible (male) love interests. That's all I'm gonna say though. ;)

Reactions: PapaJohnLunchMeat
4.10 star(s) 10 Votes