Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Machine translation? For this? Why though? It's not even worth it.
Knowing who translated this, I would imagine they think it makes them more prestigious. Shitting out waves of broken translations is just about padding the search results on their own site and making themselves look "good"

• Sad
Reactions: greenp and Dharak
Jan 12, 2020
More like Inferior Games, am I right?

Seriously though, I love a lot of games and anime that come from Japan to the extent where a lot of people would probably call me a weeb. But one thing I will never understand is their obsession with ugly bastards and rape.

Usokitsuki

May 1, 2018
As things stand, I would personally recommend just getting a raw RJ273744 download and then slapping ULMF partial on it. As with many MTL's, a partial translation is likely to result in a better experience for you, than this mess, even with Silentce's bandaids. I don't believe this version is repairable without pretty much redoing everything from the beginning

Reactions: Dharak

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
As things stand, I would personally recommend just getting a raw RJ273744 download and then slapping ULMF partial on it. As with many MTL's, a partial translation is likely to result in a better experience for you, than this mess, even with Silentce's bandaids. I don't believe this version is repairable without pretty much redoing everything from the beginning
I agree with this statement. the game is a mess. I did what I could but there was so much left undone that I would of liked to fix but it was pointless. I only made the game functional. Most of the text runs off the screen unfortunately that is not easily fixed.

xort

Jun 1, 2017
Fixed the infinite loop at the public bathroom.
The second page of controls was resetting variable 33 when it should have been doing 34.
Extract to www/data and replace map001 with this file.

EDIT Fixed the stuck on the homeless camp event 3. Was resetting the wrong variable again. To clear the even you need to visit other uncle for the invite event, then do an exposure in the downtown -> residential.

Last edited:

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
Fixed the infinite loop at the public bathroom.
The second page of controls was resetting variable 33 when it should have been doing 34.
Extract to www/data and replace map001 with this file.
Cool didn't even check for that nor did I hear anyone mention it. Good job taking care of the bug :)

Deleted member 690333

Jun 18, 2018
It's a pirate site, can't complain about that, but if you need to share something at least do that properly. Like other mentioned, there's this huge waves of MTL games out of nowhere that most of the time needs fixes and shit for working as they should, and in the end they might even not taken by peeps like Kagura Games because of it, because someone "already translated them" (and god I always hope not, because the Starworks games here are really good). A game needs to be tried before getting shared here, at least this was the standard back in the days.
(and yes, to whoever reads this, I actually did it with the games back then whenever I wanted to share it, minus two or three titles that I indeed upload here with MTL. I acknowledge that. But at least they were playable and not broken).

I honestly don't know why mods and staff allows these kind of broken games to be shared here, it's beyond me at this point.
This is what I keep telling people when they say "why cry about MTL????" like my guy cmon would you rather mtl or wait a decent while for it to get properly translated and actually playable because once it gets MTL'd it's not getting a proper translation and to me a lot of these newer MTL's are like playing in japanese soooo I'd rather wait years for a proper than this garbage that's taking over

michika

Jun 13, 2017
Im not suprised if whoever "translated" this game is gonna use his "skill" on Ryoka's game. Please. Dont. Touch. That.

Hmm...

Oct 26, 2017
Never understood the hate for RPGM or the need to voice them. RPGM gives some of the freedom and erotic scenarios you often cannot find in a visual novel. Both are fine mediums imo.

Now, the amount of ugly bastards and MTL in this game are unsettling.
I can explain it. The problem isn't the medium itself necessarily, but the standard of the medium. It is the same reason people bitch about Unity games, despite how many great games have been made with Unity. Some concept here. Yes, there are some amazing works done in RPGM, but a majority of games made with it are bare-minimum effort incomplete shovel-ware, a good chunk of which are just Visual Novels but you have to run to (or worse, find) the next scene over a needlessly massive, slow, and empty world. Think of Pavlov. If almost every venture into an RPGM game results in disappointment, people will then associate RPGM with disappointment subconsciously. Since a majority of RPGM games play like Ren'Py games but with boring chaff added in, this leads people to assume Ren'Py is inherently the better medium. This only gets worse with games like "Manila Shaw", which ignore or break useful aspects of RPGM to make even more pointless time-wasters such as having to run all the way home to change outfits, rather than just using the built-in equipment menu, or the obnoxious unskipable shower scene that you have to repeat every day.

Games like that lead to players resenting what should be strengths of the medium. The freedom of movement and open-world aspects become useless padding that only serves to annoy the player, the inability to skip overly-long exposition dumps or repeated scenes, etc. Even though there are great RPGM games that couldn't be done in something like Ren'Py, they are so few in comparison to the constant waves of trash that people are conditioned through repetition into hating the medium as a whole.
Psychology is fun.

Also, ew. I will not be playing this game. The poor translation alone would be discouraging, but the fuck-ugly faces and generally disgusting art-style would keep me away even if the translation was flawless.

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
This is what I keep telling people when they say "why cry about MTL????" like my guy cmon would you rather mtl or wait a decent while for it to get properly translated and actually playable because once it gets MTL'd it's not getting a proper translation and to me a lot of these newer MTL's are like playing in japanese soooo I'd rather wait years for a proper than this garbage that's taking over
My 2 most recent projects are reworks of other people's MTLs, saying MTLs don't get proper translations isn't true, it is just less likely as most people are going to look at translations that haven't been touched that much I can agree with but it depends on the translator. Also some games will never get translated anyways so sometimes a machine translation is all that they get. That being said, I am not going to argue against people being mad at bad translations there are alot of legit reasons for being upset about it and I am sure it is discouraging as a fan to see a game you enjoy getting a raw deal.

The thing is though is that banning them or hiding them on this site does nothing except allow the general population to ignore them. If you really want to do something I would get mad at the guy making all the bad translations rather then the place hosting them. They all come from SVS Comics user stigmata. give him shit lol.

2.80 star(s) 12 Votes