CboyC95

Engaged Member
Feb 22, 2019
There are a lot of sentences where the question mark shouldn't be used for punctual statements.

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Devlog 2023-07-07

Store_Capsule_Main_Crew.png

TooDoo-DooDooDah! It's Friday! I've been so hard at work and lost in a new scene, that I almost forgot about the devlog!
Stoffies has finished the bridge, with the new command platform. I can't wait to put it in the game!

_2.png

As per usual, Crowbie and I have been writing up a storm. I've been working on Epi 4 content, and Crowbie has been working on the Khalil scene.

Soki joined us to start helping to code the facial expressions, freeing up a HUGE chunk of my time. (The new Lochem scenes are all her! <3)

Tae has been working in secret, on forbidden Uhlikti drawings, and we should have a new crew member pinup to share very soon!

Allo did a few more lore images.

_1.png

The rest of the team has been working on some other surprise stuff.

I know, I know, you don't really care about any of this. You just want to get into the shower with the Commander, so I won't take up any more of your time. Patrons can get the new build with the new Lochem intimate content or . There might be a few bugs, so if you run into any of them, please post them in the appropriate Discord channel.

Have fun!

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Was there any progression on the female NPCs plots or arcs?

I keep reading the release notes and it seems like development might be laser focused on developing the male NPC paths/plots/romances, but I could absolutely be mistaken.

Reactions: damnedfrog

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I don't think the question mark should be placed in what should be punctual statements, as well as other misplaced punctuations.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Some of the question marks can still work (last pic for example, it still works since Lochem could say it in a questioning tone), but I do agree it's jarring to see such a consistent problem.

codefost

Jul 23, 2021
when we sleep on first night in episode 3, how do i got dream about raymond or he wasnt option?

if its possible then what is confition? try for 1 hr now

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Heya! It's been a crazy few weeks with work and the baby (she's almost 11 weeks old now, hard to believe), and I apologise for being quieter than usual.

We've been working quietly in the background, albeit a little slower than usual, and we'll continue to do so.
Stoffies has been working on the hangar and Tae has continued working on the new Uhlikti characters, some of which you'll get to meet in episode 4.

_devlog.png
(How cute is she??)

Crowbie has been battling the flu, but she's been working on Khalil's intimate scene whenever she gets a chance, and it's almost ready for release!

Also, Tae has finished this month's pinup! And for our other Patrons on the Lieutenant's tier, the very tame (but still sexy, right?) .

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Was there any progression on the female NPCs plots or arcs?

I keep reading the release notes and it seems like development might be laser focused on developing the male NPC paths/plots/romances, but I could absolutely be mistaken.
I've been working in Veera's arc, as well as a
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
route for Tabitha, but it has taken a backseat to what our patrons want.
The current intimate content is voted for by our patrons, and they are voting for the guys. <3

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Devlog 2023-08-18

Another Friday! ::awkward dubstep moves::
We're all going with the motions, working together on Episode 4 and other content. There's nothing super exciting to share, and it's mostly "Yes, we're still working on it!"
That said, I can share some progress and insight regarding Episode 4. All of this is still unreleased...

Episode 4 - Writing:
Scene 01 - Intro: 1.5K words (DONE)
Scene 02 - Lindi: 1.2K words (Editing)
Scene 03 - Debrief: (Drafting)
Significant Branch 1A - Bug: 500 words (Editing)
Significant Branch 1B - Puzzle: (Drafting)
Scene 04 - Ceph: 1.5K words (Editing)
Scene 05 - Approach: (Drafting)
Significant Branch 2A - Elevator: 700 words (Writing)
Significant Branch 2B - Meetup: (Drafting)
Significant Branch 2C - Explore: (Drafting)
Scene 06 - Naaka: 1.2K words (Editing)
Scene 07 - Stealth: 1.4K words (Editing)
... It continues like this, and I'd rather not spoil anything by accident, such as the fancy new exploration features Trix has been working on!

Unreleased Freeroam Scenes:
Veera's Scenes:
6x scenes: 2K words (All in various stages of Drafting and Writing)
Khalil's Scenes:
2x scenes: 6K words (Editing)
Matthias Scenes:
2x scenes: 4K words (Writing)
Reyna Scenes:
1x Scene: 2K words (Editing)
Tabitha Scenes
1x Scene: 1K words (Writing)
Lebeny Scenes:
1x Scene 4.5K words (Editing)
... Etc

As you can see, it's pretty boring, but we have been working hard. Perhaps more exciting is the new characters that Tae have been drawing for Episode 4.
There are nine new aliens, with several more coming later this month. (You've seen some teasers of them)
There are also five new crew members whom you haven't met yet. (You've seen teasers of Lindi, but I'll share some more today!)

Stoffies is still catching up on redrawing the remaining older backgrounds, and once that's done, he'll start on the new ones for Episode 4.

_devlog.png

The Tabitha Chef, Andreas. Casanova Extrodinaire. He can do things in the kitchen with sugar and fruit that will make your toes curl in pleasure.

Enjoy your weekend, and be kind to each other!

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Devlog 2023-08-25

Another Friday has arrived, and with it comes news from afar...
I haven't welcomed the new patrons in a while, but you are celebrated and noticed! Thank you for making Infinite Stars possible! (Honestly, it would be nothing more than a little passion project without your kind and generous support!)
A special shoutout to Albedo, our newest Admiral patron. We've been cooking up a surprise Tabitha scene together, but Albedo has requested that I not share too much about it during my devlog!
We've all been busy!
Stoffies has finished the new hangar scene and is starting on Aeroponics soon.
Tae has been working her magic. Our next pinup will be the much-anticipated Lochem! She's also working on some more patron reward portraits, and the new aliens are looking spectacular!

_25a.png
A small sketch that has since been refined and coloured...

Crowbie and I have been having fun with the writing, and we came up with some particularly cruel routes for your mc to suffer through while finding a vital clue. Not all choices are equal; sometimes, choosing the easy way out leads to unforeseen but still deliciously angsty consequences.
I've also been working on the solar map. If you're currently on the Captain or Admiral tier as a patron, you should see a play on your name on the map as an extra reward. If you don't see it, don't stress; it's still a work in progress. I teased a blank prototype version of this a few months ago and have since refined it. Episode 4 will have you hopping around the solar system as you [redacted for spoilers]. Coincidentally, this is NOT the very cool navigation thing Trix has been working on, so you're in for more surprises down the line!

_25b.png
Look at all those places to visit... We'll be adding more soon.

It's also the on itchio today, and we have some deep discounts on the character assets from IF THEN ELSE, the highest they've ever been. We've been experimenting with pricing, as I feel the current pricing doesn't align very well with our vision of helping other indies out with getting their game out there. If you do end up buying a few discounted assets, pat yourself on the back, as all proceeds go directly back into Infinite Stars.
_25c.png

That's it for me and the team. Have a pleasant weekend, and give someone you love a hug! <3

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Devlog 2023-09-01

Friday again! And for the other side of the World where I live, it means Spring has finally arrived!

We have an internal date for the next public release of Infinite Stars, and we're prepping for the next Patreon release that will happen first.

The next Patreon release will include some content for Engineering, a Tabitha scene, and Khalil's second intimate scene. The content is written but has been on the back-burner for editing while we continue to work on Episode 4. (I've been putting in longer hours than usual, starting at 6:30 in the morning, and I was up until 22:00ish last night. It's not sustainable, but I'm anxious to get through everything that needs to get done!)

We also plan to release Lebeny's second intimate scene in a follow-up patron build before the next public release.

The next public release will ship closer towards the end of this year and will continue the story for Episode 4. Your Mah'Abue and the crew will zip around the solar system, visiting several low planetary orbital stations and meeting many new characters and aliens as you pursue your goal. We've got some nail-biting decisions for you to make, and we have an exciting reveal near the end of the first act. Ta-dah-dummm!

In the meantime, we'll need your help naming some of the new aliens, and As an added benefit, it also gives you a (unblurred) sneak peek at the new characters!
khoi.png

I'm concerned about the backgrounds that still need to be completed before the release, but if worst comes to worst, you might have to tolerate concept sketches for uncompleted backgrounds until we get them done. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that.

We're announcing our Spooktober game entry today! In the spirit of playing fair, we haven't started working on it yet, but now that September is here, we'll spend all of our available free time working on our Infinite Stars Halloween Heist! We're already spreading ourselves thin, but we want to use the opportunity to introduce more people to Infinite Stars, and what better way to do that than a short but fun stand-alone game for Spooktober?

We have yet to figure out all the logistics, but we want to involve our existing community in the creation as much as possible! Keep an eye on the patron server; there will probably be regular polls and opportunities for you to help shape the heist!

Our monthly pinup for September is the much-adored Lochem for all patrons! He should grace your screens in the next few days!

Have fun, be kind and enjoy your weekend!

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Devlog 2024-01-26

Hay, Hoy, It's Friday! That means devlog time!

This week has been much of the same– we're working super hard on the next content release!

All the planned main story line content for this batch has been coded. Most of the expressions have been done. I'm still working on the lore items for the game, which is coming together nicely! We're planning on having a total of 20 unlockable lore entries on release, with many more to come.

Talking about the lore items, here is a preview of what they'll look like once unlocked.

dev1.png
Just look at that gorgeous artwork by Grace! <3

Tae is working on two surprise player portraits for all of you.

Stoffies is busy finishing up the last of the old backgrounds.

Crowbie is still on a well deserved break for the next 2-3 months.

Trix was invaluable in helping with the story controller for the system navigation screen!

dev2.png
This isn't a mockup, this is the actual, in-game system navigation screen that we'll be using more and more for future content. If you were a Captain or Admiral patron during the planning phase, you'll notice a play on your name somewhere on the screen! <3

I'm writing and coding like a madman, and I'm slowly shifting gears to focus on the launch preparations.

We've got 6 new tracks in the making, and I received the first track's draft earlier today. It's looking promising.

If you want to be considered as a Beta Tester for the upcoming content release, We have limited spots available, so don't wait too long!

In other news, some of you might recall our Spooktober 2023 Visual Novel Jam entry, and as it turns out we finished in the top 2% (4th place!) The jam entry was coded as a HRM (one of the player made mods that Tabitha can run as a simulation) and we'll integrate it into the full game as a triggerable seasonal event during October/Halloween.

As you can see, it's been a busy week, made possible by all of our amazing fans and patrons! We love you all to bits!
Have a fantastic weekend, stay safe and I can't wait to share the new content with all of you!

DeltaDragon

May 6, 2017
So question here, does this game ever start properly following a protag at all? cause I downloaded it before and that opening planet the kept changing perspective kinda just stopped me getting invested.

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
So question here, does this game ever start properly following a protag at all? cause I downloaded it before and that opening planet the kept changing perspective kinda just stopped me getting invested.
If you skip the prologue, you'll immediately get to the Protag. The first two chapters are told from a third person view, until your character arrives to intervene. <3

Reactions: DeltaDragon
3.90 star(s) 12 Votes